1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"Those Waiting for a 2012" Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2011, 01:24 PM
Vapok
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Saga Continues...

Received word today. The Speedometer acts as the central bus and processing hub for all electrical gauges, indicators, and widgets in the car. Apparently this is what has gone out in my MINI. It'll be Monday before the part comes in.

So I have a 2010 MCCS AutoTranny as a loaner that I'm driving around. Not the same.. just not the same.

Grats to people getting their 2012's recently! It was/is/will be worth the wait!

Old 08-12-2011, 02:20 PM
Subzero
4th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
BlackDiamond, thanks! I am totally in love! I have been so busy the past few days that between the car and having family in town, I haven't had a second to take many good pics, but I should have some up by tomorrow!!

Vapok, thanks for the update! While it sucks overall, it seems like they've pinpointed your issue and have it under control. It sounded so catastrophic, at least there is hope....let us know, man!
J

Old 08-12-2011, 02:54 PM
minimartin
1st Gear
mrluckypa,

This is a direct quote from my MA's e-mail to me on 8/9:
"Your MINI Should be built in two weeks. After it gets built, it's a very quick process!!!". He too appears very optimistic. Maybe we should start a support group for those who have no clue as to when their MINIs will be built.

Old 08-12-2011, 03:53 PM
WhoIsPurpleGoo
2nd Gear
i just got word today that my '12 High Class Grey MCS is in production.

Old 08-12-2011, 04:22 PM
jamesday24
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Why is the 2012 model year production starting so early?

After weeks of trying to order, I finally got my order in last weekend for a 2012 JCW Coupe in Midnight Black with a Silver roof. It's scheduled for production week 40. I need to check on my production number, it's due by now.

Old 08-13-2011, 10:47 AM
SpankyandAndy
1st Gear
I am so stoked! Spanky is at the terminal, booked on the ship TIGER (which is appropriate as he is Spice Orange). Tiger departs Southampton on the 14th and arrives at the Port of Baltimore, August 24th.

Wow, I am so stoked and optimistic that I may take delivery right before the Labor Day weekend. Hate to get my hopes up, but it's hard.

I have TIGER listed on 'my fleet' so I can follow the progress at sea, thanks to Subzero who turned me onto the marine tracker website. Thanks again, bro.

Hopefully by tracking Spanky's sea voyage progress since they update frequently I won't need an intervention now.

By the way, my MA told me last week that their were several workers at the factory on vacation, that's why Spanky was in the paint shop (according to askmini) for 14 days. Now that they are back he went from the paint shop to the dock in 4 days. Hopefully the 2012 productions are going to move a bit faster now.

Old 08-13-2011, 12:47 PM
alixcks
2nd Gear
How do you find out shipping information? My Mini is at the port and awaiting transport according to the OL.

Old 08-13-2011, 12:55 PM
SpankyandAndy
1st Gear
WW provides a great website for you to check to see whether your MINI is booked aboard WW (or ARC) ships. You will need to start at the WW Cargo Tracking website: https://att.2wglobal.com/gstattweb/. The page will allow you to enter your VIN (which you can obtain from the OL) in the Cargo ID field. If your MINI has been booked aboard a ship, your VIN will bring up a “Cargo Status History” and present you with a wide set of information related to your MINI’s cruise. You will find the status of your MINI as it progressed through the four stages of shipment – Booking, Reception at Terminal, Loaded on Vessel, and Discharged – at the bottom of the page. It is IMPORTANT to remember that WW is a European company, so dates on the WW site are listed in the European format of DD/MM/YYYY. Another incredibly helpful section is the schedule page which is accessible by clicking on your Voyage ID information. This will tell you the expected arrival and departure information for the various ports of your voyage.

The info above was taken from the first post in the 1st gear forum "tracking your mini". The WW website should show your Mini booked and received after you put your VIN in the cargo search box along with your ship and ETD.

Old 08-14-2011, 06:20 PM
Janus
2nd Gear
Just put in an order for a 2012 over this past weekend.

Say Hello to Minerva

Sport package, BT/Ipod, Armrest

Instantly fell in love with the MCS after a test drive. Test drove a 335i coupe, a few weeks ago, and while the BMW is definitely faster, the MCS is easier to handle, and I think has a lot more 'usable' fun.

Attached Thumbnails "Those Waiting for a 2012" Support Group-minerva.jpg  
Old 08-14-2011, 07:41 PM
nddst
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Janus
Just put in an order for a 2012 over this past weekend.

Say Hello to Minerva

Sport package, BT/Ipod, Armrest

Instantly fell in love with the MCS after a test drive. Test drove a 335i coupe, a few weeks ago, and while the BMW is definitely faster, the MCS is easier to handle, and I think has a lot more 'usable' fun.
Congrats!

