1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"Those Waiting for a 2012" Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2011, 07:38 PM
smcphc
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Ask MINI recording was updated today. It now says that vehicle is in production and scheduled to be completed Sept 20th. Production started Sept 13th so looks like everything is on schedule. Crossing my fingers for a mid-October delivery.

Old 09-18-2011, 05:56 PM
nitsugajr
1st Gear
Tomorrow morning I will finally be a MINI owner! What started in the month of Jun (negotiating) is coming to an end. I can honestly say that I have never been more excited to take ownership of a car. This is my second ordered car but I don't remember being obsessed. So, timeline was; negotiated in Jun, ordered 1 Jul, production # 14 Jul. Production 13 Aug, Completed 20 Aug, Shipped 28 Aug, arrived states 8 Sep (KLL so no tracking), arrived dealer 14 Sep. Delivery 19 Sep. I will try to post pics tomorrow!

Old 09-19-2011, 04:51 AM
///Matthew
3rd Gear
Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by nitsugajr
Tomorrow morning I will finally be a MINI owner! What started in the month of Jun (negotiating) is coming to an end. I can honestly say that I have never been more excited to take ownership of a car. This is my second ordered car but I don't remember being obsessed. So, timeline was; negotiated in Jun, ordered 1 Jul, production # 14 Jul. Production 13 Aug, Completed 20 Aug, Shipped 28 Aug, arrived states 8 Sep (KLL so no tracking), arrived dealer 14 Sep. Delivery 19 Sep. I will try to post pics tomorrow!
Congrats!

Why 5 days at the dealer?

Old 09-19-2011, 09:09 AM
rpetrecca
1st Gear
Got my VIN!...Yes!

Anyone know, roughly, how long after VIN issued is vehicle production complete?

Thanks,

Old 09-19-2011, 09:27 AM
PatM
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by rpetrecca
Got my VIN!...Yes!

Anyone know, roughly, how long after VIN issued is vehicle production complete?

Thanks,
Roughly 8 days. Give or take.

Old 09-19-2011, 09:34 AM
mrluckypa
5th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Pat,

I beg to differ. My VIN was issued on July 23 and production was complete on August 19th. It takes 8 days to complete production once ASK MINI tells you that production has begun. Times do vary mostly for colors.

Old 09-19-2011, 09:39 AM
rachael
1st Gear
Almost the same for me. I got a VIN right away, but it took about a month for the car to be built.

Right now, it's either at Port Hueneme, (which I have finally learned to pronounce,) or it's on a truck up here...

Originally Posted by mrluckypa
Pat,

I beg to differ. My VIN was issued on July 23 and production was complete on August 19th. It takes 8 days to complete production once ASK MINI tells you that production has begun. Times do vary mostly for colors.

Old 09-19-2011, 09:43 AM
PatM
6th Gear
You are correct. The production has to have started. It does not necessarily mean that production has started just because you have the vin.

Sorry for the misspeak.

In MY case I received the vin and within a day or so production had started.

Old 09-19-2011, 09:53 AM
treadwell
1st Gear
Congrats Rachael,

The wait is almost over. Everyone botches Port Hueneme the first time. Who would guess from the spelling it would be pronounced "Why...Knee...Meee"?
Hope your car is on a truck quickly. Our clubman came in on Friday Aug. 26th and we took delivery on Mon. the 29th. Not bad considering the weekend, but we're in Socal.

Originally Posted by rachael
Almost the same for me. I got a VIN right away, but it took about a month for the car to be built.

Right now, it's either at Port Hueneme, (which I have finally learned to pronounce,) or it's on a truck up here...

Old 09-19-2011, 09:55 AM
tedfromohio
Neutral
Ship?

How did all of you find out what ship your Mini is on? The Owner's Lounge shows my wife's car is enroute to the distribution center but doesn't give me any details about the ship.

Thanks!

TedfromOhio

Old 09-19-2011, 10:02 AM
PatM
6th Gear
Originally Posted by tedfromohio
How did all of you find out what ship your Mini is on? The Owner's Lounge shows my wife's car is enroute to the distribution center but doesn't give me any details about the ship.

Thanks!

TedfromOhio
Go to this website and put your vin in the lower box on the right hand side. If it's at the port and been logged it will show. If nothing comes up keep checking. You can see all this data on the 1gear forum under tracking your order etc. It worked for me the first time. My car is going to California.

https://att.2wglobal.com/gstattweb/

Old 09-19-2011, 11:02 AM
tedfromohio
Neutral
Sorry for the dumb question, but how did you get your VIN? I appear to only have a vehicle production number.

