1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"Those Waiting for a 2012" Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2011, 05:54 PM
Phx JCW
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by havnap

Wooten, I'm soon to be back in the fold! This will be my 4th MINI- the ticky tocky is just as strong as it was for the 2003 and the 2006 orders!

2012 MB JCW Convertible - loaded up!

It's on order, but no production date yet.
Nice looking car...love the black with the red accents Very nice

Old 11-20-2011, 06:22 PM
SCMountaineer
4th Gear
sweet looking car, havnap!

Old 11-20-2011, 08:13 PM
minidoofus
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Hampsonna
Hello All,

I'm totally new to this forum and just recently joined. I'm anxiously awaiting my Mini from England and recently learned it's on the boat crossing the pond as I write this. I ordered a spice orange mini with black bonnet stripes. It's the basic model with a few goodies thrown in here and there. To say I'm excited is a huge understatement and December 17th (my proposed arrival date) can't come soon enough!

Cheers!

Nancy
Welcome Hampsonna! Sounds like your wait is half over!

Old 11-20-2011, 08:18 PM
SCMountaineer
4th Gear
Hampsonna, my car is crossing the pond right now too. Any idea what ship you're on? Maybe our cars are shipmates.

Old 11-20-2011, 09:04 PM
TerminalVelocity
5th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
After checking the OL tracking site my minimum standard 2 times today I decided to input the old production order number for the S Coupe I had initially ordered just out of curiosity**. As of today it is "awaiting transportation" This means it was 14 days total from when I received my PON to awaiting transport. Wow! This gives me hope that I may actually see my JCW Coupe before the start of the new year. The JCW went from on order to scheduled for production within a day and that was 7 days ago so who knows! Both cars had dealer slots. I know one thing, configuring, ordering, and waiting for a Mini is not for those leaning toward OCD. Sometimes I feel like a drug addict but this is to fun!

**For those who may not know, I did a re-order due to some features missing on the original car that I could not change since it had been scheduled for production before I caught it. I changed it to a JCW Coupe while I was at it**

Old 11-21-2011, 07:55 AM
dopp
Neutral
Still.....waiting....OL website switched from SFP to AT on 11/09/11! This is a Christmas present for my wife, my original fear was having to find a place to hide it until the holidays....now I fear for the arrival!

Someone above mentioned a VIN number not showing up? I've taken a quick look at the WW website, but didn not see a search option for VIN. Am I missing something? I know that may be a little premature....

Old 11-21-2011, 08:30 AM
SCMountaineer
4th Gear
Dopp, you enter the VIN under "cargo ID"

Old 11-21-2011, 10:31 AM
SCMountaineer
4th Gear
Well the owners lounge has said my car was en route for five days at least...but my ma says its set to board a kline ship on the 23rd. Sigh.

Old 11-21-2011, 10:34 AM
Hampsonna
2nd Gear
I just learned my car is on the ship called Torrens. It docks in Manzanillo, Mexico November 23rd, Port Hueneme, California on Dec. 2nd and Tacoma, Washington on December 6th. I'm guessing since I live in Colorado my baby will be dropped off in California and loaded on to a truck to make the rest of her journey. So COOL !!!!!!!!1

Old 11-21-2011, 10:39 AM
SCMountaineer
4th Gear
You're in good company on the torrens! There are several others on that ship. My ma said I would be on the bosporus highway ship. Only the kline schedule doesn't jive at all with a date of Nov 23 for that ship....and the schedule doesn't show that ship docking in Brunswick, nor leaving southhampton. Utterly confused now.

Old 11-21-2011, 10:57 AM
Hampsonna
2nd Gear
I'm glad. I think my family deserves some well-earned rest from my constant obsessing about the new member of our family, the Cooper. I hope your comes in on time, it's maddening to know it's on the way but not exactly where it is :-)

Old 11-21-2011, 12:35 PM
SCMountaineer
4th Gear
OK...after doing some more digging either I misunderstood my MA or she misunderstood what the sales manager had relayed to her. The Bosporus Highway, that my car is on, is scheduled in Brunswick on the 23rd, not scheduled to leave Southhampton on the 23rd. Which means he is only 2 days from the US! And I KNOW my family will be glad to have me stop obsessing over it! LOL

Old 11-21-2011, 08:48 PM
walk0080
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Took delivery of our 2012 JCW hatch/hardtop this morning with only 4km on the odometer. Then went for lunch in the Niagara region, visited some wineries and did a quick border crossing run to the US to pick up some packages. All in all a good day. But I managed to get curb rash on one of my winter wheels after only 10 hours of ownership.

We had many positive comments throughout the day. Once we made it back to Toronto, many people seemed to be really liking the sound. after about 150km of driving, the exhaust was going nuts with the burble and pop with and without the sport button. The only issue is we had 4 tires in the back, so the seat was down - major exhaust droning with the seats down.

The border crossing into the US was fun as always. Border guards don't seem to understand the concept of cross border shopping I guess. On the way back into Canada we got searched. We think they just wanted to check out the interior. I dunno, but both Canadian border guards liked the car a lot.

The Eclipse Grey with Chili Red roof looks amazing in person. It goes very deep/dark at night but brightens up during the day. The winter wheels I have are darker grey and also change colour quite a lot with ambient lighting changes. Those of you that picked this colour should be very happy! I didn't get a black grill surround but I find in person I liked it a lot. I also wasn't sure about the Sports Suspension (versus JCW Suspension with reduced ride height) - but in person the wheel gap looks just fine. Photos of the interior don't do it justice. It is a nice deep red and works well. I chose leatherette and they look and feel great. The black front light reflectors was $75 well spent - major good looks.

