1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"Those Waiting for a 2012" Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2012 | 06:27 PM
PMKNHD
4th Gear
Originally Posted by deejay_001
So now people on Vega_Leader are getting theirs and they were a couple or few days behind Tombarra. As of right now, no update from my MA and I sent an email to him and the manager this morning. This is starting to get annoying. I'll call them on my way to the gym.
TOMBARRA's last known port was Tacoma Washington about 2 days ago.
Your MA should know if it is in route or at the VDC. Some JCW accessory items are installed at the VDC and can take more time.
If your MA isn't taking the time to get the info for you ask for the sales manager and only if necessary turn here for proper treatment.

Customer Relations:
1-800-831-1117
customerrelations@bmwusa.com

I hope that Hawkling just found his wings and is on the way home.

Old 07-05-2012 | 06:28 PM
amgcoupe
2nd Gear
So those that are aboard TAIPAN, http://www.portofhueneme.org/busines...l_schedule.php

The schedule has TAIPAN on the calender finally! 15th of this month! Hopefully no more delays!

Oh and BTW, thanks for the link Ninja!

Old 07-05-2012 | 06:37 PM
PMKNHD
4th Gear
OK EVERYBODY WE ALL NEED TO PULL TOGETHER AND TAKE SHIFTS BLOWING UP THE PHONE AT deejay 001's DEALER UNTIL THEY FESS UP WITH THE WHEREABOUTS OF POOR HAWKLING!!!

ARE YOU WITH ME?!!

Old 07-05-2012 | 06:41 PM
deejay_001
3rd Gear
whats worse is that it's near 80 degrees today and the next few days here in Western WA, perfect for motoring, especially with the weekend coming up.

OK, called Seattle Mini and he says he usually tells people it'll take 60 days from the time it's ordered til the time it's delivered. That would mean I will not get it until about July 13th (Friday the 13th). Also, he mentioned that once it's "released to carrier" it may be sitting waiting for other mini's to truck up this way instead of having one mini on truck. He also mentioned that they're at the mercy of the trucking company, he recently had a trucker that had family in Oregon (ohh yeah, I can call the Porland mini to see if they had any deliveries in the last few days) so he stopped off to enjoy the 4th there before getting up here which delayed the shipment. At least he called the trucking company (Wagoneer - is the trucking company name). Time for some investigation. I'll be calling Portland Mini and Wagoneer.

Old 07-05-2012 | 06:42 PM
deejay_001
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by PMKNHD
OK EVERYBODY WE ALL NEED TO PULL TOGETHER AND TAKE SHIFTS BLOWING UP THE PHONE AT deejay 001's DEALER UNTIL THEY FESS UP WITH THE WHEREABOUTS OF POOR HAWKLING!!!

ARE YOU WITH ME?!!

Old 07-05-2012 | 06:43 PM
razz
3rd Gear
I appreciate all of your concerns. I'm sure it's on a truck as well. I called my MA and he and the manager that I initially worked with are both out today. So I asked for another person who says he remembered me and mentioned that they're just like me, waiting and that all he can do is put the vin in the system and see what it says. It's showing as "released to carrier" or something like that. I explained that many of you have been told when it should be at the dealer and I'm unsure where it's at. He just re-iterated the vin thingy. I'll call Seattlemini (I ordered from Northwest mini) to see if there's someone better that may be able to contact someone at the VDC to see what the hold up is.
Apparently they don't even know who "the carrier" is or how to contact them. If so, the auto transport business has a long way to go before they come close to the standards of shipping companies (like WW) or UPS/FedEx.

Old 07-05-2012 | 06:46 PM
deejay_001
3rd Gear
TOMBARRA's last known port was Tacoma Washington about 2 days ago.
Your MA should know if it is in route or at the VDC. Some JCW accessory items are installed at the VDC and can take more time.
If your MA isn't taking the time to get the info for you ask for the sales manager and only if necessary turn here for proper treatment.

Customer Relations:
1-800-831-1117
customerrelations@bmwusa.com

I hope that Hawkling just found his wings and is on the way home.
Cool another number to call but only when necessary. I wish I was getting the JCW aero kit but they don't make them for those mini's built after March (?) just yet. Ohh yeah, I do have the JCW carbon fiber bonnet scoop but I think they put that on at the dealer.

Old 07-05-2012 | 06:47 PM
PMKNHD
4th Gear
whats worse is that it's near 80 degrees today and the next few days here in Western WA, perfect for motoring, especially with the weekend coming up.

OK, called Seattle Mini and he says he usually tells people it'll take 60 days from the time it's ordered til the time it's delivered. That would mean I will not get it until about July 13th (Friday the 13th). Also, he mentioned that once it's "released to carrier" it may be sitting waiting for other mini's to truck up this way instead of having one mini on truck. He also mentioned that they're at the mercy of the trucking company, he recently had a trucker that had family in Oregon (ohh yeah, I can call the Porland mini to see if they had any deliveries in the last few days) so he stopped off to enjoy the 4th there before getting up here which delayed the shipment. At least he called the trucking company (Wagoneer - is the trucking company name). Time for some investigation. I'll be calling Portland Mini and Wagoneer.
Let's see, someones vehicle at his family's house for the holiday without their permission. If I did that the police would have called it grand theft!

Old 07-05-2012 | 06:49 PM
PMKNHD
4th Gear
Originally Posted by razz
Apparently they don't even know who "the carrier" is or how to contact them. If so, the auto transport business has a long way to go before they come close to the standards of shipping companies (like WW) or UPS/FedEx.
Or the big boys like FTD.

