1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"Those Waiting for a 2012" Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2012, 10:39 AM
PMKNHD
4th Gear
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by amgcoupe
LOL...You guys are bad. I don't care to see the boat unless I can see my car through it

BTW, cams aren't working for me either
You just had to look didn't you?

Old 07-07-2012, 10:42 AM
amgcoupe
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by PMKNHD
You just had to look didn't you?
I was just helping Card out

Old 07-07-2012, 10:55 AM
Card
2nd Gear
I was just helping Card out
Appreciate the help.

Perhaps it is a sign I need to get on with my day! I am just happy she is getting closer to the Pacific.

Old 07-07-2012, 11:02 AM
amgcoupe
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Card
Appreciate the help.

Perhaps it is a sign I need to get on with my day! I am just happy she is getting closer to the Pacific.

5 more miles!

Old 07-07-2012, 11:14 AM
deejay_001
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by NinjaTurtle
OK...not the greatest pics...the late afternoon sun is a *****. But at least they're something!

Getting the windows tinted in the morning!
Awesome. Love it, especially the checkered carpet.

Old 07-07-2012, 11:17 AM
deejay_001
3rd Gear
Only once an hour?

BTW, I was thinking the exact same thing about technology. It was almost easier when the Taipan was out of range. I just feel bad for my family and friends for having to deal with me and my constant updates. I think they are looking forward to her arrival even more than I am so I will finally shut up.
+1 - Every day I have a daily triage call I have to be on. I'm updating them against their will nearly every day.

Old 07-07-2012, 11:18 AM
deejay_001
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by fluteboi
Oh don't you worry. I have been tracking my ship(Figaro) when it hasn't even dock at Southampton yet. It is currently doing donut outside of Southampton, waiting for a docking space I guess?

Hopefully it will dock soon!
Must have heard about those crazy mini's on the Taipan and Figaro is now having second thoughts.

Old 07-07-2012, 11:27 AM
deejay_001
3rd Gear
HAWKLING UPDATE:
got an email from my MA. Here's what he has to say to me after being off of work for a couple of days:

----------------------
I heard you talked with Shane on Thursday. Sorry about all the delays, but remember there are hundreds of cars on each boat. I looked at our DAR and we have a couple cars from your same boat that are in the exact same status of waiting to get shipped. Ill let you know as soon as anything changes.
------------------

My response:
-------------------
Yes, I called there, I called Seattle Mini, and I called Portland Mini. Why is Seattle/Tacoma area jinxed like this? People in Colorado, California, and other west coast parts recieved their cars already. People who's ships came in after Tombarra received there's. Seems like if mine has been released to carrier and the VDC does things in order, I would have gotten mine before those on the ships that came 2+ days later. This is crazy. It's been perfect weather, who knows when it'll be this nice again out here. Can't you call the trucking company to see what the hold up is?
-------------------

Old 07-07-2012, 11:33 AM
PMKNHD
4th Gear
The Figaro has officially announced that it is waiting for a MINI that hasn't made it to the port to board yet.

Something about it having to stop for lunch and a beer.

They state it belongs to someone named fluteboi.

Old 07-07-2012, 11:43 AM
PMKNHD
4th Gear
Originally Posted by deejay_001
HAWKLING UPDATE:
got an email from my MA. Here's what he has to say to me after being off of work for a couple of days:

----------------------
I heard you talked with Shane on Thursday. Sorry about all the delays, but remember there are hundreds of cars on each boat. I looked at our DAR and we have a couple cars from your same boat that are in the exact same status of waiting to get shipped. Ill let you know as soon as anything changes.
------------------

My response:
-------------------
Yes, I called there, I called Seattle Mini, and I called Portland Mini. Why is Seattle/Tacoma area jinxed like this? People in Colorado, California, and other west coast parts recieved their cars already. People who's ships came in after Tombarra received there's. Seems like if mine has been released to carrier and the VDC does things in order, I would have gotten mine before those on the ships that came 2+ days later. This is crazy. It's been perfect weather, who knows when it'll be this nice again out here. Can't you call the trucking company to see what the hold up is?
-------------------
+1000
It's my Hawkling and I need him now!

We all know that #%*~ happens, that's the nature of things.
The thing is, when you are making this kind of investment the commissions can be large. You would think our MA would do anything they can to keep up on where our MINI's are at all times. It's sad that we all figure out as much as we do when they should be the ones with all the right contacts!!!

PS. At least your MA was nice enough to take a quick glance at the computer on his desk and give you all that information.

Old 07-07-2012, 11:45 AM
NinjaTurtle
3rd Gear
Awesome. Love it, especially the checkered carpet.
Thanks! They were a bit pricey (isn't everything associated with these cars? ), but I got more for my Z28 when I sold it than I was getting as a trade so I picked up a few extras. Saw the mats in a demo on the lot and just had to have them. Still waiting on the JCW side scuttles and I need to install the strut tower brace.

Good to see you finally got a response from your MA, although he didn't really give you much information. At least you know where it is. I've dealt with trucking companies and brokers alot and even if Hawkling isn't on the road yet someone VDC should have an idea when he will be.

