1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"Those Waiting for a 2012" Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2012, 09:51 AM
fatboy97
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
After finding my vehicle this morning on WW's website... my MA emailed me with what he knew: The VIN!!! I just sent him an email with details from WW's website and what I knew... I knew the VIN on the day it was scheduled for production.

Now to just wait and see if my Mini gets loaded and makes it's way across the pond.

Old 05-11-2012, 01:13 PM
powerbook76
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by eddyjoe
Just received word from my MA. I'm on the K-Line California Highway! For those who may also be on this ship, the call sign is 3FJL6.
http://aprs.fi/#!mt=roadmap&z=9&call...timerange=3600
It arrives in Brunswick on the 17th and I have an estimated delivery date of the 24th! WOO HOOO!

Old 05-11-2012, 01:49 PM
2Miniacs
5th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by fatboy97
After finding my vehicle this morning on WW's website... my MA emailed me with what he knew: The VIN!!! I just sent him an email with details from WW's website and what I knew... I knew the VIN on the day it was scheduled for production.

Now to just wait and see if my Mini gets loaded and makes it's way across the pond.
Wow, awesome that you can find out what ship yours is on already. Mine has been at the dock for 8 days now and I still don't have a ship, although it is possible it will be on the KLine ship leaving tomorrow.

Old 05-11-2012, 03:16 PM
fatboy97
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by 2Miniacs
Wow, awesome that you can find out what ship yours is on already. Mine has been at the dock for 8 days now and I still don't have a ship, although it is possible it will be on the KLine ship leaving tomorrow.
And your MA is not helping?

I think the Bishu Highway is suppose to be in port tomorrow... fingers are crossed!!!

Old 05-11-2012, 07:31 PM
lilredjettdiwagon
1st Gear
Originally Posted by eddyjoe
the CSRs at ASKMINI only know up to the point where the car is out of the factory. after that, you're on your own to do some detective work!
Umm, the detective work that I've been doing is following what the tracking thread is telling me. Cargo ID on ww site is not coming up with anything. And, the schedule tells me what ship leave SH to NB (SSIOPA).

My MA, while a very nice in person, is yet to develop the skills of communicating via email. I have to call her to get a response, so, no word from the dealership perspective as to if my puppy found her way on a K-line boat or simply waiting amd enjoying the British weather at the port....

Anyway, thanks for your reply

Old 05-11-2012, 07:43 PM
eddyjoe
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by lilredjettdiwagon
Umm, the detective work that I've been doing is following what the tracking thread is telling me. Cargo ID on ww site is not coming up with anything. And, the schedule tells me what ship leave SH to NB (SSIOPA).

My MA, while a very nice in person, is yet to develop the skills of communicating via email. I have to call her to get a response, so, no word from the dealership perspective as to if my puppy found her way on a K-line boat or simply waiting amd enjoying the British weather at the port....

Anyway, thanks for your reply
no prob . fortunately, most of the people who helped me in my beginning stages as well as when i was in dire need received their MINI's already. hopefully my experience could help you.

MA's vary. the last time i spoke to mine on the phone on 5/4, he told me that the shipping date was 5/8. i checked both the WWL and K-Line saw that there was nothing leaving southampton on those days which had me doubting a bit.

i decided to relax with the harassing and just let the days pass when on 5/9 i called ASKMINI and checked the OL and both said that the car was on "in transport". it seemed odd simply bc if it had been picked up at the port the day before, a quick update would be uncharacteristic of MINI. WWL was still saying "no records found" and k-line had a ship that left on 5/5 and none until 5/12. earlier today my MA confirmed that it was on California Highway which set said on 5/5 and i couldn't be happier. a very pleasant surprise/error. too bad the ship fell off the radar and i have to speculate about its whereabouts.

once again, good luck!

Old 05-11-2012, 10:33 PM
jacinf
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by jacinf
My wife's Mini Hardtop is waiting at the port (has been for a few days) right now and mine is on the way to the port now (just left today). They are both headed to California obviously.. what are they chances they get on the same boat?
Looks like hers is on the Canopus Leader leaving Southampton tomorrow the 12th and set to arrive in Port Huenume, California on June 4th.

I think mine may have missed that boat because my VIN isn't showing any information on WWL tracking page.

Old 05-12-2012, 08:21 AM
Mcptpv155
1st Gear

I am so happy for you. You're MINI made it on a ship. Brilliant!

Old 05-12-2012, 08:32 AM
fatboy97
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by Mcptpv155
I am so happy for you. You're MINI made it on a ship. Brilliant!
Have you checked WW's Track and Trace link to see if your Miniis scheduled yet?

Old 05-12-2012, 08:43 AM
Mcptpv155
1st Gear
Have you checked WW's Track and Trace link to see if your Miniis scheduled yet?
Are you kidding? Hourly

No records found.

