1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"Those Waiting for a 2012" Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2012, 04:59 AM
pdoel
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Estimated completion date, 6/18!

Old 06-07-2012, 05:28 AM
fatboy97
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by kanakaboy92
So, I got an email from my MA today with a picture of my car that just arrived.
I was really excited to see it, so I immediately opened up the email to see what she looks like

I ordered a Chili Red/Black JCW Hardtop, so boy was I shocked to see this!

The nicest thing was that he remembered my request for no front plate (CA is a front plate state)

(sorry its upside down, its right side up on my computer)

When I went to see him after I saw the email, they made it seem like it was my responsibility to pay the $1500 to repaint the roof black!! My order clearly says black roof and mirrors, and black wheels.

Does anyone know what I should do about the roof being the wrong color?
I don't think I should have to pay out of pocket for something MINI screwed up on. I've waited almost 12 weeks for the car, and am getting impatient.
Personally, if it was me I would talk to the Manager of the Dealership first... and refuse to take delivery since that is clearly not your vehicle. They can either fix everything at their cost, or order you a new one that is everything you ordered.

I hope you did have the paperwork that shows what you ordered with all the options and colors.

Old 06-07-2012, 05:51 AM
MargoWilliams
Neutral
Waited about 8.5 weeks to get my custom 2012 Coupe, but it was worth the wait. I had two minis before--convertibles in 2006 and 2009. Thought those were great, but this new one is an S with the technology package and it handles like a dream. This is my first post on this forum and I am wondering if anyone knows more about participants meeting and motoring to weekend destinations in NC?

Old 06-07-2012, 07:29 AM
PMKNHD
4th Gear
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by DrewN
I was actually planning on a SO/SO with black viper stripes before ending up with MB/MB. BUT that's just me, haha)
One of my configurations was to have SO/SO Black Viper Stripes Black C-piller and a Black JCW Spoiler. I pasted everything together in Gimp and it looked like the Black C-Piller was coming through the roof. Trust me it looked awesome. I liked the contrasting roof so went that route but this might give someone else an idea for theirs.

Old 06-07-2012, 07:33 AM
PMKNHD
4th Gear
Originally Posted by pdoel
Estimated completion date, 6/18!
Congratulations pdoel, I hope the time goes fast for you.
In the meantime have somewhile you wait.

Old 06-07-2012, 07:37 AM
PMKNHD
4th Gear
Originally Posted by MargoWilliams
Waited about 8.5 weeks to get my custom 2012 Coupe, but it was worth the wait. I had two minis before--convertibles in 2006 and 2009. Thought those were great, but this new one is an S with the technology package and it handles like a dream. This is my first post on this forum and I am wondering if anyone knows more about participants meeting and motoring to weekend destinations in NC?
Welcome to the forum, good people here.
I don't know of anything personally but you can check the club section or even google search MINI Cooper Clubs in North Carolina. If there is any and I'm sure there's a few they will come up in the search. GL

Old 06-07-2012, 07:38 AM
kel3q3
2nd Gear
In transit?

Can anyone tell me what the status of their MINI was when ASKMINI said "Your vehicle is in transit?" The OL still says "Awaiting Transport," but I know it can behind. I'm wondering if my MINI is on a boat or still waiting at the port, and I can't get any help from my MA :( It doesn't show up as being on a WW ship, so I figure it's still waiting at the port or it's on the K-line.

Old 06-07-2012, 07:44 AM
capicuuu
1st Gear
Hi all, just jumping in to help pass the time as Turandot makes it's way across the atlantic with my Surf Blue Countryman S

It's so hard not to call ask-mini at least 5 times a day to keep track. At least I know it's on a boat. Can't wait to see the boat in port (I drive by the JC/Bayonne ports every day) and know that I am one step closer to getting my car.

Old 06-07-2012, 07:45 AM
capicuuu
1st Gear
Originally Posted by kel3q3
Can anyone tell me what the status of their MINI was when ASKMINI said "Your vehicle is in transit?" The OL still says "Awaiting Transport," but I know it can behind. I'm wondering if my MINI is on a boat or still waiting at the port, and I can't get any help from my MA :( It doesn't show up as being on a WW ship, so I figure it's still waiting at the port or it's on the K-line.
Mine said awaiting transport for 3 full days before it switched. By then it was almost in Southhampton (Countryman) getting ready to pick up some more minis. If you call, does it say at port waiting for vessel or still says being transported to port?

