1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"Those Waiting for a 2012" Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2011, 03:47 PM
BrewSwapGuy
Formerly PassatDoTd
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Phx JCW
Well it's not easy to wait, but I spent the last 5 days preping, painting (epoxy), then 2 coats of epoxy clear coat on my garage floor. All this for my new baby, the good thing is my wife thinks its great. She even likes all the new things showing up at the front door (ie..OZwheels and tires, misc). Went around to a couple local tuning shops today for kicks to talk shop and see what is available locally. Once we get a little closer, I will make appointments for the full front clear bra, and custom stripes. Still trying to decide if I'm going to install the suspension and sway bars myself, still have to make the finally decision on which coilovers I'm going to go with...decisions, decisions
I was pointed to a MINI tech in Tempe that I'll be using to install my CAI and replace my blackout parts. Talked to him by phone and email and he seems straight up. I hope to work with him right after Thanksgiving. I can keep you posted if you want.

Old 11-09-2011, 07:53 PM
Phx JCW
4th Gear
Originally Posted by BrewSwapGuy
I was pointed to a MINI tech in Tempe that I'll be using to install my CAI and replace my blackout parts. Talked to him by phone and email and he seems straight up. I hope to work with him right after Thanksgiving. I can keep you posted if you want.
That would be great. Thank you. Would he be doing it on the side, or at Tempe Mini? Thanks

Old 11-09-2011, 08:07 PM
minidoofus
2nd Gear
BISHU HIGHWAY ALERT!!! The Bishu Highway has just become visible off the coast of Brunswick GA on the AIS map !! My MINI is on it !!

Old 11-09-2011, 08:12 PM
Phx JCW
4th Gear
Originally Posted by minidoofus
BISHU HIGHWAY ALERT!!! The Bishu Highway has just become visible off the coast of Brunswick GA on the AIS map !! My MINI is on it !!
For my edification...how do you know "your" car is on that specific boat?

Old 11-09-2011, 08:21 PM
minidoofus
2nd Gear
For my edification...how do you know "your" car is on that specific boat?
I have been tracking my MINI thru the entire production process, to sitting on the dock, to about a week ago getting confirmation from my MA that it was on the Bishu Highway, scheduled for Brunswick on the 9th (now the 10th before it gets there, its still about 100mi out). I Was watching the Bishu long before it docked in Southampton to pick up my MINI (Tober) because I suspected that the timing was right. Can't confirm VIN's on the K-Line like on WW, but I have a printout from my MA about the shipping. Will be trucked here to my location on Waggoners Trucking out of Billings MT, more than likely.

Old 11-09-2011, 08:26 PM
Phx JCW
4th Gear
I have been tracking my MINI thru the entire production process, to sitting on the dock, to about a week ago getting confirmation from my MA that it was on the Bishu Highway, scheduled for Brunswick on the 9th (now the 10th before it gets there, its still about 100mi out). I Was watching the Bishu long before it docked in Southampton to pick up my MINI (Tober) because I suspected that the timing was right. Can't confirm VIN's on the K-Line like on WW, but I have a printout from my MA about the shipping. Will be trucked here to my location on Waggoners Trucking out of Billings MT, more than likely.
Ok...guess I will have to bug my MA a little more now
Thanks for the info...and have fun with Tober

Old 11-09-2011, 08:29 PM
Purie
3rd Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Gratz, that AIS map is pretty cool. I just spotted the Torrens in the English Channel on it's way to Southampton, hopefully picking our cars.

Here's the link.
http://www.marinetraffic.com/ais/shi...00&header=true

Old 11-09-2011, 08:29 PM
minidoofus
2nd Gear
Ok...guess I will have to bug my MA a little more now
Thanks for the info...and have fun with Tober
You bet !

Have you checked out the thread about tracking your MINI thru production and shipping? Its a sticky in this 1st Gear forum. That's where I started and just became overly ****-retentive from there

Old 11-09-2011, 08:51 PM
minidoofus
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Purie
Gratz, that AIS map is pretty cool. I just spotted the Torrens in the English Channel on it's way to Southampton, hopefully picking our cars.

Here's the link.
http://www.marinetraffic.com/ais/shi...00&header=true
These are ginormous ships aren't they? On the WW line, you'll be able to get lots more info than I was able, because you can type in your VIN and have it search for your car. Good way to confirm you are on a particular ship. If your MINI has been on the dock a few days now, then I'd say you are right about the ship. Use the map to look at Southampton and see what's already there, though. Good luck!

Old 11-09-2011, 08:58 PM
chaswyck
5th Gear
My car finished production and quality check today. It's a real long shot, but I'm hoping it gets to Southampton by tomorrow and gets on the Torrens. What really eats at me is the one my MA ordered WRONG has been sitting on the dock for a week and will definitely be on that ship.

