1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"Those Waiting for a 2012" Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2012, 03:09 PM
a Dash of Red
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by PMKNHD
Go ahead, rub it in!
Sorry Yours'll be really awesome when you get it.

I'll post some pictures when I get it.

Old 05-28-2012, 04:12 PM
fatboy97
3rd Gear
Hopefully we can all get calls from our MA's tomorrow and we can all pick them up Wednesday morning.

Old 05-28-2012, 06:06 PM
PMKNHD
4th Gear
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by fatboy97
Hopefully we can all get calls from our MA's tomorrow and we can all pick them up Wednesday morning.
Right-on, I'm all for that!!!!

Originally Posted by a Dash of Red
Sorry Yours'll be really awesome when you get it.
I'll post some pictures when I get it.
Thanks, I couldn't tell you how many times I configured and reconfigured.
Believe it or not the most important thing to me was to make sure I got the 2012 and not the 2013. 3 cylinders and more of a rounded rear from what I've read, no thanks!

Old 05-28-2012, 07:19 PM
PMKNHD
4th Gear
This is some old and some new information in an R56 thread started by inomis, there's some interesting reading here. Even though most of what's there is discussions between R56 owners it's about things people found out about their cars that wasn't necessarily in owners manuals or given up by the dealers. Most of these things are shared by the whole MINI line-up.
I thought I would share this thread with you all.

https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...-r56-mini.html

Here's another started by Newdl for R50/R53 talk and is the predecessor to the above thread. Both of these are still being added to so you could say their current.

https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...your-mini.html

Old 05-28-2012, 07:40 PM
deejay_001
3rd Gear
I guess I need to introduce myself. Hi, my name is deejay_001 and I'm a Miniholic. Well, not really aholic but I can't wait for it to arrive. The wife and I have finally put the deposit down on a Mini Cooper S Hardtop with the following:
Reef blue
black top
Black Jack sunroof graphic, mirror caps, side scuttle
17" Canonical Spoke black wheels
etc...

I've been annoying the dealership with questions nearly everyday so I figured what better place to geek out over the mini than here. Current status is that it's "Scheduled for Production" and has been that way the last 4 or 5 days.

Old 05-28-2012, 07:48 PM
PMKNHD
4th Gear
Originally Posted by deejay_001
I've been annoying the dealership with questions nearly everyday so I figured what better place to geek out over the mini than here. Current status is that it's "Scheduled for Production" and has been that way the last 4 or 5 days.
It may already be in production if it's said that for that long. Click on your order details on the bottom of the Owners Lounge Tracking list and you may already have a VIN. You could also call 1-866-275-6464 (ASK-MINI) and they can give you up to date info up until it's ready to ship.
Welcome aboard!
Have some popcorn while you wait, make sure you share some with your wife.

Old 05-28-2012, 07:59 PM
Zikes
Neutral
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm on the FAUST! ETA is June 12th. Can't come soon enough!

Old 05-28-2012, 08:23 PM
PMKNHD
4th Gear
Originally Posted by Zikes
I'm on the FAUST! ETA is June 12th. Can't come soon enough!
I know that's right!
The 12th will take forever to get here, then it will seem like yesterday.
I'm saying that to make myself feel better!

Old 05-28-2012, 09:45 PM
deejay_001
3rd Gear
Well, I do have a vin number, thanks for that info PMKNDHD. I thought that was just a step in the process. I'm reading the "How to Track your MINI" thread now. Anyone know if the Mini Connected option gives you bluetooth as well. I asked my MA and he said I have it but I would think that would be a factory installed item yet I do not see that in the list.

Any Reef Blue pics? Thinking about ordering matte black sport or viper stripes, would like to see some pics of this combo.

Old 05-28-2012, 10:59 PM
Qball1963
2nd Gear
With mini connected you get Bluetooth

Old 05-29-2012, 04:09 AM
PMKNHD
4th Gear
Originally Posted by qball1963
with mini connected you get bluetooth
+1

Old 05-29-2012, 05:16 AM
PMKNHD
4th Gear
Originally Posted by deejay_001
Any Reef Blue pics? Thinking about ordering matte black sport or viper stripes, would like to see some pics of this combo.
No luck with pics of Reef Blue with black striping. This may be because the color was made for the 50th anniversary Hampton editions that came with Hampton stripes. I could be wrong.

Old 05-29-2012, 07:05 AM
TELY
3rd Gear
Still waiting on a ride!!!!

Hi all! My Countryman S was born on 5/11/12! As of the 21st, my MA said it’s at the port in England waiting for a ride. That's about as much info as I can find. There's still no data on WW when I input my VIN.
Anyone have a similar birth date and more tracking info?

