1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"Those Waiting for a 2012" Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2012, 08:43 PM
mcdwlove
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ewe175

This whole experience of ordering a car is really a trip... I can recite my production number, I know the VIN by heart, I've developed a fascination with ship schedules and tracking, I feel like I've been to the port of Bremerhaven because I've looked at the satellite imagery so often (same for the Magna Steyr plant in Graz)... And so on.
Oh the memories! It was a long but fun process and when you're baby is with you it's so worth it all!

Old 10-29-2012, 08:45 PM
mcdwlove
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by aleclee
Here's my "graduation photo".

Love it! Looks great with the stripes!

Old 10-30-2012, 08:01 AM
Remitt
Neutral
almost there

So my status on the miniusa.com site has been at "awaiting transport" for a month now. On a hunch, I went ahead and used k-line to track my VIN and to my surprise found my car on the Turandot and nearing NYC. Hopefully the crew is safe, what with Sandy rampaging through the east coast yesterday. I'm expecting a huge delay at the NYC/NJ VDC, but it's totally understandable. I would rather see the ship's crew safe and sound and NYC/NJ get back on it's feet than moan and complain about my car getting here on time. So, all my best wishes and prayers go out to the crew of all shipping vessels and NYC/NJ!

Old 10-31-2012, 10:03 PM
vizcat
1st Gear
Originally Posted by Remitt
So my status on the miniusa.com site has been at "awaiting transport" for a month now. On a hunch, I went ahead and used k-line to track my VIN and to my surprise found my car on the Turandot and nearing NYC. Hopefully the crew is safe, what with Sandy rampaging through the east coast yesterday. I'm expecting a huge delay at the NYC/NJ VDC, but it's totally understandable. I would rather see the ship's crew safe and sound and NYC/NJ get back on it's feet than moan and complain about my car getting here on time. So, all my best wishes and prayers go out to the crew of all shipping vessels and NYC/NJ!
Hey, my Countryman is also on the Turandot. I read up on the NY/NJ Port Authority page that the ports are all closed until further notice. From what gathered from other BMW forums is that the VPC is out of power, hence why the port is closed. I also read somewhere that all shipments have been re routed to the vpc in Baltimore. I checked on Marine Traffic (android app) and the turandot is currently offline. The
Last known location I traced was right off Boston. The ship should already be arriving by now, but I guess not anymore.

Old 10-31-2012, 10:11 PM
vizcat
1st Gear
Originally Posted by Remitt
Yup. Those guys were right. NY/NJ Port of Arrival was removed from the Turandot's schedule. The page now shows Baltimore as the next destination. Below is a snapshot I took.

"Those Waiting for a 2012" Support Group-forumrunner_20121101_011128.jpg

Old 11-06-2012, 05:59 AM
Denzien
3rd Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by TELY
Those of you that have recently acquired your MINIs, what kind of programs/plans/etc did you end up adding on at delivery?
My dealer requires an IBEX paint protection for all their cars. Does anyone have an opinion on this? Worth the money? Should I get a different kind of paint protection?
My dealer had this as an add-on charge as well, but I had them take it off, and they didn't complain. I think I told them before they applied it, but I'm not really sure. If the car hadn't come in on a Saturday, to be delayed until Monday, I'm sure they would have just applied it without my knowledge and insist I pay for it, since the IBEX thing was never disclosed to me. But since its cost was already factored into my financing deal, removing it just allowed me to get more accessories