1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"Those Waiting for a 2012" Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2011, 07:42 PM
Cred
4th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My coupe made it to the dealership on Wednesday. Unfortunately, I will have to wait until Tuesday or Thursday to pick it up.

Old 11-26-2011, 08:37 PM
chaswyck
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by hlprgrl4u
Anyone else out there with a Countryman in Production Week 46? I am patiently waiting to hear about it's arrival at the port for transport across the pond to NYC. Seems to take so long!
Just be thankful you don't live on the West Coast - three weeks on the ship! Mine docks in 6 days, but who's counting?

Old 11-26-2011, 09:18 PM
gloomchen
3rd Gear
The OL finally updated from an estimated date at dealer of 11/23 (I had taken a screenshot of it and scribbled "LIES, ALL LIES" over top as a way to vent my frustration) now showing 11/28. Of course, taking delivery Tuesday or Wednesday next week are the ONLY days that it would be a tremendous hassle for me. Figures!

Old 11-27-2011, 05:50 AM
hlprgrl4u
Neutral
Originally Posted by chaswyck
Just be thankful you don't live on the West Coast - three weeks on the ship! Mine docks in 6 days, but who's counting?
If you only knew.....This is my second car I ordered in the last 4 months. The first one arrived after 10 weeks of waiting...and was missing my automatic garage door opener on my mirror. Seemed small enough, but no way to retro fit after production! I had to order a whole new car. So, I had my baby for 4 days and then had to return her and give her away to someone else.....how sad! And, that car sat in Austria after production was done for an entire month before it made it's way to the ship. God is trying to instill patience in my, but I am not happy one bit!

Old 11-27-2011, 05:52 AM
Orionizer
3rd Gear
In my satisfaction survey, I complained loudly about the OL and asked that MINIUSA give me a call so that I can complain. I'd suggest you do the same - hopefully many voices will get them to straighten that side of things up!

Originally Posted by gloomchen
The OL finally updated from an estimated date at dealer of 11/23 (I had taken a screenshot of it and scribbled "LIES, ALL LIES" over top as a way to vent my frustration) now showing 11/28. Of course, taking delivery Tuesday or Wednesday next week are the ONLY days that it would be a tremendous hassle for me. Figures!

Old 11-27-2011, 05:54 AM
Orionizer
3rd Gear
My MA and a few others were talking about doing a retrofit on the garage door opener option (this was on a hatch, though). I know it can be done, but it costs a LOT more to do it retro...

If you only knew.....This is my second car I ordered in the last 4 months. The first one arrived after 10 weeks of waiting...and was missing my automatic garage door opener on my mirror. Seemed small enough, but no way to retro fit after production! I had to order a whole new car. So, I had my baby for 4 days and then had to return her and give her away to someone else.....how sad! And, that car sat in Austria after production was done for an entire month before it made it's way to the ship. God is trying to instill patience in my, but I am not happy one bit!

Old 11-27-2011, 09:18 AM
danigurrl
4th Gear
What the hell....my car went from "waiting for shipment" to "ready for production." Is there an error in the system or did my car fall on the ocean?!

Old 11-27-2011, 09:30 AM
chaswyck
5th Gear
Originally Posted by danigurrl
What the hell....my car went from "waiting for shipment" to "ready for production." Is there an error in the system or did my car fall on the ocean?!
This doesn't sound good. I've never heard of a car going backwards in the sequence. Did you mean "scheduled for production"? I don't think there is a "ready for production" in the sequence of events. I would call ASKMINI tomorrow and speak to a live person and see what's going on.

Old 11-27-2011, 09:38 AM
chaswyck
5th Gear
I had a similar situation, but I caught it before the car got here. MY MA forgot to put the black roof/mirrors on the order on the computer even though it was on the build sheet that I signed off on when I ordered it. I caught the omission on the "order details" on the OL, but by the time he tried to make the change to the order the car already had a VIN so he had to make a whole new order. The second car went into production about three days after the first (wrong) one was complete and at the dock. I thought for sure I was going to miss the ship and have to wait another two weeks for the next one, but they both made it on the same ship (Torrens, scheduled to dock in Port Hueneme on Friday). It's critically important to check and double check the specs on the order detail on the OL as soon as it comes up. Was yours a problem of the MA inputting it wrong or a mistake at the factory? BY the way, I had the garage door opener on the mirror on my 335i and never used it because I couldn't get it to program so that both my car and my wife's worked so I used the clip on transmitter that came with the opener. For that reason, I didn't even order it on the MINI.

Old 11-27-2011, 09:56 AM
hlprgrl4u
Neutral
I had a similar situation, but I caught it before the car got here. MY MA forgot to put the black roof/mirrors on the order on the computer even though it was on the build sheet that I signed off on when I ordered it. I caught the omission on the "order details" on the OL, but by the time he tried to make the change to the order the car already had a VIN so he had to make a whole new order. The second car went into production about three days after the first (wrong) one was complete and at the dock. I thought for sure I was going to miss the ship and have to wait another two weeks for the next one, but they both made it on the same ship (Torrens, scheduled to dock in Port Hueneme on Friday). It's critically important to check and double check the specs on the order detail on the OL as soon as it comes up. Was yours a problem of the MA inputting it wrong or a mistake at the factory? BY the way, I had the garage door opener on the mirror on my 335i and never used it because I couldn't get it to program so that both my car and my wife's worked so I used the clip on transmitter that came with the opener. For that reason, I didn't even order it on the MINI.
Things happen....actually my order was put in but it was when they were changing the 2011 to 2012 model and the packages changed. The MA and the Sales manager both insisted the order was correct....but alas, the garage door opener was taken out of the package for the 2012 models. I told them about it not being on the sheet for my car specs but the were so insistent that I finally gave up. So....I had the car home and then realized it when we tried to program it. I love this remote and have it in my BMW and in my old mini, so I really wanted it, and it was the principle that an error was made and I wanted it corrected. On top of that, I think there was a train accident in Europe so all of the Mini's coming out of Austria sat and waited for transport to Bremerhaven for nearly a month!

