1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"Those Waiting for a 2012" Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2012 | 08:07 AM
2Miniacs
5th Gear
My Roadster is headed to the dock today. Wondering if I will be on Independence, Tombarra, or Integrity.....

Old 05-03-2012 | 01:42 PM
DrewN
6th Gear
Originally Posted by agirlnamedroo
I finally got him!!! My OxGreen CMS has arrived and I picked him up tonight. Sorry for the not so great picture, but I am dying to show him off. I know many have said it before more, but this car is soooo much fun to drive!
bada** roo, I'll be sure to pull over to the slow lane if I see you in the rearview

Noreen and tbangin MIA it seems. Too much fun to be had to come back and check in, I hope!

Old 05-03-2012 | 01:48 PM
DrewN
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Btwyx
In previous times, the VIN worked on WW's site before the MINI was on a ship.
You know what, I think you're right. Funny--I just had one delivered and I can't remember when my VIN started showing up on that website. It may have very well been there before the ship docked

Old 05-04-2012 | 12:26 AM
eddyjoe
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by 2Miniacs
My Roadster is headed to the dock today. Wondering if I will be on Independence, Tombarra, or Integrity.....
Keep me posted if you show up on the Independence. I've been waiting on the dock for a couple days now and hopefully we'll both get on it.

Old 05-04-2012 | 03:06 AM
2Miniacs
5th Gear
Eddy joe, will do.

Old 05-04-2012 | 10:54 AM
fatboy97
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by socouper
Oh, and BTW, finally here!!
Very nice color from that angle... I had considered this color combo.

Old 05-04-2012 | 11:24 AM
fatboy97
3rd Gear
Independence 2 has been in port for a while, and the California Highway is just pulling into Southampton right now.

Old 05-04-2012 | 01:55 PM
Mcptpv155
1st Gear
Originally Posted by fatboy97
Very cool... looks like it will take a couple days to get to the port after they are finished be built... so I'm guessing it will be on the ship arriving 5/19/2012.

****EDIT: Post #3000!!!

Ooh I hope we make that ship!

Old 05-04-2012 | 03:07 PM
fatboy97
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by Mcptpv155
Ooh I hope we make that ship!
I've been watching the port every couple days... and there are a number of ships going in and out... I'm hoping we might even catch another ride sometime before the 19th... but we just have to wait and see when it makes it down at the docks.

Old 05-04-2012 | 07:17 PM
socouper
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by fatboy97
Very nice color from that angle... I had considered this color combo.
Thanks! It actually looks more red due to late evening sunset, but oh my, in the sun, it's a whole different color. If not for the Spice Orange Hardtop I saw when I ordered the coupe, I would have gotten Chili Red/Silver. I've had way too many gray, silver cars and decided to go way outside the box (for me at least)

Old 05-04-2012 | 09:58 PM
eenunez1
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by agirlnamedroo
I finally got him!!! My OxGreen CMS has arrived and I picked him up tonight. Sorry for the not so great picture, but I am dying to show him off. I know many have said it before more, but this car is soooo much fun to drive!
Very cool! The more time I spend on NMA the more I realize how everyone's MINI is unique

Old 05-05-2012 | 06:25 AM
shark715
6th Gear
Two days have passed and the automated service says our Countryman is still on it's way to Bremmerhaven. Does anyone know how many days it takes to make the trip from Graz to Bremmerhaven? Some of the posts seem to indicate it can take as little as one day. We seem to have established that Wallenius Wilhelmsen is the only carrier that goes into the Jersey City VPC. How soon after the car leaves Graz should I be able to see info on our car on the Wallenius Wilhelmsen website? Where do I enter the VIN? In "Cargo ID"? Thanks in advance for your help.

Old 05-05-2012 | 06:28 AM
shark715
6th Gear
Two days have passed and the automated service says our car is still on it's way to Bremmerhaven. Does anyone know how many days it takes to make the trip from Graz to Bremmerhaven? Some of the posts seem to indicate it can take as little as one day. We seem to have established that Wallenius Wilhelmsen is the only carrier that goes into the Jersey City VPC. How soon after the car leaves Graz should I be able to see info on our car on the Wallenius Wilhelmsen website? Where do I enter the VIN? In "Cargo ID"? Thanks in advance for your help.

Old 05-05-2012 | 06:37 AM
agirlnamedroo
2nd Gear
Hi Shark,

I can't remember exactly how long mine took, but I remember it seemed like forever (as I'm sure yours does). I wanna say it was 2 or 3 days, but the worst part was at port waiting for a spot on the boat, that took about 2 weeks and until it gets a spot on a boat, until it's actually on the boat you can't look it up. The car pretty much disappears until it's all nestled in and ready for the sail to the US. Yep, you do put the VIN in the cargo ID section of the WW site to find your car.

I found my MA super helpful during this time, and actually for the rest of it's journey. He seemed to have info I couldn't find on the internet no matter how much I looked. If you haven't already, you might try and give him a call.

Old 05-07-2012 | 03:59 PM
Coldstream
1st Gear
MA called today. Looks like my car will be at the dealership on Thursday! It's been a shorter wait than I had feared! It also seems that I got my order in at the right time, as my MA said that there's currently a 5-6 month waiting list for production slots on new Roadster orders!

