1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"Those Waiting for a 2012" Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2012 | 12:30 PM
PMKNHD
4th Gear
Originally Posted by ALL4JOE
Oooooh my, the waiting is so difficult.

(I have nothing constructive to add to the conversation, but few people around me can effectively sympathize)
How could it be more constructive then that?

Old 06-01-2012 | 12:40 PM
fatboy97
3rd Gear
Showroom lights did not do this paint or my Mini justice, but today's Sunny day did...

Old 06-01-2012 | 12:48 PM
PMKNHD
4th Gear
That looks great!!!
Thanks for the update.
Love that you put the spoiler up for the pictures.
How many miles have you put on already while I'm still.

Old 06-01-2012 | 12:57 PM
fatboy97
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by PMKNHD
That looks great!!!
Thanks for the update.
Love that you put the spoiler up for the pictures.
How many miles have you put on already while I'm still.
Remember, not too much popcorn or you will spoil you supper!!!

I currently have about 120 miles on her... about 80 of which was this morning little river road run.

Old 06-01-2012 | 01:13 PM
PMKNHD
4th Gear
#1.

#2. 120 miles, not to bad. You must be having fun, and now for the weekend.

I'm still hoping for today, 4:12 now, their open till 9:00. It could happen.

Old 06-01-2012 | 02:14 PM
kel3q3
2nd Gear
I hate to say it but this can' be right.
Not that your car is being released just that so many processes were completed in 4 days.
The car isn't assembled until after it's painted.
I didn't mean it went through all of production in 4 days; those were just my last 4 updates. My MINI actually started production on Monday of the previous week. But I don't know about order you mentioned--about being painted before it's assembled. But I'm sure you've done your research, so I'll take your word for it. Maybe they got their messages mixed up. But I do know that it started production on May 21, and now it is supposedly waiting for transporation to the port.

I've been meaning to watch the video, but haven't yet. I'll squeeze that into my list of things to do this weekend... somewhere in the midst of designing something for the roof of my MINI Oh, I need to see if there is a thread of roof graphics. I'd love to see what others have done.

Old 06-01-2012 | 02:45 PM
fatboy97
3rd Gear
#1.

#2. 120 miles, not to bad. You must be having fun, and now for the weekend.

I'm still hoping for today, 4:12 now, their open till 9:00. It could happen.
If it was me I'd be on the phone with my MA until said it was ready... once an hour every hour!!!

Old 06-01-2012 | 03:24 PM
TELY
3rd Gear
Something else to talk about while waiting...

OK, so while we're waiting....
I like to think I can just walk onto the lot the day my MINI shows up and just get in and motor away.
In reality....gotta do all the finance talk and decide what kind of Motoring Protection Programs to add on.
Those of you that have recently acquired your MINIs, what kind of programs/plans/etc did you end up adding on at delivery?
My dealer requires an IBEX paint protection for all their cars. Does anyone have an opinion on this? Worth the money? Should I get a different kind of paint protection? Here is what my MA said about it..."... It provides you with a 7yr. Paint Protection Warranty against any organic based stain on your paint, from bird poop to etched mineral deposits in your paint (sprinkler system water baked into the paint on a 110 degree day). If the stain won't come out with standard cleaning/waxing, the paint will be wet sanded buffed or the panel re-painted. It's not a detail program. It's an awesome protection program with written documentation for $295.00."

Old 06-01-2012 | 03:40 PM
PMKNHD
4th Gear
Originally Posted by fatboy97
If it was me I'd be on the phone with my MA until said it was ready... once an hour every hour!!!
Believe me, it's killing me not to but I don't want to be the cause of anything being rushed. The last thing I want is dirt in the paint, runs, orange peel (no joke) etc..... Or even a misaligned Strut Tower Brace.
I'm trying really hard to continue to be patient even knowing it's so close, they've had since Tuesday and now it's the weekend. Can you believe this...a 48 year old man crying!

Old 06-01-2012 | 03:47 PM
NinjaTurtle
3rd Gear
I called ASK MINI today and the automated system said we were currently in the body shop , but that estimated completion is now 6/7. Then I checked my e-mail and I had a message from my MA that we were currently in the paint shop , and he was showing 6/7 as well. I know it's just one more day, but IT'S ONE MORE DAY!!!

Old 06-01-2012 | 04:03 PM
PMKNHD
4th Gear
Originally Posted by TELY
OK, so while we're waiting....
I like to think I can just walk onto the lot the day my MINI shows up and just get in and motor away.
In reality....gotta do all the finance talk and decide what kind of Motoring Protection Programs to add on.
Those of you that have recently acquired your MINIs, what kind of programs/plans/etc did you end up adding on at delivery?
My dealer requires an IBEX paint protection for all their cars. Does anyone have an opinion on this? Worth the money? Should I get a different kind of paint protection? Here is what my MA said about it..."... It provides you with a 7yr. Paint Protection Warranty against any organic based stain on your paint, from bird poop to etched mineral deposits in your paint (sprinkler system water baked into the paint on a 110 degree day). If the stain won't come out with standard cleaning/waxing, the paint will be wet sanded buffed or the panel re-painted. It's not a detail program. It's an awesome protection program with written documentation for $295.00."
I can't see how the dealer can say you have to add anything, and it sounds more like he's trying to force a sale.
There are potential problems with IBEX if the car is not prepped right it will seal water spots, bird poop etc. onto the paint. What you do is up to you but I for one would use Zaino Products on my car and tell this dealer to stuff it unless your getting it free!!!!!
As far as other plans, I'm going with what comes with the car and as these warranty's run out then I'll decide what to do.
The free oil changes etc. sound good but their in what your already paying and how much would it cost out of pocket to change the oil every 10,000 or so which is when they will do it under the maintenance plan.