Old 05-12-2012, 08:54 AM
fatboy97
3rd Gear
Are you kidding? Hourly

No records found.
I was doing the same thing... hopefully it will show up soon!!!

****EDIT: BISHU Highway just left Southampton for Baltimore.

Old 05-12-2012, 09:02 AM
lilredjettdiwagon
1st Gear
Are you kidding? Hourly

No records found.
It's a bit comforting to know that I am not the only waiting for a boat

Old 05-12-2012, 09:21 AM
Mcptpv155
1st Gear
That is one of the reasons why this thread is so great. You can find fellow suffers.

Last edited by Mcptpv155; 05-12-2012 at 04:04 PM.
Old 05-12-2012, 01:06 PM
2Miniacs
5th Gear
A lot of us are in the same boat.....waiting on a boat.

Old 05-12-2012, 01:33 PM
Flipper & Punkin
2nd Gear
Waiting on a VIN for wife's new MINI ("Punkin")

Ordered 5/9/2012:
MCS, Spice Orange Metallic, Black Roof/Mirrors, Chrome Line Interior, Black Headlamp Housings, Heated Front Seats, Sport Pkg (17" Conical Spoke, Xenon Headlamps), Technology Pkg (no mapping), 6-speed Automatic, Rear Fog Lamps, Dual Pane Panoramic Sunroof

"Flipper", her current 2005 MCS...

38,000 miles, Hyper Blue Metallic, White Roof/Mirrors, Combo #3 Cold Weather Pkg (heated everything), Combo #1 Premium Pkg (Dual Pane Panoramic Sunroof, Automatic AC), Combo #2 Sport Pkg (17" 8-Spoke, Xenon Headlamps), Harman-Kardon, 6-speed Manual

...will now reside on my side of the garage Sold my 2009 Mustang GT (Glass Roof) last month to make room for it.

Awaiting new NAM user login: "Flipper & Punkin"

Old 05-12-2012, 03:08 PM
Schtuffy
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Flipp_er
Ordered 5/9/2012:
MCS, Spice Orange Metallic, Black Roof/Mirrors, Chrome Line Interior, Black Headlamp Housings, Heated Front Seats, Sport Pkg (17" Conical Spoke, Xenon Headlamps), Technology Pkg (no mapping), 6-speed Automatic, Rear Fog Lamps, Dual Pane Panoramic Sunroof

"Flipper", her current 2005 MCS...

38,000 miles, Hyper Blue Metallic, White Roof/Mirrors, Combo #3 Cold Weather Pkg (heated everything), Combo #1 Premium Pkg (Dual Pane Panoramic Sunroof, Automatic AC), Combo #2 Sport Pkg (17" 8-Spoke, Xenon Headlamps), Harman-Kardon, 6-speed Manual

...will now reside on my side of the garage Sold my 2009 Mustang GT (Glass Roof) last month to make room for it.

Awaiting new NAM user login: "Flipper & Punkin"
Wait a second... so you had to sell your newer car, take her hand me down, and then she gets the brand new hotness? Haha, yeah I guess that sounds about right. Congrats to her for getting a new car !

My wife's car is currently in the black hole of the VDC. It was fun tracking the ship and checking the WW site, so this is pretty frustrating.

Old 05-12-2012, 04:22 PM
Richie Champagne
Neutral
Originally Posted by DrewN
Congratulations and welcome to the MINI family, again . Assuming of course that this is your first new or custom-built MINI, the Sticky thread in this very forum has all the info you need for tracking it. But basically once you get your Production Number from your MA, head over to the Owners Lounge at ol.miniusa.com and register. Once you're registered (you'll need that production number to do so) there's a tiny link in the website right underneath the front-page photo that reads "Track your MINI". Besides that link you can always call MINI or your MA.

Oh, and I'm in here for a reason. Just like Richie I just ordered my 2nd MINI, a '12 MB/B Cooper Clubman. All I have on her are front and rear fogs, white turns, anthracite headliner and an HK stereo. Went from wild (MCS) to mild, but I am just as excited as I was 4 years ago to get into a new MINI.

I knew about a week into owning my 1st one that I'd probably never leave the brand, and here I am, again. Waiting
Thanks for the response. I just checked and it's still waiting for a ride to the U.S. Been waiting a week now.
I had ordered the coupe with recaro seats. After a week, the salesman called and said the recaro seats weren't an option anymore..."do you want other seat options?"
me-"Hell no!" i wanted the seats more than the car. After thinking about it, I went with the convertible...and it's cheaper.
pepper white with silver stripes. getting excited. But, summertime in south louisiana isn't built for convertibles. But, football season is right around the corner and i can't wait to head to LSU football games to tailgate in the roadster.