Old 05-29-2012, 07:43 AM
fatboy97
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by TELY
Hi all! My Countryman S was born on 5/11/12! As of the 21st, my MA said it’s at the port in England waiting for a ride. That's about as much info as I can find. There's still no data on WW when I input my VIN.
WW is the only shipper that will give you tracking info.... K-Line has ships leaving Southampton, but doesn't allow tracking, so it might leave on one of their ships. Mine was born two days before and left on a WW ship (Integrity).

Sorry to hear... but patient... I'm sure it will show up soon.

Old 05-29-2012, 07:51 AM
WinstonAllegheneyIII
4th Gear
WW is the only shipper that will give you tracking info.... K-Line has ships leaving Southampton, but doesn't allow tracking, so it might leave on one of their ships. Mine was born two days before and left on a WW ship (Integrity).

Sorry to hear... but patient... I'm sure it will show up soon.

Mine was born on 5/26!!! Mine still says, "awaiting transport." Is that what yours says? I wonder if we will be on the same ship?

Old 05-29-2012, 07:53 AM
WinstonAllegheneyIII
4th Gear

Mine was born on 5/26!!! Mine still says, "awaiting transport." Is that what yours says? I wonder if we will be on the same ship?

Old 05-29-2012, 08:16 AM
TELY
3rd Gear
Yep...mine says "awaiting transport". I was hoping to be able to play the "track you MINI on the ship" game, but don't know if I'll have that chance.

Old 05-29-2012, 08:25 AM
fatboy97
3rd Gear
Yep...mine says "awaiting transport". I was hoping to be able to play the "track you MINI on the ship" game, but don't know if I'll have that chance.
Depending on which port your Mini will arrive in... you can watch that port and see which ones came from Southampton. I knew mine was coming into Baltimore and then figured out what pier area it would arrive at... it's one way of stocking your Mini.

Old 05-29-2012, 08:58 AM
MCJoe
4th Gear
My Countryman is on the Medea which is due in New Jersey tomorrow morning. Getting excited! This Friday will be 10 weeks since I ordered, and it's been the longest 10 weeks of my life!

Old 05-29-2012, 08:59 AM
WinstonAllegheneyIII
4th Gear
Depending on which port your Mini will arrive in... you can watch that port and see which ones came from Southampton. I knew mine was coming into Baltimore and then figured out what pier area it would arrive at... it's one way of stocking your Mini.
I'm on the west coast and our MINI's have to arrive into the USA in California. I've heard that we can track the ship even through the panama canal and that the panama canal has a webcam on it to see what's passing through!?!?

Old 05-29-2012, 09:01 AM
PMKNHD
4th Gear
I don't know of any way to track K-Line by VIN, WW is so much easier to track.
Your MA should be able to give you the ship's name when it's loaded.
With the ship's name you can go to MarineTraffic.com and track it from thete and maybe get photo's and more info on the ship itself.
http://www.marinetraffic.com/ais/
This is a link to K-Line's Manifests that you may be able to figure out on your own what ship your baby is on.
http://www.kline.com/KAMCarCarrier/S...g_Schedule.pdf (this is a .pdf but should be updated often)
Have fun!

Old 05-29-2012, 09:02 AM
TELY
3rd Gear
OK...I see my Port Loc as Brunswick, GA, according to my Vehicle Inquiry Report. That's something I didn't notice before! The "how to track your MINI thread" shows WW as the shipping company to that port, so I guess my MINI is just waiting around for the next WW ship???!!!!

Old 05-29-2012, 09:14 AM
TELY
3rd Gear
OK...I see my Port Loc as Brunswick, GA, according to my Vehicle Inquiry Report. That's something I didn't notice before! The "how to track your MINI thread" shows WW as the shipping company to that port, so I guess my MINI is just waiting around for the next WW ship???!!!!
If my MINI got a ride with Kline, the Bishu left on May 24th and the Florida leaves on the 30th. *crossing fingers*

Old 05-29-2012, 09:16 AM
TELY
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by MCJoe
My Countryman is on the Medea which is due in New Jersey tomorrow morning. Getting excited! This Friday will be 10 weeks since I ordered, and it's been the longest 10 weeks of my life!
Yay!!! A True Blue with white top! I'm waiting on mine too!!!

Old 05-29-2012, 09:18 AM
PMKNHD
4th Gear
Originally Posted by WinstonAllegheneyIII
I'm on the west coast and our MINI's have to arrive into the USA in California. I've heard that we can track the ship even through the panama canal and that the panama canal has a webcam on it to see what's passing through!?!?
Here's the link to the Panama Canal Webcams.
http://www.pancanal.com/eng/photo/camera-java.html

Quick Reply: "Those Waiting for a 2012" Support Group