1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"Those Waiting for a 2012" Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2012, 08:51 AM
TELY
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by fatboy97
I just looked at http://www.marinetraffic.com and found the California Highway in Baltimore... looks like it was dropping off some other vehicles and crossing the bay to the other side to drop off the MINI's, which might take another at least one full day if history holds true.
So, my transit info says California HWY, Voyage 19-A is supposed to go to PO BU, which is Brunswick, GA. It does drop offs in Baltimore and then heads to Georgia?

fatboy97
3rd Gear
My Little Blue Meanie is in getting tinted windows today... so they gave me a light green Justa Cooper Hardtop.... interesting driving a Justa, but it's so new it doesn't even have plates yet... HK stereo and a sun roof makes it an enjoyable drive though.

PMKNHD
4th Gear
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by TELY
Der bu der bu derpity der!

Old 06-11-2012, 08:53 AM
PMKNHD
4th Gear
Originally Posted by ALL4JOE
Ha! We can't all drive pumpkinheads!

Old 06-11-2012, 08:56 AM
fatboy97
3rd Gear
So, my transit info says California HWY, Voyage 19-A is supposed to go to PO BU, which is Brunswick, GA. It does drop offs in Baltimore and then heads to Georgia?
KLine schedule from https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...d-updated.html says the California HWY is scheduled for Baltimore on 11Jun, Brunswich on 13Jun, and Charleston on 15Jun.

Old 06-11-2012, 08:59 AM
PMKNHD
4th Gear
My Little Blue Meanie is in getting tinted windows today... so they gave me a light green Justa Cooper Hardtop.... interesting driving a Justa, but it's so new it doesn't even have plates yet... HK stereo and a sun roof makes it an enjoyable drive though.
What level of tint are you going with?
I wound up getting the sun screens for the time being, at least they cut down some sunlight while parked. They look better then I thought they would but still can't compare to actual tinting.

Old 06-11-2012, 09:06 AM
TELY
3rd Gear
KLine schedule from https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...d-updated.html says the California HWY is scheduled for Baltimore on 11Jun, Brunswich on 13Jun, and Charleston on 15Jun.
Thanks! I just registered on Marinetraffic.com so now I will get notifications! Oh....the anticipation!!

Old 06-11-2012, 09:07 AM
fatboy97
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by PMKNHD
What level of tint are you going with?
I wound up getting the sun screens for the time being, at least they cut down some sunlight while parked. They look better then I thought they would but still can't compare to actual tinting.
I don't remember the exact number, but it is the state legal limit... and put on by the dealership. I'll have to get some new pictures when it's done.

Old 06-11-2012, 09:07 AM
TELY
3rd Gear
Der bu der bu derpity der!
Just singing my time away!

Old 06-11-2012, 09:29 AM
PMKNHD
4th Gear
I don't remember the exact number, but it is the state legal limit... and put on by the dealership. I'll have to get some new pictures when it's done.
The Blue Meanie is going to look fantastic with tint regardless of level!
Here have some more of this while you wait -
Yes, I had to go there!

Old 06-11-2012, 11:49 AM
ALL4JOE
2nd Gear
Awesome ALL4JOE!!!
Your wait is finally over and we can assume some pictures will follow a much deserved evening of adding miles.

Count on it!

Old 06-11-2012, 12:15 PM
kel3q3
2nd Gear
Do you have any more info on California HWY? This waiting is so hard!!
As I think someone else stated, it looks like the California HWY made it to Baltimore. And according to the schedule it will reach Brunswick, GA on the 13th (where it will drop off my MINI, I assume), and then on to Charlotte.

Yes, the waiting is hard. I don't like making such a big purchase without more concrete details. I'm still working on my assumptions here since my MA hasn't been very helpful, so I sure hope I'm right!!!

Old 06-11-2012, 01:32 PM
ALL4JOE
2nd Gear
Ooooooh my! 40 minutes till I blow this popsicle stand!

