1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"Those Waiting for a 2012" Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2011, 02:54 PM
Phx JCW
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Has anyone received word from Crevier about when they can take delivery of their car from the Torrens??
I talked with them today and they still don't have specifics when i can get the car....but he said plan on Monday....MONDAY! Holy Hell...I don't think i am going to make it much longer when i know it is so close.

Old 12-06-2011, 06:49 PM
Purie
3rd Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Phx JCW
Has anyone received word from Crevier about when they can take delivery of their car from the Torrens??
I talked with them today and they still don't have specifics when i can get the car....but he said plan on Monday....MONDAY! Holy Hell...I don't think i am going to make it much longer when i know it is so close.
Yup I just got an email from my MA and he said my car will get there late Wednesday night and be ready for pick up Thursday morning. Can't wait, but I've started to get paranoid and fearing that maybe it'll have a white top instead of body color and stuff like that lol.

Old 12-06-2011, 08:29 PM
Phx JCW
4th Gear
I have had those paranoid visions as well...its really bad for me since I am not even going to physically see my car before it is released to the trucking company I hired to bring her to Scottsdale. I think I am going to have to have them take pictures of the interior, and the exterior to make sure everything is correct.

Keep an eye out for my car please and take some pics if you see a red head with a dark grey dress

Originally Posted by Purie
Yup I just got an email from my MA and he said my car will get there late Wednesday night and be ready for pick up Thursday morning. Can't wait, but I've started to get paranoid and fearing that maybe it'll have a white top instead of body color and stuff like that lol.

Old 12-06-2011, 08:38 PM
Purie
3rd Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Phx JCW
Keep an eye out for my car please and take some pics if you see a red head with a dark grey dress
Will do, will it look like your sign?

Old 12-06-2011, 08:51 PM
Phx JCW
4th Gear
It will, except the stripes...I took them off at the last minute so I could get some custom ones done just they way I want them. That is one of the things I am wondering if they caught.
So it should be Eclipse Grey body, Chili Red Roof (no sunroof) and mirrors, with black wheels, with the sport cloth seats, with painted dash/door ring in chili with every option beyond that except winter package.
Thanks in advance Purie

Old 12-06-2011, 08:55 PM
SFBayLaser
Neutral
What? No winter package? Isn't Scottsdale up in the mountains?

Old 12-06-2011, 09:08 PM
Phx JCW
4th Gear
Even though they call it "north Scottsdale" Its not in the mountains. It doesn't really get that cold here in the winter, but the summers suit the cloth sets much better then the leatherette or full leather (iMO) Besides, I really liked the look and feel of the sport cloth seats.
Originally Posted by SFBayLaser
What? No winter package? Isn't Scottsdale up in the mountains?

Last edited by Phx JCW; 12-06-2011 at 09:16 PM. Reason: Added-IMO
Old 12-07-2011, 12:38 AM
chaswyck
5th Gear
Picked up my spiciest orange MINI today (Tuesday evening)! I LOVE the color - VERY cool! I was on the Torrens. It's beautiful and I got to drive it about 40 miles home from the dealer and the check engine light DIDN'T come on! LOL I chose purple interior lighting for the trip. Stripe appointment on Saturday, window and headlight/ tail light trim wrapping on Saturday too, tint set up for Sunday. Already put in my rubber boot liner for the good folks at Outmotoring and the Alta stubby antenna. Everything's coming together. After almost three months it's hard to believe it's sitting in my garage! By the way, I got a very pleasant surprise and found out there is a $500 rebate (on top of the $750 Motor-tober money and the discount from the dealer)! Not sure what models it applies to, but mine is an MCS. I think it's for cars delivered in December so be sure to ask for it. I also got a nice little bag of goodies from my MA - cool beach bag with the dealership name and MINI logo on it, inside the bag was a black aluminum MINI water bottle, two MINI logo key chains, a MINI stuffed bulldog and a very cool black with red trim hat with the MINI logo on the front (very environmentally friendly hat, it's made entirely of recycled plastic bottles but feels just like quality cotton).

