1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"Those Waiting for a 2012" Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2012, 09:39 PM
WinstonAllegheneyIII
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TELY
I want swag.
You didn't get any either? I'll see what I can conjure up at minis in the mountains ;-)

Old 07-25-2012, 09:43 PM
WinstonAllegheneyIII
4th Gear
Originally Posted by mcdwlove
Hi all! I am a newbie. I just ordered my black CM Cooper yesterday! It's been 1 day and I am already impatient! In the meantime I need to come up with a name for my baby. Looking forward to talking with you all.
Don't try too hard on a name. It'll come to you (or the consensus here will just pick one for you). We're also good at spending everyone else's money welcome to the madhouse. It's fun in here

Old 07-26-2012, 01:53 AM
deejay_001
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by WinstonAllegheneyIII
I hear a hawk outside... maybe that's Pumpkinhead circling over - or is it, no, it can't be... is it a HAWKLING??????
Hawkling had a broken wing.

Old 07-26-2012, 01:57 AM
deejay_001
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by gerry2153
Almost.....
Got a call from my MA - it appears that the service grunts had attached the front license plate frame on the center of the bumper- even though there were instructions not to do it because I planned to use the tow hook spot to mount the front plate...

So now there are two holes in my new bumper....

I emailed him back and said that they needed to make it right -since they screwed up... I suggested the find another Midnight Black and swap the bumper skin...

Got a email back that they were half done with the swap

So it should be perfect

Drama Drama Drama
Drama makes the world go round. So, no hassle with removing and adding a bumper. Hmmmmmmmmm..... Look close at the paint over that area.

Old 07-26-2012, 02:01 AM
deejay_001
3rd Gear
Hi all! I am a newbie. I just ordered my black CM Cooper yesterday! It's been 1 day and I am already impatient! In the meantime I need to come up with a name for my baby. Looking forward to talking with you all.
Congrats. The has just begun. Repeat these words and you'll be welcomed with open arms:
Hi my name is ____ and I'm a mini stalker

Old 07-26-2012, 02:04 AM
deejay_001
3rd Gear
Don't try too hard on a name. It'll come to you (or the consensus here will just pick one for you). We're also good at spending everyone else's money welcome to the madhouse. It's fun in here

Old 07-26-2012, 02:11 PM
charliesheena
1st Gear
Is anyone else on Figaro heading to Port Hueneme? My status on W&W says Liner Release and Customs Release? Does that mean it's here??

LINER RELEASE PORT HUENEME, CA 25-07-2012 17:06:37
CUSTOMS RELEASE PORT HUENEME, CA 25-07-2012 00:00:00

Old 07-26-2012, 02:14 PM
WinstonAllegheneyIII
4th Gear
Originally Posted by charliesheena
Is anyone else on Figaro heading to Port Hueneme? My status on W&W says Liner Release and Customs Release? Does that mean it's here??

It seems that way to me but when I track in on marinetraffic.com it says it's "underway?"

Old 07-26-2012, 02:19 PM
charliesheena
1st Gear
It seems that way to me but when I track in on marinetraffic.com it says it's "underway?"

WAHHHHHH..... THE FINAL DAYS ARE THE WORST DAYS OF THE WAIT....

My adviser said that it wasn't here yet then I sent him a screen shot from W&W and he said he doesn't know what that means. SMH

After that I still have to wait for them to install the JCW kit but whatever.. haha.. Maybe I can camp out at Mini of Monrovia and just wait for the truck to arrive?

Old 07-26-2012, 02:23 PM
WinstonAllegheneyIII
4th Gear
WAHHHHHH..... THE FINAL DAYS ARE THE WORST DAYS OF THE WAIT....

My adviser said that it wasn't here yet then I sent him a screen shot from W&W and he said he doesn't know what that means. SMH

After that I still have to wait for them to install the JCW kit but whatever.. haha.. Maybe I can camp out at Mini of Monrovia and just wait for the truck to arrive?
Funny you should say that. I was at the Honda dealership right next door to MINI (servicing the Honda) and when I was leaving, a Waggonner Trucking truck was pulling into MINI and I just knew Winston was on there. Turns out I was right! :-)

Don't worry. Relax, eat some popcorn (not your fingernails). But if you do eat your fingernails to their quicks, they will have a long time to recover because once you start driving your new MINI you will never want to stop driving

Old 07-26-2012, 02:49 PM
fluteboi
2nd Gear

Looks like me and you are the only 2 on Figaro. It is kind of weird that W&W says Liner Release and Customs Release. According to schedule, Figaro should dock at Port H on 7/28. So 2 more days!! I am just as anxious as you are.

In the mean time, you can go back a couple pages and check out the pics I posted when Figaro passed by the Panama Canal.

You running out of popcorn yet?

