1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"Those Waiting for a 2012" Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2012 | 12:29 PM
fatboy97
3rd Gear
Congratulations PMKNHD... it's just that I remember back only a week ago that you were saying:

Originally Posted by PMKNHD
fatboy97,
Ummmm........waiting!
While I was still picking mine up... still have to pay for it and sign a few papers... so I'm sure you can see why we were all wandering where you were.

Now go out and have some fun this weekend!!!

Old 06-06-2012 | 12:39 PM
ALL4JOE
2nd Gear
I have to say it is one hell of a piece of machinery, a work of art, an inspiration, a testament to all that is good.....I'll shut up
lol, we all know that you continued that tangent in your head...and rightly so!

These things excite the driver in all of us!

Old 06-06-2012 | 12:46 PM
PMKNHD
4th Gear
Originally Posted by fatboy97
Congratulations PMKNHD... it's just that I remember back only a week ago that you were saying:

While I was still picking mine up... still have to pay for it and sign a few papers... so I'm sure you can see why we were all wandering where you were.

Now go out and have some fun this weekend!!!
Sure I said Ummmm.......waiting. I was anxious to hear how you liked driving the Blue Meanie for the first time.
Thanks, it felt good knowing you all really care.
Honestly as heightened as your senses get when waiting it does feel like the order went in yesterday. So much fun.

Old 06-06-2012 | 02:25 PM
flanders621
1st Gear
Wow! Definitely some great looking MINIs out there. Luckily my long ordeal is almost over. Mine is at the dealership waiting. Just have to wait one more week until I'm back in the states to pick it up! At least my MA was nice enough to send me a few pics.

Attached Thumbnails "Those Waiting for a 2012" Support Group-edward-morones-002.jpg   "Those Waiting for a 2012" Support Group-edward-morones-004.jpg   "Those Waiting for a 2012" Support Group-edward-morones-005.jpg  
Old 06-06-2012 | 02:42 PM
lilredjettdiwagon
1st Gear
Originally Posted by flanders621
Wow! Definitely some great looking MINIs out there. Luckily my long ordeal is almost over. Mine is at the dealership waiting. Just have to wait one more week until I'm back in the states to pick it up! At least my MA was nice enough to send me a few pics.
Very nice!! Congratulations and have a safe trip back home

Old 06-06-2012 | 03:17 PM
a Dash of Red
1st Gear
I'm back - Pumpkinhead is finally home - WHAT A RUSH!!!!!

Took possession yesterday after 6:30 eastern!
About 0 - 60mph in......I mean I put on a little over 100 miles for a quick ride last night.
Pumpkinhead Complete!

Link to the larger shots in my album https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...kinhead-2.html

Just a few shots at the dealer until I can get to a park and take some good ones.
Did you wax it before the hundred miles?

Big Congrats you were more patient then me. Happy motoring.

Old 06-06-2012 | 04:10 PM
NinjaTurtle
3rd Gear
PMKNHD! Simply outstanding looking vehicle!!! Glad you finally got it home. Gonna makes my wait even harder!

Old 06-06-2012 | 05:35 PM
Mcptpv155
1st Gear
I really like the black racing stripes w/the Spice Orange PNKNHD! Congrats and surviving the long wait.

Old 06-06-2012 | 06:35 PM
PMKNHD
4th Gear
Originally Posted by flanders621
Very cool!
That BRG looks like it's 1" thick. Would love to see it next to my SO.
Maybe we would even let that blue guy in there. (Had to go there fatboy97 )
I was going to go with the English Oak and Piano Black as well and changed my mind in one of my first 40 configurations.
Good looking ride, now get home and enjoy it!

Old 06-06-2012 | 06:52 PM
PMKNHD
4th Gear
Originally Posted by a Dash of Red
Did you wax it before the hundred miles?

Big Congrats you were more patient then me. Happy motoring.
Thanks for the congrats!
I wish you were right about my being patient, I think my MA wanted to beat me senseless and couldn't wait for me to get it off the lot!
As far as waxing, I'm over 200 miles not but I'm goint back to the dealer Friday to have DuraShield+ applied to the hood, lights, bumpers, mirror caps and rocker panels. Costs nearly $800 to have it done with the Aero Kit but I would rather pay now then later.

