1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"Those Waiting for a 2012" Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2012, 12:52 PM
fatboy97
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Btwyx
That's weird. Sailwx says the ship (Faust) has now left Port hueneme, but ASK MINI now says his status is "at the port awaiting transport". That's what you usually get at Southhampton waiting for a ship. I hope it means waiting for a truck to the dealer.
ASK-MINI to totally useless after your MINI leaves the production line.

OL (Owner's Lounge) is at least a little better, but will still be a couple days behind what might be happening to your MINI... at least as far as tracking your MINI, but it was very close on the Estimated Delivery Date to my dealership.

Old 06-13-2012, 03:13 PM
TELY
3rd Gear
California HWY is headed towards the Brunswick port!!!

Old 06-13-2012, 03:49 PM
NinjaTurtle
3rd Gear
Sent my MA a note today asking what's up, and he actually got back to me to let me know that my Mini is on board the ship. It would have been nice if he had contacted me first with this information, since it has been 3 days, but at least I know for sure that he's on his way. Nothing more to do than

Last edited by NinjaTurtle; 06-13-2012 at 04:24 PM.
Old 06-13-2012, 03:59 PM
kel3q3
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by TELY
Yeah, I just saw that! Hooray! Hopefully the OL won't take too long to update once it's at the VDC. I want to KNOW that my MINI made it over (still working off of my assumptions here with the boat)!

When I was asking my MA about what shipping line my MINI was on, he just gave me the name of the trucking company that will bring it to the dealership--Metrogistics. That's when I decided to just stop asking him questions. But that little piece of information may come in handy soon, because it looks like I will be able track my MINI on their website once it's on the truck.

Old 06-13-2012, 04:07 PM
NinjaTurtle
3rd Gear
You're almost there!

Old 06-13-2012, 04:18 PM
PMKNHD
4th Gear
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Hmmmmm....looks like Cali HWY is just floating out there....waiting to dock at 5:30. Maybe he already dropped off the MINIs and is heading out? I can't tell...

How long are the MINIs usually at the VDC before heading to the dealer?
How long aMINI is at the VDC depends on a number of things such as how many are there at one time, the order they go through, if there is any repairs to be done or as was my case some of the JCW options I ordered for Pumpkinhead were installed there. Mine for one was there for some time.
19 days to get to the dealer to be exact.

Last edited by PMKNHD; 06-13-2012 at 04:30 PM.
Old 06-13-2012, 04:38 PM
PMKNHD
4th Gear
Originally Posted by kel3q3
Yeah, I just saw that! Hooray! Hopefully the OL won't take too long to update once it's at the VDC. I want to KNOW that my MINI made it over (still working off of my assumptions here with the boat)!

When I was asking my MA about what shipping line my MINI was on, he just gave me the name of the trucking company that will bring it to the dealership--Metrogistics. That's when I decided to just stop asking him questions. But that little piece of information may come in handy soon, because it looks like I will be able track my MINI on their website once it's on the truck.
What are you going to track the truck for?
It's only 5 minutes to the dealership! J/K

Old 06-13-2012, 04:39 PM
PMKNHD
4th Gear
Originally Posted by NinjaTurtle
Sent my MA a note today asking what's up, and he actually got back to me to let me know that my Mini is on board the ship. It would have been nice if he had contacted me first with this information, since it has been 3 days, but at least I know for sure that he's on his way. Nothing more to do than
Yeah, but it's good

Old 06-13-2012, 04:46 PM
PMKNHD
4th Gear
Washed and RainXed my windows and sunroof today......man that's a lot of glass.

Old 06-13-2012, 05:45 PM
DooBahDoo
6th Gear
Does anyone know if MV California Highway off-loaded at Brunswick today?

Old 06-13-2012, 06:24 PM
TELY
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by PMKNHD
How long aMINI is at the VDC depends on a number of things such as how many are there at one time, the order they go through, if there is any repairs to be done or as was my case some of the JCW options I ordered for Pumpkinhead were installed there. Mine for one was there for some time.
19 days to get to the dealer to be exact.
19 days!

Old 06-13-2012, 06:25 PM
kel3q3
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by PMKNHD
What are you going to track the truck for?
It's only 5 minutes to the dealership! J/K
Come on PMKNHD, you know you stalked your car at least as bad as anyone else here!

I doubt I'll get many updates from my MA, so I'll just keep tracking it however I can. I'm wondering how many stops the truck will have to make between Brunswick and Birmingham, AL... I'm sure there will be a long stop in Atlanta.

Old 06-13-2012, 06:26 PM
TELY
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by DooBahDoo
Go to Marinetraffic.com and type in California Highway for the vessel. It is showing it at port in Brunswick! Hip Hip!!!

