1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"Those Waiting for a 2012" Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2011, 07:20 PM
Phx JCW
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Chaswyck, I am a little disappointed in you though.....I would have never thought I would post pictures of my car before you

The funny thing was, I wanted to make sure everything on the car was as ordered. So I called my MA to double check, when he was walking out to the car we were talking and he stopped mid sentence, and I said "whats wrong?" and their was a slight pause and then he said "Oh, I thought they put a white roof on your car"...I was ready to freakout

I'm not religious about going to the Barrett Jackson, but more times then not I go. Just let me know (seriously), I owe you.

NOW WOULD YOU JUST POST SOME PICS ALREADY!

Originally Posted by chaswyck
Congratulations! I love that dark grey with the red roof/mirrors. Very cool! Your wheels are cool too. When I first opened the saw the picture I thought you had a white hood! I was thinking, well, that's different! LOL Gonna be posting some "before" pics of mine in a few minutes (before any mods and there already are some!) If I've ever in Scottsdale, I'll take you up on that drink! Have you ever gone to the Barrett Jackson auction?

Old 12-08-2011, 07:42 PM
chaswyck
5th Gear
Here's Habanero. Like the pepper, he's orange and he's HOT! This is just how he came from the dealer. The appearance modding had begun. Already done: JCW grill trim, Alta stubby antenna, Run flats are OFF replaced with 215/45/R17 Conti Extreme Contact DWS, "Objects in mirror are losing" mirror decal. . Racing stripes, headlight & tail light trim wrapping Saturday, tinting Sunday. This is fun!

Attached Thumbnails "Those Waiting for a 2012" Support Group-habanero-sun-front.jpg   "Those Waiting for a 2012" Support Group-habanero-interior-2-800x533-.jpg   "Those Waiting for a 2012" Support Group-habanero-rear-sun-2.jpg  

Last edited by chaswyck; 12-08-2011 at 08:12 PM.
Old 12-08-2011, 08:11 PM
chaswyck
5th Gear
Originally Posted by Phx JCW
Chaswyck, I am a little disappointed in you though.....I would have never thought I would post pictures of my car before you

The funny thing was, I wanted to make sure everything on the car was as ordered. So I called my MA to double check, when he was walking out to the car we were talking and he stopped mid sentence, and I said "whats wrong?" and their was a slight pause and then he said "Oh, I thought they put a white roof on your car"...I was ready to freakout

I'm not religious about going to the Barrett Jackson, but more times then not I go. Just let me know (seriously), I owe you.

NOW WOULD YOU JUST POST SOME PICS ALREADY!
Ok, OK, pics posted! The long wait was due to two factors: 1) I am technologically challenged when it comes to pictures and 2) I was busy today - look at my posting about everything I got done on Habanero today! I know, now you'll be bugging me about pictures of the mods. I got better with pics today, so I'll post some tomorrow. The big change takes place over the weekend with stripes and tint, but I'm having a little trouble making the arrangements with the guy doing my stripes. BTW, Habanero is SO much better with the non-RF's. I can actually ignore some of the small cracks in the roads that were causing my filling to fall out. Much quieter too. The HK sounds a lot better now. I also ordered the visor today for the passenger side. That side visor is one of my favorite things about the car!

I've always wanted to go to Barrett Jackson in Scottsdale but my wife has no interest so we've never gone. I especially like day one when they sell the cars I can actually afford. LOL

Old 12-08-2011, 08:22 PM
chaswyck
5th Gear
For everyone getting excited about the $500 December rebate, I think it excludes the CM and the coupe. :(

Old 12-08-2011, 08:26 PM
Phx JCW
4th Gear
"Habanero" I like that name. It's looking good, that's going to look really good with the stripes too.

Do the 215's fill out the wheelwell anymore than stock?
What passenger side visor are you talking about?

Just tell her your going to get a drink your owed and tell her you'll be back in 13 hours or so

Ok, OK, pics posted! The long wait was due to two factors: 1) I am technologically challenged when it comes to pictures and 2) I was busy today - look at my posting about everything I got done on Habanero today! I know, now you'll be bugging me about pictures of the mods. I got better with pics today, so I'll post some tomorrow. The big change takes place over the weekend with stripes and tint, but I'm having a little trouble making the arrangements with the guy doing my stripes. BTW, Habanero is SO much better with the non-RF's. I can actually ignore some of the small cracks in the roads that were causing my filling to fall out. Much quieter too. The HK sounds a lot better now. I also ordered the visor today for the passenger side. That side visor is one of my favorite things about the car!

