1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"Those Waiting for a 2012" Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2012, 01:31 AM
InVisib0L
4th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by kanakaboy92
The wait is almost over for most of you! IT IS DEFINITELY WORTH THE WAIT.

I have a perma-grin every time I turn her on.

I've got NM springs and an H-Sport sway bar waiting in the garage, and need to set up a tint appointment for the rear 3 plus sunroof.

Thanks for the support this thread has offered.
Wow, a work of art... So beautiful.

Old 07-01-2012, 06:49 AM
WinstonAllegheneyIII
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by PMKNHD
Family, did somebody say family?
I neeeeeeed a family! Muah haha, muah ha ha ha ha!!

Old 07-01-2012, 07:35 PM
PMKNHD
4th Gear
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by NinjaTurtle
So, the puzzle is almost complete. I sold my Z28 today. It was a moment because she had been with me for so long, but I'm looking forward to my Mini's arrival and the joy that he's going to bring me! The worst part of the whole deal though, is I have to deal with driving a Toyota Yaris until he gets here!
Eeeeewwwwwwwww!!!! Looks like the space shuttle Galileo.

Old 07-01-2012, 07:59 PM
PMKNHD
4th Gear
Originally Posted by TELY
Oh man! I didn't know there was a multi-color option!!!!!!!!! How cool is that?
I believe you hold the button forward to change colors and when it flashes twice let go. They will continue to cycle through the colors from then on till you change it to a single color again. Have fun!

Old 07-01-2012, 08:07 PM
PMKNHD
4th Gear
Originally Posted by TELY
Congrats again to everyone who has their MINIs and to the rest of you awaiting arrival!
I parked three times today with the front end of my MINI over the curb....need to ease back a bit...not in my Cherokee anymore! Tinting tomorrow! Cheers!
I know how that is, I scraped the edge on my driver side rear 5 star bullet.
I pulled into the Taco Bell drive through like I was driving my old Jeep Wrangler. Scraped it after giving my order while moving around to the window. What a difference a few inches between wheels make.
If I wasn't a manly man I would have cried. Well so what if I did, no one was watching.

Old 07-01-2012, 08:16 PM
PMKNHD
4th Gear
Originally Posted by deejay_001
I literally had a dream before the ship made it to the Panama canal that it was in the Yakima River and there I was, along with people standing around as if they were waiting for it to catch a ride to work, watching it go by. Now the Yakima river is about 2.5 hours south east of King county where I live. Anyone know how to interpret dreams???
I can interpret dreams.
It means that this has all been a dream, you have not yet ordered your MINI and must do so as soon as you wake up.
But then if this has all been a dream, then your dreaming this and that means that this never happened either.
If this never happened either then it could mean that your still a small child dreaming of things that may never be.
If that's the case it's time to wake up and get your little butt to school!

Hawkling will be home in no time deejay, I can't wait to see some pictures!

Last edited by PMKNHD; 07-01-2012 at 08:22 PM.
Old 07-01-2012, 08:56 PM
WinstonAllegheneyIII
4th Gear
I pulled into the Taco Bell drive through like I was driving my old Jeep Wrangler. Scraped it after giving my order while moving around to the window. What a difference a few inches between wheels make.
If I wasn't a manly man I would have cried. Well so what if I did, no one was watching.
I smell the perfect opportunity to be the FIRST EVER clubman owner to put some HRE wheels on PMKNHD!

Old 07-01-2012, 08:58 PM
WinstonAllegheneyIII
4th Gear
I can interpret dreams.
It means that this has all been a dream, you have not yet ordered your MINI and must do so as soon as you wake up.
But then if this has all been a dream, then your dreaming this and that means that this never happened either.
If this never happened either then it could mean that your still a small child dreaming of things that may never be.

Sounds like the dream season of the show DALLAS lol

Old 07-01-2012, 09:02 PM
WinstonAllegheneyIII
4th Gear
Hello fellow motorers! I cleaned my garage this weekend, swept all of winter's mess out, then hosed the floor down, scrubbed, rinsed and squeegied it, then let it dry and put down Winston's carpet in his garage space. He'll be home soon whoo hoo! did I mention I got a few blisters in the process? It was definitely worth it

Old 07-01-2012, 09:56 PM
gerry2153
4th Gear
Ouch ... I fear I'll be in the same place... I've gotten used to driving a Toyota FJ with big 285/17 wheels where curbs dont matter... this is gonna be a change ... guess i better start practice not hitting things

Old 07-02-2012, 09:39 AM
WinstonAllegheneyIII
4th Gear
So while picking up my boyfriend after he dropped off his car to have his brakes upgraded this morning, I had no choice but to stop into the MINI dealership, which just "happens" to be right next door to the brake shop. A quick drive through the parking lot revealed no new MINI's recently offloaded, however, on my way out, I saw a Waggonner semi truck about 1/2 mile down the road AND it was going in the direction of the MINI dealership Could Winston have been on there? I had no time to stalk, as I needed to get to work, but I can't stop wondering if he was on that truck?

