1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"Those Waiting for a 2012" Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2011, 06:04 PM
SpankyandAndy
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by schalcosky
Hello everyone!
I'm having trouble checking on the status, however. I was told by my motoring adviser to wait a couple days and then check the Owners' Lounge for my status. However, I haven't been able to log on to the OL at all. I can enter my username and password, but it kicks me back out with:

"We apologize for the inconvenience but due to special circumstances, we are unable to complete your request at this time. Please try again later."

It looks like other people in this thread can check their OL status; am I the only one having this problem?
Call AskMINI at 1-866-275-6464, talk to a real person give the your production order number and ask them. Or, just call the number, use the automated system and get your MINI's status. That is the best way IMO. The automated always seems to be up to date, but the owner's lounge isn't.

Old 08-11-2011, 05:48 AM
pmini
2nd Gear
Schalcosky, I get on it everyday. I ordered mine on a Saturday and on Tuesday it was in the OL. I used the production number that was on the order sheet I had to sign. The MA gave me a copy of it even though at the moment I didn't know it had a production # on it. If you don't have the production or vin number you won't be able to check.

Old 08-11-2011, 06:47 AM
alixcks
2nd Gear
Schalcosky, just shoot an email to mini.assistance@askminiusa.com. Logging in to the OL isn't usually a problem. There's another way (much more detailed) to get your Mini's order status: calling the ASK MINI hotline at 1-866-ASK-MINI. It goes straight to an automated machine, but you always have the option to speak to a representative. If that doesn't work, you can always call or email your MA.

Congrats on the new Mini!

Old 08-11-2011, 07:59 AM
goatherd
1st Gear
2012 Countryman All4

I signed the order form June 14th with the dealer. I ordered all of the packages including the navigation,polar beige leather, sports suspension, and sunroof with a light coffee paint job. Due to production year changing I didn't get a slot until July 15th. The OL finally said it was slotted for production July 29th. No updates yet from the OL to say that it has been built. This is giving my patience a workout . . .

Called the hotline and was told that the vehicle is slotted for production with no production date set yet. Woe is me . . .

Last edited by goatherd; 08-11-2011 at 08:06 AM.
Old 08-11-2011, 08:33 AM
Vapok
2nd Gear
Whelp... Picked up my 2012 on August 1st. Put 684 miles on it. As of today, August 11th, it is now officially in the service shop for a system wide electrical malfunction. Unknown when it will be fixed. I have a loaner.

Dashboard went completely dead, all gauges, lights, indicators, dead and not working. Service tech printer out roughly 4 pages of fault codes that the car is reporting.

*sniff*.. Please Send Flowers and Well Wishes to Pini. =(

Old 08-11-2011, 09:37 AM
Subzero
4th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wow Vapok, that is crazy! I was so happy to see you finally get your car and this news is terribly depressing to hear. Especially as I'm to pick up my 2012 in less than 6 hours...

Were you driving it at the time it went down? If so, did it just completely die on the road needing a tow?
Did it give you any warning symptoms, or did it just conk out altogether?
I'm sure at this point they don't have answers, but did they give you any guess as to why or how long it might take?

I can't imagine how gutted you must feel!!!!

Please keep us posted on your status and hopefully they will give you an update soon. Let us know!

Fingers crossed,
Jon

Old 08-11-2011, 11:41 AM
nddst
2nd Gear
Bummer Vapok. :(

Old 08-11-2011, 11:54 AM
Vapok
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Subzero
Wow Vapok, that is crazy! I was so happy to see you finally get your car and this news is terribly depressing to hear. Especially as I'm to pick up my 2012 in less than 6 hours...
Yeah, I am less than thrilled at the moment.

Were you driving it at the time it went down? If so, did it just completely die on the road needing a tow?
I was driving, though was sitting at a stop light and about to move forward. It did not die on me, the mechanics of the car continued to function, I just lost all power to the OBD, Tac, Speedo, mileage, status and indicator lights, fuel light, and back lighting. My Navigation continued to function as well as my radio and hvac systems. The auto wipers did not, nor did the inside turn indicators, although the turn signals did function externally, I just couldn't tell when they were on. Also auto headlights didn't work.

Tac needle was stuck between 1 and 2, and speedometer was reading 7 miles per hour.

