1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"Those Waiting for a 2012" Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2012 | 09:16 AM
Vapok
|
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Card
Please don't totally abandon those of us still waiting. We need your support for this final leg of the journey!
No fear.. we're still here... and ready to provide support... =)

No 2012 will be left behind. Well, except for Hawkling who we'll need to figure out who the owner of that one will end up being and pass along his journey to his new owner. =)

Old 07-12-2012 | 09:20 AM
WinstonAllegheneyIII
4th Gear
Please don't totally abandon those of us still waiting. We need your support for this final leg of the journey!
Of course we won't abandon you all still waiting! I personally felt like my recent posts weren't affiliated with the "waiting for" thread and I didn't want to be a menace on that thread with my woes (ie cracked windshields)

Old 07-12-2012 | 09:40 AM
fluteboi
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Vapok
No fear.. we're still here... and ready to provide support... =)

No 2012 will be left behind. Well, except for Hawkling who we'll need to figure out who the owner of that one will end up being and pass along his journey to his new owner. =)

and congrats to deejay. Glad this terrible experience is over for you. Just curious, did you get Purrl from the same dealership you ordered Hawkling from or a different one? If I were you, I don't know if I can give them my business again for not being more helpful tracking down Hawkling. I usually don't hold grudges, but it is a MINI we are talking about here!!

Old 07-12-2012 | 09:44 AM
PMKNHD
4th Gear
Congratulations deejay and welcome Purrl!!!!

While I propose we have a moment of silence for Hawkling, Purrl is quite the beauty and a lovely addition to your family. I am sure she will bring you many miles of motoring enjoyment.

(I do wonder if we will ever find out what really happen to poor lil' Hawkling...)
I'll tell you what happened to Hawkling, it was Purrl! That home wrecking *&^% snuck on the ship and cut through his bindings. I wouldn't put it past her to have pushed him overboard. She's done this before, they don't call her the Maniac Ms. MINI for nothing!

Old 07-12-2012 | 09:46 AM
PMKNHD
4th Gear
Originally Posted by xenor
New member and first time Mini owner/orderer here.

2012 Mini Countryman S - Crystal Silver w/Body Colored Roof/Mirrors, 17" Silver Alloy Wheels, Carbon Black Interior, Piano Black Console Bits, Xenon Headlights, Sunroof

Ordered July 9th, 2012
Congratulations and welcome to the nuthouse!

Old 07-12-2012 | 09:47 AM
PMKNHD
4th Gear
Originally Posted by deejay_001
i really really hope you don't have to go through what i went through.
+1

Old 07-12-2012 | 09:50 AM
PMKNHD
4th Gear
deejay....

What's the grille badge say?

EDIT: Also.. did the dealership give you the stuffed bulldog? Cause.. Awesome. =)
The Hampton grille badge is 50th Anniversary.

Old 07-12-2012 | 09:55 AM
WinstonAllegheneyIII
4th Gear
Originally Posted by PMKNHD
I'll tell you what happened to Hawkling, it was Purrl! That home wrecking *&^% snuck on the ship and cut through his bindings. I wouldn't put it past her to have pushed him overboard. She's done this before, they don't call her the Maniac Ms. MINI for nothing!

Old 07-12-2012 | 09:56 AM
PMKNHD
4th Gear
See you around Card!

Bahaa ha ha ha ha mwah ha ha ha ha ha (I cant change the size of the font so you'll have to imagine I'm getting further away ) ha ha ha ha ha!!!

Old 07-12-2012 | 10:10 AM
Card
2nd Gear
See you around Card!

Bahaa ha ha ha ha mwah ha ha ha ha ha (I cant change the size of the font so you'll have to imagine I'm getting further away ) ha ha ha ha ha!!!
I appriciate the love. Don't worry, I know where you are going and hope to be there in 2 weeks. Just try to hide... muhahahahah!

Thank you everyone else for the continued support.

Old 07-12-2012 | 10:52 AM
fluteboi
2nd Gear
See you around Card!

Old 07-12-2012 | 10:58 AM
WinstonAllegheneyIII
4th Gear
I appriciate the love. Don't worry, I know where you are going and hope to be there in 2 weeks. Just try to hide... muhahahahah!

Thank you everyone else for the continued support.
Where is PMKNHD headed?

Old 07-12-2012 | 11:13 AM
TELY
3rd Gear
Hmmmmmm....what's this "multi-quote" thingy do????

+1
+2

U n b e l i e v a b l e !

But aren't we all having such fun not driving our MINI's!
While Pumpkinhead and Winston were awaiting their services, Viv and I have been tearing it up in the Texas rain!

Originally Posted by razz
Uh-oh...I think this video may give us clue as to what may have happened to Hawkling!
Whoa! those MINIs are really crammed in there!!!

