1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"Those Waiting for a 2012" Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2011 | 03:08 PM
chaswyck
5th Gear
Originally Posted by riveratsx4
Which dealership?
Irvine MINI

Old 12-02-2011 | 04:20 PM
Purie
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by chaswyck
Just spoke to my MA and he said I might be able to pick up my car on Sunday that came in on the Torrens.
Aw I so hope that applies to the rest of us around here

Old 12-02-2011 | 04:25 PM
chaswyck
5th Gear
Originally Posted by Purie
Aw I so hope that applies to the rest of us around here
In the interest of complete disclosure, he did say that the paperwork he got indicated a delivery date to the dealer of 12/7 (Wednesday), but he said he'd never heard of that and that usually the car gets delivered the day after it's released to the carrier (which it was, today). He seemed to be pretty confident that it would get there tomorrow and be ready for pick up on Sunday. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Old 12-02-2011 | 07:03 PM
merlot
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by danigurrl
Luuuucky!!
The bubbles might go away. I can't remember if bubbles were common with vinyl applications. If they don't go away in a couple days, I'd make the dealer redo it. $95 + $220 installed better be PERFECT. That's why I'm not getting my stripes done by the dealer, too much $ and I don't trust them (and I really like my dealership too!)
My stripes and install were both free... but it still should be perfect.

Old 12-03-2011 | 12:35 AM
chaswyck
5th Gear
Free? From a dealer? Remember the old Ragu spaghetti sauce commercials where an incredulous older Italian woman questions the quality of Ragu sauce by rattling off the ingredients of her homemade sauce and the Ragu person answers each ingredient with the phrase, "It's in there"? "Garlic?" It's in there. "Fresh parsley?" It's in there. "Vine ripened tomatoes?" It's in there. "Cost of stripes?" It's in there (someplace).

Old 12-03-2011 | 03:50 AM
danigurrl
4th Gear
It was probably just part of negotiations. I actually tried to get my viper stripes "free" because the bonnet stripes are included in the Sport Package, but I didn't want factory bonnet stripes. So I was losing a $100 option that was in the package, but they wouldn't substitute the viper stripes. So I'm getting aftermarket ones that go all the way down to the bottom of the bumper covers, instead of stopping at the grill and bottom of the boot. Since I have to pay out of pocket either way, I might as well get perfection.

Old 12-03-2011 | 08:11 AM
merlot
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by chaswyck
Free? From a dealer? Remember the old Ragu spaghetti sauce commercials where an incredulous older Italian woman questions the quality of Ragu sauce by rattling off the ingredients of her homemade sauce and the Ragu person answers each ingredient with the phrase, "It's in there"? "Garlic?" It's in there. "Fresh parsley?" It's in there. "Vine ripened tomatoes?" It's in there. "Cost of stripes?" It's in there (someplace).
I'm not going to publicly disclose all the details of my deal, but according to Edmunds True Value and Truecar.com, I paid well below the average selling price. So if "It's in there", it certainly didn't matter to the bottom line.

Old 12-03-2011 | 08:50 AM
davydo
3rd Gear
Picked mine up from Inskip in RI last night. Very smooth, AMAZING car. It'll take me a month to figure out half of the tech!

Pics to follow... BTW, they have a JCW clubman there that's not spoken for if anyone needs theirs NOW. PM me and I can hook you up.

Old 12-03-2011 | 09:17 AM
danigurrl
4th Gear
Originally Posted by davydo
Picked mine up from Inskip in RI last night. Very smooth, AMAZING car. It'll take me a month to figure out half of the tech!

Pics to follow... BTW, they have a JCW clubman there that's not spoken for if anyone needs theirs NOW. PM me and I can hook you up.
AHHH!! I'm waiting for my car from Inskip!! It's still over in Europe. :'( When did you place your order, if you don't mind me asking?

Old 12-03-2011 | 09:30 AM
TerminalVelocity
5th Gear
edit

Last edited by TerminalVelocity; 12-03-2011 at 09:40 AM.
Old 12-03-2011 | 09:37 AM
davydo
3rd Gear
AHHH!! I'm waiting for my car from Inskip!! It's still over in Europe. :'( When did you place your order, if you don't mind me asking?
Late August... Thanks, good luck!

Old 12-03-2011 | 09:59 AM
danigurrl
4th Gear
Originally Posted by davydo
Late August... Thanks, good luck!
Wow, it took that long to get a JCW? I just placed my order Nov 4th but not for a JCW.

Old 12-03-2011 | 07:40 PM
Phx JCW
4th Gear
Doing the same with my stripes

It was probably just part of negotiations. I actually tried to get my viper stripes "free" because the bonnet stripes are included in the Sport Package, but I didn't want factory bonnet stripes. So I was losing a $100 option that was in the package, but they wouldn't substitute the viper stripes. So I'm getting aftermarket ones that go all the way down to the bottom of the bumper covers, instead of stopping at the grill and bottom of the boot. Since I have to pay out of pocket either way, I might as well get perfection.