Old 06-07-2012, 07:52 AM
PMKNHD
4th Gear
Originally Posted by capicuuu
Hi all, just jumping in to help pass the time as Turandot makes it's way across the atlantic with my Surf Blue Countryman S

It's so hard not to call ask-mini at least 5 times a day to keep track. At least I know it's on a boat. Can't wait to see the boat in port (I drive by the JC/Bayonne ports every day) and know that I am one step closer to getting my car.
Congratulations on your Countryman S.
As an FYI, ask-mini usually can't give you an update after transport to the port of exit. You need to get updates from your MA after that point. You can track your MINI on the marinetraffic.com website.

Old 06-07-2012, 07:58 AM
kel3q3
2nd Gear
Mine said awaiting transport for 3 full days before it switched. By then it was almost in Southhampton (Countryman) getting ready to pick up some more minis. If you call, does it say at port waiting for vessel or still says being transported to port?
Thanks, I know that a ship left Southhampton on Monday, so maybe it is on that boat... I'll have to check and see what line that was. It must have been the K-line since my VIN doesn't pull for the WW line.

ASKMINI (a person) did confirm that my MINI made it to the port. Now the automated system just says "In Transit," and before that it was telling me that my MINI was "being transported to the port" or something to that affect. So I'm hoping that means it's in transit on the ship. Hopefully the OL will confirm that soon.

I better get back to work :(

Last edited by kel3q3; 06-07-2012 at 07:59 AM. Reason: correcting typos
Old 06-07-2012, 08:00 AM
capicuuu
1st Gear
Originally Posted by PMKNHD
Congratulations on your Countryman S.
As an FYI, ask-mini usually can't give you an update after transport to the port of exit. You need to get updates from your MA after that point. You can track your MINI on the marinetraffic.com website.
Thanks, i'm anxious to drive it. Almost took my friend's Cooper S for a drive to hold me for a couple of weeks.

BTW, Marinetraffic is my friend. The ship is in the atlantic now as marinetraffic.com lost track of the boat just off of England. Waiting for it to show up somewhere near halifax on the 12th. Will keep updating as a way to share the excitment

Old 06-07-2012, 08:03 AM
PMKNHD
4th Gear
Thanks, I know that a ship left Southhampton on Monday, so maybe it is on that boat... I'll have to check and see what line that was. It must have been the K-line since my VIN doesn't pull for the WW line.

ASKMINI (a person) did confirm that my MINI made it to the port. Now the automated system just says "In Transit," and before that it was telling me that my MINI was "being transported to the port" or something to that affect. So I'm hoping that means it's in transit on the ship. Hopefully the OL will confirm that soon.

I better get back to work :(
Don't go by the OL, it can be up to a week behind!

Old 06-07-2012, 08:17 AM
PMKNHD
4th Gear
Thanks, i'm anxious to drive it. Almost took my friend's Cooper S for a drive to hold me for a couple of weeks.

BTW, Marinetraffic is my friend. The ship is in the atlantic now as marinetraffic.com lost track of the boat just off of England. Waiting for it to show up somewhere near halifax on the 12th. Will keep updating as a way to share the excitment
Try tracking by ship name at this site Sailwx.info they get their information from various Ocean based sources and can give information on out of radar range vessels as long as they are reporting their location (LAT/LONG) again the ship will be found only as long as their position is being reported. G/L

Thank you fatboy97 for the Sailwx.info link!

Old 06-07-2012, 09:48 AM
Rejeme
2nd Gear
On is way!

Just got off the phone with the automated Mini tracker. It says that "Roach" is finally in transit after sitting on the docks since May 24th. I can not pull up any tracking info via WW, so I assume it must be on a K-Line vessel. I have no idea which port its heading to, but my research tells me that Texas cars enter through Charleston VDC. The only K-Line vessel that has left Southampton recently that is headed for Charleston is the California Highway. Problem is that that ship sailed on the 2nd and is due to arrive on the 15th. Could the automated OL be that far behind. Another guess is the Euphrates Highway, but that left yesterday for Brunswick. I guess it could also be on some other contracted K-Line vessel. Any ideas?

Old 06-07-2012, 10:04 AM
Miker2k
1st Gear
Originally Posted by Rejeme
Just got off the phone with the automated Mini tracker. It says that "Roach" is finally in transit after sitting on the docks since May 24th. I can not pull up any tracking info via WW, so I assume it must be on a K-Line vessel. I have no idea which port its heading to, but my research tells me that Texas cars enter through Charleston VDC. The only K-Line vessel that has left Southampton recently that is headed for Charleston is the California Highway. Problem is that that ship sailed on the 2nd and is due to arrive on the 15th. Could the automated OL be that far behind. Another guess is the Euphrates Highway, but that left yesterday for Brunswick. I guess it could also be on some other contracted K-Line vessel. Any ideas?
It can also take a couple days for it to show on the WW site so don't give up hope. I had no results there until the ship had already left. Then the booked, received, and loaded all showed up one day.

