1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"Those Waiting for a 2012" Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2012, 08:36 AM
jacinf
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anybody else on the WW Faust? It looks like it's going through the Panama Canal today. Anybody have a photo of it going through?

Old 06-04-2012, 09:03 AM
deejay_001
3rd Gear
PKMKNHD, were you able to enjoy the weekend in a shiny new PKMKNHD mini? My little Hawkling is in the paintshop. It'll be so much easier to find parking in the downtown streets of Seattle or anywhere else for that matter (Tingling feeling inside). It won't be until the 6/6 when it's completed, then 21 days before Port Hueneme - Really!!! (Tingling feeling replaced by anxiety). My timeline so far:
1/2004 - 2/2012 - test drives and debate to get a mini off and on
2/2012 - 3/2012 - Wife and I decided it's time to save on gas and wanted a small car. Mini wins out. Other cars really didn't stand a chance
3/2012 - 4/2012 - adding a ton of mini's to my garage on miniusa.com
5/1/2012 - 5/4/2012 - Either black, white, or blue (seahawks fan) but still not sure which mini
5/5/2012 - Test drove clubman and hardtop. Out were the coupes (just tooo small and we have 2 small kids that would ride occasionally). Realized that miniusa.com colors does not represent the actual colors well, reef blue nearly looked black
5/12/2012 - Got wife down to test drive. To my surprise, she wanted to test drive more mini's. Settled on Reef Blue Hardtop. Covertibles had too big of a blind spot for her.
5/13/2012 - Placed order.
5/16/2012 - Got wrong Prod code
5/21/2012 - Got new Prod code but it too was wrong
5/22/2012 - Got correct Prod code and OL status was "Scheduled for Production"
5/28/2012 - Found NAM and in particular this thread.
5-30-2012 - Production has started
6-3-2012 - Paint shop

Old 06-04-2012, 09:07 AM
deejay_001
3rd Gear
Just realized that I may have forgot to order the interior door and paneling that matches the seats (Satellite Gray color line). Anyone know how easy this is to replace the default? Wonder if that can be done at the dealership. I'll have to call/email the MA.

Old 06-04-2012, 10:15 AM
smithtammy
Neutral
Deejay,

My little mini is in the paint shop as well. Scheduled to be finsihed 6/7. Fingers crossed. Looks like ours are together in the paint shop, maybe they will make the boat together. Mine will come into Brunswick, Georgia and then up to Greenville, SC.

Tammy

Old 06-04-2012, 11:20 AM
PMKNHD
4th Gear
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by deejay_001
Just realized that I may have forgot to order the interior door and paneling that matches the seats (Satellite Gray color line). Anyone know how easy this is to replace the default? Wonder if that can be done at the dealership. I'll have to call/email the MA.
I'm not saying that it's even possible but if your in paint they may be able to make that change as long as it hasn't already gone into assembly. Act now and it may be able to be done!!!!!

Old 06-04-2012, 11:25 AM
PMKNHD
4th Gear
For all those wondering, if all goes well Pumpkinhead should be coming home on Tuesday 6/4. The Aero Kit was a little off in shade so it is being removed and repainted (clips being replaced). To their credit this discrepancy was caught by the dealer not by me. All is well!! Will be even better tomorrow!

Old 06-04-2012, 11:33 AM
glorkar
1st Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Haven't been tracking mine as minutely as some, but it's currently awaiting transport.

Old 06-04-2012, 12:06 PM
InVisib0L
4th Gear
Originally Posted by jacinf
Anybody else on the WW Faust? It looks like it's going through the Panama Canal today. Anybody have a photo of it going through?
Looks like it's coming up...

http://www.pancanal.com/eng/photo/camera-java.html

Old 06-04-2012, 02:37 PM
deejay_001
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by PMKNHD
I'm not saying that it's even possible but if your in paint they may be able to make that change as long as it hasn't already gone into assembly. Act now and it may be able to be done!!!!!
The MA says NO - it's too late. They're checking to see if they can make the change at the dealership ($$$). I'll give AskMINI a call. Not sure if they can help but it's worth a shot.