2011121_004[r]--2012JCWDelivery_StCatharines_edited-1.jpg by walk0080, on Flickr

2011121_0014[r]--2012JCWDelivery_StCatharines_edited-1.jpg by walk0080, on Flickr

2011121_0018[r]--2012JCWDelivery_StCatharines.JPG by walk0080, on Flickr

2011121_0048[r]--2012JCWDelivery_StCatharines_edited-1.jpg by walk0080, on Flickr

Last edited by walk0080; 11-21-2011 at 08:55 PM.
Old 11-21-2011, 09:46 PM
TerminalVelocity
5th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Walk0080
The Eclipse Grey with Chili Red roof looks amazing in person. It goes very deep/dark at night but brightens up during the day. Those of you that picked this colour should be very happy!
Exactly what I was hoping for!

Old 11-22-2011, 06:33 AM
PatM
6th Gear
Originally Posted by walk0080
T But I managed to get curb rash on one of my winter wheels after only 10 hours of ownership.
Curb rash??? Ya gotta be kidding? Shame on you.
I would get that repaired asap.

Old 11-22-2011, 06:40 AM
walk0080
6th Gear
Originally Posted by PatM
Curb rash??? Ya gotta be kidding? Shame on you.
I would get that repaired asap.
Ya I know :( I'll get it repaired in a few months once I am used to driving stick again.

Is it just me or do you have to press on the brake pedal before being able to engage reverse? Doesn't say that in the manual - it just says I should feel 'slight' resistance.

Old 11-22-2011, 06:50 AM
PatM
6th Gear
Originally Posted by walk0080
Ya I know :( I'll get it repaired in a few months once I am used to driving stick again.

Is it just me or do you have to press on the brake pedal before being able to engage reverse? Doesn't say that in the manual - it just says I should feel 'slight' resistance.
I'm not sure I have been driving a stick for so long I just do it in automatic mode.
I would just play with it and see what works. Then you know.

As long as you don't grind anything you can't hurt anything. Experiment and figure it out.

I didn't drive my car today or I would run out and test it for you. Like I said it's all automatic for me I just don't think about it.

Old 11-22-2011, 07:04 AM
walk0080
6th Gear
Originally Posted by PatM
I'm not sure I have been driving a stick for so long I just do it in automatic mode.
I would just play with it and see what works. Then you know.

As long as you don't grind anything you can't hurt anything. Experiment and figure it out.

I didn't drive my car today or I would run out and test it for you. Like I said it's all automatic for me I just don't think about it.
I had a previous car which was a manual for about 8 years. Now being stuck with an auto box for 3 years has made things a little rusty. I find the throttle very responsive on the JCW with and without the sport button on. I can easily blip and match revs on downshifts and even managed a couple heel and toe shifts on the first day.

I also notice my justa Cooper automatic would do the hill hold with the brakes engaged on just about any grade... the JCW seems to be setup to hill hold only on fairly steep grade which I like.

As an aside to those considering not getting MINI Connected and just sticking with the default USB input... on an iPhone4 with IOS5, you CAN use a GPS application AND control iPod music playback through the stereo and steering wheel buttons. It works extremely well but I am finding the pass-through port on my iPod cradle is a little loose so I would look into fixing that later.

Bluetooth phone works fine too - my microphone must be on the right side of the car.

Old 11-22-2011, 07:41 AM
Hampsonna
2nd Gear
What's curb rash?

Old 11-22-2011, 07:59 AM
SCMountaineer
4th Gear
What's curb rash?
scratched up rims or wheels (usually from scraping them against a curb)

Old 11-22-2011, 08:01 AM
Hampsonna
2nd Gear
Ah....go it, thanks. That would be such a bummer to do to a new Mini but accidents do happen. I bet it can be cleaned up no problem.

Old 11-22-2011, 08:07 AM
PatM
6th Gear
Ah....go it, thanks. That would be such a bummer to do to a new Mini but accidents do happen. I bet it can be cleaned up no problem.
Most can but typically your looking at 50 to 100 bill. I have seem some that cannot be repaired. Those are called Curdled rash.

When I park my car I park on the very end of the spot. The splitter is so low on my car that it will hit most curbs. That why I phantom park at the opposite end of the parking stub. The last thing I want to do is screw up the front end of my car. I am very very very cautious about that. My wife got some curb rash on one of her wheels but we got it repaired and she has not done it since. She learned very quickly. She too did it right after taking delivery. She was not a happy camper.

Old 11-22-2011, 08:18 AM
Hampsonna
2nd Gear
That would be my luck, I'd have the car 24 hours and something like that would happen. I have four girls and of the four, three drive and they're jockeying for position on who gets to drive the mini when once it comes in. They all have their own cars, of course, but a mini is something really special, as everyone knows...woo hoo!

Old 11-22-2011, 08:55 AM
Phx JCW
4th Gear
Walk0080 your car looks awesome!! I feel like I'm seeing my car :-). Dec. can't get here soon enough. Congratulations Man that is exciting, have fun with it. I can't wait to post pictures of mine. Cheers!!

Old 11-22-2011, 10:11 AM
davydo
3rd Gear
who else is on the toronto due in ny the 26th? anyone already have a pickup date?

Quick Reply: "Those Waiting for a 2012" Support Group