Old 08-15-2011, 06:09 AM
veevsato
1st Gear
My MCS arrived in Batlimore Harbor last night. Does anyone in the Balt. or DC area know how quickly they turn the cars around to the dealers at that port? I am hoping its quick. I really cant wait for this car.

Old 08-15-2011, 06:19 AM
Subzero
4th Gear
Hey V, it should be pretty quick. In my case, my car landed in South Carolina on a Friday, and was sitting on the dealer's lot in Plano [Dallas] by the following Monday. Good luck!
j

Old 08-15-2011, 07:46 AM
Gentlefury
3rd Gear
I got lucky, they had exactly what I wanted on the way to the dealer the day I went...got it 2 days later!! (was supposed to be 10!!).

Old 08-15-2011, 08:56 AM
minimartin
1st Gear
Originally Posted by mrluckypa
Minimartin, that makes two of us(and probably more) that have no idea as to delivery date. My MA still insists that it will be here within the promised 6-8 weeks. It would take a miracle at this point.

Just found out this morning my MINI ordered on 7/18 is scheduled for completion 8/23! I am excited the process is finally moving along. mrluckypa I hope you have had some good news too.

Old 08-15-2011, 09:00 AM
alixcks
2nd Gear
Just checked the WW tracking site and found out that my Mini will be leaving on the Asian Emperor on 8/16! The ETA at Port Newark is 8/25... hopefully the VDC won't keep my Mini there for a long time. The wait is finally coming to a close! :D

Old 08-15-2011, 10:57 AM
Vapok
2nd Gear
PINI is Alive!

Hey Folks,

Proud to report that after 5 days in the shop, PINI is alive and kicking. The tachometer module and speedometer bus communication system has been replaced. All fault codes are gone, and everything works.

Hopefully they'll remain in that way for much longer than just a week. =)

Old 08-15-2011, 12:56 PM
Subzero
4th Gear
Woohoo, that is great news!
Glad they were able to find and fix it without too much fuss. When I heard it was an electrical problem, it sounded pretty scary, but glad to hear you are motoring again! Vrooooom!

Jon

Old 08-16-2011, 06:41 PM
nddst
2nd Gear
Called ASK-MINI today and my car is being built as we speak. It will be completed 8/22. According to the sticky, next boat leaves 8/29 for NYC. Landing Sept 7.

HOPEFULLY, I can have it by Sept 10th.... We shall see

Old 08-17-2011, 01:06 AM
Joe Shmoo
1st Gear
patiently waiting for MCS.

Ordered - 8/7/11
Scheduled for Production - 8/17/11

Old 08-17-2011, 06:40 AM
veevsato
1st Gear
Originally Posted by veevsato
My MCS arrived in Batlimore Harbor last night. Does anyone in the Balt. or DC area know how quickly they turn the cars around to the dealers at that port? I am hoping its quick. I really cant wait for this car.
My MA just emailed me. My MCS will be ready to pick up this afternoon. I can wait. In the words of Vapok "teenage shoolgirls squeal!!!!!"

I also am not a girl.

Old 08-17-2011, 10:17 AM
rachael
1st Gear
My clubman supposedly left the factory today. I have not asked my MA for more information, as I'm having fun just figuring it out and guessing.

I think it's going to go on WW, since the other shipping line doesn't go to the West Coast. Does anyone know if that's true?

My best guess at the moment is an 8/30 departure, with a 9/21 arrival at Port Hueneme. The vessel is the Toscana.

Old 08-17-2011, 10:36 AM
Subzero
4th Gear
Originally Posted by rachael
...since the other shipping line doesn't go to the West Coast. Does anyone know if that's true?
I believe that's right, at least it seemed that way when I was beginning the tracking process. The K-Line schedule at the time only showed 2 ships (Florida Highway and California Highway) with routes that only went back and forth between Europe and the US east coast. All other ships listed on the KL schdeule made no stops anywhere in the US.
Jon

Old 08-17-2011, 11:30 AM
SpankyandAndy
1st Gear
Originally Posted by veevsato
My MA just emailed me. My MCS will be ready to pick up this afternoon. I can wait. In the words of Vapok "teenage shoolgirls squeal!!!!!"

I also am not a girl.
Is your MA from Mini of Alexandria? That was very fast!

Old 08-17-2011, 11:32 AM
Janus
2nd Gear
MA just emailed me a little while ago, he said it was being built as we speak! The order was placed Sunday, does that make sense?

Whats the shortest amount of time anyones received delivery?

Old 08-17-2011, 02:42 PM
alixcks
2nd Gear
Does anyone know how long it usually takes for the VDC to do final quality check? Just estimating when I'll be taking delivery after the boat lands at Port Newark.

Quick Reply: "Those Waiting for a 2012" Support Group