1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"Those Waiting for a 2012" Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2011 | 05:23 PM
Slave to Felines
6th Gear
Originally Posted by chaswyck
It was on the sheet I was given called "Order Modification Confirmation because they gave me a slot for which they had already ordered a red one for their stock. I know this because a couple of days later when I put that production number into the Where's Your Baby on the MINI Owners Lounge page it said it was a red hardtop.
My experience is almost identical to yours. Ordered on 8/23, they called another dealer and swapped production spots for one that started almost immediately. The OL had the wrong color and options for the first few days, then it was correct.

The car was built as of 9/9, departed Southampton on 9/13 on board the Platinum Ray, and arrived at Port Hueneme on 10/4. It was ready for me to pick it up at the dealer on 10/7, and I did so.

That was just under 7 weeks from initial order to driving the car, on the West Coast. So it can happen (relatively) quickly.

I'm pretty sure I lucked out on loading schedules, VDC processing, and dealer prep times. It likely helped that my car is a very simple straightforward build, without lots of extra stuff for the VDC or dealer to do.

Old 10-10-2011 | 05:27 PM
PezRadar
5th Gear
Originally Posted by slifkinj
Well, mine's still listed as being in the paint shop four days after its completion date (via ASK-MINI). Of course, online it's listed as "awaiting transport." What to believe? Patience... Yeah...
That is common on ASK-MINI. Talk to a real person just by calling the number and hitting '0' then giving your production number.

They will probably tell you it is awaiting transport.

Originally Posted by area51tazz
Moritz Mini gave me a loaner for 2 weeks...maybe they can do the same to cover you for the last week or two
I bought my first MINI from Moritz back in 07 during the R56 launch. I had an awesome MA but unfortunately he is no longer there. My Coupe is being purchased through Mini of Plano now.

Originally Posted by Bubble and Squeak
The CARMEN is nowhere to be found on marinetraffic.com so not sure where it is.

Question for the group. Boat lands in Baltimore on 10/13. I am having the Rally Lights installed at the VDC. The car needs to go 50 miles away, to Mini of Sterling. How fast is Baltimore, and how long to get my car to the dealer?
Well of course the CARMEN isn't on MarineTraffic yet.. If it isn't arriving until 10/13 that means it is still well out into the Atlantic. It won't appear until 24 hrs before most likely.
Most cars will take 5-10 days from VDC to delivery. 5 being the fastest possible. My car is arriving apparently tonight at the dealership (Maybe early tomorrow morning) and it arrived back on the 5th at the VDC.

Old 10-10-2011 | 05:27 PM
b&WCM
3rd Gear
I received a dealer production slot on Aug. 2nd. My mini finished production on Aug 27th. It was at port in Bremerhaven on Aug. 31st. Missed the Toscana by one day. Made it on the Platinum Ray. Arrived in Port Hueneme on Oct. 4th.

Still waiting to hear back from dealer in Colorado if the vehicle has arrived. Takes 2 days for dealer to prep and install options. If I am lucky I can pick it up on Oct. 14th.

Thats a total of 10 and 1/2 weeks and I had a dealer production slot. I think my wait is more typical than expecting a 6 week wait.

Old 10-10-2011 | 05:36 PM
Bubble and Squeak
4th Gear
PezRadar, Thanks!

I was under the impression that it was 2011, and not 1723 and that ships were using GPS, radio, satellites and so on to report where they are all the time. Did not know that they were waiting until someone in the crows-nest spotted seagulls and only after the cry of "Land Hoe" they reported their position.

hehe

I (like most people here) want my car.

Old 10-10-2011 | 05:36 PM
b&WCM
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by Slave to Felines
My experience is almost identical to yours. Ordered on 8/23, they called another dealer and swapped production spots for one that started almost immediately. The OL had the wrong color and options for the first few days, then it was correct.

The car was built as of 9/9, departed Southampton on 9/13 on board the Platinum Ray, and arrived at Port Hueneme on 10/4. It was ready for me to pick it up at the dealer on 10/7, and I did so.

That was just under 7 weeks from initial order to driving the car, on the West Coast. So it can happen (relatively) quickly.

I'm pretty sure I lucked out on loading schedules, VDC processing, and dealer prep times. It likely helped that my car is a very simple straightforward build, without lots of extra stuff for the VDC or dealer to do.
Yeah, it does make a big difference as to what you order. A CM is made in Graz Austria and a justa is made in Oxford, England. The trip to South Hampton is a few hours for a justa, but almost a week for the CM. Also I think there are more ships that leave more often from South Hampton, than from Bremerhaven. In addition, the fewer the dealer options, stripes, mask, tint, etc. the faster the dealer turn-around time.

I'm not saying it is impossible that a dealer quotes 6 weeks to delivery but it is misleading as almost no one on these boards gets it in less than 7 and most wait 9 or longer.