Old 06-04-2012, 07:04 PM
kanakaboy92
2nd Gear
So Excited! CANOPUS LEADER finally docked at Port Hueneme early today, which means my MINI only has about a week before I take delivery down here in San Diego!
It has been a long wait, and hopefully this week wont be too much longer!

Congrats to those of you who already have your cars! They all look great!

Old 06-04-2012, 07:35 PM
InVisib0L
4th Gear
Originally Posted by kanakaboy92
So Excited! CANOPUS LEADER finally docked at Port Hueneme early today, which means my MINI only has about a week before I take delivery down here in San Diego!
It has been a long wait, and hopefully this week wont be too much longer!

Congrats to those of you who already have your cars! They all look great!
I thought you were on Asian Vision.

Old 06-04-2012, 07:47 PM
PMKNHD
4th Gear
Congratulations going out to jacinf, InVisib0L, glorkar and kanakaboy92 on your soon to be at home MINI's!!

I think that has me caught up! If I missed anybody add your name in the space provided [____________________]

Old 06-04-2012, 07:50 PM
deejay_001
3rd Gear
MA says it's in the assembly line. Closer and Closer. I need to order my stripes. Any tips for places to order? I'm cosidering cutritefx.com.

Old 06-04-2012, 07:53 PM
Btwyx
6th Gear
Originally Posted by jacinf
Our new one is. I was checking the webcams yesterday, a likely looking ship came through, but it was going in the wrong direction.

Old 06-04-2012, 08:05 PM
PMKNHD
4th Gear
Originally Posted by deejay_001
MA says it's in the assembly line. Closer and Closer. I need to order my stripes. Any tips for places to order? I'm cosidering cutritefx.com.
Cooper Flags would be 1 place to check.
http://www.cooperflags.com/Index.cfm

Old 06-04-2012, 09:13 PM
kanakaboy92
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by InVisib0L
I thought you were on Asian Vision.

I originally thought I was, but I guess I didn't make it on that ship. Has your MA given you an estimate for when you can pick up your car?

Old 06-04-2012, 09:16 PM
InVisib0L
4th Gear
Originally Posted by kanakaboy92
I originally thought I was, but I guess I didn't make it on that ship. Has your MA given you an estimate for when you can pick up your car?
Ohh. Sadly, no. I called ASKMINI and all they could tell me was that it arrived at the port but they don't know if it's at the VDC or not.

Old 06-04-2012, 11:15 PM
kanakaboy92
2nd Gear
Hmm... I'll have to give them a call tomorrow. I hope its not too long from VDC to the dealer.

Old 06-05-2012, 04:37 AM
fatboy97
3rd Gear
@PMKNHD, I hope to see some final pictures of the new Pumpkinhead today!!!

Old 06-05-2012, 08:45 AM
TELY
3rd Gear
PMKNHD...
Thanks for the advice on paint and other questions! I actually got them to remove this paint protection "requirement" from my order. I said I wanted to research other options...I obviously don't know much about detailing cars. I would expect that the paint job from factory has to be pretty good quality with some kind of protection already built in....is that not the case? Do I really need to consider some other kind of paint protection to go onto the MINI as soon as I get it, or is that just a "MINI fanatic thing"? (and I don't mean that disrespectfully at all!)
My MINI will hang on the driveway and not in garage (unless I can talk the hubby into storing the boat somewhere else! ). So there will be lots of hot sun. I'm hoping if I just keep it washed and waxed up, it will be OK.

Last edited by TELY; 06-05-2012 at 08:49 AM. Reason: I didn't post correctly after someone's quote....just trying to move my reply...
Old 06-05-2012, 08:46 AM
PMKNHD
4th Gear
Originally Posted by fatboy97
@PMKNHD, I hope to see some final pictures of the new Pumpkinhead today!!!
@fatboy97
So far it's looking good for today, the clips were sent overnight, the dealer ran them to their body shop, the parts were repainted they are expecting to be done with it by 3: or 4: The dealer will clean it up like they do for pick up and I should have it garaged tonight. (Fingers, toes, legs, arms and Eyeballs crossed!)

