1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"Those Waiting for a 2012" Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2011, 08:59 AM
davydo
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by skyslug
HI! Quick question. I have on order my 2012 JCW cabrio. The build week is 44. I ordered my guy about 2-3 weeks ago but do not have a production number (I ordered it through military sales). Is this normal? Since I'm not familiar with the mil sales has anyone else done this before? Will I get anythign to track my guy with?

Guidance? Advice? Suggestions?

Thanks! :D
Looks like I'm in the same boat. I believe we both hit the november build if we're lucky. I had two local dealers delay me, now I don’t have anything to drive when the snows come - not too happy. I believe we'll go into prod later this month, from THERE there will be the 6-8 week turn.

Old 10-14-2011, 09:53 AM
PSM55
1st Gear
I haven't been able to get the WW tracking site to work. Expect our cars have been unloaded by now, though, because I see that the Carmen has moved on. I've got to call my MA today anyway, so will hope he knows something more. And I'm with you, the wait has gotten just a little bit harder now knowing the MINI is so close by.

Old 10-14-2011, 10:01 AM
exyank
1st Gear
MA just called. My car is at dealer & I can pick up Monday. I am excited.

I am also really disappointed in MINI systems and communication. On Weds, MA advised car would be delivered in 10-14 days. It still shows as "enroute" on the owners lounge.

Dealer is only 10 mins away. May go by and drool on it.

Old 10-14-2011, 10:09 AM
PSM55
1st Gear
Just spoke to MA; he confirmed that the car has been unloaded and says we are still on track for delivery early next week. Said he will let me know when it arrives at the dealership.

Old 10-14-2011, 10:13 AM
MdwstMINI
1st Gear
Any idea what it means that a car has received its load assignment? I think mine is somewhere between the factory and South Hampton or possibly waiting at S Hampton.

Old 10-14-2011, 10:33 AM
vicmini
1st Gear
Originally Posted by cloud10
I wonder what happened to it to return it to the shipper. I think you better really check it out when it arrives. I know if there is any damage MINI replaces things and makes it like new, but what a worry for you.
What model is it?
its a cooper s, i don't think it anything like that. besides my car 20 others were returned to the shipper so i guess is due to space issues.

Old 10-14-2011, 10:40 AM
skyslug
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by davydo
Looks like I'm in the same boat. I believe we both hit the november build if we're lucky. I had two local dealers delay me, now I don’t have anything to drive when the snows come - not too happy. I believe we'll go into prod later this month, from THERE there will be the 6-8 week turn.
Did you do the military sales and if you did, how/when did you get your production number?

I am so looking forward to going into production (and tracking my guy)!!! I can easily wait the 6-8 weeks after that once I know my MINI's been completed

Old 10-14-2011, 10:41 AM
cloud10
4th Gear
Originally Posted by vicmini
its a cooper s, i don't think it anything like that. besides my car 20 others were returned to the shipper so i guess is due to space issues.
That sounds better! I always worry about them sitting near the salt water air anyway.
This is my second time to wait for arrival and it doesn't get much easier. My CR Clubman S is waiting for his new cabrio buddy to arrive. All I need is more time to drive the cars. I'm a bit of a pig with 4, but the only ones that truly count are the 2 MINIs.
I'm killing time by researching available plates with the motor vehicle dept.

Hope you hear more on your Cooper S. Nothing beats the day you get to pick it up and drive it home.

Old 10-14-2011, 01:25 PM
minipuck
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by exyank
MA just called. My car is at dealer & I can pick up Monday. I am excited.

I am also really disappointed in MINI systems and communication. On Weds, MA advised car would be delivered in 10-14 days. It still shows as "enroute" on the owners lounge.

Dealer is only 10 mins away. May go by and drool on it.
Do it!

See if you cant get it before then too - the EUROfest is up in Spartanburg at the BMW factory this weekend...take the new ride and go win yourself a car show class

Thats what I did

Old 10-14-2011, 04:25 PM
exyank
1st Gear
MA stayed late to deliver my car. Had been scheduled for Monday, but she got it to me today.

May I present the Stig

Phone shot, will get better pics over weekend.

Old 10-14-2011, 08:44 PM
Bubble and Squeak
4th Gear
Originally Posted by PSM55
Just spoke to MA; he confirmed that the car has been unloaded and says we are still on track for delivery early next week. Said he will let me know when it arrives at the dealership.
Mine too! Are you out of Mini of Sterling?

The OL lounge now shows at VDC. I know it updates slowly, it was unloaded off the CARMEN yesterday.

Can't wait!

Old 10-14-2011, 08:54 PM
Nanovanman
1st Gear
Ordered May 4, picked it up 10/13, man I reckon it was worth the wait, I'll put pics on the Countryman pictures thread. Sure drives nice!!

Old 10-15-2011, 06:05 AM
PSM55
1st Gear
Huck -- OL says same for mine. I read somewhere in here that the VDC is normally closed on weekends, so I'm thinking Tues/Wed delivery is much more likely than Monday. Sure would be nice to have this beautiful weather on delivery day! Dealer is Passport Mini of Alexandria.

Love your Mini Box, by the way!