Old 05-07-2012 | 04:00 PM
wry_martini
1st Gear
5-6 months?

wow. Suddenly glad I didn't opt for the roadster, no matter how awesome that car is...

Old 05-07-2012 | 04:05 PM
Coldstream
1st Gear
Yeah, I can't imagine having to wait that long for a car. I think the anticipation would kill me. As it stands now, my friends and family are tired of me rattling on about the car I'm going to get!

Old 05-07-2012 | 05:07 PM
CaMINIGirl
1st Gear
Yeah 5-6 months would probably be the death of me. Eight weeks has been painfully long.

Old 05-07-2012 | 06:52 PM
eenunez1
3rd Gear
Topeka sighting, exiting Miraflores Locks

For those of you following Topeka reach port, you are now much closer to motoring because your MINI is now on the west coast of America!

Attached Thumbnails "Those Waiting for a 2012" Support Group-screen-shot-2012-05-07-at-6.44.51-pm.jpg  
Old 05-08-2012 | 10:50 PM
InVisib0L
4th Gear
My car is getting done on the 11th. So how do I find out if there are any ships reaching the port soon to pick up a new batch of MINIs?

Old 05-09-2012 | 06:02 AM
fatboy97
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by InVisib0L
My car is getting done on the 11th. So how do I find out if there are any ships reaching the port soon to pick up a new batch of MINIs?
Best thread ever (IMHO) is How to Track your MINI: Revised, Expanded and Updated... go down to Section 4 – Transport and Delivery

You can also watch the port using: Live Ships Map - AIS... go to Port: Southampton... you can watch the pier at N50 53'07.50" W001 23'43.58", which is right below the University of Southampton, which seems to be WW Cargo's main shipping terminal for Southampton. Shortly after the ships leave port you can check on their destination. Currently Tarago, Asian Majesty, Tarifa and Hoegh America are all in port (I hope picking up vehicles).

But I'm guessing you need to read the first thread I posted... since your vehicle will undergo a QA check before leaving the plant, then it takes about 2 days to get to the port. And then you have to wait for it to get onto a ship. There is a link on the first post about checking the WW Cargo ships to see it's been loaded on their ships, but it might go out on another ship... so you should always check with your MA at your dealership to find out if they have more information on what ship it might be on.

My MINI is scheduled to be done today... and after it gets to the port I'll be waiting for it to go to Baltimore.

Old 05-09-2012 | 09:11 AM
eddyjoe
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Coldstream
Yeah, I can't imagine having to wait that long for a car. I think the anticipation would kill me. As it stands now, my friends and family are tired of me rattling on about the car I'm going to get!
I think that applies to all of us. The problem is that I talked about it so much that a few of my friends started actually caring and so they ask me about the car and its whereabout every time we speak. It's actually made the process more difficult, lol.

Originally Posted by 2Miniacs
Originally Posted by powerbook76
unless my car was pulled out to put yours in since yours has been there longer
Originally Posted by Schtuffy
That sucks, sorry. Maybe they held you back to keep us all from getting jealous of you getting your car in only 4 weeks .
Sooooo, my friends. Turns out that I'm not on a WWL ship. The VIN number isn't tracking on the WWL website and when I called ASKMINI earlier today, I was informed that it is in transport! I guess I'm on a K-Line ship and am about to email my MA to get more details. We are FINALLY getting somewhere.
2Miniacs and powerbook76, call ASKMINI to find out if we are on the non-WWL ship together!
Schtuffy, it appears that it's going to be 6 weeks like the other R56MCS owners
GOOD LUCK TO ALL!

Old 05-09-2012 | 09:34 AM
Schtuffy
2nd Gear
Nice eddyjoe! Great to hear you're on a ship. Congrats to roo and socouper too, great looking cars.

Not sure where my car is at the moment. The WW website says it will arrive on the 11th, but marinetraffic.com says that it's already in the Port of Baltimore. Guess I will just have to wait for my MA to tell me when the car arrives at the dealer. I'm secretly hoping for this Saturday, but I know it's probably a bit too soon.

Old 05-09-2012 | 10:42 AM
fatboy97
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by Schtuffy
Nice eddyjoe! Great to hear you're on a ship. Congrats to roo and socouper too, great looking cars.

Not sure where my car is at the moment. The WW website says it will arrive on the 11th, but marinetraffic.com says that it's already in the Port of Baltimore. Guess I will just have to wait for my MA to tell me when the car arrives at the dealer. I'm secretly hoping for this Saturday, but I know it's probably a bit too soon.
There are 3 ships at the dock where the Mini's come into Baltimore right now... do you know which ship it was on?

****EDIT: The Texas, Toscana, and Freedom are in port right now.

Last edited by fatboy97; 05-09-2012 at 11:55 AM. Reason: Adding ships in port Baltimore
Old 05-09-2012 | 12:04 PM
WantAvant
2nd Gear
Our Countryman is at the dealer! Picking it up Saturday

Quick Reply: "Those Waiting for a 2012" Support Group