1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"Those Waiting for a 2012" Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2011 | 07:18 AM
slifkinj
1st Gear
Originally Posted by F1racegirl
Looks like the Integrity is inching closer to Baltimore. Apparently you can track beyond Nova Scotia. here's the the latest: http://www.sailwx.info/shiptrack/shi...l?call=WDC6925

Now another 2 week wait till my car gets to St. Louis - I hope not.
Getting closer... The WWL site notes that my car went through "Customs Release" on the 25th (in NJ?), although I'm guessing it was still at sea. Perhaps to expedite matters?

I'm hoping it's a short stay at the VDC and then on the road to Pittsburgh sometime next week. Fingers crossed.

Old 10-27-2011 | 07:19 AM
MdwstMINI
1st Gear
Looks like the Integrity is inching closer to Baltimore. Apparently you can track beyond Nova Scotia. here's the the latest: http://www.sailwx.info/shiptrack/shi...l?call=WDC6925

Now another 2 week wait till my car gets to St. Louis - I hope not.
I'm watching it too! It doesn't show up on Marinetraffic.com so I appreciate your updates!

I'm surprised that your MA thinks it will take so long to get from Baltimore to St Louis. My MA is guessing 1 week from Baltimore to Indianapolis. Are you having any accessories installed at the VDC?

Old 10-27-2011 | 07:20 AM
MdwstMINI
1st Gear
Originally Posted by MdwstMINI
I'm watching it too! It doesn't show up on Marinetraffic.com so I appreciate your updates!

I'm surprised that your MA thinks it will take so long to get from Baltimore to St Louis. My MA is guessing 1 week from Baltimore to Indianapolis. Are you having any accessories installed at the VDC?
P.S. - Can't they dig a canal across Delaware to speed this up??

Old 10-27-2011 | 07:28 AM
danigurrl
4th Gear
This will be me! I'm putting in my order within the next 2 weeks. I'm going to get the "Mini Motor-tober" voucher this weekend for my $750 off!

Old 10-27-2011 | 07:33 AM
F1racegirl
2nd Gear
No accessories at the VDC, everything done at the factory. I wonder if we'll be on the same truck? Will it come straight to St. Louis from Indy? Or,will it make another stops (up to Chicago?) that would be an explanation for the extra time.

It looks like a long ride up Chesapeake Bay - I vote for the canal project too!

Old 10-27-2011 | 07:36 AM
MdwstMINI
1st Gear
No accessories at the VDC, everything done at the factory. I wonder if we'll be on the same truck? Will it come straight to St. Louis from Indy? Or,will it make another stops (up to Chicago?) that would be an explanation for the extra time.

It looks like a long ride up Chesapeake Bay - I vote for the canal project too!
I hope there are not additional stops. I would think Chicago would get separate trucks from us since they are higher volume dealers (I assume). I don't think the trucks hold very many cars and I know of at least one other person on NAM that should have a car going to Indy with mine. I hope it doesn't take a whole two weeks for you!

Old 10-27-2011 | 08:01 AM
F1racegirl
2nd Gear
I'm hoping for Nov 11th - I have a Holiday that day and a 3-day weekend. Maybe I'll get lucky and it will be even earlier.

Now I need to get busy and sell my 2001 BMW 330i......

Old 10-27-2011 | 10:17 AM
Slave to Felines
6th Gear
Originally Posted by slifkinj
Getting closer... The WWL site notes that my car went through "Customs Release" on the 25th (in NJ?), although I'm guessing it was still at sea. Perhaps to expedite matters?
Fenimore was listed as "Customs Release" a couple of hours before his ship even dropped anchor in Port Hueneme. Either it's a pro-forma deal they do over the radio, or the pilot ships bring someone on board to check, or something.

Oh, or perhaps the position info lagged behind the customs info? But 2 hours seems like a pretty big lag.

Old 10-27-2011 | 10:25 AM
F1racegirl
2nd Gear
The Integrity listed the customs release 3 days before it's due in port. And my MA tried to tell me that customs was one of the reasons it would take my car 2 weeks to reach St. Louis from Baltimore.

Old 10-27-2011 | 02:06 PM
Cpeavley
1st Gear
I am getting so excited!! Talked to my MA today and he said my bundle was loaded on the California Highway on the 22 and is scheduled to arrive at Brunswick Georgia on Nov 3rd. The crazy thing is WW doesn't even have me listed and Ask mini was about a week behind. Either way it want be long now. Now, can anyone tell me where i can track the ship?

Old 10-27-2011 | 02:38 PM
treadwell
1st Gear
Originally Posted by Cpeavley
Does anyone know about how long a Mini will sit at the Southampton dock before they are assigned a boat?
It used to be pretty straight forward. Mini used WW or K Lines but lately they've chartered from a bunch of different carriers like NYK Lines. Depends if your west or east coast too. Mine sat on the pier for just more than a week before shipping in late July.

