1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"Those Waiting for a 2012" Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2012 | 07:02 PM
mcdwlove
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by charliesheena
It's been a long 4 months but it finally came....

:D YAY!!!
It's gorgeous! Congrats!

Old 08-17-2012 | 08:02 PM
mct
5th Gear
Originally Posted by xenor
Update: The California Highway arrived on 8/15/2012 at 7:55pm eastern.
How did you find this out? Fleetmon.com and sailwx.info show no data since the 14th?

Old 08-17-2012 | 08:02 PM
mct
5th Gear
VERY nice!!!! Congrats!!!

Originally Posted by charliesheena
It's been a long 4 months but it finally came....

:D YAY!!!

Old 08-20-2012 | 06:26 AM
xenor
4th Gear
Update: I was emailed by my MA on Saturday. He stated my car had arrived (knew that already) and was an American citizen and had completed customs. He did not give an estimate as to when the vehicle would be delivered.

So, Bazinga, your car also has probably completed customs.

The Owner's Lounge tracking tool states that the car is still "En Route". Consistently I have found that the tracking tool is days late in reporting changes in the status of the vehicle, so I pretty much stopped looking there.

I'm ready to get this thing, put a few coats of CG Blacklight and Pete's 53 on it, and make an appointment to get a clear bra and tint installed.

In the meantime I've been driving a Mercedes Benz ML350 4matic, getting a whopping 19mpg if I'm lucky and having to hunt for parking spots big enough.

Old 08-20-2012 | 06:37 AM
Bazinga
1st Gear
Owners' Lounge is still showing mine as "en route." Worse than that, I called the ask mini and the automated message said vehicle was at the port awaiting a shipping vessel! Not sure what's up with that.

I haven't heard from my MA yet but if we've made it through customs I expect I'll hear soon.

Old 08-20-2012 | 07:00 AM
xenor
4th Gear
I'm hoping hoping hoping for this Saturday to pick up the vehicle. I do not know if that's going to happen or not.

Old 08-20-2012 | 07:09 AM
Bazinga
1st Gear
I was hoping for Saturday as well. I'll have to wait another week if it's not ready this Saturday because of work obligations.

Old 08-20-2012 | 07:41 AM
xenor
4th Gear
That's right, you have quite a trek to drive to your dealership, correct?

Mine is a few miles away, so I *could* get it in the afternoon after work, but it would be a pain. Plus I've got a car we borrowed from my father temporarily that I need to return. Logistics would work out easier if it was Saturday.

I can't imagine a truck taking more than a couple days to get to Raleigh from Brunswick. I think the issue at this point it actually getting it on a truck.

Old 08-20-2012 | 08:16 AM
Bazinga
1st Gear
I'm three hours away from the dealer. Ordinarily taking off work wouldn't be a problem but I have an entire week of training the last week of August so I must be physically present.

I can't imagine it taking that long to get to Raleigh or Memphis. I guess it depends on how many stops they make at other dealers along the way.

Old 08-20-2012 | 10:28 AM
qrysdonnell
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by mcdwlove
Oh thanks. I haven't bugged mine too much either. I want to but I'm trying to not be a pain. Have you checked to see which ships are leaving Bremerhaven close to the 23rd? I've got a couple in mind and I hope it makes the first one leaving on the 25th but I doubt it. I'm thinking it will be the one leaving September 8th. This wait is killing me!
I'll confess I've looked at the ships list. There are three that I see as 'possible'. The Don Juan leaving Aug 29 (arriving NYC Sep 13) - that'd be really improbable from the timelines I've seen, but doesn't look impossible. Tombarra leaving on Sep 5 (arriving 20th) looks like the most likely boat. If it doesn't make that one then I'd think it'd be Otello leaving Sep 12 (arriving Sep 30).

From what I've seen, most people aren't waiting three weeks to get on a boat, but there are always outliers.

The long and the short of it though is that by the time it shows up I'll have become a professional 'wait'er. It'll be really tough if the car spends any time at the VDC in Jersey City which is only only a 12 mile drive from the dealership!

Old 08-20-2012 | 08:21 PM
The Angry Pumkin
2nd Gear
Picked up mine on Sat. put over 200mi on it before Monday lol. Had one problem mine was ordered with black wheels and came silver. The dealer had them switched before I even got the car.

PumkinHead's lil brother is here LMAO!!

Old 08-20-2012 | 08:51 PM
mcdwlove
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by qrysdonnell
I'll confess I've looked at the ships list. There are three that I see as 'possible'. The Don Juan leaving Aug 29 (arriving NYC Sep 13) - that'd be really improbable from the timelines I've seen, but doesn't look impossible. Tombarra leaving on Sep 5 (arriving 20th) looks like the most likely boat. If it doesn't make that one then I'd think it'd be Otello leaving Sep 12 (arriving Sep 30).

From what I've seen, most people aren't waiting three weeks to get on a boat, but there are always outliers.

The long and the short of it though is that by the time it shows up I'll have become a professional 'wait'er. It'll be really tough if the car spends any time at the VDC in Jersey City which is only only a 12 mile drive from the dealership!
I feel like a professional 'wait'er as well! Automated Ask Mini says it's estimated to complete on the 22nd now. One day earlier! Just looking forward to some news.

Old 08-20-2012 | 08:53 PM
mcdwlove
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by The Angry Pumkin
Picked up mine on Sat. put over 200mi on it before Monday lol. Had one problem mine was ordered with black wheels and came silver. The dealer had them switched before I even got the car.

