1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"Those Waiting for a 2012" Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2011, 03:22 PM
aeiron
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Curious, I ordered my clubman a couple weeks ago and the sales manager said it womt be built until mid September. Is the queue that full already? are others getting a similar build week (36 in my case).

Old 08-18-2011, 07:10 AM
veevsato
1st Gear
Originally Posted by SpankyandAndy
Is your MA from Mini of Alexandria? That was very fast!

Almost, MINI of Sterling.

Old 08-18-2011, 07:21 AM
veevsato
1st Gear
It's a boy!!

My MCS was delivered yesterday. The process went without a hitch.

Had a scary moment as I walked to the dealer. (Carmax bought my old Maxima and is right near the MINI dealer) As I was walking there I saw a huge cloud of black smoke coming from the MINI dealers lot. I laughed to my wife and said, "Look, there's the new car". I guess the joke snuck into my subconcious because I realized that I was then...running....to the dealership.
It turns out that there actually was a car fire there. Several fire trucks and a medivac chopper were on site. A guy that does wheels for MINI had a truck with a trailer that caught fire somehow. Took two other cars with it. The guy is apparently ok, but had some burns on his arms as he tried to put the fire out alone before it got too large.
Even with all the drama they got me through the system fairly fast and I was out and tooling around. I love the color (hot chocolate) and it goes with the black rims really well.
I will try to put some pictures up later today.

Still havent come up with a name.

Old 08-18-2011, 08:50 PM
swpars
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by aeiron
Curious, I ordered my clubman a couple weeks ago and the sales manager said it womt be built until mid September. Is the queue that full already? are others getting a similar build week (36 in my case).
My wife ordered a justaCooper on 8/14 and got a week 38 build. Ugh. Long wait for us - delivery in mid October I guess?

Old 08-18-2011, 09:00 PM
WhoIsPurpleGoo
2nd Gear
ordered an MCS on 7/22, ask mini says it's in the body shop with an expected completion date of 8/22.

Old 08-19-2011, 03:59 AM
goatherd
1st Gear
2012 Coffee Countryman Update from Dealer

I received this from my MA at Dreyer in Indianapolis - "No need to be worried. It's actually almost done with production. I think the owners lounge is a bit behind. I'll e-mail you when production has been completed (that will be VERY soon)."

I had emailed him because the OL hasn't moved my CM from 'Scheduled for Production' for about 3 weeks. I had called the mini line and had been told that there was no scheduled date for production.

I'll keep my fingers crossed . . . .

Old 08-19-2011, 06:32 AM
swpars
2nd Gear
Just called ASK MINI and lo and behold my wife's Mini is in production! Don't know why our vehicle inquiry report shows Week 38.

Old 08-19-2011, 08:43 AM
mrk5n
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by goatherd
I received this from my MA at Dreyer in Indianapolis - "No need to be worried. It's actually almost done with production. I think the owners lounge is a bit behind. I'll e-mail you when production has been completed (that will be VERY soon)."

I had emailed him because the OL hasn't moved my CM from 'Scheduled for Production' for about 3 weeks. I had called the mini line and had been told that there was no scheduled date for production.

I'll keep my fingers crossed . . . .
Goat, Check out the unofficial 2012 Countryman order thread here, it has ppl's updates on their production.. Supposedly the holdup was due to the annual 2-week vacation the factory workers take over there.

Old 08-19-2011, 09:00 AM
rachael
1st Gear
I have just tracked my MINI on ww's web page. It is coming over on the Virgo Leader, which departs on the 21st and arrives in Southern CA on 9/15!!! I am in the Bay Area.

My son's birthday is the 25th, and he would be really excited if we got a mini for his birthday. I need to take it to my favorite shop to have the stripes put on after I take delivery, so it might not make it. However, it will be close enough.

My mini was also delayed in production. My MA said it was because of the automatic, but who knows?

