1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"Those Waiting for a 2012" Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2012, 01:19 PM
PMKNHD
4th Gear
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by fatboy97
Nice Countryman Qball!!!

I'll be picking up my new baby in about 5 hours... it's tough sticking it out at work these new few hours, but I've already been here 7 hours... it's one of my long days because of meetings at work... 2 more to go... I think I can make it... and I have not had any popcorn today!!!
2 hours 10 minutes and counting!

Old 05-30-2012, 04:21 PM
Mcptpv155
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by PMKNHD
Thanks for the comment!
Don't feel too bad, I ordered mine on 4/11 and I still haven't taken possession. More pictures when I pick it up after the Aero Kit is on.
Fate was definitely on your side with this one, that would have been horrible to have your MINI pummeled on a truck on the way to you. It would have been bad enough if that happened while it was home.
What the heck is Oklahoma doing having hail at the end of May let alone softball size. There were no tornado warnings or anything there, right?
I don't feel too bad. I know the wait is hard for us all. And yes, it would have been really bad to have had my MINI home when the storm hit. Although we had plenty of warning about what was coming, there is just not a lot you can do. One funny thing though, while all of the other car dealers leave their cars outside when bad weather is forecast, the MINI dealer here moves all of their MINI's inside.

Old 05-30-2012, 04:31 PM
PMKNHD
4th Gear
fatboy97,
Ummmm........waiting!

Old 05-30-2012, 04:41 PM
PMKNHD
4th Gear
MiniO,
Are you getting your Bayswater with the black headlight housings?

Old 05-30-2012, 05:26 PM
Qball1963
2nd Gear
Looks like a nice couple!
I like how they have matching chrome and wheels (real nice with the black on one and silver on the other)
They are close to matching. My wife's are 6 spoke and mine are five.

Old 05-30-2012, 05:31 PM
fatboy97
3rd Gear
Just picked up my Mini and drove home... here are 3 pictures at the dealership.

Old 05-30-2012, 06:09 PM
a Dash of Red
1st Gear
Congrats to everyone who got there MINIs today. they all look good.

Here's mine. I can't believe it's here, I think it's going to just get better and better.

Old 05-30-2012, 06:30 PM
PMKNHD
4th Gear
Congratulations fatboy97 and a Dash of Red!!!

Both MINI's look fantastic.
That Little Blue Meanie does look mean! (sorry they only had this in red)

As far as a Little Dash of Red....You weren't kidding, sweet simplicity! The splash of red really pop's I'm sure right when the door opens.

As for me?..........

Old 05-30-2012, 07:02 PM
MiniO
3rd Gear
Pumkinhead (love those movies and pretty much all b-horror)

Yes - Bayswater S - Black headlight housings and roof.
Saw it at car show and had to have it. Trading in my year old Juke. (fun car but not a mini)
Can't wait.
Still can't track it.
Just shows last position as right outside UK Port on May 26th.
ETA NY 6th so hope to have it before 15th.

Old 05-30-2012, 07:29 PM
Mcptpv155
1st Gear
Just picked up my Mini and drove home... here are 3 pictures at the dealership.

So shiny and blue. Happy Motoring!

Old 05-30-2012, 07:32 PM
Mcptpv155
1st Gear
Originally Posted by a Dash of Red
Congrats to everyone who got there MINIs today. they all look good.

Here's mine. I can't believe it's here, I think it's going to just get better and better.

Anytime I see a Pepper White MINI in person I have to stop and stare. They are so sharp. Congrats.

Old 05-30-2012, 08:07 PM
2Miniacs
5th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
New Roadster "S" home and in the garage. No pics yet as I have to install the JCW brakes still. 2.5 months from order to delivery and glad to be done waiting. Will be back to post pics.

Old 05-30-2012, 08:50 PM
kel3q3
2nd Gear
Congrats to everyone who has recently picked up their MINIs. Mine was supposed to complete production today. I'll find out if we're on schedule tomorrow. In the meantime, I bought my first aftermarket item... a nice set of wheels (and I'm going ahead and ditching the RFs since I'm moving from 16" to 17")
http://www.tenzoracingsports.com/wheel05.htm

Old 05-30-2012, 09:18 PM
PMKNHD
4th Gear
Originally Posted by 2Miniacs
New Roadster "S" home and in the garage. No pics yet as I have to install the JCW brakes still. 2.5 months from order to delivery and glad to be done waiting. Will be back to post pics.
Awesome news 2Miniacs!

I do have to ask why you have to install the JCW brakes yourself?
JCW breaks aren't a part of the package?

I don't mean to be stupid but when I was working up to ordering mine, there was no JCW package for Spice Orange or Automatic.

Old 05-30-2012, 09:21 PM
PMKNHD
4th Gear
Originally Posted by kel3q3
Congrats to everyone who has recently picked up their MINIs. Mine was supposed to complete production today. I'll find out if we're on schedule tomorrow. In the meantime, I bought my first aftermarket item... a nice set of wheels (and I'm going ahead and ditching the RFs since I'm moving from 16" to 17")
http://www.tenzoracingsports.com/wheel05.htm
Those Tenzo's are a WOW!

Old 05-30-2012, 10:37 PM
deejay_001
3rd Gear
-Port Hueneme, CA (Port Loc = PHMPOA): WW, ~21 days for transport (thanks krim)
Geesh, that seems like a long time. Getting impatient, the popcorn is stale. Called AskMINI and they said it's in production. Ordered it the weekend of Mothersday. Seems like it's taking longer than most.

