1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"Those Waiting for a 2012" Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2011 | 08:25 AM
2nd Gear
Put my order in yesterday for a JCW Hatch...was given a first week Nov build slot with an ETA of first week of Dec...i think thats a bit fast when compared to my first mini, but hey....wishful thinking.

Options in sig

Old 09-30-2011 | 09:20 AM
PatM
6th Gear
Nice ride. My wife's MCS is pepper white. It's a great color.

Motor On!

Old 09-30-2011 | 09:31 AM
doc_yock
Neutral
Anyone else trying to track the "California Highway" due on Baltimore 10/3 an Brunswick, GA on 10/5? It's apparently "Out of Range" on http://www.marinetraffic.com/ais/def...spx?level0=100.

Old 09-30-2011 | 10:27 AM
PezRadar
5th Gear
Originally Posted by doc_yock
Anyone else trying to track the "California Highway" due on Baltimore 10/3 an Brunswick, GA on 10/5? It's apparently "Out of Range" on http://www.marinetraffic.com/ais/def...spx?level0=100.
Yep. I am on the same boat. Unfortunately when a boat/ship moves out of AIS range, you won't receive reports on marinetraffic or shipais. You have to rely on sailwx. The problem though with "California Highway" is that the ship doesn't supply weather reports from where it is at in the Atlantic so there is no tracking as of September 25th. It will probably reappear sometime late Saturday is my guess.

EDIT:

I've been also kinda tracking 'INDEPENDENCE II' which left Southampton 1 hour AFTER "CALIFORNIA HIGHWAY". They both are going to Baltimore but oddly enough the INDEPENDENCE is expected to arrive a few days later. Kind of gives me a good perspective of where I think our ship is when I track that guy

INDEPENDENCE II is currently south of Prince Edward Island closing in on the east coast of the United States near Nova Scotia.

Old 09-30-2011 | 10:37 AM
petery
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by aeiron
Picked up my pepper white clubman last night.
It looks nice , almost like mine!

Old 09-30-2011 | 01:45 PM
gloomchen
3rd Gear
Placed my order on Tuesday for my Laguna Green 2012 S Coupe (was the first person at the MN dealership to test drive one!). I swear I am going to have to be on sedatives until I can actually pick it up. I love all of the crazy tracking options because I am one of those crazy tracking kind of people, but having that power means I'm going to be bouncing around refreshing and checking non-stop unless I get shot with a tranquilizer dart.

Old 09-30-2011 | 01:57 PM
PatM
6th Gear
Allright

My ship the Grand Venus is at the Panama Canal with my JCW Coupe on board.
Oh yea baby. It's getting closer.

Just checked the tracker and it finally showed up. I didn't think it would be there that fast.

Maybe someone else can double check for me and make sure I am looking at this crazy make the right way. Whoooooo Hooooooooo

Old 09-30-2011 | 02:06 PM
PezRadar
5th Gear
Originally Posted by gloomchen
Placed my order on Tuesday for my Laguna Green 2012 S Coupe (was the first person at the MN dealership to test drive one!). I swear I am going to have to be on sedatives until I can actually pick it up. I love all of the crazy tracking options because I am one of those crazy tracking kind of people, but having that power means I'm going to be bouncing around refreshing and checking non-stop unless I get shot with a tranquilizer dart.
First Laguna Green I've heard ordered. Jump over to the R58 Forum and tell us about it :D

Old 10-01-2011 | 12:56 AM
swpars
2nd Gear
It's been a long wait but we have finally achieved MINI.

A photo at the dealer. They also had a blue JCW coupe in the showroom.

Old 10-01-2011 | 06:19 AM
dwschmidt
1st Gear
@swpars, Congrats on achieving MINI!

I see you have a bimmer as well. When I first test drove the MINI, it reminded me a lot of the first BMW I had, a rustbucket 1970 1600/2. Of course they are very different, but both (MINI and BMW '02s) are super fun driving cars.

Enjoy!

Duane.

Old 10-01-2011 | 07:44 AM
swpars
2nd Gear
Thanks Duane.

It's hilarious how much shared DNA the cars have. When our sales guy was showing us all the functions of the car, I kept saying to myself "Yeah, just like in a BMW". The MINI really is a tiny Bimmer with front wheel drive. Not that it's a bad thing as I love my 330i.

More photos from delivery day:

Really like the English Oak trim.

NW MINI had a JCW Coupe in the showroom. I am not a huge fan of the Coupe but it looks much better in person than in photos.

Paperwork is finally done, payment is made, and the car is ready to drive away.

We will miss the trustworthy and reliable Subaru (it got us through a lot and was my wife's first car after college & grad school) but we're both excited about the MINI.

Old 10-01-2011 | 10:38 AM
Wilde Maus
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by swpars
It's been a long wait but we have finally achieved MINI.

A photo at the dealer. They also had a blue JCW coupe in the showroom.