I've always wanted to go to Barrett Jackson in Scottsdale but my wife has no interest so we've never gone. I especially like day one when they sell the cars I can actually afford. LOL

Old 12-08-2011, 09:21 PM
chaswyck
5th Gear
"Habanero" I like that name. It's looking good, that's going to look really good with the stripes too.

Do the 215's fill out the wheelwell anymore than stock?
What passenger side visor are you talking about?

Just tell her your going to get a drink your owed and tell her you'll be back in 13 hours or so
Yes, the 215/45's do fill out the wheel well a little better. The stock tires were 205/45 so the extra width of the 215's translates to a little more height since they're both the same percentage of the width. I think the stripes and the tint will make a big difference as will the partial blackout (I'm leaving the beltline chrome and the scuttle as is, but I'm debating about black covers for the door handles because of the brushed metal in the wheels). I think it needs some chrome to tie in the wheels. Can't wait to yours with the vinyl removed. Do you know when it's supposed to be there? Why didn't you order from your Scottsdale dealer? Better deal?

Our cars have a nifty side driver's window visor but the passenger side has a grab handle. There is already a cutout on the headliner that fits the visor and the screw holes for the visor exactly match the holes for the grab handle. The visor is symmetrical so there is only one part number that fits both sides and it comes in both the standard and the anthracite headliner covers. It's an easy mod and one that replaces something useless for something very useful. I'm telling you, you're gonna love that visor. Rear wiper delete and side marker tinting tomorrow. By the weekend, hopefully I'll have all the appearance mods done if I can get the stripe guy to get his act together.

Old 12-08-2011, 10:13 PM
Phx JCW
4th Gear
Thats good to hear, I have the same tire size on my OZ's. I wonder what they will look like with the 5mm spacers ...man my car can't get here fast enough.
I know some don't like the stripes, but I think it just brings a whole new feel to the car. It will be odd to see my car without the stripes at first because I have always pictured her with them.

I told the dealer to leave all the protective film on the car for the trip to me. I am getting it detailed anyway so i figured it would give it a little more protection for the haul across the desert.
Crevier overnighted the paperwork to me today, so I should have it tomorrow and then I have to send it back to them for Saturday delivery . Unbelievably inefficient but I couldn't get around it, although I did look into same day delivery on the paperwork but it didn't save me that much time and it would have cost $240 one way
So a long answer short, if all goes as planned she will be picked up Saturday from Crevier and delivered to a shop in Tempe on Sunday.
I am probably going to keep the protective film on there until after I drop her off at the detailer. The 1st shop is going to be doing all the mechanical installs, so unless he works on Sunday I will probably pick it up from him on tuesday morning (he said he only needs one full day?? I will believe it when I see it) then off to full detail/clear bra/tint/stripes/ and some blackout. I hope to get it from the 2nd shop Thursday or Friday all pretty and clean.

North Scottsdale Mini laughed at me when i told them I wasn't going to pay retail...so it was a very quick conversation . Crevier has been great to deal with, no complaints at all and yes a much better deal.

I will have to look into that passenger visor mod, although my passengers may want a handle
I see a lot of people do the rear wiper delete, is it in the way? or just unsightly? I must not have paid attention to it, God knows I don't need one here in PHX.

I look forward to seeing your stripes...please don't make me remind you to post them What pattern are you going with anyway??

Yes, the 215/45's do fill out the wheel well a little better. The stock tires were 205/45 so the extra width of the 215's translates to a little more height since they're both the same percentage of the width. I think the stripes and the tint will make a big difference as will the partial blackout (I'm leaving the beltline chrome and the scuttle as is, but I'm debating about black covers for the door handles because of the brushed metal in the wheels). I think it needs some chrome to tie in the wheels. Can't wait to yours with the vinyl removed. Do you know when it's supposed to be there? Why didn't you order from your Scottsdale dealer? Better deal?

