1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"Those Waiting for a 2012" Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2012, 01:44 PM
qrysdonnell
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Woo hoo, looks like the Tombarra has made it across the ocean as marinetraffic.com shows it off the coast of Newfoundland. Can't see it not being able to land there tomorrow, so they might be back to their original schedule (it had slipped by a day a few days ago after it started crossing the ocean).

Only a few more days until it arrives in New York and then all that is left is the stop at the VDC and the dealer getting it ready. It's getting close now.

Old 09-16-2012, 03:45 PM
guptesv
1st Gear
I ordered my 2012 Countryman S All4 in the second week of August... and my MA told me that the factory will be shut till the end of August and if I custom ordered one I wont be seeing it till almost Oct... so she suggested looking at a few of the CM they already had which were close to the specifications/options/extras I wanted.... but then... those were only just close and not exactly what I wanted....

So.. thinking that I am a really patient guy... told her no... I will wait!!
maaaaan... dont know what I was thinking... but it turns out I am not a patient person at all!!!
My daily routine since Sept has changed...
Wake up.. speed-dial ASK-MINI... go to work.. listen to the overly enthusiastic ASK-MINI robot at least 6-7 times during the day... in between those calls kill time on NAM ... then squeeze in some time to actually work..

Finally on the 10th of Sept she was at port!! now added to the routine was the frequent checking of the WW site....
She finally made it onto the TORONTO!!! and now all I have been doing is looking at the green triangle on the blue screen on marinetraffic... and my colleagues think that I have now lost it completely...

Just can't wait till she finally gets here.... but have to say.. all you guys here have kept me sane through this long and painful wait... and the info here abt everything is just awesome!!!

Old 09-16-2012, 04:36 PM
czar4
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by guptesv
I ordered my 2012 Countryman S All4 in the second week of August... and my MA told me that the factory will be shut till the end of August and if I custom ordered one I wont be seeing it till almost Oct... so she suggested looking at a few of the CM they already had which were close to the specifications/options/extras I wanted.... but then... those were only just close and not exactly what I wanted....

maaaaan... dont know what I was thinking... but it turns out I am not a patient person at all!!!
Wake up.. speed-dial ASK-MINI... go to work.. listen to the overly enthusiastic ASK-MINI robot at least 6-7 times during the day... in between those calls kill time on NAM ... then squeeze in some time to actually work..

Finally on the 10th of Sept she was at port!! now added to the routine was the frequent checking of the WW site....
She finally made it onto the TORONTO!!! and now all I have been doing is looking at the green triangle on the blue screen on marinetraffic... and my colleagues think that I have now lost it completely...

Just can't wait till she finally gets here.... but have to say.. all you guys here have kept me sane through this long and painful wait... and the info here abt everything is just awesome!!!
I feel your pain! My only benefit is a private office, so no one can (yet) tell I'm nuts.

Congrats on making the Toronto. I thought I could be patient, too, but having the opportunity to build a truly customized car makes this new car buying experience much different.

Old 09-16-2012, 05:49 PM
NH_Countryman
4th Gear
Originally Posted by guptesv

just eat lots of popcorn.... I am on the Toronto as well ..... our CM's are just edging out of the English Channel God Speed ..See you on the other side of the atlantic !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 09-16-2012, 06:41 PM
Neverfifty
3rd Gear
Well I got my 2012 CountrymanS on the 7th of Sept. However, I can't get the pictures to come up on the Forums, oh well, at least I have it. Enjoy everyone. Happy Motoring.

Old 09-17-2012, 06:19 AM
Rudeman422
2nd Gear
Mine actually missed the TONSBERG but is on it's way now on the COURAGE! Can't wait to get it! :-)

Old 09-17-2012, 03:03 PM
qrysdonnell
3rd Gear
Well, the Tombarra is lazing about off the coast of Halifax and not moving towards the port. Perhaps the reason for the arrival going back was space on the dock and not weather.

It should dock tomorrow and be in NYC by Thursday. This is all finally getting into the final act.

Old 09-17-2012, 03:25 PM
aleclee
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by jgk6502
aleclee,
Check NYK site http://www2.nykline.com/
Shows the next boat leaves 9/16 arrives at Port Hueneme 10/9. That would be great timing if yours makes that boat. My guess is mine will be on it.
Spoke with my MA this afternoon and my car is still at port. Looks like it'll be shipping out on the 24th after all.

Last edited by aleclee; 09-18-2012 at 05:10 AM.
Old 09-18-2012, 09:15 AM
qrysdonnell
3rd Gear
Okay. Tombarra is in Halifax today and should be departing tonight. Hope it's not getting too much maple syrup on it. It's still on schedule to arrive in NYC (well, Jersey City) on Thurs.

9 days away from the tentative (and I think conservative) pick up date my MA gave me. Very very close now.

