1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"Those Waiting for a 2012" Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2012, 10:08 AM
NotPortlyNJ
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vickie is through production and awaiting shipment!

Old 03-05-2012, 11:51 AM
Saleen326
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by dachshund
Oh, let's see it again! That's lovely. I love the green. Congratulations!

Do we know where Tortugas might be wandering about today?
My guess is somewhere in the Atlantic. I wish we were able to track it all the way to Panama. We should be able to track it once it gets closer though, probably the 11th, maybe, since it's suppose to get to the port on the 12th. I'll post something up as soon as it shows back on the radar. The suspense is really starting to get to me though.

Old 03-05-2012, 03:27 PM
Mark Horne
Neutral
Fedora update

For those of you (like me) with your mini riding aboard the Fedora - it is now showing on marinetraffic.com as being off the coast of southern Baja California.

It would appear to be on schedule for Port Hueneme this Wednesday. . .

Old 03-05-2012, 03:33 PM
Little-ton
1st Gear
Fedora's back on the map! Only a couple more days.....

Old 03-05-2012, 03:34 PM
Keysersozeh
4th Gear
Received 23 Likes on 12 Posts
There goes my productivity.

Old 03-05-2012, 05:42 PM
cricketine
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by Little-ton
Fedora's back on the map! Only a couple more days.....
Yay! I just saw that too!
It better speed up if it's going to make it to Port Hueneme.....

Old 03-05-2012, 05:59 PM
froto13
2nd Gear
I, like some of you, am awaiting transport hoping to get on the California highway k-line. Here's to hoping!

Old 03-05-2012, 06:17 PM
ljmattox
5th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
When can you tell your MINI has made it onto a ship? My MINI has been at port since 2/28, with a couple of WW ships and two K-Lines sailing soon after (the last leaves on Weds 3/7). WW never shows it when I do the cargo / VIN idj search. So do I assume one of the K-Line ships has it aboard? My MA says they can't tell but are sure it must be on its way. Am I missing any other intel sources?

Old 03-06-2012, 04:06 AM
Sprout.brg
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by dachshund
Oh, let's see it again! That's lovely. I love the green. Congratulations!

Do we know where Tortugas might be wandering about today?
Thanks! The picture really doesn't do the color justice. Good luck with yours--it's definitely worth the wait!

Old 03-06-2012, 06:00 AM
Sprout.brg
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by ljmattox
When can you tell your MINI has made it onto a ship? My MINI has been at port since 2/28, with a couple of WW ships and two K-Lines sailing soon after (the last leaves on Weds 3/7). WW never shows it when I do the cargo / VIN idj search. So do I assume one of the K-Line ships has it aboard? My MA says they can't tell but are sure it must be on its way. Am I missing any other intel sources?
Despite what your MA said, he/she is the one to tell you what ship you're on. I did the same thing as you and kept putting my VIN number in on the WW website until I was finally told by my MA that I was on a K-line ship. In some cases, it can take a week or two (or maybe longer) to be assigned a ship (mine took awhile). Hang in there!

Old 03-06-2012, 07:19 AM
hearthand
2nd Gear
Waiting for Glorious Leader to reappear on the map. Should be in Halifax CA today...Here's hoping.

Old 03-06-2012, 08:19 AM
froto13
2nd Gear

Who's your MA? Mine has been helpful... Until lately. I think I've actually bugged him enough that he waits a little while before replying. He could just be really busy, but I do bug him a lot.

Old 03-06-2012, 10:37 AM
cricketine
3rd Gear
Frustration !!!!!

My MA is a complete....ggrrrrrrr...sorry, but that's pretty much what I've gathered. He claims that my car is still sitting on the dock in England and will be here in 3 to 4 weeks....because that is what the Owners Lounge says.

*Sigh*.... it is on the Fedora almost to California.

I just needed to know if I need to sign the papers before they install the dealer options or if they will do that before they call me to pick it up. Also...I needed to know approximately when to put it on our insurance so we can get that squared away. I didn't even get to ask him anything.. he said he was too busy right now and will touch base later this week to find out where the car is. Wha?

