1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"Those Waiting for a 2012" Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2011 | 06:24 PM
SCMountaineer
4th Gear
Thanks! I ordered mine just the day after you, so hoping to have it soon.

Old 11-07-2011 | 06:50 PM
Purie
3rd Gear
I now understand this thread lol. My car was completed on the 3rd and it still says awaiting transportation. If I read everything correct I think my car will be on WW's Torrens which leaves Southampton Nov. 10th and arrives to Port Hueneme on the 30th.

I can't wait, I've already started collecting mods and accessories. And I thought I was going to save money buying this car, psh.

Here's my digital version of my car.

Old 11-07-2011 | 07:08 PM
Phx JCW
4th Gear
Ok, so my car just got done with production and is "awaiting transportation". It seems their are some on here that know much more than I. Is their a way to find out what ship the cars would possibly be put on to the wet coast? ...something?

Old 11-07-2011 | 07:27 PM
Purie
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by Phx JCW
Ok, so my car just got done with production and is "awaiting transportation". It seems their are some on here that know much more than I. Is their a way to find out what ship the cars would possibly be put on to the wet coast? ...something?
Looks like me and you are going to be shipmates. I found my ship by searching the websites schedules of the 2 shipping company's mentioned in this subthreads sticky . WW's ships out on the 10th while kLine looks like the 13th I think so I guess we'd be on WW's boat. Its kinda confusing so I could be wrong and my MA didn't know much more then what's mentioned on the owners lounge.

Hope this helps.
Cheers

Old 11-07-2011 | 07:56 PM
Phx JCW
4th Gear
Originally Posted by Purie
Looks like me and you are going to be shipmates. I found my ship by searching the websites schedules of the 2 shipping company's mentioned in this subthreads sticky . WW's ships out on the 10th while kLine looks like the 13th I think so I guess we'd be on WW's boat. Its kinda confusing so I could be wrong and my MA didn't know much more then what's mentioned on the owners lounge.

Hope this helps.
Cheers
Purie, thanks for the info...I hope my girl can keep yours company. Where is your car ending up?

Old 11-07-2011 | 08:09 PM
Purie
3rd Gear
Purie, thanks for the info...I hope my girl can keep yours company. Where is your car ending up?
I think after port huenemi they go straight to the dealership, which for me will be crevier in santa ana. Maybe we'll get lucky and have mini Mini's waititng for us :P.

Old 11-07-2011 | 08:19 PM
Phx JCW
4th Gear
I think after port huenemi they go straight to the dealership, which for me will be crevier in santa ana. Maybe we'll get lucky and have mini Mini's waititng for us :P.
It's a small world...even though I live in Phoenix, I am getting my JCW from Santa Ana Crevier Mini as well, been working with Kirk Larson.
So their is a very very good chance our little ones will be keeping each other company on the long journey over

Old 11-07-2011 | 09:16 PM
riveratsx4
1st Gear
I am also awaiting transport to Santa Ana Crevier! My car finished on 11/2 and I believe we are waiting for the 11/10 WW. I have not been able to confirm that the kline comes to Ca.

Old 11-07-2011 | 09:57 PM
minidoofus
2nd Gear
Anyone else getting their bundle shipped on the Bishu Highway, to be in Brunswick on Thursday? I know of only one or two others but I bet there are more.

Old 11-07-2011 | 10:50 PM
Purie
3rd Gear
It's a small world...even though I live in Phoenix, I am getting my JCW from Santa Ana Crevier Mini as well, been working with Kirk Larson.
So their is a very very good chance our little ones will be keeping each other company on the long journey over
Originally Posted by riveratsx4
I am also awaiting transport to Santa Ana Crevier! My car finished on 11/2 and I believe we are waiting for the 11/10 WW. I have not been able to confirm that the kline comes to Ca.
Oh no way, it is a small world lol. I got my hopes set on Dec 3rd which is a Saturday and that would be great to have the whole day to mess with our new toy.