Old 11-10-2011, 04:11 AM
Orionizer
3rd Gear
Thanks for that! Showing up as moored this AM!

Does anyone from the Winston-Salem, NC area have an ETA on how long from Brunswick to WS?

Old 11-10-2011, 05:33 AM
Cpeavley
1st Gear
Awesome!! I know your excited. Google earth Brunswick and you might be able to see the ship sitting at the dock, I did.

Old 11-10-2011, 06:48 AM
Orionizer
3rd Gear
That photo could be several months or even years old. Google Earth photo's are not updated live as far as I know.

Originally Posted by Cpeavley
Awesome!! I know your excited. Google earth Brunswick and you might be able to see the ship sitting at the dock, I did.

Old 11-10-2011, 07:10 AM
BrewSwapGuy
Formerly PassatDoTd
That would be great. Thank you. Would he be doing it on the side, or at Tempe Mini? Thanks
He is on his own now doing work on MINIs and Jags. Eurotechs is the name.

Old 11-10-2011, 08:53 AM
riveratsx4
1st Gear
Fiona made the Torrens for Ca. Finally on her way!!!! I am so excited

Old 11-10-2011, 10:23 AM
minidoofus
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Cpeavley
Plenty of excitement here Cpeavley, and I'm sure you are too. Now lets see how long it takes to get thru the VDC !

Old 11-10-2011, 01:45 PM
Orionizer
3rd Gear
Excitement aplenty here, too! Remember we have to get through customs first before the VDC. :(

Old 11-10-2011, 02:08 PM
minidoofus
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Orionizer
Excitement aplenty here, too! Remember we have to get through customs first before the VDC. :(
Well I hope Tober behaves himself and doesn't get in trouble with the LAW

Old 11-10-2011, 02:38 PM
Orionizer
3rd Gear
Hahahaha! I hope so!

Old 11-10-2011, 06:25 PM
Cred
4th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Anyone else have their car on the Independence II? Should be making it into Baltimore soon.

Old 11-10-2011, 07:29 PM
chaswyck
5th Gear
What a disappointment! My MA ordered my car wrong (forgot to enter the black roof and mirrors) so he had to give me a new production slot because I didn't catch the error until after the car got a VIN. The WRONG car is now loaded on the Torrens sitting at Southampton which leaves tonight for Port Hueneme. The RIGHT car made it to the port last night and it was actually sitting there when the Torrens docked, so I thought I had a chance, but it looks like it's not going to make it on the ship (no VIN match on WW website). The next ship doesn't leave for 12 DAYS! Couldn't be more frustrating! Excuse me while I go put my fist through the wall!

Old 11-10-2011, 08:25 PM
Purie
3rd Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by riveratsx4
Fiona made the Torrens for Ca. Finally on her way!!!! I am so excited
Welcome aboard shipmate :D

Originally Posted by chaswyck
What a disappointment! My MA ordered my car wrong (forgot to enter the black roof and mirrors) so he had to give me a new production slot because I didn't catch the error until after the car got a VIN. The WRONG car is now loaded on the Torrens sitting at Southampton which leaves tonight for Port Hueneme. The RIGHT car made it to the port last night and it was actually sitting there when the Torrens docked, so I thought I had a chance, but it looks like it's not going to make it on the ship (no VIN match on WW website). The next ship doesn't leave for 12 DAYS! Couldn't be more frustrating! Excuse me while I go put my fist through the wall!
What a bummer, sorry to hear that. Hopefully it made it on.

Old 11-10-2011, 08:35 PM
Phx JCW
4th Gear
[QUOTE=Purie;3395736]Welcome aboard shipmate :D

Purie, did you get confirmation from someone at Crevier that your baby made it on that ship?

Old 11-10-2011, 08:42 PM
chaswyck
5th Gear
[QUOTE=Phx JCW;3395745]
Originally Posted by Purie
Welcome aboard shipmate :D

Purie, did you get confirmation from someone at Crevier that your baby made it on that ship?
No need to get confirmation from your MA. Just go to the link below and put your VIN in the Cargo ID line and hit "track".
https://att.2wglobal.com/gstattweb/o...uickSearchPage

If it's on the ship it will give you details. If it's not, it will say "No Record Found".

Old 11-10-2011, 08:56 PM
Phx JCW
4th Gear
[QUOTE=chaswyck;3395748]

No need to get confirmation from your MA. Just go to the link below and put your VIN in the Cargo ID line and hit "track".
https://att.2wglobal.com/gstattweb/o...uickSearchPage

If it's on the ship it will give you details. If it's not, it will say "No Record Found".
Ok, I don't know if because I'm on an iPad but there is no "track" icon, or anything that will allow me to search. Would you do me a huge favor and see if my baby is with your WMWSV9C55CT199665 pleeeease
Thank you in advance

Quick Reply: "Those Waiting for a 2012" Support Group