1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"Those Waiting for a 2012" Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2011, 08:41 AM
BigPimpinCook
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Actual Production Date: 6/30/2011
Departed Port: 7/2/2011
Arrived at VPC: 7/15/2011
Process Confirmed: 7/28/2011
Ship From VPC: (ESTIMATED 7/28/2011)
Dealer Delivery: (ESTIMATED 7/30/2011)

MA contacted me this morning saying there is no update and that it still hasn't left the VPC. It was scheduled to leave the VPC on the 20th before they adjusted to the 28th. Obviously that is wrong.

Old 08-01-2011, 08:55 AM
BigPimpinCook
1st Gear
Originally Posted by Vapok
EEK! I pickup my car in 2 hours!!!!!!!! =) ~~~~
Post pictures of your mirror with the compass when you get your Mini. I'm upset I didn't know about that option.

Old 08-01-2011, 08:58 AM
cricketk
Neutral
EEK! I pickup my car in 2 hours!!!!!!!! =) ~~~~
WOOHOO!!!!!

I'm getting mine tomorrow afternoon. I will post pics.

Old 08-01-2011, 04:56 PM
Vapok
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by BigPimpinCook
Post pictures of your mirror with the compass when you get your Mini. I'm upset I didn't know about that option.
SQUEAL! I'm as happy as I can be!!!

So the Mirror with the compass is the same mirror, but on the corner just an orange N/W/S/E. Nothing too crazy. I got the Navigation system, so it's kind of redundant, but cool none the less!

Officially (info from MINI USA directly): First Production Year 2012 MINI!

Folks, waiting, it's worth it. It really is. Hang in there and don't bug your MA too much. (I kept it to once a day for 2 months.. haha).

Attached Thumbnails "Those Waiting for a 2012" Support Group-img_0624.jpg   "Those Waiting for a 2012" Support Group-img_0626.jpg   "Those Waiting for a 2012" Support Group-img_0628.jpg  
Old 08-02-2011, 05:50 AM
veevsato
1st Gear
That does sound bad. I would contact your MA. Once a vehicle has been produced and completed, it's up to the MA to monitor and watch it's status from Southhampton to the US.

Finally an update. Looks like they must have overbooked the first ship. The Wallenius site now shows I am booked on the Mignon (the best ships are always named after steaks?!?!?!) which departs tomorrow 8/3 for baltimore.

Old 08-02-2011, 06:13 AM
withflyingcolors
2nd Gear

So the Mirror with the compass is the same mirror, but on the corner just an orange N/W/S/E. Nothing too crazy. I got the Navigation system, so it's kind of redundant, but cool none the less!

Folks, waiting, it's worth it. It really is. Hang in there and don't bug your MA too much. (I kept it to once a day for 2 months.. haha).
LOVE IT!!!!! Congrats!!!!!!

Old 08-03-2011, 06:55 PM
BigPimpinCook
1st Gear
I sent an e-mail to my MA today and she sent a reply saying my car was delivered today! I was just about to put gas in my DD today too.

I'll either be able to pick it up tomorrow or Saturday. Can't wait!

Old 08-03-2011, 07:18 PM
alixcks
2nd Gear
I'm trying to keep track of my car in two ways: the ASK MINI hotline and the Owner's Lounge. Thing is that they say two different things, the former saying it's complete and waiting for the carrier, and the latter saying that it's scheduled for production. What makes my MINI experience even more awkward is when I called my dealer and the person who picked up said that my MA left the company...

WHAT TO DO!?

Old 08-03-2011, 09:55 PM
Vapok
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by alixcks
I'm trying to keep track of my car in two ways: the ASK MINI hotline and the Owner's Lounge. Thing is that they say two different things, the former saying it's complete and waiting for the carrier, and the latter saying that it's scheduled for production. What makes my MINI experience even more awkward is when I called my dealer and the person who picked up said that my MA left the company...

WHAT TO DO!?
ASKMINI always provides correct information. Owner's Lounge is ALWAYS 24-48 hours behind.

As for your MA, I would just make friends with the Sales Manager.

Old 08-04-2011, 12:20 AM
BigPimpinCook
1st Gear
Originally Posted by vapok
askmini always provides correct information. Owner's lounge is always 24-48 hours behind.

As for your ma, i would just make friends with the sales manager.
+1

Old 08-05-2011, 03:47 PM
Subzero
4th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
-snip old info-

Last edited by Subzero; 08-08-2011 at 12:10 PM.
Old 08-05-2011, 03:57 PM
acorrea
1st Gear
Old 08-05-2011, 06:12 PM
SpankyandAndy
1st Gear
Originally Posted by acorrea
Here's my new 2012 MCS Convertible!!

https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...um/Mini225.jpg
Very nice R57! I'm living vicariously through those of you receiving your MINI's until mine arrives....so keep the pics and excitement coming!

Old 08-05-2011, 10:12 PM
BigPimpinCook
1st Gear
Received the car on Thursday around 6PM! Been driving the crap out of it since. I immediately changed the S side scuttles to the JCW side scuttles and replaced all of the amber bulbs with chrome amber bulbs. I love the car more every time I drive it. Perfect daily driver!

I have the JCW sport suspension and JCW tuning kit sitting in my living room, just haven't been able to stop driving the car to install the parts.

I also got the chrome trim around the top grille which I was bracing myself for. It's not that bad... but I still think it would be better if it were all black. Everyone else who has seen the car thinks differently. I do what I want because I'm grown, but man... I'm conflicted. Decisions, decisions.

