1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"Those Waiting for a 2012" Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2012 | 11:30 AM
deejay_001
3rd Gear
Wonder if Winston and Hawkling's stork is in view yet........ Nope. Should be close to Panama now.

Old 06-17-2012 | 11:45 AM
PMKNHD
4th Gear
Originally Posted by flanders621
Finally picked mine up yesterday and I'm loving it! In fact, I don't know what I'm doing on my computer right now, I should be motoring!
Congratulations!!

You've got that right, get out there and motor until your digits get numb.

Old 06-17-2012 | 11:53 AM
Flipper & Punkin
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by The Angry Pumkin
So now the 10 wks begin order for my 2013 Justa spice orange placed on Sat.
Congrats on your Justa; you'll be glad you got the SO (MINIUSA renderings don't do than color any justice). It'll be here before you know it; ours took 34 days (port of entry was Brunswick). Good luck!

Old 06-17-2012 | 12:06 PM
PMKNHD
4th Gear
Originally Posted by Flipper & Punkin
Hey all, finally got around to taking some pictures yesterday (and yes, wife and daughter finally decided Punkin is a she )... I'll provide a FLICKR link later; waiting on yahoo to approve my account.
I don't know, it kind of looks like Punkin has more cojones (can I say that) then Flipper but they do look good together.

Old 06-17-2012 | 12:10 PM
PMKNHD
4th Gear
Congrats on your order!
Now sit back and have somewhile you wait.

Old 06-17-2012 | 12:11 PM
PMKNHD
4th Gear
Originally Posted by kel3q3
My MINI is "officially" at the VDC! It doesn't say which one, but I'm pretty sure it arrived in Charleston on Friday. My expected delivery date is 6/22 I'll contact my MA on Monday and see if I can get a firm pick up date so that I can schedule my window tinting.
Way to go kel3q3, your almost to the finish line!

Old 06-17-2012 | 12:19 PM
PMKNHD
4th Gear
Congrats on your Justa; you'll be glad you got the SO (MINIUSA renderings don't do than color any justice). It'll be here before you know it; ours took 34 days (port of entry was Brunswick). Good luck!
I did most of my configuring at the MINIUK website, I don't know why but the configurator there is photo realistic.
In fact I made the Clubman in my signature bar by cut and pasting 2 different vehicles from their configurator (JCW Clubman and the Clubman S).
The configurator here is the states is like working with cartoons. I don't get it, ours should be the same as in the UK. It just might just sell more cars if people know their not buying a cartoon!

Old 06-17-2012 | 12:38 PM
Card
2nd Gear
Well it looks like "Pippa" is now on her way to South Hampton to hopefully catch the Taipan! Anyone else on that ship as well?

Old 06-17-2012 | 12:39 PM
Flipper & Punkin
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by PMKNHD
I don't know, it kind of looks like Punkin has more cojones (can I say that) then Flipper but they do look good together.
I had to google that... If this were Central American Motoring, you might have gotten a nasty gram from the El Administra-tista; here though I think you're safe. Well, perhaps distinctions are subtle. Not shown in the photos: Flipper has Yokohama S-Drives, Punkin has the softer/round-cornered all-weather tires; Flipper is manual, Punkin has Steptronic; Flipper is rougher around the edges (noisier exhaust and requisite dash/interior rattles that are expected for 1st-gen hatch, and then there's the highly regarded supercharger "squeal" ), Punkin is all about refinement. The black top and headlight housings do add a tom-boyish quality though (to quote Seinfeld, "not that there's anything wrong with that")...

Old 06-17-2012 | 12:46 PM
Flipper & Punkin
2nd Gear
I did most of my configuring at the MINIUK website, I don't know why but the configurator there is photo realistic.
In fact I made the Clubman in my signature bar by cut and pasting 2 different vehicles from their configurator (JCW Clubman and the Clubman S).
The configurator here is the states is like working with cartoons. I don't get it, ours should be the same as in the UK. It just might just sell more cars if people know their not buying a cartoon!
You're right; it seems like they'd use the same software. The USA renderings don't display the metallics very well. Your signature rendering definitely shows the metallic quality...

Old 06-17-2012 | 01:38 PM
PMKNHD
4th Gear
I had to google that... If this were Central American Motoring, you might have gotten a nasty gram from the El Administra-tista; here though I think you're safe. Well, perhaps distinctions are subtle. Not shown in the photos: Flipper has Yokohama S-Drives, Punkin has the softer/round-cornered all-weather tires; Flipper is manual, Punkin has Steptronic; Flipper is rougher around the edges (noisier exhaust and requisite dash/interior rattles that are expected for 1st-gen hatch, and then there's the highly regarded supercharger "squeal" ), Punkin is all about refinement. The black top and headlight housings do add a tom-boyish quality though (to quote Seinfeld, "not that there's anything wrong with that")...
Right-on.
I stand corrected.
Pumpkinhead has the Steptronic, due to a bad leg I couldn't go stick anymore. Glad to say it has good response.
The supercharger would have been nice, I'll be installing a blow-off valve eventually so I can get some audible satisfaction from the turbo.