Old 06-06-2012 | 06:56 PM
PMKNHD
4th Gear
Originally Posted by NinjaTurtle
PMKNHD! Simply outstanding looking vehicle!!! Glad you finally got it home. Gonna makes my wait even harder!
Big thanks NinjaTurtle!
Here I was hoping that my getting through it would make yours arrive that much sooner. By the by what are you naming your again.......Shelly?

Old 06-06-2012 | 07:03 PM
PMKNHD
4th Gear
Originally Posted by Mcptpv155
I really like the black racing stripes w/the Spice Orange PNKNHD! Congrats and surviving the long wait.
Thank you Mcptpv155.
It took a while to decide on those colors but I'm glad I did. I would like to see one that's Spice Orange and White.
There is 2 MINI's near me that are Eclipse Grey and Black and they do look awesome. No doubt you'll be as happy with your as we all are with ours. The wait is almost over!!!

Old 06-06-2012 | 08:05 PM
Mcptpv155
1st Gear
I bet the white roof would look good too. But I think the Black Roof really sets off the Spice Orange.

I love seeing everyone get their MINI's. Everytime someone shows a picture of theirs, I find myself going "Ooh I should have gotten that color or Ooh I should have gotten those wheels" I wonder if anyone has ever configured themselves insane?

Old 06-06-2012 | 08:30 PM
kanakaboy92
2nd Gear
So, I got an email from my MA today with a picture of my car that just arrived.
I was really excited to see it, so I immediately opened up the email to see what she looks like

I ordered a Chili Red/Black JCW Hardtop, so boy was I shocked to see this!

The nicest thing was that he remembered my request for no front plate (CA is a front plate state)

(sorry its upside down, its right side up on my computer)

When I went to see him after I saw the email, they made it seem like it was my responsibility to pay the $1500 to repaint the roof black!! My order clearly says black roof and mirrors, and black wheels.

Does anyone know what I should do about the roof being the wrong color?
I don't think I should have to pay out of pocket for something MINI screwed up on. I've waited almost 12 weeks for the car, and am getting impatient.

Old 06-06-2012 | 09:11 PM
kel3q3
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by kanakaboy92
When I went to see him after I saw the email, they made it seem like it was my responsibility to pay the $1500 to repaint the roof black!! My order clearly says black roof and mirrors, and black wheels.

I don't think I should have to pay out of pocket for something MINI screwed up on. I've waited almost 12 weeks for the car, and am getting impatient.
I'm no lawyer, but if you have the paperwork to show the specs, that sounds like some degree of a contractual agreement. I would fight it! MINIs are too expensive for you to have to pay for their mistake! Sorry I don't have any more solid advice... maybe there's a lawyer on the forum somewhere...

Old 06-06-2012 | 10:00 PM
pdoel
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by kel3q3
I'm no lawyer, but if you have the paperwork to show the specs, that sounds like some degree of a contractual agreement. I would fight it! MINIs are too expensive for you to have to pay for their mistake! Sorry I don't have any more solid advice... maybe there's a lawyer on the forum somewhere...
X2

When I ordered, my salesman printed out my configuration once he set it up, and insisted I check and re-check. Said it protects us both. That way if it comes in with a white roof, and I said I want black, we'll check the paperwork. Basically, that order says who screwed up. If your order says black roof, no matter what, Mini is responsible. Don't pay a dime. Period.

Old 06-06-2012 | 10:06 PM
kanakaboy92
2nd Gear
Thanks,
I really hope their sales manager realizes that MINI should be paying for it, not me!
I kinda of had my MA at a loss of words because he couldn't figure out why that would happen.

Old 06-06-2012 | 10:30 PM
InVisib0L
4th Gear
I was really excited to see it, so I immediately opened up the email to see what she looks like

Wow, what the heck? They should be responsible for it. I'm picking up mine tomorrow...

Old 06-06-2012 | 10:49 PM
NinjaTurtle
3rd Gear
Wow...I can't believe they would expect you to pay to fix their mistake. I just re-checked my confirmation paperwork and it clearly states "roof and mirror caps in black". If it were to arrive in a different color I would not be paying a cent to fix it. I hope you get it worked out.

