1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"Those Waiting for a 2012" Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2012, 01:31 PM
TELY
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by PMKNHD
I believe you hold the button forward to change colors and when it flashes twice let go. They will continue to cycle through the colors from then on till you change it to a single color again. Have fun!
So...during an hour drive in the Texas hill country, in the rain and at night...which was tons of fun...but I digress...I really wanted alternating disco lights! Dang it....I still couldn't find the setting!!???

When I pulled the button back and held for a few seconds, it seemed to let me choose the brightness of the lighting. It flashed 2 times at the lowest level, then I held down again and it would brighten and then flash 2 times at the brightest level. When I push forward and hold, nothing. Hmmmmmm.....

Old 07-02-2012, 01:35 PM
TELY
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by WinstonAllegheneyIII
Hello fellow motorers! I cleaned my garage this weekend, swept all of winter's mess out, then hosed the floor down, scrubbed, rinsed and squeegied it, then let it dry and put down Winston's carpet in his garage space. He'll be home soon whoo hoo! did I mention I got a few blisters in the process? It was definitely worth it
That's awesome! I soooo wish my MINI was in the garage. We have our boat crammed in there.

Old 07-02-2012, 01:47 PM
WinstonAllegheneyIII
4th Gear
Originally Posted by TELY
That's awesome! I soooo wish my MINI was in the garage. We have our boat crammed in there.

the heck with that! get the boat out - it's made for weather anyway, isn't it? lol

Old 07-02-2012, 01:49 PM
TELY
3rd Gear
This was my last chance to stalk.
Here's the pic I took the night before my "pick up" appointment. I found my MINI showing off in the showroom!

OK...that's a lie. Every time I go somewhere, I park where I can stalk my MINI from inside the store or restaurant.

I even stalk her from the office window in my house.

I'm such a flippin' MINI nerd!

Attached Thumbnails "Those Waiting for a 2012" Support Group-june-2-013.jpg  
Old 07-02-2012, 01:53 PM
WinstonAllegheneyIII
4th Gear
Originally Posted by deejay_001
So, gotta take the wife's LR4 into the shop. The brake light indicator is constantly on and the park indicator is constantly flashing. Looks like a sensor problem after a little googling. As Hawkling approaches, I think her LR4 is getting a little "sensor"tive. Just had to say that.
"sensor"tive

Old 07-02-2012, 01:53 PM
TELY
3rd Gear
the heck with that! get the boat out - it's made for weather anyway, isn't it? lol
I agree!!!!!
It's the damn neighborhood association that won't let me park the boat on the driveway.
Hopefully, we might be finding some boat storage in the near future. My husband's love affair with my MINI continues to grow! *crosses fingers*

Old 07-02-2012, 01:54 PM
WinstonAllegheneyIII
4th Gear
Originally Posted by TELY
This was my last chance to stalk.
Here's the pic I took the night before my "pick up" appointment. I found my MINI showing off in the showroom!

OK...that's a lie. Every time I go somewhere, I park where I can stalk my MINI from inside the store or restaurant.

I even stalk her from the office window in my house.

I'm such a flippin' MINI nerd!
i love it!

Old 07-02-2012, 04:44 PM
NinjaTurtle
3rd Gear
We are now officially in "delivered to the port" status!

Old 07-02-2012, 05:36 PM
The Angry Pumkin
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by PMKNHD
I know how that is, I scraped the edge on my driver side rear 5 star bullet.
I pulled into the Taco Bell drive through like I was driving my old Jeep Wrangler. Scraped it after giving my order while moving around to the window. What a difference a few inches between wheels make.
If I wasn't a manly man I would have cried. Well so what if I did, no one was watching.

LOL that is my biggest worry about getting my Mini! Kinda funny that I am getting rid of a Wrangler also for a orange Mini!

Old 07-02-2012, 06:42 PM
amgcoupe
2nd Gear

Taipan just got added another day for ETA!

That is 3 extra days that has been tacked on since the original ETA! FML!!!

Old 07-02-2012, 07:15 PM
Card
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by amgcoupe

Taipan just got added another day for ETA!

That is 3 extra days that has been tacked on since the original ETA! FML!!!
Saw that too! Hopefully it will make up some time later in the journey.

Old 07-02-2012, 07:20 PM
WinstonAllegheneyIII
4th Gear
Originally Posted by NinjaTurtle

Old 07-02-2012, 07:24 PM
WinstonAllegheneyIII
4th Gear
I spoke with my MA earlier and he told me Winston was at the dealership. Of course, I got out of work as soon as I could (ok so I couldn't wait to get out the door lol) and I went to the dealership and saw him! He looks awesome! I can't wait to see him cleaned up with his windows tinted. He's so beautiful! I'll post my iPhone pic later. Delivery Saturday 10am

Old 07-02-2012, 07:25 PM
R604U2C
Neutral
Hello fellow Motorers and Countryman...first post here. Wanted to introduce myself and say I'm waiting on the Harmony Leader to arrive Port Hueneme on or around July 20/21.
Been through this before 3 years ago on a R56 S. I thought I couldn't do it again, but man it is still exciting. And the added enthusiasm from you guys is great. Happy Motoring All!!

