1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"Those Waiting for a 2012" Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2011, 10:52 AM
Hampsonna
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Our cars are very similiar...spice orange with black bonnet stripes, my stripes are different that yours. You have great taste!

Old 11-28-2011, 05:38 PM
peterpan101
3rd Gear
Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
Just got the e-mail from my MA that mine went into production, one step closer. I too am without a car till it arrives.

I remember reading this thread before I ordered and thinking " I can be patient that won't be me" man was I ever wrong

Old 11-29-2011, 06:25 AM
BrewSwapGuy
Formerly PassatDoTd
VDC held mine and 4 others up for my dealer for a few extra days. Should be picking mine up today.

Old 11-29-2011, 06:30 AM
Hampsonna
2nd Gear
So lucky! Good for you. I like your Dragon Brew icon....where is that sold?

Old 11-29-2011, 07:48 AM
SCMountaineer
4th Gear
I got that call today too! Picking mine up late today or tomorrow! Woo hoo! Seriously tempted to take the day off work and just drive!

Old 11-29-2011, 07:50 AM
Hampsonna
2nd Gear
I would TOTALLY take the day off and drive around by myself. I live at the base of the Rocky Mountains along the front range (about 40 minutes from Wyoming) and nothing could keep me away from breaking my new baby in on some hairpin turns up in the mountains! Go for it!

Old 11-29-2011, 08:04 AM
DooBahDoo
6th Gear
We ordered two CMS on 11/21. I got a call from our MA yesterday (11/28) advising that one of them (mine) had gone into production. I'm trying to time the sale of my '09 so that I'm not without a car for an extended period...anyone have a clue what the factory holiday schedule will be like?

I'm still thinking mid-January for delivery. It doesn't matter that these will be MINI's #5 & 6, it's still stressful. The only thing that makes it easier is still having a couple of MINI's in the garage until these get here.

Old 11-29-2011, 08:10 AM
danigurrl
4th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by DooBahDoo
We ordered two CMS on 11/21. I got a call from our MA yesterday (11/28) advising that one of them (mine) had gone into production. I'm trying to time the sale of my '09 so that I'm not without a car for an extended period...anyone have a clue what the factory holiday schedule will be like?

I'm still thinking mid-January for delivery. It doesn't matter that these will be MINI's #5 & 6, it's still stressful. The only thing that makes it easier is still having a couple of MINI's in the garage until these get here.
I tried to time the selling of my 2009 Mini to coincide with the delivery of the 2012. It didn't happen. I sold my '09 this past weekend and I still have another 2-3 weeks wait, at least. My Mini isn't even on a ship yet...it's just hanging out in the port.

GLWS!

Old 11-29-2011, 08:23 AM
Hampsonna
2nd Gear
So far mine is on schedule to be received on Dec 17th. It's on the boat, and been on the boat a while. I can see how trying to time selling one and getting a new one would be stressful......stay calm, your new baby will be here soon.

Old 11-29-2011, 08:54 AM
DooBahDoo
6th Gear
I feel your pain. I'm open to renting a car for a couple of weeks but my last order got stuck at the port and missed 3 ships...which is more typical of my luck so I'm not sure what to do. I'll figure it out. Good luck getting your baby onto a vessel SOON.

[QUOTE=danigurrl;3406643]I tried to time the selling of my 2009 Mini to coincide with the delivery of the 2012. It didn't happen. I sold my '09 this past weekend and I still have another 2-3 weeks wait, at least. My Mini isn't even on a ship yet...it's just hanging out in the port.

Good luck with your delivery...as soon as you see it all the stress and anticipation washes away. Don't forget to park it & post some pics...

Originally Posted by Hampsonna
So far mine is on schedule to be received on Dec 17th. It's on the boat, and been on the boat a while. I can see how trying to time selling one and getting a new one would be stressful......stay calm, your new baby will be here soon.

Old 11-29-2011, 08:59 AM
Hampsonna
2nd Gear
I come from a family of car dealers. One of my dad's first car dealerships was a Porsche/Fiat/Peugeot dealership in NY in the early 70's. I have a picture of myself at the age of 5 sitting in a Porsche on the dealership floor driving a stuffed animal around....or pretending to. I love cars, they're totally in my blood and I can't believe how hard it is to wait for this little beauty. My husband tells me I talk in my sleep about it and ask if he knows where the ship is....pathetic but unavoidable.

Old 11-29-2011, 09:14 AM
danigurrl
4th Gear
I come from a family of car dealers. One of my dad's first car dealerships was a Porsche/Fiat/Peugeot dealership in NY in the early 70's. I have a picture of myself at the age of 5 sitting in a Porsche on the dealership floor driving a stuffed animal around....or pretending to. I love cars, they're totally in my blood and I can't believe how hard it is to wait for this little beauty. My husband tells me I talk in my sleep about it and ask if he knows where the ship is....pathetic but unavoidable.
lol. I tell my boyfriend that he better start swimming so he can go get my car for me!