Old 12-07-2011, 02:40 AM
danigurrl
4th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by chaswyck
Picked up my spiciest orange MINI today (Tuesday evening)! I LOVE the color - VERY cool! I was on the Torrens. It's beautiful and I got to drive it about 40 miles home from the dealer and the check engine light DIDN'T come on! LOL I chose purple interior lighting for the trip. Stripe appointment on Saturday, window and headlight/ tail light trim wrapping on Saturday too, tint set up for Sunday. Already put in my rubber boot liner for the good folks at Outmotoring and the Alta stubby antenna. Everything's coming together. After almost three months it's hard to believe it's sitting in my garage! By the way, I got a very pleasant surprise and found out there is a $500 rebate (on top of the $750 Motor-tober money and the discount from the dealer)! Not sure what models it applies to, but mine is an MCS. I think it's for cars delivered in December so be sure to ask for it. I also got a nice little bag of goodies from my MA - cool beach bag with the dealership name and MINI logo on it, inside the bag was a black aluminum MINI water bottle, two MINI logo key chains, a MINI stuffed bulldog and a very cool black with red trim hat with the MINI logo on the front (very environmentally friendly hat, it's made entirely of recycled plastic bottles but feels just like quality cotton).
Good to know! I'm getting the $750 off for motor-tober, and another discount from the dealer themselves, I wonder if they'll honor the $500 off too?

Old 12-07-2011, 04:40 AM
DooBahDoo
6th Gear
Anyone else back in the production phase? According to the automated system I'm in the paint shop today with estimated completion 12/12 (Monday).

Old 12-07-2011, 05:33 AM
Hampsonna
2nd Gear
When I saw your post all I could think about was Jack Sparrow from the Black Pearl sailing the ocean....very cool name, Jack.

Old 12-07-2011, 08:05 AM
Phx JCW
4th Gear
That is awesome Chaswyck!! What dealer?
Pics! Pics! Pics!.....and maybe some pics would be nice

Originally Posted by chaswyck

Old 12-07-2011, 08:45 AM
R56JCW
2nd Gear
Additional rebate?!

Old 12-07-2011, 08:51 AM
Hampsonna
2nd Gear
I need a rebate.....how do I get one?

Old 12-07-2011, 08:58 AM
danigurrl
4th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yeah...do you have to do anything to get this rebate...or just say "GIMME THE REBATE?!" I'm just worried that I already got an additional dealership discount so they won't honor another $500 off. But maybe if it's a corporate thing like "motor-tober", they will.

I found a another thread about this on here and spammed that one too. I could just email my MA and do things the easy way...but what fun is that?!

Last edited by danigurrl; 12-07-2011 at 09:10 AM.
Old 12-07-2011, 10:47 AM
Lplover120
1st Gear
My MA call my car was just drop off I will Pikcing up Carmina at 3 o'oclok.

I am soo excitedd.

Old 12-07-2011, 11:24 AM
R56JCW
2nd Gear
Does anyone have any info on the $500 rebate chaswyck mentioned? I've been trying to find info on it online all morning...

Old 12-07-2011, 11:26 AM
Phx JCW
4th Gear
I am trying to find out as well. I just emailed my MA, he is usually pretty good about getting back to me fairly quickly.

Old 12-07-2011, 11:35 AM
SCMountaineer
4th Gear
MINI has us over a barrel--by the time our cars arrive we're so glad to have them we almost gladly pay full MSRP, I wish I had tried to negotiate when I ordered mine. As it is, I got it for $250 less than MSRP, the absolute worst "deal" ever! (Though the MINI interest rate soften that blow) I ordered my car on October 2, but didn't get the Motortober discount (I probably would have pressed on that one, but a funeral kept me from actually attending the test drive event). And while I technically took delivery on 12-2, I signed all the paperwork on 11-30. If I should have gotten 500 bucks off, I am gonna be one unhappy motorer.

Old 12-07-2011, 11:42 AM
R56JCW
2nd Gear
Phx JCW - did you get the Motor-tober $750 from Crevier? I was planning on reworking my schedule to attend that day, BUT called my MA and he told me it did not apply to pre-ordered cars (I ordered in early September).