This is my first brand spanking new car AND it's a MINI. I really wish he was more helpful with this whole process... he is just too busy to help me out.

I'm zipping him off an email to ask my questions and let him know about this site and how to REALLY track your MINI, maybe he will pass on the information to others who come in to order.

Last edited by cricketine; 03-06-2012 at 11:30 AM.
Old 03-06-2012, 11:34 AM
PatM
6th Gear
Originally Posted by cricketine
My MA is a complete....ggrrrrrrr...sorry, but that's pretty much what I've gathered. He claims that my car is still sitting on the dock in England and will be here in 3 to 4 weeks....because that is what the Owners Lounge says.

*Sigh*.... it is on the Fedora almost to California.

I just needed to know if I need to sign the papers before they install the dealer options or if they will do that before they call me to pick it up. Also...I needed to know approximately when to put it on our insurance so we can get that squared away. I didn't even get to ask him anything.. he said he was too busy right now and will touch base later this week to find out where the car is. Wha?

This is my first brand spanking new car AND it's a MINI. I really wish he was more helpful with this whole process... he is just too busy to help me out.

I'm zipping him off an email to ask my questions and let him know about this site and how to REALLY track your MINI, maybe he will pass on the information to others who come in to order.
You don't need to sign a thing until you take delivery of the vehicle. You do not need to put it on your insurance until you take delivery of it. Your current insurance will cover it. Assuming you have full coverage. You really don't need to do a thing until you go to the dealership to take possession. Then you will have to pony up. If you take delivery on a weekend you might just call you insurance company the day before and give then the VIN etc. If you are financing you will have to have full coverage but really everything can be taken care of upon delivery. Don't sweat it everything is going to be all right.

Your stressing over nothing. Relax and enjoy the time coming up. You will have much fonder memories if you just take a deep breath and be cool and relaxed.

Old 03-06-2012, 11:41 AM
Keysersozeh
4th Gear
Received 23 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by PatM
You don't need to sign a thing until you take delivery of the vehicle. You do not need to put it on your insurance until you take delivery of it. Your current insurance will cover it. Assuming you have full coverage. You really don't need to do a thing until you go to the dealership to take possession. Then you will have to pony up. If you take delivery on a weekend you might just call you insurance company the day before and give then the VIN etc. If you are financing you will have to have full coverage but really everything can be taken care of upon delivery. Don't sweat it everything is going to be all right.

Your stressing over nothing. Relax and enjoy the time coming up. You will have much fonder memories if you just take a deep breath and be cool and relaxed.
Everything said above..

They only thing you need to worry about is getting to the dealership to pick it up. I'd suggest taking a CURRENT proof of insurance for your existing vehicle to the dealership. That will help eliminate any insurance questions or concerns.

Old 03-06-2012, 11:50 AM
cricketine
3rd Gear
Thank you SO much

See, these things I just do not know and was hoping my MA would just give me some info, but he has been MIA since the day I ordered

If it wasn't for you guys I would be out in the dark...green as a new twig. Well, I'm still green but I know a little bit.

I was kinda wondering when he was going to ask me how dark I want the window tint.... I let him know in the email. Hope he reads it!

Old 03-06-2012, 11:56 AM
ljmattox
5th Gear
Originally Posted by froto13
Who's your MA? Mine has been helpful... Until lately. I think I've actually bugged him enough that he waits a little while before replying. He could just be really busy, but I do bug him a lot.
LOL, I've tried to be fairly self-sufficient so I haven't bothered Mark the MA too much; he was able to tell me the build stage (152, 153, etc) and dates when I called him, and has been a lot of fun to work with. But he couldn't answer the "which ship" question, he said. Nor could the ASKMINI rep (who pointed me to my MA).

It's not a huge deal...it would be fun to know what ship, track it, etc. just to pass the time. It'll be here...when it's here, approx April 1.