Is it a justa-clubman because it is not "s"? Or does it have some other denomination because it is not only the standard motor, but also an automatic?

Rachael

Old 08-19-2011, 11:16 AM
goatherd
1st Gear
Countryman Update

The AskMini line dramatically changed today. I went from the last check of "No production date set" a few days ago to its in the paint shop!! Appears that my MA is correct and the vehicle is close to being built. Whoooooo Whooooo . . . .

Update August 20th from my MA - "Even better news today!! Your MINI has completed production and is about to get on a ship!!". I haven't tracked down which ship yet as the plant is in Graz, Austria, but I'll figure it out. Hopefully it won't be too much longer. . .

Last edited by goatherd; 08-20-2011 at 09:31 AM.
Old 08-21-2011, 09:51 AM
bakesonaplane
2nd Gear
Ordered my 2012 All black MCS (Midnight black, black punch leather seats, black rims) last thursday (8/18) and it appears I have bumped into one of my dealers spots and will start production tomorrow! Excited is not even close to how I feel right now, and everyone around me is getting sick of me talking about it! At this point hopefully looking at a late September early October arrival.

Old 08-21-2011, 10:00 AM
Tikigod
3rd Gear
Joining the support group as well. Placed my order this past Thursday - MA says production should start first or second week of September. This wait is going to be tough.
Ordered a Clubman S - Chili Red w/ black roof/c-pillars - leatherette interior - anthracite head liner - HK - CW package - black 16" wheels - black hood stripes.

Old 08-21-2011, 10:17 AM
Blk Diamond
1st Gear
Originally Posted by rachael
I have just tracked my MINI on ww's web page. It is coming over on the Virgo Leader, which departs on the 21st and arrives in Southern CA on 9/15!!! I am in the Bay Area.

My son's birthday is the 25th, and he would be really excited if we got a mini for his birthday. I need to take it to my favorite shop to have the stripes put on after I take delivery, so it might not make it. However, it will be close enough.

My mini was also delayed in production. My MA said it was because of the automatic, but who knows?

Is it a justa-clubman because it is not "s"? Or does it have some other denomination because it is not only the standard motor, but also an automatic?

Rachael
Hi Rachael, You just made my day!!!! After reading your post I decided to check and see if my Mini might be scheduled to depart on the Virgo Leader today and it IS!!!!!!! I'm so excited because I thought that I'd have to wait until 8/30! I'm so stoked! Looks like our buddies are sailing together! Whooo! Hoooo!

Old 08-21-2011, 12:03 PM
treadwell
1st Gear
Originally Posted by Blk Diamond
Hi Rachael, You just made my day!!!! After reading your post I decided to check and see if my Mini might be scheduled to depart on the Virgo Leader today and it IS!!!!!!! I'm so excited because I thought that I'd have to wait until 8/30! I'm so stoked! Looks like our buddies are sailing together! Whooo! Hoooo!
Hey that's great news for you guys!! Anything to lessen the wait. Looks like they added another ship, NYK Line. Is it coming into PH? I didn't see it on the WW schedule. My MCCs is only five days away, then just the unknown VDC wait.

Old 08-21-2011, 02:01 PM
rachael
1st Gear
I was wondering why it didn't show up on the WW schedule. I found it by searching for cargo with my VIN.

It comes into PH. I think it has one stop beforehand.

http://www.sailwx.info/shiptrack/shi...html?call=H3YE

I thought I was going to have to wait until 8/30 also. I was very excited to see it on an earlier ship. I hope our cars have a fun time on their cruise.

Old 08-21-2011, 02:24 PM
Bubble and Squeak
4th Gear
Well it has been a week. Still no production number. I am starting to thing that my dealer Was out of slots for August. Told me I would get a production number in a few weeks. Now looking at it, that would be around the 1st of sept.

If that is the case, suspect I will not get the thing for a while. Will be to cold to put the top down.