Old 09-18-2012, 10:19 AM
flpat73
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by qrysdonnell
Okay. Tombarra is in Halifax today and should be departing tonight. Hope it's not getting too much maple syrup on it. It's still on schedule to arrive in NYC (well, Jersey City) on Thurs.

9 days away from the tentative (and I think conservative) pick up date my MA gave me. Very very close now.

Old 09-18-2012, 03:27 PM
jgk6502
3rd Gear
For those waiting for shipment to the West Coast, I just got a call from my MA saying my CMS is on NYK Line, Antares Leader, which left Bremerhaven on 9/15. Expected arrival is 10/10. Ask Mini still says waiting for a shipping vessel. So if yours made it to Bremerhaven before the 14th, call your MA.

Old 09-18-2012, 03:31 PM
czar4
2nd Gear
Anyone know the status of the TOPEKA?

Old 09-18-2012, 04:16 PM
er.
3rd Gear
Posted in wrong thread. Sorry guys.

Last edited by er.; 09-18-2012 at 04:46 PM.
Old 09-18-2012, 05:44 PM
TPA_StormCooper
2nd Gear
Mine is at the port now. Not sure what boat it will be on.

Old 09-18-2012, 05:49 PM
aleclee
3rd Gear
For those waiting for shipment to the West Coast, I just got a call from my MA saying my CMS is on NYK Line, Antares Leader, which left Bremerhaven on 9/15. Expected arrival is 10/10. Ask Mini still says waiting for a shipping vessel. So if yours made it to Bremerhaven before the 14th, call your MA.
When did your car get to port? Mine rolled off the line on 9/7 and got to Bremerhaven on 9/12.

Old 09-18-2012, 08:06 PM
jgk6502
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by aleclee
When did your car get to port? Mine rolled off the line on 9/7 and got to Bremerhaven on 9/12.
Ask MINI reported that mine was ready for transport on 9/8 and reached Bremerhaven on 9/11. Hope your car made the Antares Leader.

I was just in Red Cliff. Colorado is awesome! Fruita, Grand Junction, Vail, etc, can't wait to visit those places again.

Old 09-18-2012, 08:20 PM
aleclee
3rd Gear
I was just in Red Cliff. Colorado is awesome! Fruita, Grand Junction, Vail, etc, can't wait to visit those places again.
Funny! I was born & raised in the South Bay area (San Jose / Morgan Hill). Haven't been back there since '05, though.

My MA was off today. Will shoot him an email and hopefully he can check tomorrow. Thanks!

Old 09-18-2012, 08:33 PM
mcdwlove
2nd Gear
If mine is on the NYK Line ship Garnet Leader like a believe it to be, it just passed the Panama Canal and is headed towards Cali! Hooray!!

Old 09-19-2012, 07:47 AM
qrysdonnell
3rd Gear
Well time and the Tombarra both keep chugging along. It left the Halifax area 17 hours ago and is either on its way to New York or forever lost at sea.

Eta to car pickup, 8 days!

Old 09-19-2012, 07:57 AM
czar4
2nd Gear
Anyone confirmed on the TOPEKA? I checked a few times this morning and nada...

Old 09-19-2012, 10:14 AM
flyingpig_sj
1st Gear
Just called this morning & status is "vehicle in transit." Anyone know which vessel it will be on for going to Port Hueneme? Any shipmates out there?

Old 09-19-2012, 10:17 AM
aleclee
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by flyingpig_sj
Just called this morning & status is "vehicle in transit." Anyone know which vessel it will be on for going to Port Hueneme? Any shipmates out there?
You're likely on the Antares Leader. ETA Port Hueneme: 10/10 according to my MA. jgk6502 and I would be shipmates.

You might find this page amusing for the next three weeks or so: http://www.sailwx.info/shiptrack/shi...html?call=7JJD

Old 09-19-2012, 10:23 AM
flyingpig_sj
1st Gear
Originally Posted by aleclee
You're likely on the Antares Leader. ETA Port Hueneme: 10/10 according to my MA. jgk6502 and I would be shipmates.

You might find this page amusing for the next three weeks or so: http://www.sailwx.info/shiptrack/shi...html?call=7JJD
Thanks aleclee!! I will be tracking it everyday

Old 09-19-2012, 05:15 PM
czar4
2nd Gear
Looks like TOPEKA left right after midnight local time, and is in the North Sea. Anyone's VIN showing up yet? Just checked again and nada still...

Old 09-19-2012, 06:54 PM
TPA_StormCooper
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by czar4
Looks like TOPEKA left right after midnight local time, and is in the North Sea. Anyone's VIN showing up yet? Just checked again and nada still...
Where are you checking? I am hoping my cooper is on that ship.

Quick Reply: "Those Waiting for a 2012" Support Group