Wow swpars. She's a beauty.
Happy for you that you finally got her. Happy motoring. Be safe.

Old 10-01-2011 | 12:10 PM
One Sock Joe
Neutral
Got me some Mini!

Picked up my Mini thursday night. This is the first decent weather we've had since then so picture time... put almost 300 miles on her in three days so far.

Old 10-01-2011 | 01:10 PM
swpars
2nd Gear
@Wilde Maus: Thanks a bunch.

@One Sock Joe: Congrats. British Racing Green looks so right on a Mini.

Old 10-01-2011 | 05:04 PM
bakesonaplane
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by swpars
Thanks Duane.

It's hilarious how much shared DNA the cars have. When our sales guy was showing us all the functions of the car, I kept saying to myself "Yeah, just like in a BMW". The MINI really is a tiny Bimmer with front wheel drive. Not that it's a bad thing as I love my 330i.
Correct. The MINI's have essentially the exact same interface as there is in the BMW's w/o the Idrive system. In fact, I believe it is the same system.

Old 10-01-2011 | 06:23 PM
JonoNZ
Neutral
Second post but thought it was about time we said hi. We're waiting on our 2012 Cooper S Countryman -- it's on the Tugela currently heading to Auckland from it's last port of call Panama, eta next Saturday 8-Oct-11.

Our spec is Light White, Black roof, sunroof, visual boost and nab, manual transmission. We've also got JCW side-skirts (but not the rest of the JCW kit).

We're starting to get very excited!

Old 10-01-2011 | 07:34 PM
OKCdancer
3rd Gear
Cogratulations on delivery of the beautiful new Minis! Happy motoring!

Old 10-02-2011 | 07:28 AM
rosvick
3rd Gear
I have finally taken the plunge into MINI ownership after talking about it for two years.

I just placed my order for a 2012 R58 S Coupé. White silver, black roof, black interior, conical spoke wheels, six-speed manual, sport suspension, and harman/kardon sound system. Dealer doesn't know what the actual ETA is just yet, but they figured 2-3 months. It's going to be a long wait, but well worth it!

Old 10-02-2011 | 07:37 AM
swpars
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by rosvick
I have finally taken the plunge into MINI ownership after talking about it for two years.

I just placed my order for a 2012 R58 S Coupé. White silver, black roof, black interior, conical spoke wheels, six-speed manual, sport suspension, and harman/kardon sound system. Dealer doesn't know what the actual ETA is just yet, but they figured 2-3 months. It's going to be a long wait, but well worth it!
Sounds like a great color combo and a fun little beast. Enjoy.

Old 10-02-2011 | 01:31 PM
minipuck
2nd Gear

Got my car last week, and the changes are starting already. Next week is tint, rear sway and suspension. Not sure if I like the painted grill or not yet...Its a Minifini stainless steel in the same Wine Red as the stripes.

Good luck to all those still waiting! I love my 2012!

Old 10-02-2011 | 06:25 PM
slifkinj
1st Gear
Well, first post. Been talking about getting a MINI for almost 2 years. Finally made the move: 2012 MC in British Racing Green II, auto, white roof and mirrors, white bonnet stripes, sunroof, Cold Weather Package, and Xenon headlamps. :-)

Very excited. Waiting mostly patiently... not so easy. Anyway, ordered it 9/19. I have a build date of 10/6. Then, I guess I'll see how long it takes to get from Oxford to the ship, then overseas, and finally to Pittsburgh. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a Halloween delivery (or am I being unrealistic?).

Can't wait to track its journey overseas... and then finally drive it!

(And say goodbye to my Subaru. Ha ha.)

Old 10-03-2011 | 06:41 AM
vicmini
1st Gear
@slifkinj, we ordered our cars on the same day but I don't know why I never got a production date. My owners lounge says that my car is scheduled for production (I don't know if it started production or not). I'm also hoping for a late october delivery lets hope we get it by then.

Old 10-03-2011 | 07:45 AM
mrluckypa
5th Gear
Vicmini,

There are two (or maybe more) possible reasons. 1. Color you ordered, if it is one of the less popular ones, there will be a wait for enough of the same color to be produced. or 2. Dealers have a limited number of production slots available for a given month. or 3??????? Be patient. My CM sat in scheduled for production for about a month. Found out it was our color that held it up. Ordered 7/18 finished production 8/19 shipped from Bremerhaven 8/13 delivered 9/23. Expect up to 10 weeks but it could be sooner.

Old 10-03-2011 | 08:24 AM
area51tazz
1st Gear
Gizmo is at the port, awaiting shipment.

Can you tell if they're going to be on K-Line or WW before they get on? When I type in the VIN on the tracking site, it doesn't show anything...and knowing my luck, he'll be on an informationless k-line :(

Old 10-03-2011 | 08:30 AM
vicmini
1st Gear
@mrluckypa, which color is your mini? mine is eclipse grey.

Quick Reply: "Those Waiting for a 2012" Support Group