1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"Those Waiting for a 2012" Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2011, 05:43 AM
Orionizer
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
And???

Originally Posted by minidoofus
The OL has moved up my estimated delivery to --- Tomorrow!! Unlikely, but very likely monday. WooHoo!

Old 11-13-2011, 06:54 AM
captpetek
2nd Gear

Cross-posted from the R60 thread...

Greetings All!! Original owner of a 2002 "justa" Cooper....It's been my favorite car ever and it still looks and runs great but 9 1/2 years, 1 wife and 2 kids later, the inevitable time has come to find a replacement. Thank God (and BMW) the the CM came along at the right time!! After a year of badgering my wonderful, patient wife, she has finally relented and I ordered my 2012 Countryman S on 11/3!! The owner's lounge shows scheduled for production and I'm hoping to have it in my garage by Christmas, if my head doesn't explode by then!! I've been a member of NAM for several years and, although I haven't posted much, it's been an invaluable source of information on such things as how to do my own brake job and finding a suitable iPod interface for my early-build '02. I'm enjoying all the CM photos and great info regarding tracking our babies and I'm looking forward to many more years as an enthusiastic MINI owner!!!!

MOTOR ON!!!!!!

Old 11-13-2011, 07:04 AM
Phx JCW
4th Gear
Originally Posted by captpetek

Cross-posted from the R60 thread...

Greetings All!! Original owner of a 2002 "justa" Cooper....It's been my favorite car ever and it still looks and runs great but 9 1/2 years, 1 wife and 2 kids later, the inevitable time has come to find a replacement. Thank God (and BMW) the the CM came along at the right time!! After a year of badgering my wonderful, patient wife, she has finally relented and I ordered my 2012 Countryman S on 11/3!! The owner's lounge shows scheduled for production and I'm hoping to have it in my garage by Christmas, if my head doesn't explode by then!! I've been a member of NAM for several years and, although I haven't posted much, it's been an invaluable source of information on such things as how to do my own brake job and finding a suitable iPod interface for my early-build '02. I'm enjoying all the CM photos and great info regarding tracking our babies and I'm looking forward to many more years as an enthusiastic MINI owner!!!!

MOTOR ON!!!!!!
A nice Christmas gift to yourself Congratulations

Old 11-13-2011, 08:03 AM
captpetek
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Phx JCW
A nice Christmas gift to yourself Congratulations
Thanks!! The dealer has a car in the showroom that is virtually identical to mine from the outside so at least I can go look at it and get my fix!!

Old 11-13-2011, 08:18 AM
walk0080
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My MA was supposed to check the status of the train transport Friday but I suspect he was off for the holiday long weekend. It's been almost a week since it arrived at VDC. Getting impatient.

On a good note, it looks like MINI Canada Financing interest rate has dropped. Of course that is based on their poorly maintained website.

Last edited by walk0080; 11-13-2011 at 08:27 AM.
Old 11-13-2011, 08:36 AM
minidoofus
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Orionizer
And???
And I will be picking it up soon! Stopped by my dealer Saturday morning and they printed out the status for me as well. Seems to indicate it was shipped out that day (Saturday). Its about two days of trucking to here so I'm thinking actually Monday, when the dealership is open. Could pick up Monday late or Tuesday.

You are closer to the VDC that I am, wondering why yours is a few days later, you should be on the same schedule. Check your Owner's Lounge status again, mine changed from the approximately 16th delivery to approx 13th, just late yesterday.

Old 11-13-2011, 08:40 AM
minidoofus
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Orionizer
And???
By the way the Owners Lounge still indicates "at VDC" so go figure. Really excited now, though! It won't be long for either of our go-carts !

Old 11-13-2011, 01:28 PM
Orionizer
3rd Gear
Interesting! I didn't even know it had an estimated delivery date on OL! Thanks for that piece of info!

Mine also shows the 13th, but as of Saturday, AM, my MA still showed it hadn't been released to trucking...

Guess we'll see!

Originally Posted by minidoofus
And I will be picking it up soon! Stopped by my dealer Saturday morning and they printed out the status for me as well. Seems to indicate it was shipped out that day (Saturday). Its about two days of trucking to here so I'm thinking actually Monday, when the dealership is open. Could pick up Monday late or Tuesday.

You are closer to the VDC that I am, wondering why yours is a few days later, you should be on the same schedule. Check your Owner's Lounge status again, mine changed from the approximately 16th delivery to approx 13th, just late yesterday.

Old 11-13-2011, 02:55 PM
jamesday24
6th Gear
The long weekend came and went and my JCW Coupe sits at the VDC. It's been there for nine days now and it has been three months and five days since I placed my order at the earliest possible date because I wanted the first one from my dealership. Five weeks after the launch and I still have no Coupe. If I didn't already have a MINI to drive and didn't want the Coupe so much, I'd walk away. Not happy with MINI at all.

Old 11-13-2011, 03:03 PM
SCMountaineer
4th Gear
any idea why it has been at the VDC so long?

Old 11-13-2011, 03:10 PM
jamesday24
6th Gear
No. I think it is because MINI USA is using a crappy new trucking company.