The wait is worth it! These are great cars! Hardly anyone has one where I live. I've seen one R56 and it looked very basic. All of the other Coopers in town are R53s.

Old 08-06-2011, 03:48 AM
SpankyandAndy
1st Gear
Bigpimpincook - if you are out of the car long enough to snap some pics send them our way. Otherwise, if you can't stay out of the car long enough, stay still so someone else can get a snappy to post for you. Congrats, man!

Old 08-06-2011, 04:18 AM
richreef
3rd Gear
Thought I'd pop in to say hi.I just ordered a 2012 r 58 coupe Blue/Silver roof,Polar Leather,Mini Soda Dash, JCW package,bluetooth,Xeons with black housing. Trading in my 2006 BRG MCS convertible which I love but it's time to move on. Anyway I placed the first order at my dealership for the new Coupe and I'm still waiting for a production number. Having been through all this in 2006 I know how exciting it is. Good luck all and I'll be popping in nownand then with my progress.

Old 08-06-2011, 10:55 AM
alixcks
2nd Gear
Congrats to those who already received their new Minis! Extremely jealous! Can't wait to see a lot of pictures.

Old 08-07-2011, 08:49 AM
Blk Diamond
1st Gear
My MA just sent me the first photos of my 2012 MCCS!!!
She's a beauty! I'm sure you on top of the world right now! Congrats!

Old 08-07-2011, 05:10 PM
JenK
2nd Gear

Looks awesome! How about some interior pics??? congrats!

Old 08-08-2011, 12:07 PM
Subzero
4th Gear
Small update, my car reached the dealer 7 days ago and is still not ready for pickup due to the JCW tuning kit being incompatible with 2012s. They have the intake and exhaust on, but the ECU tune is not being recognized and my car is not driveable until the problem is resolved.

As an incredible gesture, the dealer installed a JCW strut brace under the hood without me even asking, but I'm really getting antsy to pick him up.
Jon

Old 08-08-2011, 03:30 PM
SpankyandAndy
1st Gear
Originally Posted by Subzero
Small update, my car reached the dealer 7 days ago and is still not ready for pickup due to the JCW tuning kit being incompatible with 2012s. They have the intake and exhaust on, but the ECU tune is not being recognized and my car is not driveable until the problem is resolved.

As an incredible gesture, the dealer installed a JCW strut brace under the hood without me even asking, but I'm really getting antsy to pick him up.
Jon
Man, I feel bad for you.

I was upset about my R57 being in the paint shop since 7/20. My MA called MINI and was told that my new MINI shows in the paint shop because a lot of workers at the factory are on vacation right now but it should be done by next week. I don't feel so bad now, I'd rather not have at my dealer than having it there but not being able to drive it.

Last edited by SpankyandAndy; 08-08-2011 at 05:25 PM.
Old 08-08-2011, 05:06 PM
aeiron
1st Gear
I just ordered my 2012 Pepper White Clubman S. Scheduled for production in September. So I guess I should expect it around November. Gonna be a loooong wait.

Old 08-10-2011, 04:25 AM
Subzero
4th Gear
Originally Posted by SpankyandAndy
Man, I feel bad for you.
Thanks for the support bro, I appreciate it. The worst part is that everyone in my life knows I've been planning this for 5 years now. They are all so excited for me, and having to answer "Did you get your car yet?" with the same answer is starting to become a bit embarrassing.

I can't praise the dealership and the personnel enough for what they've done for me, but it's kind of disconcerting that a car brand like MINI does so many things right, yet they sell a flagship line of parts like the JCW that simply don't work with their product line. If any other brand of car came close to those charades, they'd be run out of town, but because it's a MINI we are supposed to smile uncomfortably and pretend the quirkiness is somehow a virtue. Let's see what day 10 brings.

thanks mate
Jon

Old 08-10-2011, 05:00 PM
schalcosky
Neutral
Hello everyone!

After months of dithering about it, I broke down this Sunday and put in an order for a new 2012 British Racing Green Cooper S to replace my '04 Cooper. I can hardly wait.

I'm having trouble checking on the status, however. I was told by my motoring adviser to wait a couple days and then check the Owners' Lounge for my status. However, I haven't been able to log on to the OL at all. I can enter my username and password, but it kicks me back out with:

"We apologize for the inconvenience but due to special circumstances, we are unable to complete your request at this time. Please try again later."

It looks like other people in this thread can check their OL status; am I the only one having this problem?

Old 08-10-2011, 05:26 PM
Blk Diamond
1st Gear
Originally Posted by BigPimpinCook
Received the car on Thursday around 6PM! Been driving the crap out of it since. I immediately changed the S side scuttles to the JCW side scuttles and replaced all of the amber bulbs with chrome amber bulbs. I love the car more every time I drive it. Perfect daily driver!

I have the JCW sport suspension and JCW tuning kit sitting in my living room, just haven't been able to stop driving the car to install the parts.

I also got the chrome trim around the top grille which I was bracing myself for. It's not that bad... but I still think it would be better if it were all black. Everyone else who has seen the car thinks differently. I do what I want because I'm grown, but man... I'm conflicted. Decisions, decisions.

The wait is worth it! These are great cars! Hardly anyone has one where I live. I've seen one R56 and it looked very basic. All of the other Coopers in town are R53s.
Have you posted photos of your new baby yet? If not, please do!

Quick Reply: "Those Waiting for a 2012" Support Group