Old 11-08-2011 | 09:05 AM
Phx JCW
4th Gear
Oh no way, it is a small world lol. I got my hopes set on Dec 3rd which is a Saturday and that would be great to have the whole day to mess with our new toy.
Wow that would be great to have it that soon....I will think good thoughts. Can you take pictures of my girl for me? I will probably just have them truck my car to Scottsdale. I thought about driving it back, but I want to do a full clear bra and some custom stripes before I get it on the highway.

Old 11-08-2011 | 01:53 PM
SK8erMom
1st Gear

Hope this helps.
Cheers

Some of the MINIs heading to the west coast are on other carriers than WW. I found that the Port Hueneme website has a four week schedule of arriving vessels. It is updated weekly. So, you can look at which ships are arriving 3-4 weeks out and carrying BMWs. Then you can track the ships back and see if their dates at South Hampton (or Bremerhaven) aline with your dates. If you are on one of the other carriers, your MA may be slow the get the info. Mine got the arrival date way before the ship name. Given the long wait, you will have plenty of time to sort out the ships.

Old 11-08-2011 | 05:12 PM
Orionizer
3rd Gear
I'm also on the Bishu Highway - Dealer says 11/10, but all other sites show 11/09 at 06:00... Still a no show on AIS, so I'm beginning to believe my dealer... :(

Originally Posted by minidoofus
Anyone else getting their bundle shipped on the Bishu Highway, to be in Brunswick on Thursday? I know of only one or two others but I bet there are more.

Old 11-08-2011 | 06:19 PM
minidoofus
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Orionizer
I'm also on the Bishu Highway - Dealer says 11/10, but all other sites show 11/09 at 06:00... Still a no show on AIS, so I'm beginning to believe my dealer... :(
Yesterday I checked the online K-Line schedule and it shows the Bishu Highway in Brunswick on the 10th, so that's official. Must be headwinds. It is not in range yet as far as I can tell, just checked. This vessel goes abt 20 mph so approx 48 hrs away = 960mi, or thereabouts. It won't be long now though, stiff upper lip!!

Old 11-08-2011 | 06:21 PM
minidoofus
2nd Gear
Orionizer - once in port, it shouldn't take long to get to your location. Lucky you!

Old 11-08-2011 | 06:39 PM
cloud10
4th Gear
Finally I have word that my Convertible S Mad Maxx that arrived on the Asian Vision Nov. 1 will be released from the VDC on the 10th and probably in Scottsdale the 12th. It still has some work to do on it there so I'll have to wait until next week when the weather is good to make the ride down. I had to wait a week because of weather when my 2008 Clubman arrived so I'm used to the wait. I just don't want to drive him home in rain or snow.

Now to wait for the Countryman All 4 to start production. No VIN on it yet so I'm still waiting for that to start. I don't think I'll see him until January. Can't wait to see the garage full again. Right now it only has the Clubman which has been sold and waiting for pickup by its new owner. I'll miss him but I can't manage 4 cars at once. Meanwhile the trusty CUBE (my dog car) is my daily driver.

Old 11-08-2011 | 07:39 PM
Purie
3rd Gear
Wow that would be great to have it that soon....I will think good thoughts. Can you take pictures of my girl for me? I will probably just have them truck my car to Scottsdale. I thought about driving it back, but I want to do a full clear bra and some custom stripes before I get it on the highway.
Yeah sure, I'll keep my eye out and snap a few pics.

Originally Posted by SK8erMom
Some of the MINIs heading to the west coast are on other carriers than WW. I found that the Port Hueneme website has a four week schedule of arriving vessels. It is updated weekly. So, you can look at which ships are arriving 3-4 weeks out and carrying BMWs. Then you can track the ships back and see if their dates at South Hampton (or Bremerhaven) aline with your dates. If you are on one of the other carriers, your MA may be slow the get the info. Mine got the arrival date way before the ship name. Given the long wait, you will have plenty of time to sort out the ships.
Oh good to know, thanks.