Old 10-10-2011 | 05:40 PM
chaswyck
5th Gear
Originally Posted by b&WCM
Ok you ordered it on 9/19 and with luck you might be able to pick it up from the dealer on 11/9. Thats 7 weeks and 2 days. You received a good slot from your dealer and you admit to luck hitting the boat schedule exactly right. As a boat sales only every week and 1/2 or so.

I said 9- 11 weeks to CA once ordered from the dealer. Maybe 2 weeks earlier if you get a production slot. That would be 7-9 weeks. Yours is taking 7+ weeks. Where am I wrong and how do you get 4 and 1/2 weeks? 9/19 to 11/9 is 7 weeks and 2 days.
You're right. My math was wrong on the 4 1/2 weeks. A lot of this comes down to luck, I'm finding out.

Old 10-10-2011 | 05:40 PM
b&WCM
3rd Gear
PezRadar, Thanks!

I was under the impression that it was 2011, and not 1723 and that ships were using GPS, radio, satellites and so on to report where they are all the time. Did not know that they were waiting until someone in the crows-nest spotted seagulls and only after the cry of "Land Hoe" they reported their position.

hehe

AIS does use modern navigation tracking but the ships are only picked up when they are near a tracking system. If they are out to sea they don't get picked up and their position isn't reported. Probably WW or K-Line know exactly where they are but AIS doesn't track ships out at sea.

Old 10-10-2011 | 06:10 PM
PezRadar
5th Gear
AIS does use modern navigation tracking but the ships are only picked up when they are near a tracking system. If they are out to sea they don't get picked up and their position isn't reported. Probably WW or K-Line know exactly where they are but AIS doesn't track ships out at sea.
Yep.. On the bright side you get to watch your car go all the way up the Chesapeake Bay to Baltimore so it will be in tracking for quite some time on its final day.

Unfortunately there is a hunk of land which forces the ship to sail south to the VA/NC border only to sail back north to Baltimore .. Doh! :P

Old 10-10-2011 | 06:14 PM
Bubble and Squeak
4th Gear
I think that may be a good idea, I do not want pirates taking our cars hostage. I would bet BMW would not rescue them.

Old 10-10-2011 | 06:21 PM
davydo
3rd Gear
Your vehicle is scheduled for production, but no confirmed production date yet. GrrgrRGGRrgrgaaa....rarrrrgh.

Site still shows "on order".

Just venting.

Old 10-10-2011 | 07:33 PM
vicmini
1st Gear
Well, mine's still listed as being in the paint shop four days after its completion date (via ASK-MINI). Of course, online it's listed as "awaiting transport." What to believe? Patience... Yeah...
Try your whole vin in the cargo id section here: https://att.2wglobal.com/gstattweb/o...uickSearchPage

Old 10-10-2011 | 07:58 PM
jamesday24
6th Gear
Got an email from my MA today. My JCW Coupe that I ordered way back on 8/8 finally went into production on Friday.

Old 10-10-2011 | 08:03 PM
b&WCM
3rd Gear
Looks pretty stunning!

You wouldn't happen to be a raiders fan, would you?

Old 10-10-2011 | 08:24 PM
Tikigod
3rd Gear
Mine is OFFICIALLY parked in my garage - ordered on August 18th - arrived at the dealership on 10/6 - picked it up this evening - they even did a full unveiling in the showroom - got the full tour of all the functions and how to program a few things - paired my phone (works flawlessly so far) - and out I went. Now I can't wait to have some more time to actually drive it. Might have to develop a sudden cold and take a few days off work

Old 10-10-2011 | 08:29 PM
cloud10
4th Gear
PezRadar, Thanks!

hehe

So glad to see someone else on here waiting for an MCS convertible. I thought I was the only one with an order in for one. Mine started its build Oct. 1 and finished in the paint shop on the 7th. I've been through the birthing pains before with my '08 Clubman S. I was on the waiting list for 25 months for Clubby before I could order it (first order for AZ). I still have the video of the ship going through the Panama Canal.
I'm excited about the cabrio, too, but since I'm alone now it isn't as sweet as when my husband was alive. I was so psyched with OTTO that I ended up writing an article on it for Roundel magazine. It helped siphon off a bit of the adrenaline rush of the wait.

I'm wondering if anyone else there is a week 40 build. MAD MAX is now waiting for transport to Southampton. Hoping he has a sweet ride to Port Hueneme. At least my lifesize gorillas will finally have a new cabrio to ride in. I have gorillas in all my cars, but these two girls lost their ride when I sold my BMW 330Ci. Hope they fit in the back of the MINI.