Our cars have a nifty side driver's window visor but the passenger side has a grab handle. There is already a cutout on the headliner that fits the visor and the screw holes for the visor exactly match the holes for the grab handle. The visor is symmetrical so there is only one part number that fits both sides and it comes in both the standard and the anthracite headliner covers. It's an easy mod and one that replaces something useless for something very useful. I'm telling you, you're gonna love that visor. Rear wiper delete and side marker tinting tomorrow. By the weekend, hopefully I'll have all the appearance mods done if I can get the stripe guy to get his act together.

Old 12-08-2011, 10:39 PM
SCMountaineer
4th Gear
Chas...really nice looking car! Love that interior. And am envious of those wheels.

Old 12-08-2011, 10:41 PM
chaswyck
5th Gear
I'm deleting the rear wiper just because I think it looks a lot cleaner without it. We don't get much rain in SoCal either, but I think it's really for snow (whatever that is!) so if it starts sticking to the rear window you can use the wiper so you can see. It's not a big issue with rain. Outmotoring in their description of the delete package calls it "two pounds of pure ugly". I'm not using that delete package though because it costs about $20 and someone posted how he did it for $2 with stuff he bought at Lowes and tghat bought him enough to do TWO deletes! LOL I think his cheapo method looks a lot cleaner than the $20 stuff. Here's a picture of what I want to do with the stripes (in black or maybe matte black). I'm only doing the boot and bonnet, not the roof.

Attached Thumbnails "Those Waiting for a 2012" Support Group-cooper-stripes.jpg  
Old 12-09-2011, 03:18 AM
meindc
2nd Gear
Here is another data point for those of us waiting. OL says that my car is "at distribution center" and ASK MINI says that it is "waiting at the port for a shipping vessel"!

My MA says it will be at the dealership on Monday!

Old 12-09-2011, 04:28 AM
danigurrl
4th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ASK MINI and the OL isn't very accurate. But it's a good guildline. My MA emailed me with all the updates on my car.

Old 12-09-2011, 05:04 AM
Purie
3rd Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Woot got my car today (err. I mean yesterday), really really loving it, came out perfect. Hadn't had much time though, had to go straight to school then straight to work and I just now got home. I at least to the long way home .

For everyone getting excited about the $500 December rebate, I think it excludes the CM and the coupe. :(
I asked my MA and he said it applies to people who use Mini financing. I brought my own so it was a no go for me.

Oh wait, I just saw below that you got it Phx JCW, even though you didn't finance with them either. Hm.... I may need to dig a little deeper.

Chaswyck your the man of the hour!

I too got the $500 rebate even though I am not financing. Chaswyck, if your ever in the Scottsdale area let me know and I will treat you to a drink.

For the rest of you. Make sure you ask for it, because i don't think I would have gotten it otherwise.

Here are the 1st official pics of MAKO....SHE'S ALIVE

Sweet you got pics, I asked about and I got the "I have no clue" response. So I poked my head around the place looking for a red roof and didn't see a single one (but know I see why I didn't see any red roofs :P).

Gratz everyone, this car is really impressing me. Time to change my sig :D.

Old 12-09-2011, 05:57 AM
Hampsonna
2nd Gear
Your car looks amazing! Great color combination and I love the mirrors. I would have never thought to do that. I should pick my baby up today or tomorrow, maybe. I'm hopeful at least. I'll be negotiating on the deal aspect because I ordered my car in October but didn't notice the -500.00 rebate. Thanks for the heads up :-)

Old 12-09-2011, 06:51 AM
R56JCW
2nd Gear
@Purie--congrats on your new car! Crevier didn't give you the rebate?!

Old 12-09-2011, 07:02 AM
Purie
3rd Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by R56JCW
@Purie--congrats on your new car! Crevier didn't give you the rebate?!
Thanks, gonna try and get some pics tomorrow. Nope, I'm going to follow up on it though.

Old 12-09-2011, 07:02 AM
meindc
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by danigurrl
ASK MINI and the OL isn't very accurate. But it's a good guildline. My MA emailed me with all the updates on my car.
ASK MINI went from "waiting for a shipping vessel" to "on board a ship" back to "waiting for a shipping vessel".

WW doesn't show it coming off the ship yet either even though Figaro has left Baltimore.

Oh well, it has been entertaining to try to figure out where the car is during the wait.

