1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"Those Waiting for a 2012" Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2012 | 01:50 PM
PMKNHD
4th Gear
Originally Posted by WinstonAllegheneyIII
Pumpkinhead has been quiet today. He usually comes out at night when it gets dark mwah hawhawhaw haaaaaaa (creepy laugh)
That's right, as a good Pumpkinhead should!

Old 07-13-2012 | 01:51 PM
pdoel
3rd Gear
So, who wants to help me become the ultimate stalker?

My Countryman is currently at the Baltimore VDC. I would assume it'll be there for a few days to a week.

I just found out I need to go to Baltimore for work, and will be there Sunday - Wednesday.

I need to find out where the VDC is, and if it's possible to at least walk around and see it in a lot, or see it through a fence, or from the roof of a nearby building.

Old 07-13-2012 | 01:54 PM
PMKNHD
4th Gear
Originally Posted by deejay_001
Actually, the stripes and mirror are not black. They're a maroon and black stripe pattern. Here's a pic:
Don't they call those laser stripe graphics or something like that?

They do help to make the appearance of the Hampton unique. Love the wheels too!

Old 07-13-2012 | 01:58 PM
PMKNHD
4th Gear
Originally Posted by TELY
I got nada...nothing...zilch!

Hey....do you know anything about a MINI goody bag that comes in the mail after you purchase a MINI? I saw a thread about that somewhere?????
Same here, nothing. I did hear about the goodie bag though. Don't know what it consists of but I did get an email to take a survey about my experience.

Old 07-13-2012 | 02:19 PM
Vapok
|
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by pdoel

My Countryman is currently at the Baltimore VDC. I would assume it'll be there for a few days to a week.

I just found out I need to go to Baltimore for work, and will be there Sunday - Wednesday.

I need to find out where the VDC is, and if it's possible to at least walk around and see it in a lot, or see it through a fence, or from the roof of a nearby building.
WW docks here in Baltimore:
https://maps.google.com/maps?q=Balti...yland&t=h&z=18

BMW Shares a Vehicle Processing Plant with Mercdes Benz located here:
https://maps.google.com/maps?q=2900+...and+21226&z=20

Information for the Plant:
Mercedes-Benz Baltimore Vehicle Processing Center (VPC)
2900 Childs Street
Baltimore, MD 21226
E-mail: boudalist@mbusa.com
Telephone: 410-355-1834
Cell: 201-310-1371
Fax: 410-355-8835

News Statement about the 5 year Agreement with BMW and Mercdes: http://www.mdot.maryland.gov/News/20...ewBMWatPOB.htm

And it also looks like they park the MINI's HERE: https://maps.google.com/maps?q=2900+...and+21226&z=20

Old 07-13-2012 | 02:54 PM
razz
3rd Gear
To prove you are truly worthy of being known as a "true stalker" in this thread, you must abide by the following:

1. stalk incessively
2. not be able to sleep at night
3. drive your other half (if applicable) crazy by constantly talking about stalking the ship
4. call "ask mini" several times per day (sometimes for no reason)
5. post a photo of the ship going through the panama canal on this thread

6. Download the MarineTraffic app to your smartphone so you can check your ship's position during meetings and while at restaurants, ball games, etc.

Old 07-13-2012 | 03:21 PM
lara
1st Gear
Oh no.... I drive like 2 miles away from the vdc on my way home from work. And my car arrives at the port Monday on the Tirranna. I think I will need to go home a different way to stop thinking about how close Skyrider will be to me!

Originally Posted by Vapok

2900 Childs Street
Baltimore, MD 21226

News Statement about the 5 year Agreement with BMW and Mercdes: http://www.mdot.maryland.gov/News/20...ewBMWatPOB.htm

And it also looks like they park the MINI's HERE: https://maps.google.com/maps?q=2900+...and+21226&z=20

Old 07-13-2012 | 03:53 PM
NinjaTurtle
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by PMKNHD
Same here, nothing. I did hear about the goodie bag though. Don't know what it consists of but I did get an email to take a survey about my experience.
My MA did give me a bag with some goodies when I picked up Raph...a water bottle, 4(!) key chains, a hat, and of course, a BULLDOG!!!

Old 07-13-2012 | 04:26 PM
PMKNHD
4th Gear
Pardon me for sounding bitter but, if it weren't for me winning 6 years worth of back-pay from disability that the government did all they could to keep me from getting there would be no Pumpkinhead. I paid in full, in the neighborhood $48,000.
What did I get or have I gotten from my dealer or MINI USA? Not a ^%*ing thing!!!!
Scratch the above, according to my bank statement what I did get is charged $96.03 for the loaner I had from Monday till Thursday.
Thank you Classic MINI, thank you MINI USA, you saw my money and ran!

PS. Thank you too US Government for sticking it to me long enough to buy Pumpkinhead a vehicle in which I no longer have to operate a clutch with a fused ankle and trashed spine whilst still being able to enjoy a spirited drive.

PPS. I think next time I'll finance, maybe then they'll show some appreciation for the sale.

Last edited by PMKNHD; 07-13-2012 at 09:13 PM.
Old 07-13-2012 | 05:26 PM
pdoel
3rd Gear
Thanks for the info, but I won't need it. Just got an email from my MA. My Countryman arrived at the dealership today! I get to pick it up on Thursday!

Originally Posted by Vapok

2900 Childs Street
Baltimore, MD 21226

Old 07-13-2012 | 05:26 PM
TELY
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by NinjaTurtle
My MA did give me a bag with some goodies when I picked up Raph...a water bottle, 4(!) key chains, a hat, and of course, a BULLDOG!!!
in my best Napoleon Dynamite impersonation...
"luckeeeeeeeeeee."