Old 08-21-2011, 02:36 PM
rachael
1st Gear
This one is better, for the Virgo Leader. It looks like it's due to arrive at 2:00am on the 22nd, UTC (whatever UTC means).

http://www.marinetraffic.com/ais/def...0&type_color=7

Bubble and Squeak - Just wear a lot of clothes. It'll be fine.

Old 08-21-2011, 03:10 PM
treadwell
1st Gear
Originally Posted by rachael
This one is better, for the Virgo Leader. It looks like it's due to arrive at 2:00am on the 22nd, UTC (whatever UTC means).

http://www.marinetraffic.com/ais/def...0&type_color=7

Bubble and Squeak - Just wear a lot of clothes. It'll be fine.
That would be 7:00 PM local time on the 21st in Port Hueneme (UTC -7 hours). UTC is "coordinated universal time". It's a standard time used by business and govermental organizations (ie, airlines, shipping lines, the military) that operate worldwide and 24/7 to avoid confusion with local times.

Old 08-23-2011, 02:25 PM
bakesonaplane
2nd Gear
I know what the tracking your mini thread says, but what are people usually experiencing with wait times recently? My Mini has said it was "in production" starting last Friday, 8/19 at 5am, and hasn't moved at all. and by this I mean my MA has checked on it and it hasn't changed stages in 5 days WITHIN production...is this typical? Also, I thought I had read somewhere that it usually takes 7-8 days in production from start to finish, and it's estimating my Mini to be done 8/31...which makes it a total of 13. I'm not really complaining, since I know I got lucky since I only placed the order 8/18, but I'm just very curious to why nothing has happened and why it is saying it is going to take so long within the production stage.

Old 08-23-2011, 03:05 PM
mrluckypa
5th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It takes 8 days to assemble a mini. The first five are what is called staging. All the parts for your MINI are gotten ready for the build There is a MINI tour on You Tube that explains the entire process. Enjoy!!!!!

Attached Thumbnails "Those Waiting for a 2012" Support Group-me-mini-countryman-all4-01_653.jpg  
Old 08-23-2011, 03:24 PM
swpars
2nd Gear
How are you able to find the date that production of your MINI started? My wife's car was in production as of late last week, but I have no idea of the start date (ordered 8/14).

Old 08-23-2011, 06:11 PM
bakesonaplane
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by swpars
How are you able to find the date that production of your MINI started? My wife's car was in production as of late last week, but I have no idea of the start date (ordered 8/14).
If you call the customer relations department for Mini they should be able to tell you all of the information. Them or the dealership/MA where you ordered your car should have the information. At least one of them should have the information.

If you have been calling the 1-866-ASK-MINI number, if you check your production status it gives you an option to connect to customer relations. If you call between I believe 9am-8pm eastern time you can get someone.

Hopefully this helps!

Old 08-23-2011, 06:36 PM
rachael
1st Gear
I ordered my MINI on July 19th, and it was listed as "in production" within 2 or 3 days. It wasn't actually completed until August 17th. I called ASK-MINI a few times, but didn't get any new information until almost the end of the wait. Except... one person told me that it was going to be done on the 17th, and that turned out to be true.

Rachael

Old 08-23-2011, 06:49 PM
swpars
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by bakesonaplane

If you have been calling the 1-866-ASK-MINI number, if you check your production status it gives you an option to connect to customer relations. If you call between I believe 9am-8pm eastern time you can get someone.

Hopefully this helps!
Thanks. I called ASK-MINI and found out the car is in the paint shop. Should be completed tomorrow.

Hopefully the car makes the Toscana's sailing for Port Hueneme on 8/30, that would mean a late September delivery.

Old 08-24-2011, 08:18 AM
PatM
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
How Long to Get Production Data

How long has it been taking you guys to get a production date from the time you get the production number? I have had my production number since 8-17 but no production date yet.

Can someone give me an idea how long I an expect to wait before that information is available?

Quick Reply: "Those Waiting for a 2012" Support Group