Old 07-07-2012, 11:50 AM
NinjaTurtle
3rd Gear
We all know that #%*~ happens, that's the nature of things.
The thing is, when you are making this kind of investment the commissions can be large. You would think our MA would do anything they can to keep up on where our MINI's are at all times. It's sad that we all figure out as much as we do when they should be the ones with all the right contacts!!!

As good as my MA was, until the end when Raph was actually at the dealer, I usually knew where he was a few days before my MA let me know.

Old 07-07-2012, 11:52 AM
NinjaTurtle
3rd Gear
The pictures look great to me but Raphael looks even better!
Congratulations Splinter!!! Can't wait to see him with the tint.

(I thought turtles were green )
Maybe Raphael is a Leaf Turtle:

Old 07-07-2012, 11:59 AM
fluteboi
2nd Gear
The Figaro has officially announced that it is waiting for a MINI that hasn't made it to the port to board yet.

Something about it having to stop for lunch and a beer.

They state it belongs to someone named fluteboi.
Haha...but status check from MINI shows that it is at the port since 6/29. I am sure my MINI is probably saying "Move out of the way, let Figaro dock right now!!"

Old 07-07-2012, 12:53 PM
Card
2nd Gear
Would it be wrong to go the dealer today and ask to take a Roadster for a test drive? It is such a beautiful day here it physically hurts not to be driving Pippa right now. Or I could go down the NW Mini and pretend I am in the market for a new car... (and check on Hawkling)

Old 07-07-2012, 12:59 PM
deejay_001
3rd Gear
Would it be wrong to go the dealer today and ask to take a Roadster for a test drive? It is such a beautiful day here it physically hurts not to be driving Pippa right now. Or I could go down the NW Mini and pretend I am in the market for a new car... (and check on Hawkling)
It's a very nice day. It hurts not to be driving Hawkling.

Old 07-07-2012, 01:07 PM
PMKNHD
4th Gear
That test drive idea sounds like a winner! It would have to be an extended one to make sure it would be a car you would truely be interested in buying!

Old 07-07-2012, 02:26 PM
amgcoupe
2nd Gear
WOOHOOO! Taipan is out of the canal! Cali here we come!

Old 07-07-2012, 02:30 PM
TELY
3rd Gear
Yes, I've got a pumpkin patch. It's called a garage!

Old 07-07-2012, 02:35 PM
TELY
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by NinjaTurtle
OK...not the greatest pics...the late afternoon sun is a *****. But at least they're something!

Getting the windows tinted in the morning!
Nice!!! LOVE the interior!! Have fun!

Old 07-07-2012, 02:41 PM
TELY
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by WinstonAllegheneyIII
Got home after a stress free delivery. I absolutely LOVE Winston! I, like TELY, have a permanent grin on my face and a warm, fuzzy feeling in my stomach.

I have to give my dealer credit where credit is due. They were just wonderful!

Oh how I enjoyed my ride home through some fun twisties! The only thing to put a damper on the afternoon was that it rained. I normally would not want Winston in the rain but we really need the rain with all our wildfires here in CO.

I took a few iPhone pics but don't feel like turning the computer on lol. Will post a few tomorrow after I detail him again lol

Hey, is there any update on HAWKLING?!?!
I look forward to the mundane trips to the grocery store now! The other day I came home from running an errand and actually said "that drive was way too short."
So happy Winston is home and I know you are thrilled!
Oh....and my experience with the dealer was good too! My husband was very pleased with how laid back the closing was. The finance guy wasn't pushy and everything ran smoothly. We didn't add any extended warranties or coverage at the closing...just smiled and said no, no, no thank you. We are still considering purchasing the extended warranty and service plan, but we can add those later if we want. My MA has been great! He waited patiently for 2 years for my purchase! I should take him a bottle of wine...or something stronger!

Last edited by TELY; 07-07-2012 at 02:51 PM. Reason: added more
Old 07-07-2012, 02:44 PM
PMKNHD
4th Gear
deejay_001

Just a thought - I'll bet if your dealership got a call from the BBB about a lack of cooperation complaint they would find out exactly where Hawkling is.
I know, I'm so mean!

Old 07-07-2012, 03:16 PM
NinjaTurtle
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by TELY
I look forward to the mundane trips to the grocery store now! The other day I came home from running an errand and actually said "that drive was way too short."
+1

So happy Winston is home and I know you are thrilled!
+1

Oh....and my experience with the dealer was good too! My wife was very pleased with how laid back the closing was. The finance guy wasn't pushy and everything ran smoothly. We didn't add any extended warranties or coverage at the closing...just smiled and said no, no, no thank you.
+1

Thanks TELY! You made this post really easy for me!

Old 07-07-2012, 03:23 PM
gerry2153
4th Gear
WOOHOOO! Taipan is out of the canal! Cali here we come!
Headed out of the bay towards open ocean....

But we are gonna loose tracking quickly and probably wont appear till they hit Cali

Time for a good beer and

Old 07-07-2012, 03:58 PM
NinjaTurtle
3rd Gear
Tinted!

Quick Reply: "Those Waiting for a 2012" Support Group