1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"Those Waiting for a 2012" Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2011, 07:01 AM
cricketk
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm in the 8/9 delivery group now as well. My MA called me 20 minutes ago with the bad news. I spoke with the general manager of the dealer as well. They said all 2012s are being held at the VDC to be released on the same day, but they don't know what the actual date will be. The GM said he is certain the delay is because of the model year change in the EPA inspection system, and that he would be very surprised if it is as late as 8/9. He said all OL dates are "guesstimates" and only dealers get the actual shipping manifests.

I'm glad I read about this here first because I wasn't blindsided with it. They said they only learned about it yesterday.*

Vapok, to answer your question about options: it's the MCS convertible with the cold weather package, piano black, and Xenons. The car was already on order when I bought it.*

Old 07-23-2011, 07:04 AM
cricketk
Neutral
double post

Last edited by cricketk; 07-23-2011 at 07:40 AM. Reason: double post
Old 07-23-2011, 08:11 AM
veevsato
1st Gear
Just found that my MCS is now booked for the WW lines ship Torrens. Leaves 7/25/2011 and arrives in baltimore on 8/3/2011. If what they say is true about delayed gratification, I am going to love the heck out of this car.

Last edited by veevsato; 07-23-2011 at 08:13 AM. Reason: typo
Old 07-23-2011, 01:12 PM
Vapok
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by cricketk
I'm in the 8/9 delivery group now as well. My MA called me 20 minutes ago with the bad news. I spoke with the general manager of the dealer as well. They said all 2012s are being held at the VDC to be released on the same day, but they don't know what the actual date will be. The GM said he is certain the delay is because of the model year change in the EPA inspection system, and that he would be very surprised if it is as late as 8/9. He said all OL dates are "guesstimates" and only dealers get the actual shipping manifests.

I'm glad I read about this here first because I wasn't blindsided with it. They said they only learned about it yesterday.*

Vapok, to answer your question about options: it's the MCS convertible with the cold weather package, piano black, and Xenons. The car was already on order when I bought it.*
So I stopped over at my dealership today actually and was discussing some of the dealer options. Turns out the Rosewood doesn't go with the Rooster Color Line, so we're nixing the Rosewood steering wheel, and customizing the gear boot and break cover to match the red of the rooster red.

As we were talking, the Manager said the same thing that he thinks it might get released from the VDC before 8/9 but that he wasn't sure.

Can't wait!!!! ... but I will. =)

Old 07-25-2011, 10:45 AM
veevsato
1st Gear
Blarg!!!. I have eagerly been watching the WW tracking site that showed my MCS booked for the ship leaving today, 7/25. I was waiting to see some update to the tracking that would show that it was loaded or something, but now it just updated saying "Returned to Shipper". That shounds bad. Anyone know what that means?

Old 07-25-2011, 10:58 AM
Vapok
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by veevsato
Blarg!!!. I have eagerly been watching the WW tracking site that showed my MCS booked for the ship leaving today, 7/25. I was waiting to see some update to the tracking that would show that it was loaded or something, but now it just updated saying "Returned to Shipper". That shounds bad. Anyone know what that means?
That does sound bad. I would contact your MA. Once a vehicle has been produced and completed, it's up to the MA to monitor and watch it's status from Southhampton to the US.

Old 07-26-2011, 09:19 AM
Vapok
2nd Gear
Man, this is the hardest wait I've ever had to endure. I can not wait for our 2012's to get released from the VDC... My life is literally on hold right now. It's even my BIRTHDAY! Gah!

Old 07-26-2011, 10:02 AM
cricketk
Neutral
Happy birthday! Too bad you can't celebrate by driving your new Mini.

This is the 4th car I have bought new, and I have had to wait 2+ weeks for delivery all but once, so it's not that unbearable for me. I just wish my dealer would have known about this VDC hostage situation before they got me all excited to pick the car up on 7/25!