Old 06-17-2012 | 05:03 PM
Flipper & Punkin
2nd Gear
Right-on.
I stand corrected.
Pumpkinhead has the Steptronic, due to a bad leg I couldn't go stick anymore. Glad to say it has good response.
The supercharger would have been nice, I'll be installing a blow-off valve eventually so I can get some audible satisfaction from the turbo.
Yeah, similar story here; wife experienced knee injury last year . Flipper was hers at the time. Sold my '09 Mustang GT at the end of April; Punkin was ordered May 9th .

Old 06-17-2012 | 05:37 PM
PMKNHD
4th Gear
Yeah, similar story here; wife experienced knee injury last year . Flipper was hers at the time. Sold my '09 Mustang GT at the end of April; Punkin was ordered May 9th .
Sorry to hear tha about you wife. She has a good husband to sell a Mustang GT make room for her automatic MINI!

Old 06-17-2012 | 06:17 PM
Hoopkingrb
Neutral
Originally Posted by Card
Well it looks like "Pippa" is now on her way to South Hampton to hopefully catch the Taipan! Anyone else on that ship as well?
Our Countryman will probably be on the Taipan as well.

Old 06-17-2012 | 06:36 PM
Flipper & Punkin
2nd Gear
Sorry to hear tha about you wife. She has a good husband to sell a Mustang GT make room for her automatic MINI!
Thanks, but I DID get Flipper out of the deal Flipper much more fun to drive (in traffic) than the 'stang. Stang big; Flipper small. Also, I'm 5'4, so Flipper is a better fit.

Old 06-17-2012 | 07:16 PM
PMKNHD
4th Gear
Thanks, but I DID get Flipper out of the deal Flipper much more fun to drive (in traffic) than the 'stang. Stang big; Flipper small. Also, I'm 5'4, so Flipper is a better fit.
That's funny! But I do so understand.

Old 06-17-2012 | 07:25 PM
Btwyx
6th Gear
We picked the new JCW today. The first thing I did was change the wheels to the new track wheels. I'm going to be getting real tires to replace the run flats on the regular wheels.

We also left Shawn at the dealer, for once they made a reasonable trade in offer. That was helped by them valuing the extended service plan at $2k.

More photos: http://btwyx.com/JCW

With the regular wheels:

With the track wheels:

Old 06-17-2012 | 07:28 PM
Card
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Hoopkingrb
Our Countryman will probably be on the Taipan as well.
Great! I hope they both make it. They might even be on the same truck heading up north from California. It is going to be a long 4 weeks.

Old 06-17-2012 | 07:31 PM
PMKNHD
4th Gear
Originally Posted by Btwyx
We picked the new JCW today. The first thing I did was change the wheels to the new track wheels. I'm going to be getting real tires to replace the run flats on the regular wheels.

We also left Shawn at the dealer, for once they made a reasonable trade in offer. That was helped by them valuing the extended service plan at $2k.
Looks real good! I'm glad they worked with you.

You schooled me though, I was under the impression that the Brembo's wouldn't fit the 5-Star Bullets. I see a future project for Pumpkinhead.

Old 06-17-2012 | 08:13 PM
ALL4JOE
2nd Gear

Best of luck on the wait. It is not fun. Worth it in the end...but painful along the way.

This is a great forum to pass the time, though. Lots of good motorers out there to keep the anticipation dulled a bit.

Old 06-17-2012 | 09:00 PM
Btwyx
6th Gear
You schooled me though, I was under the impression that the Brembo's wouldn't fit the 5-Star Bullets. I see a future project for Pumpkinhead.
The configurator would allow it, so I assumed there was no problem with it. The calipers fit very snugly inside the wheel, the spokes are sculpted like they're custom just for the Brembos. I hope they don't cause any problems.

Old 06-17-2012 | 09:33 PM
kel3q3
2nd Gear
I couldn't get the Tenzo wheels the I originally ordered. Apparently the manf hasn't been shipping any lately (with the 4 bolt pattern). So I've ordered Motegi MR117 with non RF tires

http://aftermarket.motegiracing.com/...d=4&groupid=23
(The MR117's won't show up automatically on the page, but you will see it at the bottom.)

Old 06-17-2012 | 11:36 PM
PMKNHD
4th Gear
Originally Posted by Btwyx
The configurator would allow it, so I assumed there was no problem with it. The calipers fit very snugly inside the wheel, the spokes are sculpted like they're custom just for the Brembos. I hope they don't cause any problems.
That figures, when I was going through the process the configurator wouldn't allow it. They didn't offer a JCW package either, that might of had something to do with it. How things change, you couldn't order a JCW with an automatic and now you can. What's next, a JCW Automatic with Spice Orange and 5 Star Bullets?!

Old 06-18-2012 | 12:05 AM
PMKNHD
4th Gear
Originally Posted by kel3q3
I couldn't get the Tenzo wheels the I originally ordered. Apparently the manf hasn't been shipping any lately (with the 4 bolt pattern). So I've ordered Motegi MR117 with non RF tires

http://aftermarket.motegiracing.com/...d=4&groupid=23
(The MR117's won't show up automatically on the page, but you will see it at the bottom.)
Nice wheels kel3q3. Too bad that you couldn't get your Tenzo's although I'm sure you'll be just as happy with the Moteg's.

Old 06-18-2012 | 07:58 AM
flanders621
1st Gear
It's tough, but I'll have to quit driving long enough to take more pictures. Here is one my brother took while messing around with his dslr and different lighting effects. I think it came out pretty good.

Quick Reply: "Those Waiting for a 2012" Support Group