Old 12-03-2011 | 10:33 PM
chaswyck
5th Gear
I'm doing exactly the same thing with the stripes - after market, all the way down to the bumpers, probably a matte black. I'm also having the headlight and tail light rings wrapped with the same vinyl as the stripes. I'm actually having some trouble finding someone to do it. I never thought that would be a problem in SoCal.

Old 12-03-2011 | 11:35 PM
danigurrl
4th Gear
I have a friend who owns a shop and he does a lot of custom automotive and bike work. Mostly painting, ceramic coating, polishing, and powder coating, but also jobs like repairing bent and damaged wheels. I know he doesn't have a vinyl cutter, so I'm going to purchase all the vinyl beforehand and see if he'll use my car as a guinea pig. Maybe give me a price break, and if he's good at it (which I'm pretty sure he will be, he's awesome with everything) then maybe he can use it as another aspect of his business.I want the stripes and all the chrome pieces wrapped, pretty much same as you. I guess it's a good thing we live on opposite sides of the country, or else we might get confused with near-identical cars. lmao.

Old 12-04-2011 | 07:41 AM
Racer X
1st Gear
W ordered our third girl on the 22nd of October. A rather fantastic month to order a car. It set sail 11-11-11, on the Torrens. She docked in port Hueneme on Fri., the 2nd, yeah!! Fingers crossed she'll be at the best MINI Dealer there is, East Bay MINI. May I say the best group of mechanics around!!
So our Lady Bianca Rosse' Puttanesca is going to be tearing up the pot holed landscape any day now. Tops off, seats hott, and away we goo!!!

2012, Pepper White (been a slave to black for six years), cab S, JCW, piano black interior, redwood coloured steering and gear sleeve, dimming side, sorry to have, dimming rear, love it! Piano black, leatherette sport seats (haha, leatherette!), cold weather pck., bluetooth, back-up sensors, I'll hit it if..16"s, had ordered 17"s, but on advice pulled them off, all the rear traction goodies and sports front end..and did I forget any, Grins! It comes with those doesn't it?! Vroom, vroom!!

Old 12-04-2011 | 06:40 PM
riveratsx4
1st Gear
Anybody here anything about their car off the Torrens yet?

Old 12-04-2011 | 06:44 PM
Purie
3rd Gear
It looks as their waiting for customs and then to VDC, which should be around 3 days. So I'm expecting Wednesday or Thursday. The Port Hueneme walk through said they don't work the weekends so are cars had to site around :(

Old 12-04-2011 | 06:54 PM
riveratsx4
1st Gear
They already cleared customs 11/30 before they are off the ship. And the Torrens left 12/2 for Tacoma

Old 12-04-2011 | 07:00 PM
Purie
3rd Gear
They already cleared customs 11/30 before they are off the ship. And the Torrens left 12/2 for Tacoma
Ah mine is still not showing clearing customs and liner release yet The status quantity is still blank.

https://att.2wglobal.com/gstattweb/o...ckSearchResult

Old 12-04-2011 | 07:19 PM
Phx JCW
4th Gear
Just heard that it was on the ground on Saturday from my dealer. Since I was out of town Friday and Sat. i haven't had that much time to think about it ;-)
I am going to call the dealer in the morning and see what the status is.

Old 12-04-2011 | 08:12 PM
SFBayLaser
Neutral
The OL shows my car at the VDC and now lists an estimated delivery date of next Friday. Unfortunately... I'm out of town next weekend so won't be able to pick it up until the week after.

Old 12-04-2011 | 08:34 PM
Phx JCW
4th Gear
The Owners Lounge still shows mine "IN ROUTE"
Don't think the OL is anything more then a fun tool from Mini to keep you hooked. Not knocking it, I think it's a very cool feature of the whole experience. I just know its not accurate, ...it seems to be at least 3-4 days behind.

Old 12-04-2011 | 08:46 PM
SFBayLaser
Neutral
I should add that my car was also on the Torrens. The WW tracking only shows customs release, I'm guessing that site gets updated tomorrow morning (monday). So I was surprised the OL listed me as at the VDC with a delivery date. I guess the process is/can be a bit random.

Old 12-04-2011 | 09:00 PM
chaswyck
5th Gear
My MA told me that he received something that said it had been released to the carrier (trucking company) on Friday. It also said expected delivery to the dealer 12/7 (Wednesday). Despite that he thought he might get it yesterday so I could pick it up today because they usually get the delivery the day after it's been released to the carrier (dealer is less than 100 miles from Port Hueneme). Unfortunately it didn't arrive yet so I'm looking at either Tuesday or Thursday because I can't pick it up on Wednesday even if it comes early.

Quick Reply: "Those Waiting for a 2012" Support Group