Did it give you any warning symptoms, or did it just conk out altogether?
the only warning signal I noticed was as I was driving from work yesterday afternoon, I thought it strange that my auto headlights were on, even though the sun was out and it was a bright day. I turned my lights on and off a few times, and finally just said oh well. Then a few seconds later the entire dash just went out.

The dash stayed out all night and I finally ended up just going to bed. I woke up this morning to take the car into the dealership. When I got in, the dash started working, but the engine light was on.

I'm sure at this point they don't have answers, but did they give you any guess as to why or how long it might take?
At first they thought it'd be today, but they just called and said that they've run through two wiring harnesses and have replaced one of the them, but that they're still tracing down the other issues. Apparently they have the factory on the phone as well trying to assist with the tracing.

I can't imagine how gutted you must feel!!!!

Please keep us posted on your status and hopefully they will give you an update soon. Let us know!

Fingers crossed,
Jon
Yeah, I have to admit, I'm a little saddened.. I was hoping that I'd be dealership free for at least a few months to optimistically a year (not including oil changes). My MA was pretty pissed and has been hounding the service guys all day and has already called me a few times to give me the scoop. At this point, they're saying I'll have to use the loaner car at least through tomorrow.

Kind of bummed since I had road trip plans on Saturday. Here's hoping I get it back tomorrow.

Old 08-11-2011, 12:19 PM
SpankyandAndy
1st Gear
Subzero, man, happy to hear you're finally getting your car. Did they get all your JCW installs to work?

Vapor, that's insane! Hopefully it's a quick reliable fix so you're back on for the road trip!

Old 08-11-2011, 12:33 PM
mrluckypa
5th Gear
Boy do my wife and I need this support group. It took us 4 months to finally order ours. Mostly financial delays, I was out of work but waiting on a settlement from a car accident. Went into dealer to order our CM on July 20th, order was placed probably the 22nd. Was given our production # on the 26th, Cannot find out when it is going to be produced. Was told that it is in scheduling but no date has been set. A delay in the color (not a popular one Light coffee) or maybe the Auto Trans.or ????? Any thoughts and we appreciate any support that other MINI owners can provide.

Old 08-11-2011, 12:58 PM
minimartin
1st Gear
I'm in the same boat. The order for my S was placed on July 18. Still "On Order" on the OL and "Scheduled for Production with No Production Date" on ASKMINI. Mine is manual and Eclipse Gray. I don't think I have any options that would hold it up. Maybe August is a slow month.

Old 08-11-2011, 01:09 PM
mrluckypa
5th Gear
but my MA still insists that we will have delivery withing the 6-8 weeks that he initially told us. Personally, we doubt it.

Old 08-11-2011, 01:27 PM
NewMiniCustomer
Neutral
My 2012 Cooper arrived at the dealer about August 1st, but there has been a series of problems with it ever since. The car, and apparently over 1,000 others, does not have the satellite radio activated. The dealers have been trying to get the right "program" to activate the radio for over a week. For a while they thought that it was the wrong radio (hardware) but then said the radio is correct but it needs "programmed." They've been waiting for the correct program or programming instructions from the manufacturer for over a week now. My new mini is just sitting on their lot waiting. And I'm sitting here waiting to get my new car!

I don't know what to believe - is it possible that it just needs some sort of code or programming? Is this a common experience/occurrence with Minis? This is my first Mini - is this a sign of more problems to come? Has anyone else heard of this issue?

Old 08-11-2011, 01:30 PM
Vapok
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by NewMiniCustomer
My 2012 Cooper arrived at the dealer about August 1st, but there has been a series of problems with it ever since. The car, and apparently over 1,000 others, does not have the satellite radio activated. The dealers have been trying to get the right "program" to activate the radio for over a week. For a while they thought that it was the wrong radio (hardware) but then said the radio is correct but it needs "programmed." They've been waiting for the correct program or programming instructions from the manufacturer for over a week now. My new mini is just sitting on their lot waiting. And I'm sitting here waiting to get my new car!

I don't know what to believe - is it possible that it just needs some sort of code or programming? Is this a common experience/occurrence with Minis? This is my first Mini - is this a sign of more problems to come? Has anyone else heard of this issue?
Hrm, I'm not sure if this problem is "class action" wide, but we had no issue activating the Satellite Radio in my 2012. Picked it up on August 1st and was able to get Sirus/XM right away. I also have the MINI Connect/NAV feature, so not sure if that's a difference.

