1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"Those Waiting for a 2012" Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2012 | 11:24 PM
lilredjettdiwagon
1st Gear
Anyone already received their Minis that was brought to our shore on Bishu Highway?

My MA says Wednesday or Thursday

Never had so much pop corn in my life

Old 05-29-2012 | 11:38 PM
PMKNHD
4th Gear
Originally Posted by lilredjettdiwagon
Anyone already received their Minis that was brought to our shore on Bishu Highway?

#1 Mine came across the pond on the TEXAS, the Bishu I couldn't say.
#2 Congratulations, I hope that call comes for you. Today or tomorrow would be nice!
#3 At least there kind enough to provide us with popcorn here at NAM while we wait.

Old 05-29-2012 | 11:44 PM
deejay_001
3rd Gear
PMKNHD and Fatboy97 - Congrats. Can't wait 'til I can get the satisfaction of pulling up to MY MINI. I want to call askmini now but I'm sure they're closed. PMKNHD, Awesome pics.

Old 05-30-2012 | 03:29 AM
2Miniacs
5th Gear
Originally Posted by lilredjettdiwagon

Mine was aboard Bishu but still at VDC. Hoping for delivery to dealer today, although work may prevent me from picking it up.

Old 05-30-2012 | 03:50 AM
MiniO
3rd Gear
Mine is on Grandy Mercury ETA NY June 6th.
Tried to track it but last position showing is on the day of sailing right off of the port in UK. How do I track in Atlantic. I thought I had done so right across ocean last time in 08?

Old 05-30-2012 | 03:59 AM
fatboy97
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by MiniO
Tried to track it but last position showing is on the day of sailing right off of the port in UK. How do I track in Atlantic. I thought I had done so right across ocean last time in 08?
If you know the "Call Sign" of the ship you can track it with Sailwx.info like I did with my posts... click on the little link next to my name below in the Quote (this takes you back to my post) and you can see the image I attached. Some times your ship reports it's position, sometimes it doesn't, but this worked for me.

Originally Posted by fatboy97
Integrity as of this morning.

***EDIT: OL finally says my Mini is "En Route"... almost a full 4 days after it left port.

Old 05-30-2012 | 04:56 AM
MiniO
3rd Gear
Thanks fat boy! That is site I tried but just shows position right outside UK port. Not updated since sail date of may 26th

Old 05-30-2012 | 07:47 AM
Qball1963
2nd Gear
Here is the first good pic of my new Countryman

Old 05-30-2012 | 07:57 AM
MCJoe
4th Gear
Wow, sweet ride, Qball! Love the chrome!

Old 05-30-2012 | 08:47 AM
PMKNHD
4th Gear
Originally Posted by deejay_001
PMKNHD and Fatboy97 - Congrats. Can't wait 'til I can get the satisfaction of pulling up to MY MINI. I want to call askmini now but I'm sure they're closed. PMKNHD, Awesome pics.
Thank you very much.
deejay, you can call ASK MINI at any hour. They have an automated information center when the offices are closed that I found to be accurate at most times. Keep in mind that ASK MINI is only good untill the car reaches the port for shipping. After that you need to get what you can from the dealer.
Hoping your gets to you quickly!

Old 05-30-2012 | 08:50 AM
PMKNHD
4th Gear
Originally Posted by 2Miniacs
Mine was aboard Bishu but still at VDC. Hoping for delivery to dealer today, although work may prevent me from picking it up.
I think that all MINI dealers are open till 9:00 throughout the week. If your's becomes ready for pick-up I hope that fits into your work schedule. That would really suck to know that you can pick it up and realize you cant.

Old 05-30-2012 | 08:56 AM
PMKNHD
4th Gear
Originally Posted by MiniO
Unfortunately there is some dead space in the Atlantic, it gets to a point where the ship is to far to be picked up by land based radar.
I know there is a Coast Guard site where you can sometimes get word on a ship outside of ground radar but I don't know off hand what that site was.
Grandy Mercury will be off radar for a couple of days and then get picked up again by US ground radar and you can continue to track.

Old 05-30-2012 | 09:00 AM
PMKNHD
4th Gear
If you know the "Call Sign" of the ship you can track it with Sailwx.info like I did with my posts... click on the little link next to my name below in the Quote (this takes you back to my post) and you can see the image I attached. Some times your ship reports it's position, sometimes it doesn't, but this worked for me.
I didn't see your post before making the one above. I wish I had that link when I was tracking mine.

Old 05-30-2012 | 09:03 AM
PMKNHD
4th Gear
Originally Posted by Qball1963
Here is the first good pic of my new Countryman
Have to say, this is the first Countryman that I thought looked good.
Nice!

Old 05-30-2012 | 09:27 AM
Mcptpv155
1st Gear
First off, PMKNHD, I love your pictures. That is one awesome Clubman. Love your Countryman too Qball1963. I really like that dark blue with the Chrome.

My MINI was ordered on 4-24. I was a little sad that it's progress seemed to be trailing some others on this forum. Now I am so glad. Last night, Oklahoma had one heck of a hail storm come threw with up to softball sized hail with more to come tonight. I would not have wanted any chance of my brand new MINI on a truck on it's way to the dealer in that kind of weather. So this morning, I am very relieved to be lagging the rest of you guys . I love seeing all of the brand new MINI's though. Keep those great photos coming.