I was telling my uncle the sob story last night. He sold BMWs for a few years, so he knows this stuff. He told me the VDC holdup is almost certainly because an MSO (manufacturers statement of origin) has not been generated, and that the EPA story is BS. The MSO is a document where the manufacturer states that they built the car new and that it has never been titled. He said when a model year changes the pricing always changes, and that the first cars may come off the line before the prices are finalized. They can't give them info from the previous model year so they come over on the ship with blank window stickers. When the pricing has been changed to the new model year's info, the manufacturer will generate the MSO and then the dealer can take delivery. He said they would usually take a week or two, which would explain the sudden jump in our delivery dates. He told me our cars are probably all in a line waiting for someone to slap on the MSO.

If this is true I am going to be really steamed that my dealer fed me the EPA line!! My car landed at the VDC on 7/20, so I am really hoping to see some movement within the next few days.

Old 07-26-2011, 11:50 AM
minilauren
2nd Gear
Hooray!

So, last time I talked to my MA, he told me that my 2012 ALL4 was scheduled to START production in WW33...I was bored today so figured I'd check to see if I had in VIN yet on Owner's Lounge...and lo and behold, I do! My status had also changed to "Scheduled for Production." I headed over to the handy dandy Guide to Tracking your Mini and saw that this usually meant that it was in production. So I called up the 800 number...and my Ladybug is in the process of being built! The scheduled production end date is 17 August.

The woman on the phone was fantastic and very helpful and encouraged me to call back whenever I wanted to get updates. (Although, she may come to regret that when I call back every hour...) ;-)

So, that's my status...apparently I'm now actually a WW30 production car!

Old 07-26-2011, 12:14 PM
Vapok
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by minilauren
So, last time I talked to my MA, he told me that my 2012 ALL4 was scheduled to START production in WW33...I was bored today so figured I'd check to see if I had in VIN yet on Owner's Lounge...and lo and behold, I do! My status had also changed to "Scheduled for Production." I headed over to the handy dandy Guide to Tracking your Mini and saw that this usually meant that it was in production. So I called up the 800 number...and my Ladybug is in the process of being built! The scheduled production end date is 17 August.

The woman on the phone was fantastic and very helpful and encouraged me to call back whenever I wanted to get updates. (Although, she may come to regret that when I call back every hour...) ;-)

So, that's my status...apparently I'm now actually a WW30 production car!
The fine folks at ASKMINI are WONDERFUL customer service peeps. They love when you call. Call back daily! However, once your vehicle reaches the port of exit, ASKMINI won't be able to help any more, and it's all up to your MA (or your own OCD marine/vessel tracking methods) as to keeping tabs on where your new car is. =)

Good luck!!!!!

Old 07-28-2011, 03:10 AM
cricketk
Neutral
I just checked the OL like I do every single morning, and my delivery date has changed to 7/30!!! I sincerely hope it's for real this time.

My boss asked me yesterday if I thought I would need Monday off to get my car. Maybe he's a bit psychic?

Old 07-28-2011, 03:32 AM
jeff080
1st Gear
Hello all, my 2012 arrived at port July 19th. I check the OL every morning and it still says "at the vehicle distro center". This wait is terrible!! Especially since it says est. delivery date of 27 July. Maybe by this weekend i'll be able to get it??

Old 07-28-2011, 04:01 AM
Vapok
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by cricketk
I just checked the OL like I do every single morning, and my delivery date has changed to 7/30!!! I sincerely hope it's for real this time.

My boss asked me yesterday if I thought I would need Monday off to get my car. Maybe he's a bit psychic?

OMG! Mine does too!!! -- My MA's have got to be tired of hearing from me, but they'll be hearing from me today. Happy Dance!

Old 07-28-2011, 07:46 AM
Vapok
2nd Gear
SQUEAL! Update from my MA:

Hey Pete,

We received an email yesterday stating that the cars were ready for release. It could show up on the 30th, yes, but we won’t have the certificate of origin until probably Monday or so as it usually arrives the business day after the car arrives. We need that to register the car.