Old 10-27-2011 | 03:13 PM
smcphc
2nd Gear
I am getting so excited!! Talked to my MA today and he said my bundle was loaded on the California Highway on the 22 and is scheduled to arrive at Brunswick Georgia on Nov 3rd. The crazy thing is WW doesn't even have me listed and Ask mini was about a week behind. Either way it want be long now. Now, can anyone tell me where i can track the ship?
California Highway is a K-Line ship. For tracking:

http://www.sailwx.info/

Enter the ships name, but tracking is sometimes sketchy once it leaves the coastal areas.

Old 10-27-2011 | 06:56 PM
minidoofus
2nd Gear

C: I think the California Highway is not a WW ship but a K-Line ship, could be wrong about that. You can google the call sign for the California Highway and enter it here:

www.sailwx.info/shiptrack/ or maybe here with the name: www.marinetraffic.com/ais/ if it is near a port.

The Bishu Highway is headed for Southampton right now with the Independence 2, then the Don Juan behind it. The Bishu is a K-Line also so if mine is shipped with them I will not have VIN confirmation either

Old 10-28-2011 | 05:11 AM
Cpeavley
1st Gear
Thanks guys!! For some reason I thought Brunswick didn't except K-Line, my bad. I was able to track the ship back to early Wednesday morning then lost signal. The ship should port at Baltimore Monday morning so Sunday night I'll start tracking again and hope it's in range. I just know I feel like I'm gonna come out of my skin I'm so excited. Can't wait to get motoring!!

Old 10-28-2011 | 05:41 AM
MdwstMINI
1st Gear
Integrity Folks...

21 (ish) nautical miles to Baltimore (per marinetraffic.com)!

Old 10-28-2011 | 09:57 AM
wookiepuss
Neutral
hopping on the thread - pulled the trigger on my first mini - hoorah - already been told "sissy car, w couple of "what the f??" and a - youre kidding right" feel right at home - wife thinks i am nuts

2012 Clubman S, All Packages, NAV, Sport Suspension, roof rack, Hot Choc ext/int - polar beige accents, black roof black bonnet stripes, black headlights........waiting waiting

Old 10-28-2011 | 10:12 AM
MdwstMINI
1st Gear
21 (ish) nautical miles to Baltimore (per marinetraffic.com)!
The Integrity has dropped anchor in Baltimore!

Old 10-28-2011 | 10:16 AM
slifkinj
1st Gear
The Integrity has dropped anchor in Baltimore!
Woo hoo!

Of course, I've had the marinetraffic.com and the WWI track and trace pages up all day here, too...

Old 10-28-2011 | 11:06 AM
vicmini
1st Gear
Originally Posted by slifkinj
Woo hoo!

Of course, I've had the marinetraffic.com and the WWI track and trace pages up all day here, too...
Me too! anyone have an idea how long until the cars are loaded into a truck?? my dealer is not more that 2 hours away from the Baltimore port so once the car is on the truck thats almost it!!

Old 10-28-2011 | 12:06 PM
MdwstMINI
1st Gear
Originally Posted by vicmini
Me too! anyone have an idea how long until the cars are loaded into a truck?? my dealer is not more that 2 hours away from the Baltimore port so once the car is on the truck thats almost it!!
Very slowly now... back away from the refresh button...

Old 10-28-2011 | 01:08 PM
F1racegirl
2nd Gear
Great updates - thanks! Have been in a meeting most of the day and didn't get to track myself. I wish we could track the the truck!

Old 10-28-2011 | 01:08 PM
vicmini
1st Gear
Very slowly now... back away from the refresh button...
haha.. what exactly is slow? or Any reason why its slow?

Old 10-29-2011 | 05:04 AM
MdwstMINI
1st Gear
Slowly sure describes the unloading process. I noticed this morning that the Integrity is now moored on the other side of the harbor. According to the WW website my car hasn't been unloaded yet. Maybe the ship had to sit and wait a day since it got in a day earlier than expected?

Old 10-29-2011 | 06:27 AM
Cpeavley
1st Gear
Why can't K-Line be more like WW. This is about to drive me crazy. Will I be able to track it when it gets closer to land? Last known location was recorded on the morning of 26Th which was next to Vila Do Porto.

Old 10-29-2011 | 08:09 AM
F1racegirl
2nd Gear
Slowly sure describes the unloading process. I noticed this morning that the Integrity is now moored on the other side of the harbor. According to the WW website my car hasn't been unloaded yet. Maybe the ship had to sit and wait a day since it got in a day earlier than expected?
Can you please provide links to this information? When I checked WW the last status is "cleared customs". When I track, the ship hasn't moved for 2 days.
Thanks!

Woo Hoo! Just found it on marine traffic. ...am now hearing the Jeopardy theme in my head....

Last edited by F1racegirl; 10-29-2011 at 08:25 AM.

Quick Reply: "Those Waiting for a 2012" Support Group