Old 06-11-2012, 01:49 PM
TELY
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by ALL4JOE
Ooooooh my! 40 minutes till I blow this popsicle stand!

Old 06-11-2012, 02:38 PM
moto333
Neutral
I am waiting for my 2012 JustaCooper....it arrived in Baltimore yesterday via freightliner COURAGE. I am so excited! Hopefully I will take delivery by the weekend. It doesn't have to travel far (MINI of Baltimore) lol.

Old 06-11-2012, 02:47 PM
Rejeme
2nd Gear
TELY, could you post when your Cooper is showing up as being at the VDC via the owners lounge. My guess is the OL is going to be a few days behind. Mines on the California Highway but getting off in Charleston on Friday.

Old 06-11-2012, 02:52 PM
TELY
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by Rejeme
TELY, could you post when your Cooper is showing up as being at the VDC via the owners lounge. My guess is the OL is going to be a few days behind. Mines on the California Highway but getting off in Charleston on Friday.
sure thing!!!

Old 06-11-2012, 04:33 PM
MiniMama2012
Neutral
Well I think this might be the best place to unleash my not so mini woes...I "ordered" my mini on 5/29. So I get it not sooo long ago but none the less I have woes. I've gathered that the mini owners lounge sucks at giving up to date info and so does the mini hotline but isn't my sales associate supposed to know a lil something??? I asked him on 5/29 to please get me my vin as soon as possible (thinking that having the vin was the only possible way to track my baby)...he said "ABSOLUTELY"! Well he called TODAY to give it to me...thank the mini gods for forums like this because I've been tracking her. Today's conversation went something like this:
me: so my mini is stuck in "scheduled for production" on the mini owner lounge
SA: well its in production
me: Cool! when did it start?
SA: well I don't have that information. I cant tell you when like a door went on and stuff like that. It's in production and yeah that's it.
(he said it just like that! I wanted to jump through the phone and ring his neck.)
me: wow really? That is ALL the information you have?? I find that a little hard to believe when every Internet site...owners lounger...and hotline tell me other wise. Call me when you have anything new to share. Click.
Now I'm frustrated and I feel lost without knowing if my mini has moved on from just being "in production". O and the hotline says that completion date is 6/14. I just want to enjoy knowing the steps shes taking :( Am I nuts???? I feel nuts???? This is soooo not me...I'm composed....I'm level headed but ever since I picked her out I've lost touch. Am I the only one? Does anyone else have an SA who's an *** and worthless when it comes to information offered? I see from browsing forums that future mini owners are privy to info like when their mini's going into body shop and getting painted and all the other stuff I wanna know that stuff too! Lol
Why doesn't my SA know this information? Or is he as I suspect too lazy to actually give me that info? Help :(

Old 06-11-2012, 04:47 PM
pdoel
3rd Gear
No offense, but sounds like you're being a bit impatient. Have you tried calling ask-mini and speaking to a rep, rather than just going through the automated system? They can tell you when it went into production, when it goes for paint, etc.

I ordered on the 2nd, mine went into production on the 6th, and I have an estimated completion date of the 18th.

If you read the "how to track your mini" thread, there's lots of good info in there. Sounds like the first 5 days or so, they just gather all the parts for your Mini, before they begin assembly. Assembly only takes about a day, then paint, then final assembly. Your SA, as well as the Ask-mini folks probably can't tell you those first 5-6 days anything new. The status probably won't change until it goes in for paint, so what your SA said is accurate. And you just need to realize that until it goes for paint, you probably won't have any other update.

Mini actually offers so much more info than any other manufacturer I've ever ordered a car from. Just the fact that you ordered 12 days ago, know that it's already in production. And has an estimated completion dat of the 14th is awesome. I don't see why that's causing you woe.

Old 06-11-2012, 04:49 PM
Rejeme
2nd Gear
Don't fret MiniMama2012, your not the only one. My MA doesn't have a clue and doesn't seem interested in finding out either. My only hope and help was NAM, which has been great. On the plus side, I've never learned so much about international vessel trade routes and cargo shipping.