Old 07-13-2012 | 05:42 PM
PMKNHD
4th Gear
Thanks for the info, but I won't need it. Just got an email from my MA. My Countryman arrived at the dealership today! I get to pick it up on Thursday!
Congratulations!
Here's your last bag

Old 07-13-2012 | 06:55 PM
The Angry Pumkin
2nd Gear
That's strange, I don't know what to tell you. There should be something definitive by now.
Just checked WW again and I am now Booked on another ship!

But get this my Mini's B-Day is July 4th and it's now going to cross the pond on the Independence II LMAO

Old 07-13-2012 | 07:05 PM
sixer
2nd Gear
Should be getting my mcs any week now when the new local dealership opens. Was lucky enough for them to put my custom order in with their initial inventory so it will be there opening day :-). About a month extra wait than going to another dealer, but I would much rather support the local guy as well as a better price ;-)

Old 07-13-2012 | 08:57 PM
PMKNHD
4th Gear
Originally Posted by The Angry Pumkin
Just checked WW again and I am now Booked on another ship!

But get this my Mini's B-Day is July 4th and it's now going to cross the pond on the Independence II LMAO
Great news!
▀▄▀▄▀▄ cσηgяαтυℓαтισηs ση үσυя ραтяισтιc мιηι ▄▀▄▀▄▀

Old 07-13-2012 | 08:59 PM
PMKNHD
4th Gear
Originally Posted by sixer
Should be getting my mcs any week now when the new local dealership opens. Was lucky enough for them to put my custom order in with their initial inventory so it will be there opening day :-). About a month extra wait than going to another dealer, but I would much rather support the local guy as well as a better price ;-)
Nothing wrong with keeping your money in town and in your pocket!

Old 07-13-2012 | 11:00 PM
WinstonAllegheneyIII
4th Gear

Old 07-13-2012 | 11:02 PM
WinstonAllegheneyIII
4th Gear
Originally Posted by razz
6. Download the MarineTraffic app to your smartphone so you can check your ship's position during meetings and while at restaurants, ball games, etc.

Old 07-13-2012 | 11:03 PM
WinstonAllegheneyIII
4th Gear
Originally Posted by NinjaTurtle
I think I need to go back and demand a bulldog

Old 07-13-2012 | 11:08 PM
TELY
3rd Gear
I think I need to go back and demand a bulldog
Me too, sista!

Old 07-13-2012 | 11:13 PM
WinstonAllegheneyIII
4th Gear
I don't think you sound bitter. We are here to listen to you vent and provide you support when needed. I didn't get any goodies either. What I did get is a car that I truly love to drive. Winston makes me smile, as I'm sure pumpkinhead does for you.

Why did you have to pay for your loaner?

Pardon me for sounding bitter but, if it weren't for me winning 6 years worth of back-pay from disability that the government did all they could to keep me from getting there would be no Pumpkinhead. I paid in full, in the neighborhood $48,000.
What did I get or have I gotten from my dealer or MINI USA? Not a ^%*ing thing!!!!
Scratch the above, according to my bank statement what I did get is charged $96.03 for the loaner I had from Monday till Thursday.
Thank you Classic MINI, thank you MINI USA, you saw my money and ran!

PS. Thank you too US Government for sticking it to me long enough to buy Pumpkinhead a vehicle in which I no longer have to operate a clutch with a fused ankle and trashed spine whilst still being able to enjoy a spirited drive.

PPS. I think next time I'll finance, maybe then they'll show some appreciation for the sale.

Old 07-13-2012 | 11:19 PM
WinstonAllegheneyIII
4th Gear
Pmknhd, you DO know that these dealers make money off the financing deals... AND the extras they sell like extended maintenance, warranty, tint, mask, etc. They especially make lots on the extended warranties. No surprise you didn't get any free swag (because you didn't finance). I'm also going to assume didn't sell you many extras. My car was a little less than yours... I think about $45,000 and the only extra I got was windshield warranty. Maybe that's why I didn't get any free swag

Old 07-14-2012 | 07:57 AM
PMKNHD
4th Gear
Pmknhd, you DO know that these dealers make money off the financing deals... AND the extras they sell like extended maintenance, warranty, tint, mask, etc. They especially make lots on the extended warranties. No surprise you didn't get any free swag (because you didn't finance). I'm also going to assume didn't sell you many extras. My car was a little less than yours... I think about $45,000 and the only extra I got was windshield warranty. Maybe that's why I didn't get any free swag
I bought 2 hats, rubber mats, 2 license plate frames, wheel locks, racing jacket and the garbage bag.

I can't even wear the racing jacket until I loose some weight, skinny little Brits! The waist is tapered in like it might have fit in my teens or 20's.

I am being reimbursed for the loaner. They said it was because I took the coverage so that if something happened it wouldn't go against my insurance deductible. Oh yes, and that I smoked in the car. I guess that little leprechaun under the seat saw me take a hit off of my electric cigarette and thought it was real.

Old 07-14-2012 | 08:37 AM
PMKNHD
4th Gear
I guess I'm going to have to find a stuffed Pumpkinhead to be my companion!

Old 07-14-2012 | 11:20 AM
WinstonAllegheneyIII
4th Gear
I guess I'm going to have to find a stuffed Pumpkinhead to be my companion!

Quick Reply: "Those Waiting for a 2012" Support Group