Old 07-26-2012, 02:52 PM
fluteboi
2nd Gear
After talking to my friend yesterday, he's got me thinking about not having the front license plate hole drilled. I certainly like the look without the plate, but I also do not want the hassle of sticking the front plate on when I park on the street and remember to remove them when I get back in the car.

Should I ask my dealer to not drill them or no?

Old 07-26-2012, 03:29 PM
charliesheena
1st Gear
Originally Posted by fluteboi
After talking to my friend yesterday, he's got me thinking about not having the front license plate hole drilled. I certainly like the look without the plate, but I also do not want the hassle of sticking the front plate on when I park on the street and remember to remove them when I get back in the car.

I parked my car on the street constantly and left only my dealer plate on in the back for 1 year as well as my 2010 BMW. Never once did anyone bother me. ::knock on wood:: DONT DRILL THE HOLES :(

Old 07-26-2012, 03:31 PM
charliesheena
1st Gear
Looks like me and you are the only 2 on Figaro. It is kind of weird that W&W says Liner Release and Customs Release. According to schedule, Figaro should dock at Port H on 7/28. So 2 more days!! I am just as anxious as you are.

In the mean time, you can go back a couple pages and check out the pics I posted when Figaro passed by the Panama Canal.

You running out of popcorn yet?
What dealership did you order from??

Old 07-26-2012, 04:41 PM
fluteboi
2nd Gear
What dealership did you order from??
MINI of Ontario

Old 07-26-2012, 09:39 PM
mcdwlove
2nd Gear
Thanks for the welcome. It's been fun so far and nice to hear others are as anxious as I am! I finally figured out a name! My baby will be called Brixton or Sir Brixton as I like to call him.

Congrats. The has just begun. Repeat these words and you'll be welcomed with open arms:
Hi my name is ____ and I'm a mini stalker
You are right! It's been 2 days and I've already called ASK MINI several times so it is official...I am a MINI stalker!

Old 07-26-2012, 09:48 PM
WinstonAllegheneyIII
4th Gear
Thanks for the welcome. It's been fun so far and nice to hear others are as anxious as I am! I finally figured out a name! My baby will be called Brixton or Sir Brixton as I like to call him.

You are right! It's been 2 days and I've already called ASK MINI several times so it is official...I am a MINI stalker!
Welcome Brixton! You were scheduled for production today

Old 07-26-2012, 10:47 PM
digitaleyez
1st Gear
We actually got a call from our MA last Friday that our car was gonna be in last Saturday, but I had an emergency work trip out of state. I get back into town tomorrow and will finally pick our Countryman up. The past week was torture… but I am stoked!

Old 07-27-2012, 06:36 AM
tmomini
1st Gear
MINI of Ontario
You need to stay on them about not drilling the plate...I too asked that we don't drill the plate, but the message didn't get passed on in time. So now, I have a plate...

Old 07-27-2012, 07:26 AM
fluteboi
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by tmomini
You need to stay on them about not drilling the plate...I too asked that we don't drill the plate, but the message didn't get passed on in time. So now, I have a plate...
Mine is arriving at the dock tomorrow 7/28 and possibly at the dealer next week. So hopefully if I call them this next couple days, it will be fresh in their mind and they will remember.

hmm...I remember I saw someone here who demanded their dealer to swap out a existing bumper without the holes when they forgot the request about not drilling the plate.

Old 07-27-2012, 09:34 AM
tmomini
1st Gear
Mine is arriving at the dock tomorrow 7/28 and possibly at the dealer next week. So hopefully if I call them this next couple days, it will be fresh in their mind and they will remember.

hmm...I remember I saw someone here who demanded their dealer to swap out a existing bumper without the holes when they forgot the request about not drilling the plate.

That's true...but I just didn't want to go down that road, so I asked for $$ off, and I got it. That was my fix!

Old 07-27-2012, 11:23 AM
xenor
4th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm having a hard time determining what ship my CM is going to be on. Closest I can find is on K-line it might be the Bremmerhaven, or on WW it might be the Fidelo.

Old 07-27-2012, 02:02 PM
NinjaTurtle
3rd Gear

Don't let them drill it! I drove my last car without a front plate for 12 years and never had an issue. There are plenty of options when it comes to holders that utilize the tow hook receiver and many of them can be installed/removed in seconds if you have to put it on. Call your MA now and tell him you don't want it and then call again when you know it's on it's way to the dealership.

Old 07-27-2012, 05:14 PM
mcdwlove
2nd Gear
Welcome Brixton! You were scheduled for production today
He thanks you and he is in production today! Estimated completion 8-3-12! Woo hoo!

Old 07-27-2012, 10:33 PM
charliesheena
1st Gear

less than 5 hours away from Port Hueneme

Quick Reply: "Those Waiting for a 2012" Support Group