Remember that when your financing they will try to get you to sign for as much as they can - that's business!

I've saved the money to buy mine outright and have not been hit up for anything more then I already ordered. (point-in-case)

Old 06-01-2012 | 04:58 PM
a Dash of Red
1st Gear
I What you do is up to you but I for one would use Zaino Products on my car
I've been reading the detailing thread and just a confused as before!!

Do you think the Zaino is better then Prima or Griots? i would like to get a kit to start with. It's all maken my head spin. And then there microfiber and who to buy from?

but I have driven a hundred miles.

Old 06-01-2012 | 05:39 PM
Clubby58
Neutral
Awesome Hampton

Just picked up my Hampton Clubman, awesome driver! Fully loaded, manual. Haven't driven a stick since my 95 Miata. It's like riding a bike, I feel so connected to this car.

Old 06-01-2012 | 05:59 PM
PMKNHD
4th Gear
Originally Posted by Clubby58
Just picked up my Hampton Clubman, awesome driver! Fully loaded, manual. Haven't driven a stick since my 95 Miata. It's like riding a bike, I feel so connected to this car.
Wow, since a Miata, that's got to feel good.
Congratulations on your HC!
Fits like a glove don't they!

Old 06-01-2012 | 06:11 PM
PMKNHD
4th Gear
Originally Posted by a Dash of Red
I've been reading the detailing thread and just a confused as before!!

Do you think the Zaino is better then Prima or Griots? i would like to get a kit to start with. It's all maken my head spin. And then there microfiber and who to buy from?

but I have driven a hundred miles.
I can't comment on Prima or Griots, I haven't used them.
Zaino has been formulated for show cars therefore should be good for our MINI's.
Where microfiber is concerned that could be tricky, some don't scratch, some do and some do really bad. Stay away from any microfiber from Korea for example. There are safe products available from the same company's that manufacture excellent protectants.
Now to the nitty-gritty, you put on 100 miles already.......your screwed!

Old 06-01-2012 | 09:50 PM
kel3q3
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Clubby58
Very nice! I love the Hampton pkg. If I had gone with the clubman (seriously debated it), I would have had to find a way to squeeze the Hampton in my finances. Congrats, and post pics when you get a chance.

Old 06-02-2012 | 01:20 AM
InVisib0L
4th Gear
For those that are on Asian Vision, it's only a few hours outside of Port Hueneme!

Attached Thumbnails "Those Waiting for a 2012" Support Group-close.jpg  
Old 06-02-2012 | 09:04 AM
Kispian
1st Gear
Originally Posted by InVisib0L
For those that are on Asian Vision, it's only a few hours outside of Port Hueneme!
She is there Now and hopefully unloading fast The wait is getting worse...Keep repeating, "almost done, almost done, almost done"...though if you are saying while rocking back and forth then it gets awkward.

Old 06-02-2012 | 09:43 AM
PMKNHD
4th Gear
Old 06-02-2012 | 11:59 AM
NinjaTurtle
3rd Gear
How much longer do you have to wait? I debated pretty much up to the day I placed my order over Chili Red vs. Spice Orange. In the end it came down to the interior options and the fact that I've driven a red & black car for the last 12 years. But I love the color combination you came up with and can't wait to see it in it's final form.

Last edited by NinjaTurtle; 06-02-2012 at 12:08 PM.
Old 06-02-2012 | 12:11 PM
InVisib0L
4th Gear
Originally Posted by Kispian
She is there Now and hopefully unloading fast The wait is getting worse...Keep repeating, "almost done, almost done, almost done"...though if you are saying while rocking back and forth then it gets awkward.
Yeah. Unloading fast but hope that the VDC decided to operate today as well...

Old 06-02-2012 | 12:44 PM
fatboy97
3rd Gear
I thought we both agreed that you did not need anymore popcorn!!!

What are they saying about your MINI??? Today... or early next week?

Old 06-02-2012 | 12:46 PM
InVisib0L
4th Gear
Are you on the Asian Vision?

Old 06-02-2012 | 01:00 PM
fatboy97
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by InVisib0L
Are you on the Asian Vision?
PMKNHD is waiting for some final Dealership installed options to be installed before he can drive his for the first time.

Old 06-02-2012 | 01:16 PM
InVisib0L
4th Gear
Originally Posted by fatboy97
PMKNHD is waiting for some final Dealership installed options to be installed before he can drive his for the first time.
Ah I see.

Quick Reply: "Those Waiting for a 2012" Support Group