1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"Those Waiting for a 2012" Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2012 | 05:34 AM
WinstonAllegheneyIII
4th Gear
Originally Posted by deejay_001
Ohh by the way....... nevermind
Waiting to hear your decision is like waiting for the season finale cliffhanger we're here! We're all waiting patiently to hear your decision regarding HAWKLING??

Old 07-11-2012 | 05:36 AM
WinstonAllegheneyIII
4th Gear
Originally Posted by PMKNHD
I'm trying really hard to not ask that which I'm not asking!
Ditto, but I think I actually just asked in another post

Old 07-11-2012 | 06:54 AM
PMKNHD
4th Gear
Well, maybe today there will be a good update for He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named.

Old 07-11-2012 | 09:03 AM
pdoel
3rd Gear
Welcome to America Waldo!

Attached Thumbnails "Those Waiting for a 2012" Support Group-aniara_baltimore.jpg  
Old 07-11-2012 | 09:33 AM
TELY
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by WinstonAllegheneyIII
Waiting to hear your decision is like waiting for the season finale cliffhanger we're here! We're all waiting patiently to hear your decision regarding HAWKLING??
+1!
Oh....the suspense!!!

Old 07-11-2012 | 09:37 AM
TELY
3rd Gear
Well, maybe today there will be a good update for He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named.
"He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named." Bwaaa hahahahaha!!!
I think what we should be asking is...will Hawkling be "the chosen one?"

Old 07-11-2012 | 09:41 AM
PMKNHD
4th Gear
Originally Posted by pdoel

Old 07-11-2012 | 09:42 AM
TELY
3rd Gear
should we make a new thread?

What will we ever do when Deejay's saga is over? We need to start a new thread...."those who finally got their 2012's" support group. I posted a "hello, glad to meet y'all" on the True Blue thread...and .....nothing. You guys are much more entertaining.

Old 07-11-2012 | 09:44 AM
PMKNHD
4th Gear
Originally Posted by TELY
"He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named." Bwaaa hahahahaha!!!
I think what we should be asking is...will Hawkling be "the chosen one?"
You crack me up!

Hawkling is more like Frodo Baggins, he put on the damn ring and disappeared!

Old 07-11-2012 | 09:46 AM
TELY
3rd Gear
You crack me up!

Frodo....that's a good MINI name.

Old 07-11-2012 | 09:48 AM
PMKNHD
4th Gear
What will we ever do when Deejay's saga is over? We need to start a new thread...."those who finally got their 2012's" support group. I posted a "hello, glad to meet y'all" on the True Blue thread...and .....nothing. You guys are much more entertaining.
The thread would have to be All those waiting on Hawkling support group!
I can't believe I'm still on this thread but like you I find the people here are entertaining and enjoy each others conversation.

Besides I can't stalk Hawkling on the Spice Orange Owners thread!!!

Old 07-11-2012 | 11:16 AM
WinstonAllegheneyIII
4th Gear
The other threads are boring. Let's just keep this one going lol. Bad news everyone: on my way down to town to have Winston's paint protector applied, I picked up an unwanted hitchhiker... A rock! No, not Dwayne Johnson :( a big rock that another car shot at Winston's windshield and BAM! Crack! Split! OMG! Thank goodness I bought the windshield warranty. After I stopped blubbering and gained my composure back I called my dealer and told them the situation. I'm supposed to be in Boulder tonight for MINI's take the states?!?! They are replacing my windshield as I type this. They are so awesome. I love my dealership!

Deejay, are you out there!? HELLLLooooooooo ooooooo oooooo (echoing) lol

Old 07-11-2012 | 11:24 AM
WinstonAllegheneyIII
4th Gear
Originally Posted by pdoel
Congratulations!

Old 07-11-2012 | 11:24 AM
TELY
3rd Gear
The other threads are boring. Let's just keep this one going lol. Bad news everyone: on my way down to town to have Winston's paint protector applied, I picked up an unwanted hitchhiker... A rock! No, not Dwayne Johnson :( a big rock that another car shot at Winston's windshield and BAM! Crack! Split! OMG! Thank goodness I bought the windshield warranty. After I stopped blubbering and gained my composure back I called my dealer and told them the situation. I'm supposed to be in Boulder tonight for MINI's take the states?!?! They are replacing my windshield as I type this. They are so awesome. I love my dealership!

OMG!!! I would die!!!
Glad you had that warranty!

Old 07-11-2012 | 11:26 AM
WinstonAllegheneyIII
4th Gear
You crack me up!

Should we be worried if deejay starts calling Hawkling, "MYYYYY PRECIOUSSSSSSSSSSSS?"