Old 05-30-2012, 11:11 PM
PMKNHD
4th Gear
Originally Posted by deejay_001
Geesh, that seems like a long time. Getting impatient, the popcorn is stale. Called AskMINI and they said it's in production. Ordered it the weekend of Mothersday. Seems like it's taking longer than most.
It does seem like a long time for all of us, I ordered on April 11th and it reached the dealership on Tuesday. Shipping to Cali I can't comment on, mine unloaded in Baltimore and sat there for a while. Be patient it will be worth it, I know I'm still trying to be.

Old 05-31-2012, 12:00 AM
NinjaTurtle
3rd Gear
You ordered a week ahead of me, so hopefully yours will be completed and on the way soon. If not, we may end up on the same boat. Mine is scheduled to be completed 6/6, but I haven't had a chance to call and speak to anyone yet.

Last edited by NinjaTurtle; 05-31-2012 at 12:02 AM. Reason: reorganized my thoughts
Old 05-31-2012, 03:18 AM
2Miniacs
5th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Awesome news 2Miniacs!

I do have to ask why you have to install the JCW brakes yourself?
JCW breaks aren't a part of the package?

I don't mean to be stupid but when I was working up to ordering mine, there was no JCW package for Spice Orange or Automatic.
Since we wanted an automatic we couldn't order the JCW ROadster, but we wanted the JCW body kit (which is labeled as JCW Package on the configurator), which we ordered. By ordering the brakes separately, and installing myself, I saved a few hundred dollars.

Old 05-31-2012, 04:34 AM
fatboy97
3rd Gear
Thanks everybody for the nice comments on my Little Blue Meanie... she sure did look great on the dealer's showroom floor. And it sure was a pleasure driving home... even with rush hour... and then straight into the garage. I'll get a chance to drive her a bit more tomorrow, since I'm taking tomorrow off to make a nice long weekend.

Now I know some of you are just starting the process... and sometimes it can be a little long, or it feels that way... and in PMKNHD's case I'm leaning toward the "it WAS/IS LONG" side. I know I was on the short side... it was 5 1/2 weeks from placing the order to picking her up... 5 weeks was Memorial Day (Monday) and I picked her up yesterday (Wednesday after Memorial Day)... all I can say is WOW!!! Even with a holiday in the way at the end... WOW!!!

Now all the people at work want to see her.

Sometimes you are luck... sometimes you are not. Just hang in there and your new MINI will be home soon.

Old 05-31-2012, 07:24 AM
deejay_001
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by NinjaTurtle
You ordered a week ahead of me, so hopefully yours will be completed and on the way soon. If not, we may end up on the same boat. Mine is scheduled to be completed 6/6, but I haven't had a chance to call and speak to anyone yet.
When I called AskMini, she couldn't tell me when it was scheduled to be complete. I guess I have to ask the MA.

Old 05-31-2012, 10:14 AM
fatboy97
3rd Gear
When I called AskMini, she couldn't tell me when it was scheduled to be complete. I guess I have to ask the MA.
Here is a Quote from the "How to Track your MINI" sticky thread... and it is SO TRUE:

Not all ASK-MINI Customer Relations reps are created equal, sometimes you will get one who does not know the system entirely or is unfamiliar with the process, sometimes you will get incredibly personable and highly informative reps. Call back multiple times to ensure the information you’ve been given matches with what other reps tell you.

Old 05-31-2012, 12:07 PM
WinstonAllegheneyIII
4th Gear
I just tracked mine on askmini and it said, "your vehicle is at the port awaiting a vessel!" wahoo!!! anyone with me? mine is coming into Port Hueneme.

Old 05-31-2012, 12:10 PM
PMKNHD
4th Gear
Originally Posted by 2Miniacs
Since we wanted an automatic we couldn't order the JCW ROadster, but we wanted the JCW body kit (which is labeled as JCW Package on the configurator), which we ordered. By ordering the brakes separately, and installing myself, I saved a few hundred dollars.
Right-on, that makes sense. They are very expensive installed, like everything else fore these monies. (oops, I mean MINI's)
I had the same issue. After 32 years of nothing but manual shift I now needed an automatic. When I ordered, like you I wanted a JCW but as I didn't offer one with auto or the spice orange for that matter.
The only things on my clubman that aren't JCW are the brakes wheels and suspension. ( besides little details like shift **** and other cosmetics)
They also started the JCW package for the clubman just after mine was in production.
I call it Pumpkinhead: S Clubman JCW Modified.
Now that Mine's at the dealers getting the aero kit installed, the JCW's are going to have an automatic option.
I'm still glad mine's a 2012. It will be a very low mileage 2012 if I ever go to resell.
Enjoy your Roadster: JCW Modified

Old 05-31-2012, 12:23 PM
PMKNHD
4th Gear
Thanks everybody for the nice comments on my Little Blue Meanie... she sure did look great on the dealer's showroom floor. And it sure was a pleasure driving home... even with rush hour... and then straight into the garage. I'll get a chance to drive her a bit more tomorrow, since I'm taking tomorrow off to make a nice long weekend.

Now I know some of you are just starting the process... and sometimes it can be a little long, or it feels that way... and in PMKNHD's case I'm leaning toward the "it WAS/IS LONG" side. I know I was on the short side... it was 5 1/2 weeks from placing the order to picking her up... 5 weeks was Memorial Day (Monday) and I picked her up yesterday (Wednesday after Memorial Day)... all I can say is WOW!!! Even with a holiday in the way at the end... WOW!!!

Now all the people at work want to see her.

Sometimes you are luck... sometimes you are not. Just hang in there and your new MINI will be home soon.
Very well said!!!
I am expecting to get the Alien Ship Unlocker Starter Thingy today or tomorrow.

Motor on!

Quick Reply: "Those Waiting for a 2012" Support Group