I will let you know when the car leaves NJ on a truck.

It would be a good idea to come in and meet with Kim about the final details and accessories. How about early Saturday? She may not be here Sunday.

Old 07-28-2011, 01:39 PM
Vapok
2nd Gear
YIPPIE!!

My MA just emailed said that the Car has left New Jersey and will be at the dealership tomorrow!!!!!!! --!!!!!!!

*7th grader teenage girl squeeeeaallll*

Disclaimer: I'm not a girl.

Old 07-28-2011, 05:42 PM
SpankyandAndy
1st Gear
In the paint shop for 96 hours now....

Everything was moving along surprisingly well compared to other posts I've read when all of a sudden, bam, my mcs convertible hit the paint shop wall. I don't pretend to know how long metallic paint takes to fully complete but this seems extensive. I wonder if this is really a delay post paint shop due to electronic's shortages. I did oder the connect with nav.

Anyone else stuck in paint? I am still getting an 8/9 completion date from AskMini.

Last edited by SpankyandAndy; 07-28-2011 at 06:21 PM.
Old 07-29-2011, 10:26 AM
Vapok
2nd Gear
My MA just sent me the first photos of my 2012 MCCS!!!

Attached Thumbnails "Those Waiting for a 2012" Support Group-imag0287.jpg   "Those Waiting for a 2012" Support Group-imag0288.jpg   "Those Waiting for a 2012" Support Group-imag0289.jpg  
Old 07-29-2011, 11:09 AM
veevsato
1st Gear
Originally Posted by Vapok
YIPPIE!!

My MA just emailed said that the Car has left New Jersey and will be at the dealership tomorrow!!!!!!! --!!!!!!!

*7th grader teenage girl squeeeeaallll*

Disclaimer: I'm not a girl.
Please post photos. Heard inside of MCS is slightly different this year. Center speedo is supposed to be slightly bigger.

Oh, and enjoy!!!!

Old 07-29-2011, 11:24 AM
Vapok
2nd Gear
Please post photos. Heard inside of MCS is slightly different this year. Center speedo is supposed to be slightly bigger.

Oh, and enjoy!!!!
Just did.. Look at the post above yours. =)

Old 07-29-2011, 11:53 AM
cricketk
Neutral
Wicked!! Congrats! I'm so jealous.

I spoke with my MA this morning. My car is due to arrive at the dealer tomorrow, with the MCO to follow on Monday. My uncle was right! Looks like Tuesday is my delivery day.

Old 07-29-2011, 05:12 PM
Cred
4th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Looks great.
I want a 2012 in my driveway. Waiting until November will kill me.

Old 07-29-2011, 07:48 PM
jeff080
1st Gear
Got the call earlier, picking mine up in the morning!

Old 07-30-2011, 03:59 AM
SpankyandAndy
1st Gear
I have been waiting to hear what ever happened with your 'return to shipper' issue? Hope it wasn't a delay, but rather an entry error in the computer.

This waiting is almost painful. My order was placed July 12th so it hasn't even been that long but it seems like it.

Old 08-01-2011, 06:15 AM
veevsato
1st Gear
Still says "returned to shipper"

I have been checking the Wallenius tracking site several times a day. During the 7.75 hours of pondering each day, I have come up with 3 possible scenarios:
1. The shipper hit the wrong button and the car was not supposed to go on that ship anyways and will go out on the next ship which is 8/3
2. The shipper hit the wrong button and the car fell into the harbor...
3. The shipper hit the wrong button and the car is on the ship set to arrive in Baltimore on 8/3

Guess which one I am hoping for.

Old 08-01-2011, 07:03 AM
Vapok
2nd Gear
EEK! I pickup my car in 2 hours!!!!!!!! =) ~~~~

Quick Reply: "Those Waiting for a 2012" Support Group