Old 06-11-2012, 05:00 PM
k_h_d
6th Gear
My thoughts are to be a little more patient. I placed my order on April 28th and it did not go into production until the end of May. No idea what took so long but it finally went into production and now is scheduled to be in port on the 19th of June. I just hope it does not sit at port and makes it to the dealer for a June 23rd delivery. More than likely we are looking at the next weekend of June 30th.

Old 06-11-2012, 06:07 PM
PMKNHD
4th Gear
Originally Posted by moto333
I am waiting for my 2012 JustaCooper....it arrived in Baltimore yesterday via freightliner COURAGE. I am so excited! Hopefully I will take delivery by the weekend. It doesn't have to travel far (MINI of Baltimore) lol.
Are you going to the port to watch it be unloaded?

Old 06-11-2012, 06:13 PM
PMKNHD
4th Gear
Originally Posted by MiniMama2012
Well I think this might be the best place to unleash my not so mini woes...I "ordered" my mini on 5/29. So I get it not sooo long ago but none the less I have woes. I've gathered that the mini owners lounge sucks at giving up to date info and so does the mini hotline but isn't my sales associate supposed to know a lil something??? I asked him on 5/29 to please get me my vin as soon as possible (thinking that having the vin was the only possible way to track my baby)...he said "ABSOLUTELY"! Well he called TODAY to give it to me...thank the mini gods for forums like this because I've been tracking her. Today's conversation went something like this:
me: so my mini is stuck in "scheduled for production" on the mini owner lounge
SA: well its in production
me: Cool! when did it start?
SA: well I don't have that information. I cant tell you when like a door went on and stuff like that. It's in production and yeah that's it.
(he said it just like that! I wanted to jump through the phone and ring his neck.)
me: wow really? That is ALL the information you have?? I find that a little hard to believe when every Internet site...owners lounger...and hotline tell me other wise. Call me when you have anything new to share. Click.
Now I'm frustrated and I feel lost without knowing if my mini has moved on from just being "in production". O and the hotline says that completion date is 6/14. I just want to enjoy knowing the steps shes taking :( Am I nuts???? I feel nuts???? This is soooo not me...I'm composed....I'm level headed but ever since I picked her out I've lost touch. Am I the only one? Does anyone else have an SA who's an *** and worthless when it comes to information offered? I see from browsing forums that future mini owners are privy to info like when their mini's going into body shop and getting painted and all the other stuff I wanna know that stuff too! Lol
Why doesn't my SA know this information? Or is he as I suspect too lazy to actually give me that info? Help :(
Call the ASK-MINI number and call it often, some operators are more then willing to find out all they can for you while others surely are not.

Old 06-11-2012, 06:49 PM
ALL4JOE
2nd Gear
LET'S MOTOR!

Old 06-11-2012, 06:55 PM
Card
2nd Gear
MiniMama2012 – To completely feel your pain. My MA has been great, but I am completely obsessed with tracking everything. Very bad case of MTF. After sitting in “On Order” mode in the OL for what seemed like forever (but was actually less than 2 weeks) it finally moved to “Scheduled for Production.” ASK-MINI has informed me that it is officially in production with a scheduled completion date of 6/15. I am dying to see/hear that she is in the paint shop or something new and different. I assume that field will appear somewhere in the OL soon. Every little update helps - though I am sure my friends would think differently. Like others mentioned, I would suggest talking directly to a rep at ASK-MINI. Even though they haven’t told me anything the automated service already had, they have been very kind and understanding. I can only image what sort of training they have to go through.

Just be happy that you are on the east coast. Once “Pippa” catches the ship I still have another month before she makes it to my dealer. I just hope she makes the 6/24 ship – a whole new schedule to obsess about.

Hang in there!

ALL4JOE - Looks Fabulous! Loving everyone's "baby" pictures!

Quick Reply: "Those Waiting for a 2012" Support Group