Last edited by Miker2k; 06-07-2012 at 10:24 AM.
Old 06-07-2012, 10:05 AM
kel3q3
2nd Gear
I believe our MINIs are in limbo together. I'm having the same issues.

Old 06-07-2012, 10:16 AM
kanakaboy92
2nd Gear
A quick update on my paint issue...

just got an email from my MA:

Here’s an update on your vehicle:

I’ve scheduled with our paint shop to have the roof and mirror caps painted. The job will only be done by Monday, 06/11. Once that is done, we will bring the vehicle back and finish the PDI (pre-delivery inspection) and swap wheels and install the driving lights on it.

I’m assuming we could have it done by late Tuesday, or sometime Wednesday. I’m taking the car out to the paint shop before 11:00 am today.

I will keep you posted.

Now I gotta call my clear bra guy to see if he can do it Wednesday morning instead of Monday morning. Part of me just wants to not get a clear bra. But I sometimes drive I-5 in CA through the valley and...and lets just say my MINI gets VERY familiar with bugs. So, I should probably go forward with the clear bra.

Old 06-07-2012, 10:22 AM
pdoel
3rd Gear
Now I gotta call my clear bra guy to see if he can do it Wednesday morning instead of Monday morning. Part of me just wants to not get a clear bra. But I sometimes drive I-5 in CA through the valley and...and lets just say my MINI gets VERY familiar with bugs. So, I should probably go forward with the clear bra.
Definitely get the clear bra. Unless you're standing right next to the car and see the line where it ends, you can't even tell it's there. I got one right after getting my A3, and after 5 years, I don't have a single chip / scratch / mark on the front end.

Compare that to my New Beetle, which doesn't have a clear bra, and the difference is remarkable.

Old 06-07-2012, 10:23 AM
Rejeme
2nd Gear
A quick update on my paint issue...

just got an email from my MA:

Here’s an update on your vehicle:

I’ve scheduled with our paint shop to have the roof and mirror caps painted. The job will only be done by Monday, 06/11. Once that is done, we will bring the vehicle back and finish the PDI (pre-delivery inspection) and swap wheels and install the driving lights on it.

I’m assuming we could have it done by late Tuesday, or sometime Wednesday. I’m taking the car out to the paint shop before 11:00 am today.

I will keep you posted.

So I take it they admitted it was their screw up and not yours? I hope they were apologetic.

Old 06-07-2012, 10:27 AM
kanakaboy92
2nd Gear
I will most likely still be getting the clear bra, the only issue is I don't know if the place will have a new opening for wednesday morning (we were scheduled for monday)

They didn't officially admit it was their screw up, but now that they're sending it to the paint shop, I'll let them know when I take delivery that I am NOT paying for the paint job.

Old 06-07-2012, 10:32 AM
smithtammy
Neutral
Just checked on my Ice Blue Convertible and it is finished and has been handed over to the carrier and headed to the port of exit. Hope it makes the ship soon, see one leaving 6/9 and arriving Brunswick, Ga on 6/23 and another leaving 6/10 and arriving 6/22 ( leave a date later and get her a day sooner, hope I make this one). I just hope he does not sit on the docks for long. The next ship is 6/17 and arrives 7/1 which is a Sunday and just in time for the 4th of July holiday week. Can't wait to have the keys in my hand!!

Still gotta name the little guy/girl!

Tammy

Old 06-07-2012, 10:51 AM
fatboy97
3rd Gear
Something else to do... circle back with your MA... sometimes it takes them a little while, but they should have a date for when your MINI is due into a VDC, which then in my case matched up with the ship I knew my MINI was onboard.

Old 06-07-2012, 11:20 AM
Rejeme
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by fatboy97
Something else to do... circle back with your MA... sometimes it takes them a little while, but they should have a date for when your MINI is due into a VDC, which then in my case matched up with the ship I knew my MINI was onboard.
I would but my MA has no clue, and doesn't seem inclined to try to find out. I'm just glad it's finally on something that floats.

Old 06-07-2012, 12:00 PM
Rejeme
2nd Gear
I believe our MINIs are in limbo together. I'm having the same issues.
Hang in there. The good thing is that I haven't felt this much anticipation since I was a kid waiting for summer break.

Quick Reply: "Those Waiting for a 2012" Support Group