1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"Those Waiting for a 2012" Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2012 | 05:28 PM
Qball1963
2nd Gear
Well I am hooked. After ordering my wife her CR/B Cooper S cabrio in late December and waiting the agonizing 8 weeks for it to arrive, I am going to have to order my own! Next week I will put my order in for a Cosmic Blue Countryman with all the trimmings. Hopefully it's only 8 weeks again. The consolation is that I can drive hers every once in awhile to sooth the savage beast that Mini has created!!!

Old 03-06-2012 | 06:34 PM
hearthand
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Little-ton
How do you know if you get bumped? My MA said I was on Fedora scheduled to arrive 3/7 at Port Huneme but everytime I enter my VIN in the cargo ID it says no record found... now I'm starting to worry....
You usually see a "Returned to Shipper" designation

Old 03-06-2012 | 07:34 PM
dachshund
2nd Gear
Where are the Minis painted? Is it after the boat ride?

Old 03-06-2012 | 07:48 PM
hearthand
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by dachshund
Where are the Minis painted? Is it after the boat ride?
They're painted at the factory...before they head to the port for shipping...

Old 03-06-2012 | 09:53 PM
Lil Maky
2nd Gear
So I guess the fun begins. Just talked to ASK-MINI and they say we are scheduled for Production!

Old 03-07-2012 | 05:24 AM
blbandit
1st Gear
Originally Posted by cricketine
My MA is a complete....ggrrrrrrr...sorry, but that's pretty much what I've gathered. He claims that my car is still sitting on the dock in England and will be here in 3 to 4 weeks....because that is what the Owners Lounge says.

*Sigh*.... it is on the Fedora almost to California.

I just needed to know if I need to sign the papers before they install the dealer options or if they will do that before they call me to pick it up. Also...I needed to know approximately when to put it on our insurance so we can get that squared away. I didn't even get to ask him anything.. he said he was too busy right now and will touch base later this week to find out where the car is. Wha?

This is my first brand spanking new car AND it's a MINI. I really wish he was more helpful with this whole process... he is just too busy to help me out.

I'm zipping him off an email to ask my questions and let him know about this site and how to REALLY track your MINI, maybe he will pass on the information to others who come in to order.
My MA has only been with the company for 2 months and I did the same thing. I emailed him everything about tracking the car and the production numbers. I said this may help your future customers. He said thank you very much this would also help him. Because he was really trying to help me with answers.

Old 03-07-2012 | 06:39 AM
Little-ton
1st Gear
Fedora's sooo close....

For those Fedora fans like myself, according to Marinetraffic it is within spitting distance of Port Hueneme! Does anyone have experience as to the time frame from VDC to Colorado? Dare I hope to have it this weekend???

Old 03-07-2012 | 07:22 AM
NotPortlyNJ
2nd Gear
Vickie is on the Bess -- loaded on 3/4. Due in NY (actually Jersey City) 3/14.

Old 03-07-2012 | 09:09 AM
Keysersozeh
4th Gear
Originally Posted by Little-ton
For those Fedora fans like myself, according to Marinetraffic it is within spitting distance of Port Hueneme! Does anyone have experience as to the time frame from VDC to Colorado? Dare I hope to have it this weekend???
LOL! I am hoping to have it by this weekend and I am 45 min from the port.

So close yet so far.

Old 03-07-2012 | 10:19 AM
cricketine
3rd Gear
The Fedora has arrived!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 03-07-2012 | 11:13 AM
dachshund
2nd Gear
That's exciting! Now it heads north on a truck?

Old 03-07-2012 | 12:05 PM
Chulander
1st Gear
I found out my MINI has begun its journey on "GREEN BAY."

Fingers crossed for calm waters.

Old 03-07-2012 | 12:25 PM
Sprout.brg
2nd Gear
It won't be long now--congrats!!! Post pictures!

Old 03-07-2012 | 12:36 PM
froto13
2nd Gear
Well the California Highway K-line left today (according to the schedule) and my car was released to the carrier today and they said they could no longer provide any tracking information. does that mean that my MINI is on the CH? or is it just sitting there, by the sea, longing to be with me, as i am with it?

ok maybe not that bad but you get my point. any answers would be greatly appreciated, and would also feed my addiciton!!!

Old 03-07-2012 | 01:01 PM
cricketine
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by dachshund
That's exciting! Now it heads north on a truck?
I'm pretty sure once the VDC is done with it. Although, the Fedora's next port is Tacoma Washington. My pickup is in Portland so it seems like it would head there. I dunno

My MA did email me back and said that with the info I gave him Mini Z should be ready for pickup about the 14th!!! That would be the 17th for me since we live on the central coast and can only get to Portland on the weekend.

OMG.... it's almost time!!!!!

Old 03-07-2012 | 02:45 PM
beauxgoris
4th Gear
Production finished - I'm just waiting for a boat!

