1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"Those Waiting for a 2012" Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2011 | 08:23 AM
bakesonaplane
2nd Gear
As long as nothing goes wrong on the car carrier, I will be picking up the MINI this saturday the 17th!!!

Old 09-15-2011 | 03:08 PM
One Sock Joe
Neutral
Hi all,

Been reading the forums for a minute now and Joined just the other day. I'm expecting my BRG hardtop S early next month. hopefully before october 9th so I can hit the last autocross of the season.

Old 09-15-2011 | 03:39 PM
mrk5n
3rd Gear
My CM All4 arrived at Mt Laurel around 1 this afternoon with another justa cosmic blue.. I take delivery tomorrow! Pic here

Old 09-15-2011 | 07:24 PM
PezRadar
5th Gear
Originally Posted by Bubble and Squeak
Hehe to both of you... I am glad I got a deal...

So I called my MA this morning, and she just sent me a message. I hope she is right. The system says I am scheduled for Week 39...

She sent me a message that says according to the inside MINI site (along with a cut and paste), the car entered "150 - Production Started 9/14/11 06:48:13"

The OL still says ON ORDER.

How common for it to start production early? She told us the day we ordered it that the Cabrios go into production early, because there is just less of them being sold.

Thoughts? Sound right?
Seems like MINI is really moving fast as of late. My Coupe was a Week 38 but was being built on Week 36 and actually finishes tomorrow. Congrats on the early build process.

Status 150 does mean that it is In Production so you should expect 8 days for it to be built then it will head to port

Old 09-16-2011 | 10:01 AM
Bubble and Squeak
4th Gear
OMG I got a VIN Number!

Old 09-16-2011 | 10:14 AM
Janus
2nd Gear
Congrats! Your Mini is born! There are a bunch of us still waiting for ours to leave the VDC, (maybe?), many of us were told we could pick up this weekend, but something seems to be held up with the trucking company. Its such a tease!

Old 09-16-2011 | 10:34 AM
PatM
6th Gear
Sounds to me like everything is speeding up. Unfortunately I think this is due to a lack of sales and more production capacity than maybe originally anticipated.

Just anecdotal evidence on my part but I know new car sales in our area are pretty slow. Good for us waiting on new cars though.

Old 09-16-2011 | 11:05 AM
OKCdancer
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by Bubble and Squeak
OMG I got a VIN Number!

I think I have mine memorized from calling to check on progress!

Old 09-16-2011 | 11:44 AM
Slave to Felines
6th Gear
I don't have a VIN yet, but the OL just updated today to "EN ROUTE".

I'll give my MA another call later this afternoon to see if he has more details.

Old 09-16-2011 | 11:52 AM
CausticOne
1st Gear
Originally Posted by Slave to Felines
I don't have a VIN yet, but the OL just updated today to "EN ROUTE".

I'll give my MA another call later this afternoon to see if he has more details.
I think if you go into the OL and you click on the Service Tab, it will tell you no service is scheduled, but the VIN will listed on there. I believe that is how I found mine.

Old 09-16-2011 | 12:33 PM
mrluckypa
5th Gear
VIN is in OL just click on the tab that says order details. It gives you Production # and VIN.

Old 09-16-2011 | 02:22 PM
Cred
4th Gear
My future car has moved to "scheduled for production" but Askmini couldn't tell me what week I was scheduled for production. How do I find out my expected production week? The last time I asked my MA he had no idea.

Old 09-16-2011 | 03:06 PM
TheOfficeMaven
6th Gear
@Cred,

Since most MINIs average 8 days from start of production to their completion, simply add 8 days on to the date that the Owner's Lounge updated to showing scheduled for production and you "should" have a pretty good idea of your production day/week.

As an example, the OL updated to scheduled for production for my MCS Coupe on 9/8/2011. sure enough, eight days later (9/16/2011 or week 37) and my Coupe has just competed production.

Old 09-16-2011 | 03:21 PM
Cred
4th Gear
@TheOfficeMaven

Thanks for the info. My OL hasn't updated yet. I got the info from the live rep at askmini. But that gives me a rough idea of what to expect.

Old 09-16-2011 | 04:13 PM
smcphc
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Cred
@TheOfficeMaven

Thanks for the info. My OL hasn't updated yet. I got the info from the live rep at askmini. But that gives me a rough idea of what to expect.
There's still a difference between scheduled for production and in production. The 8 day time frame is good once it actually starts production. When I spoke to the reps at Ask MINI last week they saw I was scheduled for production but couldn't tell me when, early this week the vehicle actually started production (the 13th). The Owners Lounge finally went from On Order to Scheduled for Production today, the Ask MINI recording still has me Scheduled for Production with no confirmed production date. It's been that way since last Monday (the 5th)

Old 09-16-2011 | 05:08 PM
rpetrecca
1st Gear
"scheduled for production" three days ago. Gettin closer.