Old 10-10-2011 | 09:38 PM
chaswyck
5th Gear
If you're using the automated system, it's always way way behind. It still listed my car as in the paint shop this afternoon and it was already either on the dock or loaded onto the ship by then. Talk to a live person at ASK-MINI and they will have more up to date info. If it's already left Oxford, there isn't anything they can tell you other than that. Go to http://schedule.2wglobal.com/AppSche...pe=generatePDF and click on "Customer Centre" then "Track & Trace". Put your full VIN # in the cargo ID box on the right and click "track". If your car is on the Asian Vision, you see information about the voyage on the page that comes up next. If it's not on that ship, it will tell you that the record wasn't found. Good luck! Let us know how you make out. I bet it's on there because I think your car and mine were on exactly the same schedule through production.

Old 10-11-2011 | 04:18 AM
slifkinj
1st Gear
Originally Posted by chaswyck
If you're using the automated system, it's always way way behind. It still listed my car as in the paint shop this afternoon and it was already either on the dock or loaded onto the ship by then. Talk to a live person at ASK-MINI and they will have more up to date info. If it's already left Oxford, there isn't anything they can tell you other than that. Go to http://schedule.2wglobal.com/AppSche...pe=generatePDF and click on "Customer Centre" then "Track & Trace". Put your full VIN # in the cargo ID box on the right and click "track". If your car is on the Asian Vision, you see information about the voyage on the page that comes up next. If it's not on that ship, it will tell you that the record wasn't found. Good luck! Let us know how you make out. I bet it's on there because I think your car and mine were on exactly the same schedule through production.
Originally Posted by vicmini
Try your whole vin in the cargo id section here: https://att.2wglobal.com/gstattweb/o...uickSearchPage
Thanks both for your help! From what I can tell it's now at Southampton waiting to be loaded onto a ship. I will checking the WW line information later (and again and again). Getting closer to reality...

Last edited by slifkinj; 10-11-2011 at 04:42 AM.
Old 10-11-2011 | 05:53 AM
area51tazz
1st Gear
Gizmo will now have been sitting at the port for 2 weeks. (Assuming he even makes the 10-15 ship)

He missed the 10-1 boat, and now he's not on the 10-11 boat. I have to wait till he gets here to get my apartment....aaaggghhh

Old 10-11-2011 | 06:41 AM
smcphc
2nd Gear
Gizmo will now have been sitting at the port for 2 weeks. (Assuming he even makes the 10-15 ship)

He missed the 10-1 boat, and now he's not on the 10-11 boat. I have to wait till he gets here to get my apartment....aaaggghhh
I've ran into so many unknowns that I can sympathize. My CM is on a the Georgia Highway. It's a K-Line boat, so it doesn't have the VIN tracking tools that WW has. I never knew it had shipped until 6 days after it boarded, and once I heard that the week was pretty stress free, knowing it was at least heading to Brunswick. No need to call Ask MINI or check the OL. The ship is due in port today, and of course the port of Brunswick has no vessel arrival information and the ship hasn't updated it's position since the 9th. It's gonna be another long week wondering how it's doing getting through the VDC and onto a truck.

Old 10-11-2011 | 06:54 AM
jbs111
4th Gear
@ Chaswyck
Looks like we are on the same ship to So. Cal...... along with 439 of our fellow Minis!

Old 10-11-2011 | 09:49 AM
b&WCM
3rd Gear

Are you sure you missed the 10-11 boat?

If you have ordered a CM and it is shipping to Port Hueneme, it won't show up in the WW track and trace VIN search. It also might not update with Owners Lounge or Ask Mini for several days after the mini is loaded.

Old 10-11-2011 | 10:18 AM
jamesday24
6th Gear
Looks pretty stunning!

You wouldn't happen to be a raiders fan, would you?
NOOOOOOO!

Old 10-11-2011 | 02:31 PM
SCMountaineer
4th Gear
Well finally got a production number, and Im Week 44! If my math is right, that puts me much closer to the 8 weeks most of you warned me about. LOL. Oh well...I guess it will get here when it gets here. Anyone else that week?

Old 10-11-2011 | 05:07 PM
saharadan
Neutral
Originally Posted by SCMountaineer
Im in Greenville, SC...a few hours from the Charleston port.
Are they shipping yours in to Charleston? I live in Charleston, and mine is getting shipped in through Brunswick, GA. I thought that was odd. I think Bliss is sitting over in England waiting on her ship to come in. haha. my MA is not returning my calls and the ww site does not find any cargo matching her VIN number. I am so frustrated!!!

Old 10-11-2011 | 05:10 PM
chaswyck
5th Gear
Thanks both for your help! From what I can tell it's now at Southampton waiting to be loaded onto a ship. I will checking the WW line information later (and again and again). Getting closer to reality...
It better get on there quick. It sails today, but I checked about a half hour ago and it's still at the dock.

Quick Reply: "Those Waiting for a 2012" Support Group