1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"Those Waiting for a 2012" Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2011, 08:30 PM
SCMountaineer
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So I ordered mine last Monday and was told six weeks. One down, and five to go. But I haven't gotten a production number yet. Don't you usually have those in a day or two?

Old 10-09-2011, 09:21 PM
chaswyck
5th Gear
Originally Posted by SCMountaineer
So I ordered mine last Monday and was told six weeks. One down, and five to go. But I haven't gotten a production number yet. Don't you usually have those in a day or two?
I got it the day I ordered it. It was on the worksheet listing all the options. However, my dealer gave me one of his inventory numbers so it was for a car that he had already ordered and he just changed the order to my specs. This has resulted in speeding up the production process bu at least 10 days. In effect it's like having someone wait in linbe for you and then jumping into that place in line. If he assigns the next number in his allotment, yours will follow all his others up to that point. At least that's how I understand it.

Old 10-10-2011, 05:48 AM
area51tazz
1st Gear
I concur...but once they place the order, you should get a Production Order Number. Call your MA

Old 10-10-2011, 05:51 AM
SCMountaineer
4th Gear
Maybe there is one and I just dont have it yet, my dealer also gave me one of their inventory numbers to make my wait shorter.

Old 10-10-2011, 08:51 AM
V4DER
Neutral
Hey everyone, thought I'd see how everyone's waiting is going. I am waiting for my new coupe to come in, should be here on the 13th. This will be my second MINI, I sold my previous about 2 months ago. In the meantime I have been with my wife and her MINI, she's on the forums too as oddrockinegg. I had a name on here previously, but I figured I'd create a new one to represent my new car.

Old 10-10-2011, 09:06 AM
vicmini
1st Gear
Returned to shipper?

When i cheked my car's status on the ship today it said returned to shipper. Im not sure what it means but i am very depresed by the way it sounds! Anyone has an idea what that means? Thank you

Old 10-10-2011, 09:25 AM
PatM
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by vicmini
When i cheked my car's status on the ship today it said returned to shipper. Im not sure what it means but i am very depresed by the way it sounds! Anyone has an idea what that means? Thank you
I haven't heard that before. That is a new one for me. Did you hear that from Mini or the ship company?

Old 10-10-2011, 09:55 AM
vicmini
1st Gear
PatM, I saw it in the WW tracking site.. its all very weird since the boat my car appeared to be booked on was a k-line ship.

Old 10-10-2011, 09:58 AM
mrluckypa
5th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Vicmini,

Maybe you have twins? Paternal at that.

Old 10-10-2011, 10:01 AM
mrluckypa
5th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
SC,

Six weeks???? Good luck, It's more like 10 unless this vehicle was preordered by the dealer 3 weeks prior. Most people here have had to wait 8 - 12 weeks and beyond. We waited a tad bit over 11 weeks.

Old 10-10-2011, 10:03 AM
SCMountaineer
4th Gear
I might die if I have to wait that long. My understanding was that they gave me one of their dealership slots. But the MA says she hasnt gotten the production number yet, which worries me. I was told eight weeks would be the longest.

Old 10-10-2011, 10:19 AM
exyank
1st Gear
SCM, I ordered 8/31. Was "given" a slot dealer had. Got production number w/in 48 hours. Production was complete 9/24. Car arrived in Southampton 9/26. Car put on boat 10/5.

I don't think many of the dealer staff have an understanding of the process timing. Note I am not saying they are untruthful, just that they don't know what happens in Oxford, Southampton, or even VDC.

Old 10-10-2011, 10:21 AM
vicmini
1st Gear
Originally Posted by mrluckypa
Vicmini,

Maybe you have twins? Paternal at that.
What do you mean?

Old 10-10-2011, 10:31 AM
vicmini
1st Gear
Out of 119 vehicles, 22 were not loaded on the ship. Of course mine had to be one of those 22 since I'm the most exited among all the 119!!!! aaahhhhh!!!!

Old 10-10-2011, 10:33 AM
smcphc
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by exyank
SCM, I ordered 8/31. Was "given" a slot dealer had. Got production number w/in 48 hours. Production was complete 9/24. Car arrived in Southampton 9/26. Car put on boat 10/5.