Old 09-19-2011, 11:05 AM
rachael
1st Gear
It shows up in the order detail on the tracking page of the owner's lounge. (The one which is always 1-3 days behind, but sortof shows you what's up with your mini)

Old 09-19-2011, 11:17 AM
tedfromohio
Neutral
Thank you - I hdan't seen that before! It is on the Tamesis and schedule to arrive in Baltimore on the 22nd.

Thanks again,

Ted

Old 09-19-2011, 11:23 AM
PatM
6th Gear
Originally Posted by tedfromohio
Thank you - I hdan't seen that before! It is on the Tamesis and schedule to arrive in Baltimore on the 22nd.

Thanks again,

Ted
Your wait is almost over.

Old 09-19-2011, 01:12 PM
CausticOne
1st Gear
Originally Posted by treadwell
Congrats Rachael,

The wait is almost over. Everyone botches Port Hueneme the first time. Who would guess from the spelling it would be pronounced "Why...Knee...Meee"?
Hope your car is on a truck quickly. Our clubman came in on Friday Aug. 26th and we took delivery on Mon. the 29th. Not bad considering the weekend, but we're in Socal.
Took me forever to figure out how to pronounce it as well, now I just call it Whiney Me. Fitting - considering I've been whining about this Mini for a month now.

Old 09-19-2011, 02:38 PM
petery
3rd Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Wow, I am glad that I found this thread. Mine should arrive in Port Hueneme on 9/21, the wait is almost over

Old 09-19-2011, 03:19 PM
Wilde Maus
2nd Gear
2 more days until arrival at Port Hueneme. WooHoo. Hoping I can pick her up from my dealer this coming weekend already. Please VDC PH process all the cars really fast and send them on their way.

Old 09-19-2011, 04:11 PM
darkwillow
1st Gear
Hey all, anyone who is on the Themis Leader ship due to arrive in panama tomorrow 9/20, I created a thread for us
https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...9-29-11-a.html

Old 09-19-2011, 04:13 PM
darkwillow
1st Gear
Originally Posted by rachael
So... Virgo Leader is going to go through the MiraFlores locks in about 20 minutes, and I can't be here to watch it.

From what I can tell, you can't save an image from the web cams, but you can take a screen shot and then paste that into paint and save it...

If any of you all are hanging out and can take a screen shot, please do so...

http://www.pancanal.com/eng/photo/camera-java.html

Rachael
Hi Rachael, how did you figure out the time and date of arrival for your ship? I can find the UTC time of mine's ETA, but not sure how to translat e that.

Old 09-19-2011, 04:20 PM
TheOfficeMaven
6th Gear
@darkwillow,

UTC is just GMT (Greenwich Meen Time)... Since you're in the PST zone, simply subtract 7 hours from the UTC and you'll get PST.

Old 09-19-2011, 04:32 PM
petery
3rd Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by treadwell
Our clubman came in on Friday Aug. 26th and we took delivery on Mon. the 29th.
Congrats, I was wondering what happened to you but I guess you are enjoying your clubman. I wish they deliver mine fast too, hoping for 9/24 delivery

Old 09-19-2011, 04:34 PM
darkwillow
1st Gear
Thank you, but when I do that math, the portarrivals.com shows the ship arriving on 9/20 at 1am UTC, -7 hours from that would make it actually arriving on 9/19 at 6pm PST. But looking at the marinetraffic.com site, it still reports the ship as out of range, and not on the arrivals list for the port. I can't see how it isn't on the radar yet if it is due to port in and hour an a half. Guess I will miss getting her picture from Panama.
I have been haunting the marinetraffic site for days now hoping it would pop up on the system.

If anyone is around at 6pm PST, could you please see if she is there and snag pictures? I won't be at my computer at that time.

Old 09-19-2011, 06:37 PM
swpars
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Wilde Maus
2 more days until arrival at Port Hueneme. WooHoo. Hoping I can pick her up from my dealer this coming weekend already. Please VDC PH process all the cars really fast and send them on their way.
You Californians are fortunate. I think Washington State must be the slowest place for MINI delivery in the lower 48. Our MINIs go through the Panama Canal to Port Hueneme, then it's 1,118 miles north (mainly on I-5) to our selling MINI dealer.

Our sales guy called and said the MINI might be ready for delivery on Sunday 9/25 or Monday 9/26. Hoping for a Sunday delivery.

Old 09-19-2011, 07:06 PM
Zyamfier
Coordinator :: Cooper Owners of Rural Nebraska (CORN)
For any of you that arrive in port on a Friday... I read somewhere that if the VDC gets a large # of priority 1 vehicles (already sold to customers) that they keep the VDC running on Saturday.
The JCW coupe pictured below will be arriving on Thursday the 29th of September on the TURANDOT in Baltimore, MD.

Quick Reply: "Those Waiting for a 2012" Support Group