Old 12-09-2011, 08:43 AM
rdez79
2nd Gear
What is the hardest part of the Wait? I feel like it is the "Scheduled for production" to the "Production Started" it is very stagnet with fuzzy time lines. Other stages seem to have non fuzzy time lines.

also even though I know there will be no change I still feel like checking often.

an aside: I think its ironic that the OL runs flash, and the Mini is Iphone exclusive

Old 12-09-2011, 08:51 AM
Hampsonna
2nd Gear
Honestly the entire process of waiting, tracking and watching does my head in. The "scheduled for production" part was hard because I didn't know where I was in the process; how far down the list was my car and where were they. Then when it was on the boat I kept having visions of my car falling in "the drink" as my father would say and never being seen again. My car is here, on land and I still don't know where it is....on the truck, at the dealer...at a truck stop viewing unspeakable acts so it's traumatized by the time I get it..who knows. Then again, I'm a bit dramatic so there you go :-) Hang in there, everyone tells me it's totally worth the wait and I believe them.

Old 12-09-2011, 08:53 AM
Phx JCW
4th Gear
Thanks for checking for my car, the white roof threw off my MA as well
I would revisit the $500 rebate....there is no reason you shouldn't get as well.
Let me know if you need any help.
Post pics when you can...glad you got and are loving it.

Originally Posted by Purie
Sweet you got pics, I asked about and I got the "I have no clue" response. So I poked my head around the place looking for a red roof and didn't see a single one (but know I see why I didn't see any red roofs :P).

Gratz everyone, this car is really impressing me. Time to change my sig :D.

Old 12-09-2011, 09:05 AM
Phx JCW
4th Gear
That is going to look awesome I am doing a pair of 5" satin black stripes from the lowerest part of the front bumper to the lowest part of the rear.
I am going to look into the DIY wiper delete. I like the idea that it is one less place for water and dirt to gather after a wash.
Thanks...I hope you get your stripes installed this weekend...I think it changes the look of the car completely...in a very good way. Especially going all the way down the bumper oh yeah, don't forget pictures

I'm deleting the rear wiper just because I think it looks a lot cleaner without it. We don't get much rain in SoCal either, but I think it's really for snow (whatever that is!) so if it starts sticking to the rear window you can use the wiper so you can see. It's not a big issue with rain. Outmotoring in their description of the delete package calls it "two pounds of pure ugly". I'm not using that delete package though because it costs about $20 and someone posted how he did it for $2 with stuff he bought at Lowes and tghat bought him enough to do TWO deletes! LOL I think his cheapo method looks a lot cleaner than the $20 stuff. Here's a picture of what I want to do with the stripes (in black or maybe matte black). I'm only doing the boot and bonnet, not the roof.

Old 12-09-2011, 09:09 AM
Phx JCW
4th Gear
Hardest part for me was once it docked there was a state of limbo. And no one knows anything?? It like its so close yet so far, like when your on a very long road trip when you want to get home and the last 50 miles seems longer then the previous 1000 miles.

Originally Posted by rdez79
What is the hardest part of the Wait? I feel like it is the "Scheduled for production" to the "Production Started" it is very stagnet with fuzzy time lines. Other stages seem to have non fuzzy time lines.

also even though I know there will be no change I still feel like checking often.

an aside: I think its ironic that the OL runs flash, and the Mini is Iphone exclusive

Old 12-09-2011, 09:36 AM
riveratsx4
1st Gear
I know it has only been a couple days but I have to say this is my first Mini and I love her!!!! And mine will be unique which I like. I just had Fiona's windows tinited yesterday and I am thinking about the clear bra. Does anyone have firsthand experience that it really works? It is expensive so I don't want to waste my money if it is not worth it.

Old 12-09-2011, 10:15 AM
meindc
2nd Gear
Hampsonna -

I had visions of the ship docking in Baltimore and then leaving with my car still on it.

Old 12-09-2011, 10:23 AM
tbestpitch1
2nd Gear
I'm thinking of getting the clear bra also, so any feedback would be great.

Old 12-09-2011, 10:34 AM
tbestpitch1
2nd Gear
Waiting for this cruise

Just checked OL and my CR/W MCS is waiting for his cruise across the pond. I hope he gets a suite with a balcony.

Quick Reply: "Those Waiting for a 2012" Support Group