I don't think many of the dealer staff have an understanding of the process timing. Note I am not saying they are untruthful, just that they don't know what happens in Oxford, Southampton, or even VDC.
Mine was ordered on 8/29, I was given a production number that day. Production complete on 9/20, put on a boat on 9/29, ship is due in Brunswick, GA tomorrow 10/11. I'm hoping a week to 10 days to get through the VDC and to the dealer, that'll put me just past 7 weeks.

Old 10-10-2011, 02:41 PM
SCMountaineer
4th Gear
sigh...emailed my MA, who intimated that they did NOT give me a dealership slot. Will know more tomorrow when the dealership GM is in. Im a lil screwed if its much more than six weeks...Ive already sold my other car, and I can only keep my loaner til Thanksgiving.

Old 10-10-2011, 02:59 PM
b&WCM
3rd Gear
sigh...emailed my MA, who intimated that they did NOT give me a dealership slot. Will know more tomorrow when the dealership GM is in. Im a lil screwed if its much more than six weeks...Ive already sold my other car, and I can only keep my loaner til Thanksgiving.
Where do you live? If it is in the western US then there is no way you will get your vehicle quicker than 8 weeks, even if you do get a dealer production slot.

It takes a minimum of 1 week to get the slot and scheduled for Production, 2-3 weeks to build, 1 week to ship to port, 1 week to catch the boat, 3 weeks to ship to Port Hueneme CA, 1-2 weeks to get from VDC to dealer to you.

All total 9 - 11 weeks. If you live in the Eastern US it is probably 2 weeks sooner. So 7 - 9 weeks. If your sales rep told you that you would get it sooner than 8 weeks then he was misinforming you.

Old 10-10-2011, 03:04 PM
SCMountaineer
4th Gear
Im in Greenville, SC...a few hours from the Charleston port.

Old 10-10-2011, 03:06 PM
area51tazz
1st Gear
Moritz Mini gave me a loaner for 2 weeks...maybe they can do the same to cover you for the last week or two

Old 10-10-2011, 03:07 PM
b&WCM
3rd Gear
Im in Greenville, SC...a few hours from the Charleston port.
OK, then if your dealer gave you one his production slots your wait will be 7-9 weeks. If he didn't then your wait will be 2-3 weeks longer.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but 6 weeks ain't happening.

Old 10-10-2011, 03:19 PM
slifkinj
1st Gear
Originally Posted by vicmini
Out of 119 vehicles, 22 were not loaded on the ship. Of course mine had to be one of those 22 since I'm the most exited among all the 119!!!! aaahhhhh!!!!
Well, mine's still listed as being in the paint shop four days after its completion date (via ASK-MINI). Of course, online it's listed as "awaiting transport." What to believe? Patience... Yeah...

Old 10-10-2011, 03:21 PM
F1racegirl
2nd Gear
Me Too!

Having a great time following this thread. I ordered my Ice Blue Justa on 10/1. Dealer also told me 6 weeks. As far as I know they gave me one of their slots.

I received my production number on 10/7. Just called askmini and they said it is scheduled for production, but no date was avaiable.

I'm sooo excited and hope my new baby arrives before Thanksgiving.

Old 10-10-2011, 05:06 PM
chaswyck
5th Gear
Originally Posted by b&WCM
Where do you live? If it is in the western US then there is no way you will get your vehicle quicker than 8 weeks, even if you do get a dealer production slot.

It takes a minimum of 1 week to get the slot and scheduled for Production, 2-3 weeks to build, 1 week to ship to port, 1 week to catch the boat, 3 weeks to ship to Port Hueneme CA, 1-2 weeks to get from VDC to dealer to you.

