1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"Those Waiting for a 2012" Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2012, 06:47 PM
SpicyMaguro
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If you know the date when it's expected to dock, start checking the tracking site about a day or so before and it should pop up.

Old 01-26-2012, 06:53 PM
Kosmo
1st Gear
Originally Posted by Tank251
Hi fellow Coloradoian (Is this a word) Just got mine in December. Welcome. Also, check out the license plates from Craig Hospital

https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...al-plates.html.

They well go great with your MINI
I think its "Coloradoan" but I could be wrong...Ill take a look at those plates when it finally comes time...though Ill probaly spend the money Id spend on special plates on something else like the craven speed front plate mount...

cheers!

Old 01-26-2012, 07:16 PM
grips03
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by b13mini
grips03 and MINIFUN07, I see Turandot docked at the port in NY/NJ!!!!! woooohoo! After today, I too will be in NY for the weekend so will have to remember to check in for updates!

Cars has been discharged (no longer on the boat). Getting very close.

Old 01-26-2012, 11:47 PM
chloe4ever
1st Gear
Originally Posted by b13mini
Maria, hurrah!! And hello to a fellow Turandot traveler! It's all very exciting!
Count me in! I am waiting for a MCC in hot chocolate that was on the Turandot!! So excited!! My first mini!! I am taking a stick-shift driving course tomorrow! Need to be able to drive it when I pick it up!!

Live in Westchester, NY. Hello to any fellow New Yorkers!

We, bf and myself, are actually getting two minis! The clubman is going to be his. We initially were just going to get the clubman, then we saw the lease deal and decided to get another one!

Mine is "scheduled to be produced" and is a justa mini in Spice Orange! LOVE the color!!! My boyfriend wanted hot chocolate so we went for that color on the first one, but when we decided to go for another one, I knew that it had be Spice Orange! Now I just need to name it!

Two minis!!! SO excited!

Last edited by chloe4ever; 01-26-2012 at 11:55 PM.
Old 01-27-2012, 05:54 AM
Kosmo
1st Gear
Originally Posted by Tank251
Hi fellow Coloradoian (Is this a word) Just got mine in December. Welcome. Also, check out the license plates from Craig Hospital

They well go great with your MINI
I think it's "Coloradoan" but I could be wrong...I'll check out those plates when it gets closer to delivery...(hurry up already!)

Cheers!

Old 01-27-2012, 07:29 AM
6speedDriver
1st Gear
Congratulations on your first MINI! My first one came in on the Turandot yesterday, too! They must be buddies! Can't wait to drive stick again!

Originally Posted by chloe4ever
Count me in! I am waiting for a MCC in hot chocolate that was on the Turandot!! So excited!! My first mini!! I am taking a stick-shift driving course tomorrow! Need to be able to drive it when I pick it up!!

We, bf and myself, are actually getting two minis! The clubman is going to be his. We initially were just going to get the clubman, then we saw the lease deal and decided to get another one!

Mine is "scheduled to be produced" and is a justa mini in Spice Orange! LOVE the color!!! My boyfriend wanted hot chocolate so we went for that color on the first one, but when we decided to go for another one, I knew that it had be Spice Orange! Now I just need to name it!

Two minis!!! SO excited!

Old 01-27-2012, 07:57 AM
SpicyMaguro
4th Gear
Originally Posted by chloe4ever

Two minis!!! SO excited!
Good choice on the Spice Orange and welcome to the exclusive (but welcoming!) SO owner's club . The Chili Red folks may say it's the faster color, but I think we can give them a run for their money...literally

Old 01-27-2012, 11:40 AM
grips03
2nd Gear
I was told today I could get another $500 off if I pickup car by Tuesday. Bank check should be here on Monday, so hopefully it all works out.

Old 01-27-2012, 12:19 PM
6speedDriver
1st Gear
What's the $500 for? Is it for a purchase or lease? On a specific MINI model?

Originally Posted by grips03
I was told today I could get another $500 off if I pickup car by Tuesday. Bank check should be here on Monday, so hopefully it all works out.

Old 01-27-2012, 12:26 PM
6speedDriver
1st Gear
Just want to let everyone know that my MINI that traveled the high seas on the Turandot and docked in NJ/NY yesterday morning (1/26) has just arrived at my MINI dealer in Allentown! My MA just called me -- it's still on the truck!!! Good luck for all of you on the Turandot -- any second now you'll be motoring in your new MINI!

Old 01-27-2012, 12:38 PM
grips03
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by 6speedDriver
Just want to let everyone know that my MINI that traveled the high seas on the Turandot and docked in NJ/NY yesterday morning (1/26) has just arrived at my MINI dealer in Allentown! My MA just called me -- it's still on the truck!!! Good luck for all of you on the Turandot -- any second now you'll be motoring in your new MINI!

I think the finance guy called and asked if I want to finance. I said no as I have the money saved up for the car, and he said if I get by Tuesday they can take another $500 off. I said ok, cool. That was it. I hope it works out that way, cause that would be great. Just added insurance to the VIN, so I'm getting very close now.

Old 01-27-2012, 12:48 PM
Tank251
4th Gear
Originally Posted by Kosmo
I think it's "Coloradoan" but I could be wrong...I'll check out those plates when it gets closer to delivery...(hurry up already!)