As a result, I didn't go, but have heard from this board that many people (at different dealers) pre-ordered, but attended Motor-tober and actually still got the $750. I was a bit upset about this, but decided not to cry over spilled milk.

At the same time, I'd like to know if I have a leg to stand on in terms of this new rebate...

Old 12-07-2011, 11:43 AM
Phx JCW
4th Gear
Don't feel to bad, there are plenty of people that paid MSRP or over.
In the grand scheme of things it's not a whole lot of money, I think its more the "feeling" of getting a good deal. Having said that, I would still like my $500 rebate. It would help pay for the 20+ mods I have ready for her.
Who knows if you did miss it maybe go back to them and see if they will give you a credit for some mini accessories. You never know until you ask.

Originally Posted by SCMountaineer
MINI has us over a barrel--by the time our cars arrive we're so glad to have them we almost gladly pay full MSRP, I wish I had tried to negotiate when I ordered mine. As it is, I got it for $250 less than MSRP, the absolute worst "deal" ever! (Though the MINI interest rate soften that blow) I ordered my car on October 2, but didn't get the Motortober discount (I probably would have pressed on that one, but a funeral kept me from actually attending the test drive event). And while I technically took delivery on 12-2, I signed all the paperwork on 11-30. If I should have gotten 500 bucks off, I am gonna be one unhappy motorer.

Old 12-07-2011, 11:48 AM
SCMountaineer
4th Gear
you're exactly right...I think my car is worth every penny that I paid for it, but I like that feeling of having gotten the deal! And I most likely WOULD have spent it on accessories, or checked another box or two on my build.

Old 12-07-2011, 11:49 AM
Phx JCW
4th Gear
I did not. I didn't really consider it because Im in Phoenix and it really wouldn't have been worth it for me at that time. I did get the notice, but I don't know if they would have applied it to my pre order or not. I would have assumed that they would have being that I did get the offer.??
I will keep you updated on the $500 rebate though.

Originally Posted by R56JCW
Phx JCW - did you get the Motor-tober $750 from Crevier? I was planning on reworking my schedule to attend that day, BUT called my MA and he told me it did not apply to pre-ordered cars (I ordered in early September).

As a result, I didn't go, but have heard from this board that many people (at different dealers) pre-ordered, but attended Motor-tober and actually still got the $750. I was a bit upset about this, but decided not to cry over spilled milk.

At the same time, I'd like to know if I have a leg to stand on in terms of this new rebate...

Old 12-07-2011, 12:06 PM
Phx JCW
4th Gear
Where is Chaswyck ??

I know he is out there enjoying his car....how could he?

Doesn't he understand some of us don't have their cars yet

Good thing I am my own Boss or I would be fired for sure for spending way to much time on this thread

Old 12-07-2011, 12:27 PM
chaswyck
5th Gear
LOL Here I am. I have to tell you that the $500 rebate caught me by surprise too. One of the finance guys at Irvine MINI had mentioned it to me on the phone on Monday and I tried to find it online too and I couldn't. Last night when a different finance guy was doing all the paper work he deducted it from the total. So, it couldn't have been a mistake on the part of the first guy. You should definitely ask about it. In answer to someone elses question, I got it on top of the $750 Motor-tober and also on top of the discount I had negotiated with the dealer. And to top it all off the interest is lower for December than when I ordered it too! My total discounts amounted to a little over 7% of the MSRP. Now bad at all! The ride to work today was more fun than it has ever been! Still smiling and I've been here for about five hours now. Have I mentioned how much I love Spice Orange? Hang in there you guys. It's definitely worth the wait. My wife and I are going to our first MINI events the weekend of the 17th and 18th - a breakfast get together/meet N greet on Saturday and a charity food drive on Sunday both sponsored by SCMM (Southern California MINIManiacs). This weekend will be spent doing mods and stuff.

Quick Reply: "Those Waiting for a 2012" Support Group