Originally Posted by DooBahDoo
I feel your pain. I'm open to renting a car for a couple of weeks but my last order got stuck at the port and missed 3 ships...which is more typical of my luck so I'm not sure what to do. I'll figure it out. Good luck getting your baby onto a vessel SOON.
It's been done since Nov 17th...I was hoping it'd be on a boat by now. I'm open to renting a car, but it's $180/wk + gas. Luckily, I'm able to drive my boyfriend's car (as long as it doesn't break) and he's driving one of his "fixer-uppers" that he had laying around the yard. lol. It's a gas guzzler, but still cheaper then renting.

Old 11-29-2011, 09:33 AM
Hampsonna
2nd Gear
Done since Nov 17th! What the heck? We're almost in December. I would think you'd be receiving it any day now....patience is a virtue...kinda...lol

Old 11-29-2011, 10:02 AM
Phx JCW
4th Gear
I haven't had a car since Nov 1st...my Touareg sold faster then I thought and i couldn't pass up cash in hand. Fortunately for me, my wife was sick for a week (not good for her). But now I am working from home waiting for my car to get here . The good thing is my car is going to feel like a rocket ship.
I am going a little stir crazy though

Old 11-29-2011, 10:02 AM
SCMountaineer
4th Gear
danigurrl and PhX JCW, Im in a similar predicament. I sold my old car thinking I was buying a dealer traded Clubman. Turned out it lacked my must-have sunroof, so I have spent the last two months driving the family work truck around. It gets ghastly gas mileage, has dents on literally every panel, and smells like an old bar. LOL! Hampsonna, by the time they do the clear bra and my custom stripes, it may be Thursday before I get him anyway...I am off on Friday, and there is a great twisty road just a few miles from home screaming my name Friday morning!

Old 11-29-2011, 10:16 AM
Hampsonna
2nd Gear
Go for it!

Old 11-29-2011, 10:52 AM
danigurrl
4th Gear
Done since Nov 17th! What the heck? We're almost in December. I would think you'd be receiving it any day now....patience is a virtue...kinda...lol
I hope so! I'm going to give it a couple more days, then contact my MA. I doubt she can do anything about it short of paddling across the pond in a raft and tugging Jack back to the states on an inner tube.

With my luck, when he finally arrives, we're going to get a huge blizzard and I'm not going to want to drive him around on summer tires in 12" of snow.

Old 11-29-2011, 10:54 AM
Hampsonna
2nd Gear
I'll send good thoughts your way it's a beautiful day to break Jack in..

Old 11-29-2011, 12:31 PM
BrewSwapGuy
Formerly PassatDoTd
So lucky! Good for you. I like your Dragon Brew icon....where is that sold?
That's the basic logo from the first Brew Swap I put on at the Dragon. Craig made me this one special for my return to MINI. I don't believe it's sold anywhere.

Sounds like most of you will be getting your rides soon as well. Congrats to all!

Old 11-29-2011, 12:35 PM
meindc
2nd Gear
I am in the same boat as danigurrl, PhX JCW and SCMoutaineer. I took my car to CarMax to see what they would give me for it so I could plan. Then I took it to the dealer I bought it from and they offered $1,500 more so I had to sell it as I then stupidly told them what CarMax had offered!

I am also renting, but at $76/week for a Hyundai Accent that has crank windows and manual locks.

Fortunately I made the Figaro that hopefully will be arriving in Baltimore on 12/5. Maybe I will get my car by 12/12?

Last edited by meindc; 11-29-2011 at 12:41 PM.
Old 11-29-2011, 02:08 PM
gloomchen
3rd Gear
The truck carrying my MINI to the dealership broke down in Wisconsin yesterday.

Yeah.

Old 11-29-2011, 06:39 PM
danigurrl
4th Gear
everyone is having such good luck all around!

Old 11-29-2011, 07:09 PM
gloomchen
3rd Gear
At least the truck did get my Mini to the dealer! I'll be taking delivery 12/1 as planned, and the story will have a happy ending. IT WILL OR SOMEONE GETS THE BELT.

Old 11-29-2011, 10:59 PM
chaswyck
5th Gear
I got a good price for my 335i so I sold it at the end of September. I've been renting my daughter's Jeep Patriot since then (she has a Jeep Wrangler that they used offroad but it's street legal and registered that she's driving). It's worked out well and so far they've been able to put a new floor in their little house with the rental $. My MCS arrives on the Torrens on FRIDAY!!!! Bye Bye Patriot! LOL

Old 11-30-2011, 07:40 AM
Hampsonna
2nd Gear
My car is also on the Torrens but not scheduled to arrive until December 17th. I'm wondering if it will dock in California on Friday, go through customs and then be loaded on a truck next week....I hope so. Colorado isn't that far from California.....

Quick Reply: "Those Waiting for a 2012" Support Group