Attached Thumbnails "Those Waiting for a 2012" Support Group-my_mini_desktop-4.jpg  
Old 05-12-2012, 04:23 PM
Richie Champagne
Neutral
Originally Posted by 2Miniacs
A lot of us are in the same boat.....waiting on a boat.
Same here. Been waiting for a week now. Maybe we'll all be together!

Old 05-12-2012, 07:52 PM
Flipper & Punkin
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Schtuffy
Wait a second... so you had to sell your newer car, take her hand me down, and then she gets the brand new hotness? Haha, yeah I guess that sounds about right. Congrats to her for getting a new car !

My wife's car is currently in the black hole of the VDC. It was fun tracking the ship and checking the WW site, so this is pretty frustrating.
Yeah; my wife is a runner and experienced a knee injury last year while training for a marathon; injured knee, stiff clutch... bad combination. We bought the 05 MCS for her in 2009 (it was a low mileage car; 14000 miles). I fell in love with it the first time I got it on the interstate (supercharger, HK sound; it was like I'd died and gone to heaven ).

Flipper:

Attached Thumbnails "Those Waiting for a 2012" Support Group-img_4198-0.25.jpg  
Old 05-12-2012, 08:03 PM
Flipper & Punkin
2nd Gear
VIN Assigned!

WOOHOO! Scheduled for production while I was writing last post!

WMWSV3C54CT387xxx

Now I need to find a website that will decipher it...

Old 05-13-2012, 03:25 AM
InVisib0L
4th Gear
Best thread ever (IMHO) is How to Track your MINI: Revised, Expanded and Updated... go down to Section 4 – Transport and Delivery

You can also watch the port using: Live Ships Map - AIS... go to Port: Southampton... you can watch the pier at N50 53'07.50" W001 23'43.58", which is right below the University of Southampton, which seems to be WW Cargo's main shipping terminal for Southampton. Shortly after the ships leave port you can check on their destination. Currently Tarago, Asian Majesty, Tarifa and Hoegh America are all in port (I hope picking up vehicles).

But I'm guessing you need to read the first thread I posted... since your vehicle will undergo a QA check before leaving the plant, then it takes about 2 days to get to the port. And then you have to wait for it to get onto a ship. There is a link on the first post about checking the WW Cargo ships to see it's been loaded on their ships, but it might go out on another ship... so you should always check with your MA at your dealership to find out if they have more information on what ship it might be on.

My MINI is scheduled to be done today... and after it gets to the port I'll be waiting for it to go to Baltimore.
Sweeet. Thanks for the reply. My car just went into "Awaiting Transport" status!

Old 05-13-2012, 06:41 AM
fatboy97
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by InVisib0L
Sweeet. Thanks for the reply. My car just went into "Awaiting Transport" status!
The status on the Owners Lounge is usually a few days behind.

No two stories are the same here, just like most Mini's are NOT the same. A few days after mine went into Awaiting Transport I was able to find what ship it was on using WW's website: http://www.2wglobal.com/www/customer...LaunchPage.htm... luckily it is scheduled on one of their ships, not all are.

The Integrity is pulling in very soon.... and hopefully my Mini Cooper S Coupe will be loaded on that ship today (it is scheduled to be loaded on it) and it will be leaving Monday morning for the US East Coast... Baltimore being the first port.

Last edited by fatboy97; 05-13-2012 at 06:47 AM.
Old 05-13-2012, 06:56 AM
DrewN
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Richie Champagne
Thanks for the response. I just checked and it's still waiting for a ride to the U.S. Been waiting a week now.
I had ordered the coupe with recaro seats. After a week, the salesman called and said the recaro seats weren't an option anymore..."do you want other seat options?"
me-"Hell no!" i wanted the seats more than the car. After thinking about it, I went with the convertible...and it's cheaper.
pepper white with silver stripes. getting excited. But, summertime in south louisiana isn't built for convertibles. But, football season is right around the corner and i can't wait to head to LSU football games to tailgate in the roadster.
Great call on the Roadster Richie. I'm sure you're going to love the top-down action, and you chose the right time for it too. Definitely worth the extra wait imo.

Old 05-13-2012, 07:02 AM
DrewN
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Schtuffy
The last few days waiting are the most frustrating for sure. You can't really track the MINI except on OL which is possibly inaccurate in the first place, it might be in the VDC longer than usual to fix issues, etc.

When my MINI showed up at the Dealer per the OL it was actually a couple days later when I actually got the call from my MA that it was delivered. Then I had to wait over the weekend because it was too busy at the dealership on Saturdays.

Old 05-13-2012, 08:58 AM
Flipper & Punkin
2nd Gear
Skip the Ship... Lockheed Martin should buy up some of those old C-5As and C-5Bs from USAF, outfit them with MINI pallets and lease them out to BMW. Then they could fly directly to the VDCs. Or even better, skip the VDCs; airlift directly to airports. Onboard cargo compartment video streaming, too... :-)

Quick Reply: "Those Waiting for a 2012" Support Group