Old 09-16-2011 | 05:19 PM
PezRadar
5th Gear
The automated system will stay at 'scheduled for production with no production date' until like 6 days into your production when it is in Body and/or Paint. That's how it was for many of us Coupe owners.

My car finished production earlier today Now to get on a boat.

I hope I get on a WW boat leaving on Monday.. It has the shortest trip to Brunswick, GA out of all the boats in the next 3 weeks.

Old 09-16-2011 | 05:42 PM
Slave to Felines
6th Gear
Originally Posted by CausticOne
I think if you go into the OL and you click on the Service Tab, it will tell you no service is scheduled, but the VIN will listed on there. I believe that is how I found mine.
Yup, I was clicking around for curiosity and found that.

Talked to an MA (actually the Sales Manager, my MA is on vacation) and found out the name of the ship and an estimated delivery date.

Old 09-16-2011 | 05:44 PM
minimartin
1st Gear
Originally Posted by Janus
Congrats! Your Mini is born! There are a bunch of us still waiting for ours to leave the VDC, (maybe?), many of us were told we could pick up this weekend, but something seems to be held up with the trucking company. Its such a tease!
Mine has been at the Brunswick VDC since last Friday. MA says delivery will be the middle of next week. Took almost as long to get across the ocean.

Old 09-16-2011 | 06:44 PM
LaurenMini
2nd Gear
I think the Baltimore VDC moves at warp speed! Mickey sailed in on Sunday and was at the dealership pretty soon after that (not sure of the exact date). I picked him up this evening. I was due for something to go fast, since I put my deposit down on May 4th and have suffered through delays ever since!

Old 09-16-2011 | 06:45 PM
Cred
4th Gear
Originally Posted by rpetrecca
"scheduled for production" three days ago. Gettin closer.
I am right a the same stage. Can't wait.

Originally Posted by smcphc
There's still a difference between scheduled for production and in production. The 8 day time frame is good once it actually starts production. When I spoke to the reps at Ask MINI last week they saw I was scheduled for production but couldn't tell me when, early this week the vehicle actually started production (the 13th). The Owners Lounge finally went from On Order to Scheduled for Production today, the Ask MINI recording still has me Scheduled for Production with no confirmed production date. It's been that way since last Monday (the 5th)
That's what has been happening to me. The Ask Mini reps say it is scheduled for production but they don't have a production date. So I just have to wait for the next stage. Thanks for the info!

Old 09-16-2011 | 08:14 PM
bakesonaplane
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by LaurenMini
I think the Baltimore VDC moves at warp speed! Mickey sailed in on Sunday and was at the dealership pretty soon after that (not sure of the exact date). I picked him up this evening. I was due for something to go fast, since I put my deposit down on May 4th and have suffered through delays ever since!
The Baltimore VDC does move very quickly. That's because it's a WW owned and operated port. My MINI arrived at port on 9/12 and I could have also picked it up from my dealership in Ohio tonight...unfortunately my job ran too late and I couldn't get to the dealership But I will be picking my MINI up tomorrow morning!

A quick picture of the little guy that someone was able to snap for me today while he was getting all his programming done!

Attached Thumbnails "Those Waiting for a 2012" Support Group-photo_816f8dc7-7f6c-054e-ec8d-ae376ac19332.jpg  
Old 09-16-2011 | 08:47 PM
smcphc
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Cred
I am right a the same stage. Can't wait.

That's what has been happening to me. The Ask Mini reps say it is scheduled for production but they don't have a production date. So I just have to wait for the next stage. Thanks for the info!
The next stage was when they told me it had been scheduled for the daily production pack. That was last Friday, and it went into production the following Tuesday.

Old 09-17-2011 | 12:36 PM
Wilde Maus
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by swpars
For all my fellow West Coasters who also have cars on the Toscana, I have an update. The Toscana is hanging out around the entrance to the Panama Canal, waiting to go through as of 8:40 pm Pacific Standard Time, 9/11.

http://www.marinetraffic.com/ais/

Yayyyy, thanks swpars. Can't wait.

Old 09-17-2011 | 06:38 PM
One Sock Joe
Neutral
It's on the way!

Just found out my new toy is on the Tamesis and should be in baltimore on 9-22. I've got a bucket full of quarters just waiting to be transmogrified into gas for a weekend or longer drive around everywhere. Anyone know any good driving roads in the midwest NW ohio?

Quick Reply: "Those Waiting for a 2012" Support Group