One thing: the Owner's Lounge "Where's my baby" tracking link includes status entries for every stage: in production, awaiting shipment, en route, at the VDC, and so forth. Yet: ASKMINI just said they don't have info once it has been produced. So, was there a time when the OL could track it all the way, and they stopped? Or, they were anticipating being able to do this, but haven't completed implementing order-to-delivery tracking?

Old 03-06-2012, 12:00 PM
ljmattox
5th Gear
Originally Posted by cricketine
Thank you SO much

See, these things I just do not know and was hoping my MA would just give me some info, but he has been MIA since the day I ordered

If it wasn't for you guys I would be out in the dark...green as a new twig. Well, I'm still green but I know a little bit.

I was kinda wondering when he was going to ask me how dark I want the window tint.... I let him know in the email. Hope he reads it!
"Green as a new twig"...nice! Simile o' the day, filing for future reference

Old 03-06-2012, 12:53 PM
hearthand
2nd Gear
Glorious Leader finally arrived in Halifax!

Old 03-06-2012, 01:19 PM
hearthand
2nd Gear
LOL, I've tried to be fairly self-sufficient so I haven't bothered Mark the MA too much; he was able to tell me the build stage (152, 153, etc) and dates when I called him, and has been a lot of fun to work with. But he couldn't answer the "which ship" question, he said. Nor could the ASKMINI rep (who pointed me to my MA).

It's not a huge deal...it would be fun to know what ship, track it, etc. just to pass the time. It'll be here...when it's here, approx April 1.

One thing: the Owner's Lounge "Where's my baby" tracking link includes status entries for every stage: in production, awaiting shipment, en route, at the VDC, and so forth. Yet: ASKMINI just said they don't have info once it has been produced. So, was there a time when the OL could track it all the way, and they stopped? Or, they were anticipating being able to do this, but haven't completed implementing order-to-delivery tracking?
As far as the tracking goes, There "may be" a plan to make the tracking more real time. But looking back thru all the posts from previous YEARS, I'd say the way this happens has been unchanged since the website's inception. Other Mini owners have also noted that different MA's and advisors at AskMini seem to be better at getting information than others, so there's definitely not a standard for their knowledge or skills.

Old 03-06-2012, 01:23 PM
flanders621
1st Gear
Now the wait begins! Just ordered a new MCS due for production in April, won't see it till June.

Old 03-06-2012, 01:55 PM
ljmattox
5th Gear
So after all the discussion today: at least in my case, the "what boat" info was provided once they put my MINI on a ship, not before.

Got back after lunch, and thought to try the WW site "one more time" before just settling back and waiting a couple of weeks for it to get here (and assuming it wasn't left at Southampton for the next flurry of ships leaving next week).

Loaded my VIN...and voila!

YES!!!!

So my MINI is on board the Tirranna, and I'll get to play "track the ship" etc. for the next few days. Good, I apparently was looking for something to do!

Very cool turn of events!

Old 03-06-2012, 03:59 PM
bruceink
2nd Gear
careful

Just make sure it says "Loaded On Vessel" before you start ship-tracking....some MINIs get bumped and have to wait for another ship. Of course, that won't happen to you........

Old 03-06-2012, 04:14 PM
Saleen326
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by bruceink
Just make sure it says "Loaded On Vessel" before you start ship-tracking....some MINIs get bumped and have to wait for another ship. Of course, that won't happen to you........
This does happen. I was bumped from my first ship and had to wait an extra week to be loaded on another one to make the trip. Hopefully, you will be spared that experience.

Old 03-06-2012, 05:14 PM
Little-ton
1st Gear
Originally Posted by Saleen326
This does happen. I was bumped from my first ship and had to wait an extra week to be loaded on another one to make the trip. Hopefully, you will be spared that experience.
How do you know if you get bumped? My MA said I was on Fedora scheduled to arrive 3/7 at Port Huneme but everytime I enter my VIN in the cargo ID it says no record found... now I'm starting to worry....

Quick Reply: "Those Waiting for a 2012" Support Group