Old 07-05-2012 | 06:53 PM
PMKNHD
4th Gear
Cool another number to call but only when necessary. I wish I was getting the JCW aero kit but they don't make them for those mini's built after March (?) just yet. Ohh yeah, I do have the JCW carbon fiber bonnet scoop but I think they put that on at the dealer.
I put only if necessary in case my MA is watching, and I know they are.
Aside from that you can call that number right now, woo hooooooo!

Old 07-05-2012 | 07:05 PM
deejay_001
3rd Gear
I put only if necessary in case my MA is watching, and I know they are.
Aside from that you can call that number right now, woo hooooooo!

Old 07-05-2012 | 07:10 PM
deejay_001
3rd Gear
Trucking company is Wagoneer or something like that. I called Portland and I think I made his day. He was chuckling, probably thinking I'm some crazy lunatic asking about their shipments.

Anyway, enough about me, lets here more success stories of people getting their newborns (as long as it's not on a ship after mine.... wait, that's everyone getting theirs now) argh. LOL

Old 07-05-2012 | 07:40 PM
PMKNHD
4th Gear
Trucking company is Wagoneer or something like that. I called Portland and I think I made his day. He was chuckling, probably thinking I'm some crazy lunatic asking about their shipments.

Anyway, enough about me, lets here more success stories of people getting their newborns (as long as it's not on a ship after mine.... wait, that's everyone getting theirs now) argh. LOL

Old 07-05-2012 | 07:52 PM
WinstonAllegheneyIII
4th Gear

ARE YOU WITH ME?!!
i'm totally with you! give me the name and number. i'll get it sorted for you

Old 07-05-2012 | 07:59 PM
PMKNHD
4th Gear
Originally Posted by WinstonAllegheneyIII
i'm totally with you! give me the name and number. i'll get it sorted for you
"MINI's Take deejay's Dealer 2012"

Old 07-05-2012 | 08:30 PM
WinstonAllegheneyIII
4th Gear
I would seriously be a wreck. I'd be in tears :(

Old 07-05-2012 | 08:34 PM
PMKNHD
4th Gear
I would seriously be a wreck. I'd be in tears :(
I am in tears and I don't even know Hawkling.
I'm sure deejay will know something tomorrow!!!

Old 07-05-2012 | 09:04 PM
TELY
3rd Gear
We have one of those associations here too, they sent out letters telling people not to put in any new gardens without the associations permission. Oops, I guess I'll have to remove my cucumbers, hot and bell peppers, tomatoes, herbs etc..... Now I have to stress the thought that I might get a bad boy letter.

Now, back to the boat. Don't you want to tell the ***-ociation to kiss your poop-deck!
Yes...I doodle-ee-do!
You got a pumpkin patch in that garden???

Old 07-05-2012 | 09:17 PM
TELY
3rd Gear
Just checking on y'all! This is like a soap opera! I think this group could make a hit reality show!!!
So sorry about Hawkling!!!

Old 07-05-2012 | 10:20 PM
Card
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by amgcoupe
So those that are aboard TAIPAN, http://www.portofhueneme.org/busines...l_schedule.php

The schedule has TAIPAN on the calender finally! 15th of this month! Hopefully no more delays!

Nice to see something in print. I just hope it shows up on the radar soon. Over 9 days without an update is killing me! I want to try to catch a glimpse of it going through the Panama Canal.

Old 07-05-2012 | 10:23 PM
Btwyx
6th Gear
MARCH?
That's like it used to be. Our first one took 3.5 months to arrive, that was pretty typical back then. Some early adopters waited 6 months of more.

Old 07-05-2012 | 10:43 PM
NinjaTurtle
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by amgcoupe

Happy to help and happy to see the Taipan on the schedule!!!

Old 07-05-2012 | 11:28 PM
NinjaTurtle
3rd Gear
deejay_001...sorry that you're still dealing with the drama of not knowing where Hawkling is. Just have faith that he will show up soon and know that once he does, all of this will be a distant memory.

To brighten things up just a little, I got to the dealership to pick Raphael at 6:30 tonight and when they brought him out all clean and sparkling it was simply amazing! I don't have any decent pics because I didn't get out of there until after 9, and then I had to drive by a neighbor's house to show him off, but I'll be sure to post some tomorrow.

All I can say is I couldn't be happier and a smile is permanently affixed to my face!

Old 07-06-2012 | 04:39 AM
pezking6983
Banned
Since we are all in drama mode ...

I basically am not sure if I will be able to afford my MINI or not. I ordered a Justa with only the sport seat upgrade (I really wanted that checker pattern cloth!). I would have ordered more options, but I was already stretching myself thin by trying to get this car.

Well my car should be here in about 12 days and now my MA tells me the final price of the car. First off, I am financing through USAA instead of BMW Financial because they were able to get me a lower Interest Rate and monthly payment. Well, since the 2013's are coming out, the 2012 Justa's MSRP has been lowered to $19,500. USAA will only finance 90% of the car's worth.

My MA agreed to honor the $19,500. I have the rest of the money saved up as a down payment. Apparently, my MA thought we weren't negotiating out-the-door price and once he added tax to the car, it made it totally out of my reach. I would basically have to save up another $2,800 in cash before I pick the car up.

I don't know how I will do it, but I am damn determined. I've been drooling and obsessing over MINIs since March and I won't let this slip away from me. My plan is to eBay all the extra stuff that I don't need and have a garage sale this weekend.

Thanks for letting me blow some steam. Sorry for bringing the thread down further! I'm sure all of this will work out and all of us will forget any drama.

Old 07-06-2012 | 04:46 AM
lara
1st Gear
Booked on ship!

My mini is booked on the Tirranna, leaving Southampton tomorrow! ETA in Baltimore July 15! Yay!

Quick Reply: "Those Waiting for a 2012" Support Group