PumkinHead's lil brother is here LMAO!!
Congrats! Looks great! Glad you had fun driving it this weekend!

Old 08-21-2012 | 07:17 AM
Neverfifty
3rd Gear
After finally getting the correct VIN number I have found out that my Countryman is on the Courage and will be in Baltimore on Aug. 23rd.

Old 08-21-2012 | 07:27 AM
meindc
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Neverfifty
After finally getting the correct VIN number I have found out that my Countryman is on the Courage and will be in Baltimore on Aug. 23rd.
We are shipmates! Mine is on the Courage as well.

Old 08-21-2012 | 08:00 AM
Neverfifty
3rd Gear
How neat!

Old 08-21-2012 | 08:02 AM
NH_Countryman
4th Gear
How long before OL is updated, I called the tn yesterday because i couldn't stand it and they had no other info for me...its been 1 week since we got our production number for our Countryman ...can someone give me a timetable estimate..are there any others out there that ordered last week. I know they just came back from holiday so they will be backed up right......as you can tell i am not a patient person...this is going to kill me LOL

Old 08-21-2012 | 08:26 AM
qrysdonnell
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by mcdwlove
I feel like a professional 'wait'er as well! Automated Ask Mini says it's estimated to complete on the 22nd now. One day earlier! Just looking forward to some news.
Nice. Mine still says the 23rd. I think your order was in before mine, so that makes sense. Here's hoping that the two week break means the other logistics pipelines are clear and everything happens quickly!

I also wonder at what point we'll actually know our cars are done since all the systems seem to be a little behind. I wouldn't be surprised if you car was done on the 22nd, but the phone system didn't know it until the 23rd (and I wouldn't be suprised if the OL didn't know until the 24th). I've seen people updating timelines here with paint and body shop dates, but I've no idea where they're getting them from. It might be from their MA. I'm still hoping to not bug them much. I figure I'll only bug them if it seems like something is stalled or wrong - I'm pretty sure they can't influence much at all that goes on at the plant.

I'm happy to at least be at the point where something is potentially happening.

Old 08-21-2012 | 08:32 AM
qrysdonnell
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by NH_Countryman
How long before OL is updated, I called the tn yesterday because i couldn't stand it and they had no other info for me...its been 1 week since we got our production number for our Countryman ...can someone give me a timetable estimate..are there any others out there that ordered last week. I know they just came back from holiday so they will be backed up right......as you can tell i am not a patient person...this is going to kill me LOL
I placed my order on July 26th.

On Aug 2nd the ASK MINI number told me "Your vehicle is in production. The estimated completion date is August 23rd, 2012."

On Aug 3rd the OL updated to "Scheduled for Production."

They seem to have differing views of production where ASK MINI seems to think of production as including the parts gathering and the OL being concerned with the final assembly.

Hopefully your car will start moving withing the next few days, but I probably wouldn't worry about it until next week. Even then, I'm not sure there's much that can actually be done - but it would be worth calling.

Old 08-21-2012 | 09:05 AM
NH_Countryman
4th Gear
Originally Posted by qrysdonnell
I placed my order on July 26th.

On Aug 2nd the ASK MINI number told me "Your vehicle is in production. The estimated completion date is August 23rd, 2012."

On Aug 3rd the OL updated to "Scheduled for Production."

They seem to have differing views of production where ASK MINI seems to think of production as including the parts gathering and the OL being concerned with the final assembly.

Hopefully your car will start moving withing the next few days, but I probably wouldn't worry about it until next week. Even then, I'm not sure there's much that can actually be done - but it would be worth calling.
I figured two weeks before anyhitng happened..I am aking the assumption that i will not see Cooper till October

Old 08-21-2012 | 09:05 AM
Neverfifty
3rd Gear
I have had no luck with the OL. This is my 3rd MINI and it refuses to let me register anything about this one. I have just been calling 1-866-ask-mini and giving them my production number. Pretty much tracked by looking up which ship left on what date close to the date was given on transit. Now that I have the correct Vin number it is all coming together.

Old 08-21-2012 | 09:29 AM
WinstonAllegheneyIII
4th Gear
Congrats to all receiving their new cars!

Old 08-21-2012 | 07:08 PM
xenor
4th Gear
Ok, I'm officially in I-can't-wait-any-longer mode. Someone talk me down.

Boat arrived at Brunswick, GA port (verified by port authority) on Wednesday 8/15 at 8 something pm. Got an email from my MA on Saturday morning saying car had completed customs and is an american citizen.

People whom have received cars at this port and have tracked them through the process....about how long has it taken to receive your cars?

Old 08-22-2012 | 05:36 AM
All4mini
2nd Gear
Wife's MA called and told her that her car was at the dealership. 53 days from time of order. About seven days from the Port in CA to the Dealership in Portland. We plan to pick it up in two weeks. She can' sit still. We have an 1800 mile drive to get it, and I am afraid that if she drives there will be some paper along the way as she is going to want to get there. Coming back will be much slower.

Last edited by All4mini; 08-22-2012 at 05:38 AM. Reason: did not like abbreviation spelling
Old 08-22-2012 | 06:01 AM
Bazinga
1st Gear
I'm with you xenor. I'm a little frustrated with the complete lack of information.

Quick Reply: "Those Waiting for a 2012" Support Group