Originally Posted by InVisib0L
Ohh. Sadly, no. I called ASKMINI and all they could tell me was that it arrived at the port but they don't know if it's at the VDC or not.
@ InVisib0L & kanakaboy92
ASK-MINI is only good until it gets to port, after that your at the mercy of the dealer to get any updated information.

Old 06-05-2012, 09:00 AM
PMKNHD
4th Gear
Originally Posted by TELY
PMKNHD...
Thanks for the advice on paint and other questions! I actually got them to remove this paint protection "requirement" from my order. I said I wanted to research other options...I obviously don't know much about detailing cars. I would expect that the paint job from factory has to be pretty good quality with some kind of protection already built in....is that not the case? Do I really need to consider some other kind of paint protection to go onto the MINI as soon as I get it, or is that just a "MINI fanatic thing"? (and I don't mean that disrespectfully at all!)
My MINI will hang on the driveway and not in garage (unless I can talk the hubby into storing the boat somewhere else! ). So there will be lots of hot sun. I'm hoping if I just keep it washed and waxed up, it will be OK.
Well you are better off in the sun then parking under a tree. Keep a window just so slightly cracked. This will allow morning dew in the car to evaporate.. As far as the paint on the mini's, they have 2 coats of paint (no primer) and yes the protection would be in the paint to a point but who knows what their formulation is.
Find a coating, wax or sealer that has UV protection if your parking in the sun. Some take their mini and have them clear coated or micra-acrylic sealed etc. The link below will give you more info on waxes and sealers in layman terms. Carnauba waxes are generally good protection, sealers last longer.
http://www.autogeek.net/qude101.html

If you haven't already found this video check it out. It shows what it takes to manufacture that MINI your waiting on. The video is just over 14 min. long, very interesting and shows things you would never think your MINI go through.
http://youtu.be/Y3FCHNe_hh

Last edited by PMKNHD; 06-05-2012 at 09:14 AM.
Old 06-05-2012, 09:09 AM
TELY
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by PMKNHD
Well you are better off in the sun then parking under a tree. Keep a window just so slightly cracked. This will allow morning dew in the car to evaporate.. As far as the paint on the mini's, they have 2 coats of paint (no primer) and yes the protection would be in the paint to a point.
Find a coating,wax or sealer that has UV protection if your parking in the sun. Some take their mini and have them clear coated or micra-acrylic sealed etc. The link below will give you more info on waxes and sealers in layman terms. Carnauba waxes are generally good protection, sealers last longer.
http://www.autogeek.net/qude101.html
Thanks a bunch!!!!
OL says my MINI is en route now! It's been sitting around since May 21st! I'm calling my MA to see if he knows what ship. WW doesn't have info when I put my VIN in....so I guess I'm on Kline.
I guess I'll have some of your popcorn...

Old 06-05-2012, 09:37 AM
PMKNHD
4th Gear
Originally Posted by TELY
Thanks a bunch!!!!
OL says my MINI is en route now! It's been sitting around since May 21st! I'm calling my MA to see if he knows what ship. WW doesn't have info when I put my VIN in....so I guess I'm on Kline.
I guess I'll have some of your popcorn...
Just to be sure, you did put the VIN in the Cargo ID box correct?
If you can get the nave of the ship you can track it at:

http://www.marinetraffic.com/ais/

This one is a pdf. Manifest for K-Line you may find something here:
(it may take a while to load)

http://www.kline.com/KAMCarCarrier/S...g_Schedule.pdf

Last edited by PMKNHD; 06-05-2012 at 09:48 AM.
Old 06-05-2012, 10:25 AM
Rejeme
2nd Gear
PMKNHD, I see you ordered the JCW tuning kit for your baby. Did your dealer order that ahead of time to install it before you take delivery? Were you able to negotiate the kit price and labor with them?

Quick Reply: "Those Waiting for a 2012" Support Group