I'm not really sure what I'm looking at but I do see the Volans Leader on the 29th with /BMW/ below the name. Could that be the ship?

http://www.portofhueneme.org/documen...l_schedule.pdf

Old 11-08-2011 | 08:00 PM
Phx JCW
4th Gear
Yeah sure, I'll keep my eye out and snap a few [/url]

Old 11-08-2011 | 08:12 PM
gloomchen
3rd Gear
My last email from my MA a couple of weeks ago was all "blah blah blah I'll let you know when I hear from MINI USA about what ship you're on blah blah blah and the ETA blah blah blah." So I responded TELLING him what ship I'm on and my ETA. Muahahahah.

I keep finding friends and family who I've forgotten to mention I've ordered this MINI and I get to tell them all about it from the ground up as I had been doing to others for the last month and a half. It gets me giddy all over again. I'm half worried that I'm going to explode into a pile of confetti once it arrives

Old 11-08-2011 | 08:12 PM
R56JCW
2nd Gear
Phx JCW, riveratsx4, and Purie--looks like we're all waiting for our new toys to be delivered to Crevier...talk about literally "being on the same boat!"

Any ideas on how to fill the time over the next month? Other than troll NAM, totalMini, and Mini2, of course...=)

Anyone buying the extended warranty or maintenance plans? If so, what are they asking?

Old 11-08-2011 | 08:31 PM
Phx JCW
4th Gear
Originally Posted by R56JCW
Phx JCW, riveratsx4, and Purie--looks like we're all waiting for our new toys to be delivered to Crevier...talk about literally "being on the same boat!"

Any ideas on how to fill the time over the next month? Other than troll NAM, totalMini, and Mini2, of course...=)

Anyone buying the extended warranty or maintenance plans? If so, what are they asking?
Well it's not easy to wait, but I spent the last 5 days preping, painting (epoxy), then 2 coats of epoxy clear coat on my garage floor. All this for my new baby, the good thing is my wife thinks its great. She even likes all the new things showing up at the front door (ie..OZwheels and tires, misc). Went around to a couple local tuning shops today for kicks to talk shop and see what is available locally. Once we get a little closer, I will make appointments for the full front clear bra, and custom stripes. Still trying to decide if I'm going to install the suspension and sway bars myself, still have to make the finally decision on which coilovers I'm going to go with...decisions, decisions

Old 11-08-2011 | 08:53 PM
Phx JCW
4th Gear
Originally Posted by gloomchen
My last email from my MA a couple of weeks ago was all "blah blah blah I'll let you know when I hear from MINI USA about what ship you're on blah blah blah and the ETA blah blah blah." So I responded TELLING him what ship I'm on and my ETA. Muahahahah.
very funny, and classic

Old 11-08-2011 | 09:01 PM
Purie
3rd Gear
Same goes for me too. I skipped on the extended warrenty and maintenance as well, I figure I will be voiding a lot of it in no time :P

I find myself killing a lot more time then I should on tire rack and reading up on suspension geometry. I hoping I can get the Mini to handle like my Evo did.

That's pretty funny that all 4 of us are ,as you put it "literally on the same boat." Lol

Goodtimes

Old 11-09-2011 | 04:11 AM
Orionizer
3rd Gear
Just checked this AM and still no BISHU, so tomorrow should be the day. My MA is estimating 7-10 days from port to get to the dealer in Winston Salem, NC, so I should have her by next weekend, I hope!

Old 11-09-2011 | 03:08 PM
SK8erMom
1st Gear
Yeah sure, I'll keep my eye out and snap a few pics.

Oh good to know, thanks.

I'm not really sure what I'm looking at but I do see the Volans Leader on the 29th with /BMW/ below the name. Could that be the ship?

http://www.portofhueneme.org/documen...l_schedule.pdf
Maybe not. It's last port was Bremerhaven, so only if you ordered a Countrymen. It may have stopped in Southhampton, but Marine Traffic did not list it. On the Hueneme website ships listed as BMW or as WWL could be carrying MINIs.

It is a bit of a guessing game until your MA gets an update. Mine took a while to get the info, so I played a bit online. Your MA should have some info soon, so this is just speculation until you get real info.

Quick Reply: "Those Waiting for a 2012" Support Group