Old 10-15-2011, 06:12 AM
PSM55
1st Gear
Bubble & Squeak --

My apologies; response was actually intended for you: OL says same for mine. I read somewhere in here that the VDC is normally closed on weekends, so I'm thinking Tues/Wed delivery is much more likely than Monday. Sure would be nice to have this beautiful weather on delivery day! Dealer is Passport Mini of Alexandria. BTW, love your Mini Box!

Old 10-15-2011, 11:28 AM
MdwstMINI
1st Gear
Intro

Greetings all. I've been browsing the forums for a few weeks now while not-so-patiently waiting for my MINI. I thought I'd go ahead and introduce myself. My little guy (tentatively calling him Thatcher) is booked on the Integrity to Baltimore next week. Any one else currently booked on the same ship?

He'll be my very first MINI. I drove my aunt's 2002 MCS one weekend. We have a lot of roundabouts here in Indy and zipping thru the first one was the kiss of death to my 2007 Mazda 3! I placed my order for Thatcher about a week later.

Old 10-15-2011, 01:36 PM
dwschmidt
1st Gear
Bubble and Squeak and PSM55,

Mine was also on the Carmen. Coming to MINI of Montgomery County. My MA has been great about updates--he let me know it is due at the dealer Monday or Tuesday. He said it needs a couple inspections, gas, and a bath, and it will be ready. He did not say how long the dealer will need. I think they will install the mirror caps as well at the dealer. Hope yours gets to your dealer soon as well. We certainly should have them by next weekend, hopefully sooner.

Duane.
----------
waiting on MC SO/B

Old 10-15-2011, 01:49 PM
gloomchen
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by MdwstMINI
He'll be my very first MINI. I drove my aunt's 2002 MCS one weekend. We have a lot of roundabouts here in Indy and zipping thru the first one was the kiss of death to my 2007 Mazda 3! I placed my order for Thatcher about a week later.
I'm replacing a 2007 Mazda 3 as well. It's funny, I always loved how that car drives, but then trying a MINI... yeah. Someone else can love the Mazda instead.

Old 10-15-2011, 02:18 PM
guyneutron
1st Gear
Talked to my MA,
Should be getting my White Silver Clubman S this week!
unfortunately I am going out of town for the weekend, so I won't get to drive it :(

Old 10-15-2011, 02:36 PM
cloud10
4th Gear
Originally Posted by guyneutron
Talked to my MA,
Should be getting my White Silver Clubman S this week!
unfortunately I am going out of town for the weekend, so I won't get to drive it :(
It will give you a great incentive to return home.

Even after owning my Clubman for 3-1/2 years I still love just being in the garage with it, let alone driving it. Just had my husband's workshop turned back into a one-car garage so now OTTO has his own spot away from the other cars in the back garage. It means I can take him out more without having to lock the dogs in to drive him out of the back garage. The garage seems to be just the right size for him, too. The only problem is that the new MINI is on its voyage here right now and so OTTO is going to have to take turns with MADD MAX.

Old 10-15-2011, 04:17 PM
slifkinj
1st Gear
Originally Posted by MdwstMINI
Greetings all. I've been browsing the forums for a few weeks now while not-so-patiently waiting for my MINI. I thought I'd go ahead and introduce myself. My little guy (tentatively calling him Thatcher) is booked on the Integrity to Baltimore next week. Any one else currently booked on the same ship?

Mine's also on the Integrity. Very cool. I drove a friend's 2006 MCS Cabrio a few years back and was hooked. Test drove one around one of our parks in Pittsburgh—it has a great serpentine on which they run an annual vintage race—and was sold. Looking forward to a change from the Forester.

Old 10-16-2011, 04:50 AM
JenK
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by exyank
MA stayed late to deliver my car. Had been scheduled for Monday, but she got it to me today.

May I present the Stig

Phone shot, will get better pics over weekend.
Nice, congrats!

Old 10-17-2011, 08:04 AM
MdwstMINI
1st Gear
Marinetraffic.com has the Integrity anchored at South Hampton this morning. I hope my MINI makes it on board!

Old 10-17-2011, 08:04 AM
jziol
Neutral
Returned to Shipper?

Hello Everyone,

I plugged my VIN into the WW cargo ship tracking, and it shows that it was booked on the 10/15 ship heading to Port Hueneme, but that it was returned to the shipper the same day. Did something happen to my car?

Thanks for the help.

Jeanette

Old 10-17-2011, 08:15 AM
MdwstMINI
1st Gear
Originally Posted by jziol
Hello Everyone,

I plugged my VIN into the WW cargo ship tracking, and it shows that it was booked on the 10/15 ship heading to Port Hueneme, but that it was returned to the shipper the same day. Did something happen to my car?
I think this may mean that the ship was too full. Hopefully you'll make the next departing vessel!

Old 10-17-2011, 08:28 AM
cloud10
4th Gear
I think you are luckier if the MINI goes on the next ship. As I remember from looking up the schedules, the ship that left the 15th has other stops and won't hit Port Hueneme until late November, but the next ship leaving is going directly to Port Hueneme with an earlier arrival date.

Quick Reply: "Those Waiting for a 2012" Support Group