All total 9 - 11 weeks. If you live in the Eastern US it is probably 2 weeks sooner. So 7 - 9 weeks. If your sales rep told you that you would get it sooner than 8 weeks then he was misinforming you.
Mine has been faster than your estimate. I ordered it on 9/19 and left the dealer with my production number that day. It was on the sheet I was given called "Order Modification Confirmation because they gave me a slot for which they had already ordered a red one for their stock. I know this because a couple of days later when I put that production number into the Where's Your Baby on the MINI Owners Lounge page it said it was a red hardtop. Of course I freaked out thinking they had ordered the wrong color, but the next day it changed to Spice Orange with all the options I had ordered. My car is now on the Asian Vision which sails from Southampton tomorrow. So, that's a total of 21 days from ordering at the dealer to the car being on the ship. I admit that I got very lucky. Apparently the slot he gave me was one that was very close to production and I also got lucky with the ship. The car was finished on 10/6 and arrived at the port in Southampton on 10/8, put on the ship on 10/10 which sails on 10/11. Unfortunately (for purposes of getting the car at least) I live in CA so the sailing takes 21 days. If I lived in NY, my car would have been offloaded in Jersey City exactly 4 weeks - 28 days from the date I ordered it (8 days from Southampton to Jersey City). Because it's coming to CA, it won't arrive here until 11/2. However, if it can get to the dealer a week after that (the dealer is only 100 miles from the VDC), I should have the car about 51 days after the day I ordered it. That would be 4 1/2 weeks to CA, well short of the 8 week estimate. Getting a dealer slot speeds things up A LOT! BTW, my MA has been totally clueless and useless in this process. He sent me this email today after I had already found out it was on the ship, "[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]Your MINI hasn't been shipped yet. As soon as I find out what ship it's on I'll let you know."
[/SIZE][/FONT]

Last edited by chaswyck; 10-10-2011 at 05:18 PM.
Old 10-10-2011, 05:16 PM
Bubble and Squeak
4th Gear
The CARMEN is nowhere to be found on marinetraffic.com so not sure where it is.

Question for the group. Boat lands in Baltimore on 10/13. I am having the Rally Lights installed at the VDC. The car needs to go 50 miles away, to Mini of Sterling. How fast is Baltimore, and how long to get my car to the dealer?

Old 10-10-2011, 05:21 PM
b&WCM
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by chaswyck
Mine has been faster than your estimate. I ordered it on 9/19 and left the dealer with my production number that day. It was on the sheet I was given called "Order Modification Confirmation because they gave me a slot for which they had already ordered a red one for their stock. I know this because a couple of days later when I put that production number into the Where's Your Baby on the MINI Owners Lounge page it said it was a red hardtop. Of course I freaked out thinking they had ordered the wrong color, but the next day it changed to Spice Orange with all the options I had ordered. My car is now on the Asian Vision which sails from Southampton tomorrow. So, that's a total of 21 days from ordering at the dealer to the car being on the ship. I admit that I got very lucky. Apparently the slot he gave me was one that was very close to production and I also got lucky with the ship. The car was finished on 10/6 and arrived at the port in Southampton on 10/8, put on the ship on 10/10 which sails on 10/11. Unfortunately (for purposes of getting the car at least) I live in CA so the sailing takes 21 days. If I lived in NY, my car would have been offloaded in Jersey City exactly 4 weeks - 28 days from the date I ordered it (8 days from Southampton to Jersey City). Because it's coming to CA, it won't arrive here until 11/2. However, if it can get to the dealer a week after that (the dealer is only 100 miles from the VDC), I should have the car about 51 days after the day I ordered it. That would be 4 1/2 weeks to CA, well short of the 8 week estimate. Getting a dealer slot speeds things up A LOT!
Ok you ordered it on 9/19 and with luck you might be able to pick it up from the dealer on 11/9. Thats 7 weeks and 2 days. You received a good slot from your dealer and you admit to luck hitting the boat schedule exactly right. As a boat sales only every week and 1/2 or so.

I said 9- 11 weeks to CA once ordered from the dealer. Maybe 2 weeks earlier if you get a production slot. That would be 7-9 weeks. Yours is taking 7+ weeks. Where am I wrong and how do you get 4 and 1/2 weeks? 9/19 to 11/9 is 7 weeks and 2 days.

Quick Reply: "Those Waiting for a 2012" Support Group