1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"Those Waiting for a 2012" Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2012 | 02:28 PM
jacinf
2nd Gear
Ugg.. just got an email from my MA a little bit ago...

I guess there was some sort of management / leadership change at the VDC in Port Hueneme and my car won't be getting here this weekend.. and won't be here till next week!

Oh well.. I'll have to be patient. Looks like Wednesday.

Old 06-15-2012 | 09:17 PM
InVisib0L
4th Gear
Originally Posted by jacinf
Ugg.. just got an email from my MA a little bit ago...

I guess there was some sort of management / leadership change at the VDC in Port Hueneme and my car won't be getting here this weekend.. and won't be here till next week!

Oh well.. I'll have to be patient. Looks like Wednesday.
Wow, great timing to do a management change. At least be smart about it and do it during the downtime. I'm sure they have a schedule of when vessels will be arriving... Ugh, sorry man. Time will go by fast this weekend.

Old 06-15-2012 | 10:13 PM
MiniO
3rd Gear
Picked up my car last Saturday. Busy week with work so haven't had chance for nice long drive. Only 100 miles so far.
Here are a couple of pics. Will take more soon!

Old 06-15-2012 | 10:20 PM
MiniO
3rd Gear
here is other pic.

Attached Thumbnails "Those Waiting for a 2012" Support Group-521404_4111849351690_1087120904_n.jpg  
Old 06-15-2012 | 10:40 PM
Btwyx
6th Gear
I checked the Owner's Lounge today, it said expected delivery tomorrow (Saturday). So I emailed our MA, I'd been meaning to ask for an update. He's replied that the MINIs at the dealer and we can pick him up Sunday.

WooHoo!

Old 06-15-2012 | 11:04 PM
InVisib0L
4th Gear
Originally Posted by MiniO
here is other pic.
Wow, beautiful Bayswater!

Old 06-16-2012 | 12:17 AM
deejay_001
3rd Gear
here is other pic.
Very nice.

Old 06-16-2012 | 08:56 AM
jacinf
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Btwyx
I checked the Owner's Lounge today, it said expected delivery tomorrow (Saturday). So I emailed our MA, I'd been meaning to ask for an update. He's replied that the MINIs at the dealer and we can pick him up Sunday.

WooHoo!
You picking up from Stevens Creek?

Old 06-16-2012 | 12:07 PM
TELY
3rd Gear
Vdc!

The OL says my MINI is at the VDC. It unloaded on Wednesday the 13th.

Old 06-16-2012 | 02:08 PM
kel3q3
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by TELY
The OL says my MINI is at the VDC. It unloaded on Wednesday the 13th.
Exciting! And I'm just a couple days behind you.

Old 06-16-2012 | 02:23 PM
NinjaTurtle
3rd Gear
here is other pic.
Very nice!

Old 06-16-2012 | 03:08 PM
PMKNHD
4th Gear
Originally Posted by charliesheena
LOL I should call every day and ask for him. His name was Tim. My reaction to his attitude was like this..

Me: Tim have you ever spent $50,000 dollars on a car before?
Tim: No.
Me: Well, maybe if you weren't so rude to people you would get promoted and then you could buy a car that costs as much money as mine and then you will call the company every day to find out when it was made because you're really excited about your awesome car.
Tim: I'm sorry if I have upset you.
Me: Well I do find your behavior absolutely cantankerous so saying sorry isn't going to really make it better.

Then I said thanks for the info and I hung up. SMH
I would say you handled that well.

Old 06-16-2012 | 03:11 PM
PMKNHD
4th Gear
Picked up my car last Saturday. Busy week with work so haven't had chance for nice long drive. Only 100 miles so far.
Here are a couple of pics. Will take more soon!
Get a move on MiniO, I've put over 700 on Pumpkinhead already.

Old 06-16-2012 | 03:18 PM
PMKNHD
4th Gear
Originally Posted by pdoel
I have to say, my heart really goes out to the Ask-Mini phone operators. How'd you like to have a job where the same people call 5 times a day asking for information on a car that isn't going to change that quickly?

The ones who are really helpful probably just started. The ones like above have probably been there a few months and are about to blow their brains out. :D
They could always get a job flipping burgers. Then they could have a teenager telling them burger, burger with cheese, hold the pickle, hold the lettuce etc.... two thousand times a day. Almost forgot they would be doing that while standing for the whole day.
They should be happy to have such a cushy job.

Old 06-16-2012 | 03:34 PM
deejay_001
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by PMKNHD
They could always get a job flipping burgers. Then they could have a teenager telling them burger, burger with cheese, hold the pickle, hold the lettuce etc.... two thousand times a day. Almost forgot they would be doing that while standing for the whole day.
"Yeah I'd like a litre-a-cola!"

Old 06-16-2012 | 03:35 PM
pdoel
3rd Gear
Sure, they could be flipping burgers. But to be honest, whether someone is flipping burgers, pumping gas, or answering phones for a bunch of pretentious a-holes who think they're entitled, and want to get hourly updates on where their precious car is in the process, NO ONE deserves to be treated the way Charliesheena treated the person at Ask-Mini.

I can (and have) spent quite a bit of money on cars over the years. Doesn't give me the right to treat anyone like Charliesheena treated the person at Ask-mini.