Old 03-07-2012 | 02:58 PM
ljmattox
5th Gear
So they're loading the WW ship Tirranna today to head to Baltimore, Charleston, and onto Australia, as it turns out. It holds 8,000 vehicles! Geez.

Anyhow, it was pins / needles today waiting to see the "Loaded on Vessel" update on the WW site (which I did, finally).

And, watching the S'hampton ship traffic on ShipAIS. Many have come/gone, but Tirranna is still sitting there (as of 10:54pm GMT). Sigh. They moved a tug near her about an hour ago, but still no joy. I'm wanting it to get underway *with* my MINI still on board...no "Returned to Shipper" for me, please!

More popcorn, please.

(And yes...color me amazed that I can sit here in STL and monitor ship traffic at an English seaport!)

Old 03-07-2012 | 03:36 PM
aolson86
Neutral
Hey ljmattox! I am also boarded on the Tirranna! I was waiting all day to see that on the site today! good to know there is somebody else out there on pins and needles too!

Old 03-07-2012 | 04:28 PM
Sprout.brg
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by froto13
Well the California Highway K-line left today (according to the schedule) and my car was released to the carrier today and they said they could no longer provide any tracking information. does that mean that my MINI is on the CH? or is it just sitting there, by the sea, longing to be with me, as i am with it?

ok maybe not that bad but you get my point. any answers would be greatly appreciated, and would also feed my addiciton!!!
Was that ASKMINI that told you that information? If so, that was the carrier to take you to the shipyard. You're not on a ship yet. Hang in there!!

Old 03-07-2012 | 06:47 PM
froto13
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Sprout.brg
Was that ASKMINI that told you that information? If so, that was the carrier to take you to the shipyard. You're not on a ship yet. Hang in there!!
They said it changed hands today. And an email tommy MA confirmed my worst fears.... It wasn't on that ship oh well here's hoping for the ship leaving Sunday!!! Waaaaaiting

Old 03-07-2012 | 08:08 PM
ljmattox
5th Gear
Originally Posted by aolson86
Hey ljmattox! I am also boarded on the Tirranna! I was waiting all day to see that on the site today! good to know there is somebody else out there on pins and needles too!
Ah, very good! It did finally leave about 11:15 GMT / 5:15 CST, and the WW site shows it now departed S'hampton as well. With my MINI still "loaded on vessel", always a plus!

I've been watching this site:

http://www.shipais.com/shiptrail.php?mmsi=259895000

that's the link for tracking Tirranna, you can select any ship you're interested in at http://www.shipais.com, pretty cool. Or if you know a destination port. It appears to be coastal tracking, I assume we'll have to shift to ShipWX to try to catch mid-Atlantic locations.

So aolson86, what MINI is headed your way?

Old 03-07-2012 | 08:16 PM
cricketine
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by froto13

>:D< <~~~~~ a hug.

I've been there, this has been the hardest wait in my entire life. Even being 6 years old and knowing I had one more week until Christmas morning. Released to the carrier means its on the train to Southampton then it will wait for it's ship to come in. Keep checking...

https://att.2wglobal.com/gstattweb/o...uickSearchPage

....and that will let you know which boat its on. Keep checking.... even if you have to 20 times a day like I did. I seriously scream/squeled when I saw it was booked...then I got bumped because it was full and had to wait another week

Ever seen Finding Nemo? Just keep checking, keep checking....

Old 03-08-2012 | 04:08 AM
Brittiu
1st Gear
Hi I'm new here but I like this support group!! I'm waiting for my MINI CM as well. Just got the memo that its awaiting transport! EEEK so excited he is all done and he is just waiting for me. I ordered him on 2-3-12. Anyone know how long it takes from this stage on?

Old 03-08-2012 | 07:08 AM
Little-ton
1st Gear
Originally Posted by Brittiu
Hi I'm new here but I like this support group!! I'm waiting for my MINI CM as well. Just got the memo that its awaiting transport! EEEK so excited he is all done and he is just waiting for me. I ordered him on 2-3-12. Anyone know how long it takes from this stage on?
Depends where it's going. East coast is definitely faster than West. Mine left port on 2-11 and arrive at Port Hueneme (CA) on 3-7. We'll see how long it takes to get to the dealership...

Old 03-08-2012 | 09:43 AM
Brittiu
1st Gear
Awesome, hopefully you will be driving it soon. I will be expecting mine to come to port on the east coast. I can't wait!!! Do they really give you the ships name that it's on?

CMS All4 light white, black roof. Rear and front bonnet stripes, premium/sport/cold weather/technology w/ navigation package. Chrome line exterior. Black head lamp housing, anthracite headliner, 2 piece center rail, panoramic sunroof

Quick Reply: "Those Waiting for a 2012" Support Group