Old 06-13-2012, 06:27 PM
kel3q3
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by DooBahDoo
Looks like it's anchored in the bay, not sure if it's off-loaded yet.
http://www.marinetraffic.com/ais/def...0&type_color=7
(don't know if that link will work)

Old 06-13-2012, 06:28 PM
TELY
3rd Gear
Here's the Cali HWY!

Attached Thumbnails "Those Waiting for a 2012" Support Group-brunswick-and-cali-hwy.jpg  
Old 06-13-2012, 06:29 PM
DooBahDoo
6th Gear
It showed up 27 KM out this morning and then while I was busy at work (like that was more important) it went out of range so I wasn't sure if it off-loaded. I see it's back in range now. Cool...thanks.

Old 06-13-2012, 06:30 PM
kel3q3
2nd Gear
Here's the Cali HWY!
So is that a live shot?

Ugh, I said I wasn't going to do this, and here I am watching my MINI get off the boat... so sad. No one is here right now to see me, so I just won't tell anyone

Old 06-13-2012, 06:35 PM
kel3q3
2nd Gear
So is that a live shot?

Ugh, I said I wasn't going to do this, and here I am watching my MINI get off the boat... so sad. No one is here right now to see me, so I just won't tell anyone
Nevermind... I answered my own question... that's just the shot from the last image made by Google. There are shadows indicating sun, not 9:30 pm

Ooo... husband is home... he will make so much fun of me...

Old 06-13-2012, 06:40 PM
TELY
3rd Gear
Nevermind... I answered my own question... that's just the shot from the last image made by Google. There are shadows indicating sun, not 9:30 pm

Ooo... husband is home... he will make so much fun of me...
My hubby laughs at me too....but he's into it a little, even though he won't admit it. He told me the other day he was going to drive my MINI to work so he could show "the guys". I told him I would be glad to drive my MINI over at lunch time for a quick show and tell.

Old 06-13-2012, 07:01 PM
PMKNHD
4th Gear
So is that a live shot?

I know nothing.......NOTHING!

PS. I tracked Pumpkinhead to the point he called the cops on me for stalking.

Old 06-13-2012, 07:06 PM
PMKNHD
4th Gear
My hubby laughs at me too....but he's into it a little, even though he won't admit it. He told me the other day he was going to drive my MINI to work so he could show "the guys". I told him I would be glad to drive my MINI over at lunch time for a quick show and tell.
Right-on! That's telling him.
Wait a minute, I'm a guy and should be on his side. THAT'S JUST NOT RIGHT, LET HIM TAKE IT FOR SHOW AND TELL.

Old 06-13-2012, 07:36 PM
kel3q3
2nd Gear
Ha! I love it! I'll probably have to do the same.

Mine has helped me look at some aftermarket wheels and tires, and I think he enjoyed teaching me what 205/45/17 means. Secretly, they love it when their women show interest in, and can talk about "guy stuff."

Old 06-14-2012, 08:12 AM
charliesheena
1st Gear
Oh my god

Why has my Mini been in "scheduled for production" for almost over a week? I'm going insane!!! they said that it was going to be ready by the last week of June first week of July at the latest but it seems like theres no way that's going to happen. Also, the mini rep on the phone totally just called me out for calling there everyday to track it

Old 06-14-2012, 08:17 AM
fatboy97
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by charliesheena
Why has my Mini been in "scheduled for production" for almost over a week? I'm going insane!!! they said that it was going to be ready by the last week of June first week of July at the latest but it seems like theres no way that's going to happen. Also, the mini rep on the phone totally just called me out for calling there everyday to track it
ASK-MINI is only as good as the person that answers the phone and they are not created equal... there are some that can look and tell you when it's should start production and give you when it should be done (a real date), and some that will not tell you anything.

The first one I called actually told me when it was coming off the assembly line... the next day I asked again about that date and they said they did not know when it would be done.

Did you check with your MA to see if he/she knew anything about the expected birthday?

Old 06-14-2012, 08:23 AM
charliesheena
1st Gear
Originally Posted by fatboy97
ASK-MINI is only as good as the person that answers the phone and they are not created equal... there are some that can look and tell you when it's should start production and give you when it should be done (a real date), and some that will not tell you anything.

The first one I called actually told me when it was coming off the assembly line... the next day I asked again about that date and they said they did not know when it would be done.

Did you check with your MA to see if he/she knew anything about the expected birthday?
No. Actually, I will be in my dealership today to surrender my other Mini to them. I will have to pester them until I have answers. It was scheduled to begin the 23rd week which was last week but I don't know what the deal is. I'm so excited about it I can't stop dreaming about my Mini

Yesterday I had a great girl answer the phone with Mini services but today this guy was absurd. He was such an *******. Do you know what the average time it will stay in "scheduled for production?"

Quick Reply: "Those Waiting for a 2012" Support Group