Old 07-02-2012, 07:30 PM
amgcoupe
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Card
Saw that too! Hopefully it will make up some time later in the journey.
Or lose more time yes I am pessimistic

Old 07-02-2012, 07:44 PM
digitaleyez
1st Gear
Originally Posted by NinjaTurtle
Where'd you get that status? I checked the OL and it still says en route.

Old 07-02-2012, 07:49 PM
NinjaTurtle
3rd Gear
I spoke with my MA earlier and he told me Winston was at the dealership. Of course, I got out of work as soon as I could (ok so I couldn't wait to get out the door lol) and I went to the dealership and saw him! He looks awesome! I can't wait to see him cleaned up with his windows tinted. He's so beautiful! I'll post my iPhone pic later. Delivery Saturday 10am
That's awesome!

Old 07-02-2012, 07:54 PM
NinjaTurtle
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by digitaleyez
Where'd you get that status? I checked the OL and it still says en route.
Go here and put in your VIN in cargo ID:

https://att.2wglobal.com/gstattweb/o...uickSearchPage

After you get your Booking and Bill of Lading numbers you can go back into the Tracking screen and plug them in.

Old 07-02-2012, 08:23 PM
razz
3rd Gear
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Chumahue and Winston were cruisemates on Tombarra, but Chumahue is still enroute to my dealer in San Diego, while Winston has already arrived in Colorado!

My transport truck had to make stops at other dealerships in Orange County, so I won't pick Chumahue up until tomorrow. However, I went in today to sign the paperwork to take advantage of the Take Down credit, effecting a "virtual" delivery today. By the time I get off work tomorrow, she'll be prepped, tinted, and ready to go home. Why do you have to wait until Saturday?

Old 07-02-2012, 08:57 PM
deejay_001
3rd Gear
wth. My MA says "No update, I'll talk to the manager to get a status update". That was around 9am pst. No follow up email from him as of right now. I knew I should have taken my wifes LR4 to the shop in Tacoma, that way I can pay a visit to the mini shop across I-5.

Old 07-02-2012, 09:02 PM
deejay_001
3rd Gear
by the way, that's Awesome for you. Congrats on being able to visit your newborn.

Old 07-02-2012, 09:10 PM
deejay_001
3rd Gear
Port Hueneme and Denver = 1076 miles (maybe a stop in LA and one in LV)
Port Hueneme and Tacoma = 1116 miles (bunch of freggin stops in Bay area is probably the hold up)
I'm going crazy now.

Old 07-02-2012, 09:16 PM
deejay_001
3rd Gear
Freggin Tombarra arrived in Tacoma at 2:53 am pst.

Old 07-02-2012, 09:27 PM
WinstonAllegheneyIII
4th Gear
Originally Posted by deejay_001
wth. My MA says "No update, I'll talk to the manager to get a status update". That was around 9am pst. No follow up email from him as of right now. I knew I should have taken my wifes LR4 to the shop in Tacoma, that way I can pay a visit to the mini shop across I-5.
I'm so sorry. All I can tell you is tely was right when she said that when you see your baby everything is forgotten: all the tracking (stalking), worrying, wondering, waiting, etc it all goes away when you see your baby. That's how I felt today. And I know when Winston is clean and tinted and ready to go home, it'll be a great day. Your day will come real soon too

Old 07-02-2012, 09:34 PM
WinstonAllegheneyIII
4th Gear
Originally Posted by razz
Chumahue and Winston were cruisemates on Tombarra, but Chumahue is still enroute to my dealer in San Diego, while Winston has already arrived in Colorado!

My transport truck had to make stops at other dealerships in Orange County, so I won't pick Chumahue up until tomorrow. However, I went in today to sign the paperwork to take advantage of the Take Down credit, effecting a "virtual" delivery today. By the time I get off work tomorrow, she'll be prepped, tinted, and ready to go home. Why do you have to wait until Saturday?
That's crazy! I would've surely thought that you would've been the first to even see your baby, being that you are closest to the port?

Re Saturday, I thought my dealer was closed Wednesday for the 4th but when I got there I saw they were open on the 4th. I was so beside myself with excitement that I couldn't put two and two together and arrange to pick winston up earlier than Saturday. I ave to work Thrsday and Friday and I wanted to have the delivery when I didn't ave to worry about work. I'll call my MA tomorrow to see if Wednesday delivery would be ok?

Quick Reply: "Those Waiting for a 2012" Support Group