Old 07-02-2012, 09:52 AM
charliesheena
1st Gear
Originally Posted by fluteboi
Yep. Ontario, CA. Looking at the ship schedule, looks like the next one out of Southampton to Port Hueneme is "Figaro". I agree July is going to be a longggg month.
What is the ship status for "figaro" when is it supposed to deport/arrive? I don't know where you found this info. You're better at stalking your mini than I am

Old 07-02-2012, 10:16 AM
NinjaTurtle
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by WinstonAllegheneyIII
So while picking up my boyfriend after he dropped off his car to have his brakes upgraded this morning, I had no choice but to stop into the MINI dealership, which just "happens" to be right next door to the brake shop. A quick drive through the parking lot revealed no new MINI's recently offloaded, however, on my way out, I saw a Waggonner semi truck about 1/2 mile down the road AND it was going in the direction of the MINI dealership Could Winston have been on there? I had no time to stalk, as I needed to get to work, but I can't stop wondering if he was on that truck?
I think you're taking Mini stalking to a whole different level!

Last edited by NinjaTurtle; 07-02-2012 at 10:17 AM. Reason: I can't spell...haven't you been listening?
Old 07-02-2012, 11:14 AM
WinstonAllegheneyIII
4th Gear
I think you're taking Mini stalking to a whole different level!
i'll take that as a compliment

Old 07-02-2012, 11:33 AM
NinjaTurtle
3rd Gear
That's obviously how it was meant!

And speaking of stalking...all of the latest tracking information still shows that the Vega Leader is due to arrive at Port Hueneme today. However, she is still not visable on Marine Traffic. Unless she is taking the WAAAAY long way around Catalina and the Channel Islands, I'm betting that he's not arriving at the port today.

Not that I'll see him for at least a week...but another day is ANOTHER DAY!!!

Old 07-02-2012, 11:40 AM
razz
3rd Gear
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Got a call from my MA an hour ago to report that my CM has been "released to the trucking company" but could not verify that it was in fact aboard a truck. I'm hoping it gets on one today, and that there are no delays on I-5 between Port Hueneme and San Diego!

Old 07-02-2012, 11:40 AM
WinstonAllegheneyIII
4th Gear
That's obviously how it was meant!

And speaking of stalking...all of the latest tracking information still shows that the Vega Leader is due to arrive at Port Hueneme today. However, she is still not visable on Marine Traffic. Unless she is taking the WAAAAY long way around Catalina and the Channel Islands, I'm betting that he's not arriving at the port today.

Not that I'll see him for at least a week...but another day is ANOTHER DAY!!!

No hon, go double check! I just checked Vega Leader on my marinetracker on my iphone and it shows she is in port!?!?

Old 07-02-2012, 11:46 AM
WinstonAllegheneyIII
4th Gear
Old 07-02-2012, 12:05 PM
ALL4JOE
2nd Gear
i'll take that as a compliment
Don't worry WinstonAllegheneyIII...

When I was still waiting for Nightcrawler I had my wife pull into the dealership on a Friday night we happened to be driving by. The truck was expected earlier that day but I didn't hear from my MA.

I pressed my face against the garage windows to see if I could spot my MINI. I couldn't, but turns out it was there...just out of sight from where I was standing.

I say...look if you can!

Old 07-02-2012, 12:32 PM
deejay_001
3rd Gear
I can interpret dreams.

Old 07-02-2012, 12:35 PM
deejay_001
3rd Gear
So, gotta take the wife's LR4 into the shop. The brake light indicator is constantly on and the park indicator is constantly flashing. Looks like a sensor problem after a little googling. As Hawkling approaches, I think her LR4 is getting a little "sensor"tive. Just had to say that.

Old 07-02-2012, 01:10 PM
NinjaTurtle
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by razz
Got a call from my MA an hour ago to report that my CM has been "released to the trucking company" but could not verify that it was in fact aboard a truck. I'm hoping it gets on one today, and that there are no delays on I-5 between Port Hueneme and San Diego!
I might pass them on my way home tonight!

Old 07-02-2012, 01:15 PM
NinjaTurtle
3rd Gear
No hon, go double check! I just checked Vega Leader on my marinetracker on my iphone and it shows she is in port!?!?
Thanks...I just checked again and added the "_" in between and there it is! When I was tracking it before it didn't matter. I'm a little happier now...just a little...

Old 07-02-2012, 01:20 PM
fluteboi
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by charliesheena
What is the ship status for "figaro" when is it supposed to deport/arrive? I don't know where you found this info. You're better at stalking your mini than I am
Haha. I can't help looking for ways to stalk my MINI on NAM. So much info here....which makes the stalking so much easier.

I found the info through here. http://sagaweb.2wglobal.com/AppSchedules/

You can "Search by Port" with Southampton and Port Hueneme as the origin and destination. It shows the next ship will be "Figaro" departing on 7/5 and arriving at Port Hueneme on 7/25. So we probably will not see our MINI until end of July or early August.

Old 07-02-2012, 01:20 PM
TELY
3rd Gear
WE ARE! You guys make me laugh

Quick Reply: "Those Waiting for a 2012" Support Group