Old 06-16-2012 | 03:37 PM
PMKNHD
4th Gear
Originally Posted by deejay_001
"Yeah I'd like a litre-a-cola!"
Naw, they would just say the keg needs to be changed and it may be on a boat somewhere.

Old 06-16-2012 | 03:39 PM
deejay_001
3rd Gear
Ohh look, OL finally switched me to En Route. Well guess what expletive, I've been EN ROUTE.

Old 06-16-2012 | 03:42 PM
deejay_001
3rd Gear
Naw, they would just say the keg needs to be changed and it may be on a boat somewhere.
Probably but your post reminded me of SuperTroopers.

Old 06-16-2012 | 03:45 PM
PMKNHD
4th Gear
Sure, they could be flipping burgers. But to be honest, whether someone is flipping burgers, pumping gas, or answering phones for a bunch of pretentious a-holes who think they're entitled, and want to get hourly updates on where their precious car is in the process, NO ONE deserves to be treated the way Charliesheena treated the person at Ask-Mini.

I can (and have) spent quite a bit of money on cars over the years. Doesn't give me the right to treat anyone like Charliesheena treated the person at Ask-mini.
You must be one of those people answering the phone for ask mini.
I dealt with good people there and some a-holes that have no right to treat people like he treated Charliesheena.

I repeat THAT IS THEIR JOB!!! If it wasn't for this bunch of pretentious a-holes they wouldn't have a job. And yes WE ARE ENTITLED!!

Before you start calling people here names you might want to check yourself.

Old 06-16-2012 | 03:47 PM
PMKNHD
4th Gear
Originally Posted by deejay_001
Probably but your post reminded me of SuperTroopers.

Old 06-16-2012 | 03:52 PM
pdoel
3rd Gear
You must be one of those people answering the phone for ask mini.
I dealt with good people there and some a-holes that have no right to treat people like he treated Charliesheena.

I repeat THAT IS THEIR JOB!!! If it wasn't for this bunch of pretentious a-holes they wouldn't have a job. And yes WE ARE ENTITLED!!

Before you start calling people here names you might want to check yourself.
Nope, I'm not one of the people who answer their phones. I'm someone who also have a car on order, and am patiently waiting it's arrival.

Sorry, but while it's nice that Mini offers all of these ways for us to track our cars, I have to say, for me, it's just a nice little feature. Is calling up and pointing out so some phone operator how much you can spend on a car, and making sure they realize they can't going to get your car here any faster?

The car will get here when it gets here. It's fun watching it move through the process, but that's not going to change anything. And being an *** to someone who's just there to answer questions serves no purpose for anyone.

And no, I don't care who you are, none of us are entitled. And I have to be honest, I don't hold any respect for people with entitlement issues. Look around, anytime you see someone acting like they're entitled, there's 50 people looking on thinking what a douche.

Old 06-16-2012 | 03:59 PM
PMKNHD
4th Gear
The status will show "scheduled for production" from the time a production date is set, all the way through to when production ends. So it showing that status for a week is normal. Keep in mind, it can take 8-12 days to actually build your Mini. So it will remain in that status all through that build time.

Mine started production on the 6th, just based on estimates, I'd think it should be going to paint today or tomorrow. I'm trying my best not to call ask-mini to speak to a rep until tomorrow. Figured I "should" get some sort of a decent update then.

I just hate when I call and they say, "Well, I see you called yesterday, what did they tell you?" :D
Sounds to me like you've done some calling of your own.
ASK-MINI is there for us to call, if it's every day so be it. That's why it's called ASK-MINI.
Calling and having someone tell you "the same as when you called yesterday" is rude and uncalled for.

Maybe you're not entitled but I was. I guess that makes me a douche, at least I'm clean and smell good.

Last edited by PMKNHD; 06-16-2012 at 04:10 PM.
Old 06-16-2012 | 04:10 PM
pdoel
3rd Gear
Sounds to me like you've done some calling of your own.
ASK-MINI is there for us to call, if it's every day so be it. That's why it's called ASK-MINI.
Calling and having someone tell you "the same as when you called yesterday" is rude and uncalled for.

Maybe you're not entitled but I was.
Of course I've called. But I've also doe my research to understand the process. I understand how long certain stages take, and know there's no point in calling every day. And even if I was so impatient and thought there was the slightest change something could change hourly by hour, is that going to get the car here faster? No.

And really, i don't see anything wrong with the answer the ask-mini rep gave, and it really depends on the tone. I've had them come on, look up my info, and say, "let's see, I see you called last a week ago, what status was your car in then? Yup, I'm seeing no changes since then, it's still just showing as in production.". Great, question answered. No need for me to treat them like crap and make sure they know I make more money than they do.

And again, you may think you're entitled, but I promise you, you're not. It's like respect. Respect has to be earned. Older people who think they can be cantankerous jackasses towards everyone and demand respect just because they're old? Sorry. Doesn't work for me. Neither does entitlement.

For every person who feels entitled, there are 100 more up the food chain who would disagree.

Old 06-16-2012 | 04:14 PM
deejay_001
3rd Gear
You two stop that meow. Let's not make this forum become personal attacks meow. This is a support forum full of mini stalkers, let's try to help them by telling them to keep doing it. Meow. Sorry, more SuperTrooper refereces.

Quick Reply: "Those Waiting for a 2012" Support Group