Cheers!
Thanks. I knew I was spelling it wrong. Check out the club MINI5280.org too. Hope your MINI gets here quickly.

Old 01-27-2012, 05:03 PM
Kosmo
1st Gear
Just heard from my MA that mine is going into production as of yesterday

Old 01-27-2012, 06:10 PM
cricketine
3rd Gear
congrats!!!
Originally Posted by Kosmo
Just heard from my MA that mine is going into production as of yesterday

Old 01-28-2012, 12:41 AM
Doug Fowley
2nd Gear
Maude arrived two days ago. I got to see her for the first time this afternoon after she came out of the detail shop. Prettier than I imagined. A few things to be done so I will pick her up on Monday. I started her up, honked the horn and flashed the lights. So cool. I will get some photos of her soon as I can. stayed tuned, film at eleven.

Old 01-28-2012, 01:23 PM
grips03
2nd Gear
car is at dealer, drove by and couldn't find it and the MA was out on a test drive - assume my car was in the shop getting prepped. Going to pickup Monday afternoon. b13mini - your car in too?

Last edited by grips03; 01-28-2012 at 01:32 PM.
Old 01-28-2012, 03:18 PM
hman2853
Neutral
Anyone have any manual driving tips?

I have a motorcycle, so I understand shifting, gears, rpms, all that. My friend let me practice with his mini for about 15 minutes today, and I wasn't that bad, but need some tips. He wasn't very good at instructing.

My problem is that I ride the clutch, i.e. slipping it rather than letting it out fully. Whenever I let it out fully, the car would usually jerk. Am I not going fast enough to be fully in first gear?

Everything else is fine. I just suck at starting from a stop.
Thanks

Old 01-28-2012, 03:30 PM
Doug Fowley
2nd Gear
hman, keep practicing and you will get better. be patience, try school parking lots after school is out. When you feel comfortable, work on areas with some slight inclines. Have fun and enjoy your new baby. cheers Doug

Old 01-28-2012, 05:49 PM
SpicyMaguro
4th Gear
I ride bikes too. When I learned riding and using a manual transmission of a car, I was taught to focus on letting out the clutch gradually to see where the gear would engage and keep practicing when I found that spot.

Agree with Doug about practicing in a parking lot and having patience. I taught both my kids on stick and advised them to start from a stopped position, just let the clutch out gradually to get going without any gas at all until I was coasting in first. Then, clutch in and stop, and repeat. Once they were comfortable getting going with just engaging the clutch, we added the gas pedal.

It's like a motorcycle in that: once you get the clutch engaging the gear and knowing where that spot is, it get's easier.

Good luck!!

Old 01-28-2012, 07:38 PM
chloe4ever
1st Gear
Originally Posted by 6speedDriver
Congratulations on your first MINI! My first one came in on the Turandot yesterday, too! They must be buddies! Can't wait to drive stick again!
Thanks! Still waiting to hear from my MA. And I'm sure they are buddies

Old 01-28-2012, 07:40 PM
chloe4ever
1st Gear
Originally Posted by SpicyMaguro
Good choice on the Spice Orange and welcome to the exclusive (but welcoming!) SO owner's club . The Chili Red folks may say it's the faster color, but I think we can give them a run for their money...literally
Thanks!! Can you send me a link to the thread to join the SO owner's club? And Spice Orange is the best color!

Old 01-28-2012, 08:28 PM
hman2853
Neutral
Doug and Spicy, thanks for the advice. Hopefully I'll get some more practice in the next few days.

Tristan should be docking in Baltimore with my MCS tomorrow. Obviously I can't wait

Old 01-28-2012, 08:39 PM
SpicyMaguro
4th Gear
Originally Posted by hman2853
Doug and Spicy, thanks for the advice. Hopefully I'll get some more practice in the next few days.

Tristan should be docking in Baltimore with my MCS tomorrow. Obviously I can't wait
Enjoy it! Remember: an empty parking lot is your friend!

Old 01-29-2012, 04:49 AM
jurni
3rd Gear
Hey there folks!

We are psyched!! We firmed up our deal for the R60 and will be picking it up in a day or two! We got very luck and found one with most of the options we were looking for. Also ended up getting a cheaper MINI since we really didn't need to Premium and Sport packages.

We ended up getting a Surf Blue S All4 xenon's, auto headlamps, HK radio, bluetooth, bench seat, and CWP. I'm happy to be back to MINI, as the main reason I sold my MCS was to get AWD.

I'll have to replace the Thule rack that I had on my Passat as racks are totally different and I don't think my Atlantis 1200 will fit the Countryman, but that's just water under the bridge.

I'll wait patiently for the performance mods to come out!

Old 01-29-2012, 02:56 PM
jonrizzle
2nd Gear
?

So I used the WWL tracking site and when I entered the VIN number it says that my car is booked on the Aphrodite leader and the ETA is 14/02/12. The status of the cargo is loaded and booked. But when I click on the voyage number it says that voyage does not exist. And when I try to search by vessel it says the Aphrodite Leader doesn't exist either. Is the ship still at port then? Is it a ghost ship? Is anyone else here booked on the same vessel?

Quick Reply: "Those Waiting for a 2012" Support Group