Old 06-06-2012 | 11:07 PM
kanakaboy92
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by InVisib0L
Wow, what the heck? They should be responsible for it. I'm picking up mine tomorrow...
Good luck picking yours up tomorrow! ...Keep us posted.
I'm sure most people wouldn't have the problems I am having.

I won't let them make pay for it. I just hope I can keep my cool, it's been a long wait, and there shouldn't be mistakes like this from MINI/BMW. I'll keep you guys updated, my MA is supposed to call me tomorrow...hopefully with good news.

Old 06-07-2012 | 01:03 AM
PMKNHD
4th Gear

The nicest thing was that he remembered my request for no front plate (CA is a front plate state)

(sorry its upside down, its right side up on my computer)

First of all, repaint the roof my ***. Wrong color means wrong car!
You ordered chili red with a black roof, not a chili red with a chili red roof repainted black. Let me think one moment......scratch on the roof means chili red showing through, I don't think so.
Second, check the VIN to make sure it matches your order.
Third, take pictures with the hood/bonnet open and your order next to the VIN stamped on the left strut tower and make damn sure they know your doing it.

Contact these people and let them know whats happened and ask what can be done. Getting something other then what you ordered is unacceptable.

In the least they should be able to point you in the right direction.

BMW of North America, LLC
300 Chestnut Ridge Road
Woodcliff Lake, NJ 07677-7731

Customer Relations:
1-800-831-1117
customerrelations@bmwusa.com

Old 06-07-2012 | 01:06 AM
PMKNHD
4th Gear
Almost forgot.
Go to the owners lounge and look at your order details.
That should have your VIN and your colors.
Take a screen shot of it with either a snipping tool or with a camera.

Old 06-07-2012 | 01:18 AM
PMKNHD
4th Gear
Originally Posted by Mcptpv155
I bet the white roof would look good too. But I think the Black Roof really sets off the Spice Orange.

I love seeing everyone get their MINI's. Everytime someone shows a picture of theirs, I find myself going "Ooh I should have gotten that color or Ooh I should have gotten those wheels" I wonder if anyone has ever configured themselves insane?
That would be me!!!
I wanted Laguna Green, configured it so many different ways. Color discontinued on clubmans.
Ok, I can handle that.
Wanted Laser Blue, configured it so many different ways. Color discontinued on clubmans.
Then to my surprise they came up with the Spice Orange. I'm too happy with the fact the other colors were discontinued.
By the way, configured it so many different ways and it's now in the garage!

Old 06-07-2012 | 03:57 AM
DrewN
6th Gear

When I first saw that photo I was thinking "sweet, all red, you don't see that every day -- it looks awesome ", but then I read the rest of your post .

Seriously, if your build on the OL and the write ups from your MA indicate black roof and wheels then it's pretty obvious they have no legs to stand on. It's a shame though you have to wait for the respray if that's the way you want to go. If you can, try and make lemonade here -- maybe get some $$ taken off the price, a free extended warranty or maintenance plan. In the end it will be worth the additional wait (it's a MINI and you will be owning it after all), but you're definitely owed something here for not getting what you ordered, and having to wait a little bit longer. GL!!

(personally I would have asked the dealer to put some white viper stripes front to back, perhaps get something else from the dealer to sweeten the deal and taken that MINI home. I used the think a contrasting roof on a MINI was mandatory, but the more I see MINIs on the road the more monotone MINIs stand out to me. I was actually planning on a SO/SO with black viper stripes before ending up with MB/MB. BUT that's just me, haha)

Old 06-07-2012 | 04:00 AM
12 JCW
2nd Gear

I would not take delivery of the car and have them re-order it. I should have done the same when the factory put the wrong (old style) Aero Kit side skirts instead of the JCW Aero Kit side skirts. Now there is a mismatch between the front/back bumpers (that have the correct JCW aero kit) and the side skirts (from the old 2009 style aero kit). I took delivery and am still trying to get the dealer to correct the problem. I'm also waiting to see the 2 others on this site that should get their Clubman JCWs and compare what may actually be a "new" factory build.

Anyway, if you have another car to use, I would have them re-order; or at a minimum, if you are okay with the roof repainted, telling them to re-order will probably get them to compromise and offer to repaint for free.

Quick Reply: "Those Waiting for a 2012" Support Group