Last edited by hlprgrl4u; 11-27-2011 at 10:22 AM.
Old 11-27-2011, 10:09 AM
chaswyck
5th Gear
Sounds like quite a mess and, with the model changeover going on, I can see where both you and the MA would be confused about what was in the package and what wasn't and how it would appear on the specs on the OL. Glad it got worked out, but it must have sucked to have to give back your MINI after 4 days. This is the first time I have ever ordered a car rather than buying it off the lot and, while I love the fact that I got everything I wanted and nothing I didn't, I'm not sure whether I would do another order or not. It's a very frustrating process and requires more patience than I have. On the other hand, there is no way I wouod have been able to get a spice orange MCS that was equipped anywhere like what I wanted because when I was looking there was a grand total of two SO MCS's in inventory in all of southern CA.

Old 11-27-2011, 10:38 AM
danigurrl
4th Gear
This doesn't sound good. I've never heard of a car going backwards in the sequence. Did you mean "scheduled for production"? I don't think there is a "ready for production" in the sequence of events. I would call ASKMINI tomorrow and speak to a live person and see what's going on.
Yeah...it said "schedule for production with no planned production date." WTF?! It was completely assembled on Nov 17th!

Old 11-27-2011, 10:47 AM
chaswyck
5th Gear
That's really odd. Never heard of that before. You'll have to see if the live person at ASKMINI can help you tomorrow. One thing I've learned in all this is that ordering a car is really nerve racking! I hope it was just a glitch and your car is done and on its way!

Old 11-27-2011, 10:48 AM
TerminalVelocity
5th Gear
Yeah...it said "schedule for production with no planned production date." WTF?! It was completely assembled on Nov 17th!
I DO NOT trust what the OL says at all. According to the 866 phone number (as well as when I talked to a live customer service rep) my Coupe only sat at "on order" for a day till it went to "scheduled for production". According to the OL site it was "on order" till yesterday (16 days) where it finally changed to "scheduled for production" and it showed a VIN for the first time. I don't know which to believe but I tend to go with what a live human tells me.

I've heard of people (using the OL site) thinking their car was waiting to be shipped when they received a call from their MA that the ship had already docked and their Mini was on a truck.

Old 11-27-2011, 10:53 AM
2nd Gear
Anyone on the Toronto stopping at NYC/NJ get word that their car is off the boat?

Old 11-27-2011, 12:48 PM
djsequoia
1st Gear
Cali Jack arrived

Only 1 month from order to taking delivery of my new mini hardtop S.
And here she is...
Black Jack style, Tech package, premium package, comfort package, sunroof, black rims and head lamps, toffee interior, chrome scoop and racing stripes.

Old 11-27-2011, 01:22 PM
SCMountaineer
4th Gear
I checked the OL today and my status changed to "At the VDC" since the OL has been four or five days behind at every step of the process, I am hoping that means Ill get to pick up my car Monday or Tuesday!

Old 11-28-2011, 04:53 AM
exyank
1st Gear
Originally Posted by SCMountaineer
I checked the OL today and my status changed to "At the VDC" since the OL has been four or five days behind at every step of the process, I am hoping that means Ill get to pick up my car Monday or Tuesday!
Hope so. Century delivered mine the day after it arrived @ dealership.

Old 11-28-2011, 07:11 AM
danigurrl
4th Gear
So I got everything straightened out with my car going from "ready to ship" to "scheduled for production."

It's been "at the port waiting for a shipping vessel" since November 17th...how long does it take to get on a boat?! :(

Old 11-28-2011, 07:19 AM
SCMountaineer
4th Gear
So I got everything straightened out with my car going from "ready to ship" to "scheduled for production."

It's been "at the port waiting for a shipping vessel" since November 17th...how long does it take to get on a boat?! :(
Some get on the same day they arrive at port, and some take weeks. Mine took 12 days to get picked up.

Old 11-28-2011, 07:19 AM
SCMountaineer
4th Gear
Originally Posted by exyank
Hope so. Century delivered mine the day after it arrived @ dealership.
How did you like Century? Who was your MA?

Old 11-28-2011, 07:57 AM
danigurrl
4th Gear
Originally Posted by SCMountaineer
Some get on the same day they arrive at port, and some take weeks. Mine took 12 days to get picked up.
That makes me unhappy. I don't have a vehicle until my new Mini gets here.

Old 11-28-2011, 10:15 AM
Cred
4th Gear
That makes me unhappy. I don't have a vehicle until my new Mini gets here.
Mine sat at the port of exit for a week, then sat at VDC for a week, and now will be at my dealer for a week until I pick up tomorrow or Thursday.
I feel your frustration. The end is where the bottle neck occurs in this process!

Old 11-28-2011, 10:41 AM
Hampsonna
2nd Gear
No pickup date here :-( My baby is still on the boat and will most likely remain in-transit until the end of the week...sniff. On the up side, my clothes dryer is on it's last legs, and my mom, visiting from NC for Thanksgiving, purchased a new washer and dryer as the Christmas gift to my family. It's not in stock at the moment, so if all goes well, I'll get the washer and dryer AND my Mini Cooper the week of December 12th! How cool is that? lol :-)

Old 11-28-2011, 10:51 AM
Hampsonna
2nd Gear
You are so patient.....

Quick Reply: "Those Waiting for a 2012" Support Group