Old 08-11-2011, 01:36 PM
Vapok
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by SpankyandAndy
Call AskMINI at 1-866-275-6464, talk to a real person give the your production order number and ask them. Or, just call the number, use the automated system and get your MINI's status. That is the best way IMO. The automated always seems to be up to date, but the owner's lounge isn't.
It should also be mentioned, that MINI sent out an email on Tuesday saying that their systems would be going down for a few days. Areas affected include the Owner's Lounge.

ASKMINI should have the most up-to-date info though, as long as your car is in the production channel. Otherwise, your MA is the best source of info.

Old 08-11-2011, 01:45 PM
SpankyandAndy
1st Gear
Originally Posted by Vapok
It should also be mentioned, that MINI sent out an email on Tuesday saying that their systems would be going down for a few days. Areas affected include the Owner's Lounge.

ASKMINI should have the most up-to-date info though, as long as your car is in the production channel. Otherwise, your MA is the best source of info.
That must be why others on here are either having trouble registering in the owners lounge or don't see their information after a few days. You are the only one on this post that has mentioned the email...at least that I've read.

Old 08-11-2011, 01:50 PM
minimartin
1st Gear
mrluckypa

After reading about all these recent electrical problems maybe we should tell them to take their time building ours!

Old 08-11-2011, 01:56 PM
nddst
2nd Gear
Woohoo! My Mini is "In production" according to 888-miniusa

Totally psyched!!!

Old 08-11-2011, 02:01 PM
Subzero
4th Gear
@Vapok: Thanks for the update, hopefully it will be something relatively easy to fix like a faulty connector or something and not a major electrical issue. Good luck man, and hope you get motoring soon, let us know!

@S&A: Yeah they were able to get the ECU programmed for the Tuning Kit. I'm about to pick up Groo in less than 2 hours, I'm beyond pumped! Lots of pics to follow...

To my friends here who are concerned about ordering delays, I have heard (but cannot confirm myself) that there is a slight factory closure in August that might affect orders. If it makes you feel any better, they told me 6-8 weeks, and the car was on the dealers lot in Texas in exactly 5 weeks. Looking back, the whole process was much less stressful than I made it out to be.

Also, I learned that the MINI owners lounge information tends to be pretty outdated. I had much better luck talking to the friendly folks at 1-888 who could tell up to the moment what the status was. Feel free to PM me when you are approaching getting on a ship, I became pretty handy at the follow-the-ship process. In fact I was able to deduce my shipping line, route, and boat before my MA had any info on it. Note that once you are off the train and about to board the ship, that MINI will have no info at all on its wherabouts, you will be on your own. Let me know if I can help!

Cheers!
Jon

Old 08-11-2011, 03:35 PM
schalcosky
Neutral
Thanks to everyone who replied - especially about the phone number. An up-to-date source of info will be very nice to have in my back pocket when I start getting antsy towards the end of production.

As for my OL account, nobody at MINI was able to clear that up and it's still mysteriously dead, but my MA suggested just making a fresh account with a different username which seems to have done the trick.

All's well that ends well, I guess.

Old 08-12-2011, 04:23 AM
Subzero
4th Gear
Just wanted to pop in and confirm that I picked up Groo last night!! Oh my, it is beyond description how amazing it is! The exhaust sounds ridiculously sweet, I can tell he just wants to get up and go. Stay tuned to the "1st Gear" section on the forum, I will give a full review with pics shortly!!! Thanks for everyones support, the wait was totally worth it!

Jon

Old 08-12-2011, 06:48 AM
Blk Diamond
1st Gear
Congrats Subzero! I'm stoked for you! Be sure to send us photos as soon as possible because we are all waiting with great anticipation!

Old 08-12-2011, 07:34 AM
pmini
2nd Gear
Just called "Ask Mini" automated and my 08/12 production date mini is awaiting transport, yippee!!!! Now for the transatlantic cruise.

Old 08-12-2011, 08:52 AM
minimartin
1st Gear
Congrats Pmini! I'm jealous as I ordered 7/18 and still have no production date sheduled per ASK MINI. Hope your MINI has a fun cruise!

Old 08-12-2011, 12:22 PM
mrluckypa
5th Gear
Minimartin, that makes two of us(and probably more) that have no idea as to delivery date. My MA still insists that it will be here within the promised 6-8 weeks. It would take a miracle at this point.

Quick Reply: "Those Waiting for a 2012" Support Group