Old 07-11-2012 | 11:31 AM
TELY
3rd Gear
Should we be worried if deejay starts calling Hawkling, "MYYYYY PRECIOUSSSSSSSSSSSS?"

Deejay's ears should really be ringing today!!!!

Old 07-11-2012 | 12:33 PM
NinjaTurtle
3rd Gear

That's my biggest fear every day when I'm motoring to and from work. I drove my Camaro for 12 years and didn't crack the windshield until a month before I sold it, but now I feel like a rock magnet!

Old 07-11-2012 | 01:07 PM
NinjaTurtle
3rd Gear
We're the last of our breed!

Old 07-11-2012 | 01:23 PM
kanakaboy92
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by NinjaTurtle
Tinted!

Originally Posted by NinjaTurtle
OK...not the greatest pics...the late afternoon sun is a *****. But at least they're something!

Getting the windows tinted in the morning!
Congrats! I hope everything is going well with Raphael!! Good choice of color btw

Tint looks sharp!
Similar interior as mine..

Maybe we'll see each other around SoCal sometime!
and go join SCMM and WCM!

Congrats again!

Old 07-11-2012 | 02:02 PM
WinstonAllegheneyIII
4th Gear
Windshield warranty only replaces aftermarket and I asked for OEM

Old 07-11-2012 | 02:16 PM
PMKNHD
4th Gear

Old 07-11-2012 | 02:31 PM
PMKNHD
4th Gear
Windshield warranty only replaces aftermarket and I asked for OEM
DOH!!!
Does that aftermarket void the warranty?
Just kidding, a good question would be if your insurance covered the windshield without a deductable and if so would that have been OEM (Saint Gobain?)

This I found over at MINI2.com from 2008 it's British but made me think:

Joogle:
Im with MINI insurance, as they guarantee to use only Genuine parts I got a genuine screen last time around, no problems at all - excellent service.

Had problems with the previous insurers on my last Car when that needed a screen, I wanted OEM parts because I had heard about the sealing problems & the A panel covers used were tending to not look quite right and in a few cases come off. My Insurer was insisting on a non-OEM screen unless I paid the difference. (Around another £75) So I looked into what it would cost doing it myself, I spoke direct with Autoglass (Who were booked to do the job) and they gave me all the options/prices, turns out it was actually cheaper, easier and quicker for them to source/use a Genuine screen than to try and get a non OEM one. Phoned back the insurers explaining this, they spoke to Autoglass & authorised a Genuine screen & fittings on the spot. Everything came from the local MINI dealers, all with receipts to Autoglass for them to fit. (Who fit the dealers screens etc) But it was down to me doing the chasing not the insurers.....

Old 07-11-2012 | 02:37 PM
tmomini
1st Gear
I've been following the 'Hawkling' saga in silence, but I had to add my own $0.02 for poor Deejay...during the wait, I went on a long road trip thru the high country in CO & NM, and for much of the trip I was second guessing my newly ordered Justa - too small, not enough HP, not practical...etc., etc. Well, that's crazy talk I have since realized once I got home, and back to my commute...so here I am, patiently waiting another week or so for 'Sedona' (now named!) and couldn't be happier about it. The moral of my story, is that 'Sedona' will be more than worth the wait! I'm so sorry to hear that Hawkling has gone MIA, but I am SURE that when he shows up, you will be both happy and grateful to meet him. So keep your head down, and your spirits up - he will be worth the wait!

Old 07-11-2012 | 02:59 PM
WinstonAllegheneyIII
4th Gear
Originally Posted by tmomini
I've been following the 'Hawkling' saga in silence, but I had to add my own $0.02 for poor Deejay...during the wait, I went on a long road trip thru the high country in CO & NM, and for much of the trip I was second guessing my newly ordered Justa - too small, not enough HP, not practical...etc., etc. Well, that's crazy talk I have since realized once I got home, and back to my commute...so here I am, patiently waiting another week or so for 'Sedona' (now named!) and couldn't be happier about it. The moral of my story, is that 'Sedona' will be more than worth the wait! I'm so sorry to hear that Hawkling has gone MIA, but I am SURE that when he shows up, you will be both happy and grateful to meet him. So keep your head down, and your spirits up - he will be worth the wait!

Old 07-11-2012 | 05:26 PM
fluteboi
2nd Gear
Just want to share with you guys a video I found while I am eating popcorn waiting for my MINI.

It is a video from a sailor on a car carrier ship and the ship happens to carry MINIs too. Interesting to see what my MINI's ride from England is like. Maybe someone will recognize their MINI? The video is from 2007 according to the date in the video.

Enjoy....and my wait continues....

Quick Reply: "Those Waiting for a 2012" Support Group