[quote=deejay_001;3548385]Ahhhhhh gotcha. So, if you've got kids around please cover their eyes now....
It is with great pleasure that I can now finally introduce you all to Purrl - please make her feel welcomed. She is still not fully clothed but we have ting and rocker panel appointments coming soon:

Here she is paying her respects to Hawkling:

Purrl is such a beauty! So happy for you...enjoy!!! PMKNHD said it...Purrl is Hawkling's angel!

*moment of silence for Hawkling*

Originally Posted by deejay_001
I do need to email them and let them know to F-off though so I'll do that tomorrow.
BEST LINE EVER!!!

Originally Posted by WinstonAllegheneyIII
for all of us who FINALLY got their MINI's (by popular demand):

https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...ml#post3548620
Great!!! Thanks for setting that up!!! Let the ranting and raving and bragging carry on!!! Here's to many more FUN stories in our future and LESS drama!!! OK...well, the drama was fun too...

We're here for you! This forum is the best!

Oh....I heard that my MINI dealer is offering $750 credit on some MINIs...if you are expecting delivery soon, check with your dealer....MINI should extend any new offers available at your deliivery!!!

Congratulations and welcome to the nuthouse!
+1

[QUOTE=Card;3548735]I appriciate the love. Don't worry, I know where you are going and hope to be there in 2 weeks. Just try to hide... muhahahahah!

See you soon!!! It is worth the wait!!!

Old 07-12-2012 | 11:17 AM
TELY
3rd Gear
Where is PMKNHD headed?
He's just messing with Card about leaving this thread for your new one....and Card "knows where to find him".

Old 07-12-2012 | 11:33 AM
WinstonAllegheneyIII
4th Gear
Originally Posted by TELY
He's just messing with Card about leaving this thread for your new one....and Card "knows where to find him".
oh, duh... sorry lol... went right over my head

Old 07-12-2012 | 12:07 PM
NinjaTurtle
3rd Gear
EDIT: Also.. did the dealership give you the stuffed bulldog? Cause.. Awesome. =)

Old 07-12-2012 | 01:16 PM
All4mini
2nd Gear
The wife ordered her Countryman on June 30 and it already awaiting a ride from Oxford to Portland, OR where we will pick her up. Wife has already told me not to expect much wheel time on the 1800 mile trip home - It should be broken in good by then -
Now she wants to know which ship it will be on and where it will dock in the USA. Told her Calif. then a long truck ride to Portland. She is not to happy about that.
To make things worse, once she gets it home it is 300 miles to the closest service center - let's hope it does not need it that often.

Old 07-12-2012 | 01:54 PM
Chili_Dog
Neutral
Hello! I've been lurking here for a few weeks now and finally decided to join the fun. I have an S Coupe on order which is aboard the Taipan. It sounds like my Ollie is in good company on his long journey here. Cheers everyone!

Old 07-12-2012 | 02:06 PM
WinstonAllegheneyIII
4th Gear
Originally Posted by Chili_Dog
Hello! I've been lurking here for a few weeks now and finally decided to join the fun. I have an S Coupe on order which is aboard the Taipan. It sounds like my Ollie is in good company on his long journey here. Cheers everyone!
Cheers!

Old 07-12-2012 | 03:41 PM
Card
2nd Gear

Welcome! I am sure Ollie is having a great with quite a few of us here. Where is your final destination?

Old 07-12-2012 | 03:49 PM
Chili_Dog
Neutral
Welcome! I am sure Ollie is having a great with quite a few of us here. Where is your final destination?
Thanks! Once he is released from the VDC, Ollie will be on his way to Phoenix. I'll have to meet him there then drive him back to Tucson! The wait is finally starting to get to me. So excited!

Old 07-12-2012 | 05:58 PM
gerry2153
4th Gear
Thanks! Once he is released from the VDC, Ollie will be on his way to Phoenix. I'll have to meet him there then drive him back to Tucson! The wait is finally starting to get to me. So excited!
Welcome to the group - its getting close - it should come back on radar soon and I think is scheduled to dock on monday (?)....

I'm thinking that I will be the last one on the truck cause they are installing my JCW goodies... anyone else gonna be slow to leave ... hopefully no damage repairs or anyone MIA

Old 07-12-2012 | 06:41 PM
The Angry Pumkin
2nd Gear
Hey pumpkinhead still no change as of tonight when I checked both sites:(

Old 07-12-2012 | 07:05 PM
WinstonAllegheneyIII
4th Gear
Pumpkinhead has been quiet today. He usually comes out at night when it gets dark mwah hawhawhaw haaaaaaa (creepy laugh)

Old 07-12-2012 | 07:22 PM
TELY
3rd Gear
Pumpkinhead has been quiet today. He usually comes out at night when it gets dark mwah hawhawhaw haaaaaaa (creepy laugh)

Quick Reply: "Those Waiting for a 2012" Support Group