Old 11-13-2011, 03:15 PM
SCMountaineer
4th Gear
Mine has been finished for almost two weeks now, and near as I can tell its still sitting at the port waiting on a boat. Im running out of patience myself.

Old 11-13-2011, 03:20 PM
Cred
4th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by jamesday24
The long weekend came and went and my JCW Coupe sits at the VDC. It's been there for nine days now and it has been three months and five days since I placed my order at the earliest possible date because I wanted the first one from my dealership. Five weeks after the launch and I still have no Coupe. If I didn't already have a MINI to drive and didn't want the Coupe so much, I'd walk away. Not happy with MINI at all.
James that is ridiculous to be sitting at VDC for so long. I hope this trucking thing gets worked out quickly. We all have a long enough wait already prior to VDC.
Don't be dismayed, I am sure you will have it soon. They have to get their act together!

Old 11-13-2011, 03:41 PM
SCMountaineer
4th Gear
I don't live terribly far from the VDC...wonder if I could just go get the damn thing myself.

Old 11-13-2011, 04:07 PM
Cred
4th Gear
Originally Posted by SCMountaineer
Mine has been finished for almost two weeks now, and near as I can tell its still sitting at the port waiting on a boat. Im running out of patience myself.
I missed the boat that James coupe made it on even though our cars were born 2 days apart. My coupe sat at the port for more then a week before getting on a boat. I had to stop checking it for a week because it was getting me frustrated. Sometimes I think it is better not knowing where your car is prior to getting the call from the MA.

Old 11-13-2011, 04:36 PM
SCMountaineer
4th Gear
Originally Posted by Cred
I missed the boat that James coupe made it on even though our cars were born 2 days apart. My coupe sat at the port for more then a week before getting on a boat. I had to stop checking it for a week because it was getting me frustrated. Sometimes I think it is better not knowing where your car is prior to getting the call from the MA.
Yeah, I've decided I'm just not going to check anymore. With Thanksgiving coming (I'd hoped to have my new car for my trip home) I'll have something else to occupy my thoughts.

Old 11-13-2011, 05:06 PM
PatM
6th Gear
You must be frustrated. I never thought I would hear that from you James. Trust me though when you do finally get your car you are going to be loving it. It really will be worth it. I know coming from a guy who already has his car but mark my words it will be worth it. I have about 1240 miles on mine and love it more and more! Hang in there my friend!!

Old 11-13-2011, 08:17 PM
jamesday24
6th Gear
Cred, you must be as frustrated as I am. I can't believe yours is still in England. For some reason a few of us just seem to catch all the bad breaks. I hope once we have them, like Pat says, we'll forgot the long, frustrating process of production and delivery.

Old 11-13-2011, 08:35 PM
jamesday24
6th Gear
I misread Cred's post but now I see that Cred's Coupe is also waiting to be sent to his dealership. I hope it arrives soon.

I will be writing a letter to MINI about the whole ordering, allocation, and launch fiasco of the Coupe. I might ask a few of you for details if I want to present more examples other than my own process.

Old 11-13-2011, 08:48 PM
Cred
4th Gear
I misread Cred's post but now I see that Cred's Coupe is also waiting to be sent to his dealership. I hope it arrives soon.

I will be writing a letter to MINI about the whole ordering, allocation, and launch fiasco of the Coupe. I might ask a few of you for details if I want to present more examples other than my own process.
I have to change my sig to "On a boat" or on the 15th to "at VDC." My sig must have made it a little more confusing.

Old 11-13-2011, 09:17 PM
walk0080
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Cred
James that is ridiculous to be sitting at VDC for so long. I hope this trucking thing gets worked out quickly. We all have a long enough wait already prior to VDC.
Don't be dismayed, I am sure you will have it soon. They have to get their act together!
Frustrating for sure... Either it needs major transit repair or more likely VDC is waiting for some mundane part that is not in stock for the Coupe.

Old 11-13-2011, 09:39 PM
stevepsd
2nd Gear
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Just found out that our Mini Countryman is in the paint shop with completion scheduled for tomorrow - 14 Nov. Yeah!

Now how long a wait is it until it is trucked up to Bremerhaven? Since mine will go thru the Port Hueneme VDC, do any of the ships go directly there or do they make multiple stops along the way?

Hope it's here by X-Mas!

Old 11-13-2011, 09:45 PM
Flamewinger
2nd Gear
A couple of days ago OL said my car was still waiting to get on a ship. Now it says the car is at the distribution center.

It's on my driveway. Go figure!?!?!

Old 11-14-2011, 05:34 AM
merlot
2nd Gear
Mine is booked for travel via the Toronto. ETD is the 15th and it arrives in NY the 24th. Should not be too a long a trip down to South Jersey by then. Then the dealer needs to install my strips

Old 11-14-2011, 05:55 AM
SCMountaineer
4th Gear
Flamewinger, you are giving me hope! OL still says mine is waiting on a ship, but Im secretly hoping my MA calls this week and says "Its here!" LOL

Quick Reply: "Those Waiting for a 2012" Support Group