Old 05-30-2012 | 10:36 AM
fatboy97
3rd Gear
Nice Countryman Qball!!!

I'll be picking up my new baby in about 5 hours... it's tough sticking it out at work these new few hours, but I've already been here 7 hours... it's one of my long days because of meetings at work... 2 more to go... I think I can make it... and I have not had any popcorn today!!!

Old 05-30-2012 | 10:55 AM
smithtammy
Neutral
1st Gear

I ordered my first Mini 5/15/2012 in Greenville, SC. Got my production number for the MA 5/17 and of course it had the wrong color listed. In a about 1 week it changed to the correct color and options and said "On order" Then about a week later it still said the same so I called the 1-877-ASKMINI. The nice man that I talked to said it was in production. I checked the site again the next day and it was updated to "Scheduled for Production". I called back again (IMPATIENT) and the recording said in production and scheduled to be complete 6/6/2012. Can I say EXCITED!!!! I just hope that there are no glitches that hold it up.

I have checked thru the NAM for tracking and looks like if it makes the boat June 8th, it should hit the docks in Georgia June 23rd. I can not wait for it to get here. Going from a Tahoe (will keep for family trips) to a Ice Blue convertible with Black top 6 speed with Mini Connect and Cold Weather Package, Polar Beige leather seats. It will be a blast driving it and not spending $400 a month in gas!!!

Now, I need a name for the car, Ice Blue...any suggestions?

Tammy

Old 05-30-2012 | 10:59 AM
fatboy97
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by smithtammy
I ordered my first Mini 5/15/2012 in Greenville, SC. Got my production number for the MA 5/17 and of course it had the wrong color listed. In a about 1 week it changed to the correct color and options and said "On order" Then about a week later it still said the same so I called the 1-877-ASKMINI. The nice man that I talked to said it was in production. I checked the site again the next day and it was updated to "Scheduled for Production". I called back again (IMPATIENT) and the recording said in production and scheduled to be complete 6/6/2012. Can I say EXCITED!!!! I just hope that there are no glitches that hold it up.

I have checked thru the NAM for tracking and looks like if it makes the boat June 8th, it should hit the docks in Georgia June 23rd. I can not wait for it to get here. Going from a Tahoe (will keep for family trips) to a Ice Blue convertible with Black top 6 speed with Mini Connect and Cold Weather Package, Polar Beige leather seats. It will be a blast driving it and not spending $400 a month in gas!!!

Tammy
Born on 6/6 and on a ship 6/8... sorry, but don't bet on that... it might happen, but usually doesn't... lately they have been already booked up and full... so expect to wait possibly a little longer... again, Sorry!!!

Old 05-30-2012 | 11:18 AM
PMKNHD
4th Gear
Originally Posted by Mcptpv155
My MINI was ordered on 4-24. I was a little sad that it's progress seemed to be trailing some others on this forum. Now I am so glad. Last night, Oklahoma had one heck of a hail storm come threw with up to softball sized hail with more to come tonight. I would not have wanted any chance of my brand new MINI on a truck on it's way to the dealer in that kind of weather. So this morning, I am very relieved to be lagging the rest of you guys . I love seeing all of the brand new MINI's though. Keep those great photos coming.
Thanks for the comment!
Don't feel too bad, I ordered mine on 4/11 and I still haven't taken possession. More pictures when I pick it up after the Aero Kit is on.
Fate was definitely on your side with this one, that would have been horrible to have your MINI pummeled on a truck on the way to you. It would have been bad enough if that happened while it was home.
What the heck is Oklahoma doing having hail at the end of May let alone softball size. There were no tornado warnings or anything there, right?

Old 05-30-2012 | 11:34 AM
PMKNHD
4th Gear
Originally Posted by smithtammy

Tammy
Congratulations on your order Tammy!
In my opinion the Ice Blue reminded me of blue marshmallows or light blue Peeps. Maybe you can come up with something from that.

Old 05-30-2012 | 11:36 AM
PMKNHD
4th Gear
Nice Countryman Qball!!!

I'll be picking up my new baby in about 5 hours... it's tough sticking it out at work these new few hours, but I've already been here 7 hours... it's one of my long days because of meetings at work... 2 more to go... I think I can make it... and I have not had any popcorn today!!!
4 hours and counting!!!
Now stay away from that popcorn or you'll spoil your supper!

Old 05-30-2012 | 12:46 PM
Rejeme
2nd Gear
Born on 6/6 and on a ship 6/8... sorry, but don't bet on that... it might happen, but usually doesn't... lately they have been already booked up and full... so expect to wait possibly a little longer... again, Sorry!!!
Unfortunately this seems to be the case. Mine has been waiting for a ride since the 24th.

Old 05-30-2012 | 12:50 PM
Qball1963
2nd Gear

Tammy[/QUOTE]

Mine was at the port waiting for a boat for 2 weeks, it was frustrating! Still made it here in 8 weeks!!!

Old 05-30-2012 | 12:54 PM
Qball1963
2nd Gear

Here is the a pic of our 2 MINI's

Last edited by Qball1963; 05-30-2012 at 01:15 PM.
Old 05-30-2012 | 01:16 PM
PMKNHD
4th Gear
Originally Posted by Qball1963
Looks like a nice couple!
I like how they have matching chrome and wheels (real nice with the black on one and silver on the other)

Quick Reply: "Those Waiting for a 2012" Support Group