1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"Those Waiting for a 2012" Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2011, 03:57 PM
cmcveay
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I decided it's time to get a little more room, a little more "go" potential and also, my first car that I've built the way I want...

I'm watching the progress of my 2012 Midnight Black/Chili Red JCW Clubman and I can't wait for it to get here. It'll be sad to trade in the 09 R56 but someone is gonna get an awesome car!

Old 08-29-2011, 10:25 AM
Wilde Maus
2nd Gear
My Mini is finally booked to leave on the Toscana tomorrow (8/30).
Arriving in Port Hueneme on Sept. 21.

Old 08-29-2011, 10:51 AM
rachael
1st Gear
OK - The Virgo Leader has been out of range for 6d, 10h 1min 47s. I think that's long enough!

It's due in Brunswick something like September 2nd, so maybe I have a few more days to wait before I can obsessively track it on the way to Port Hueneme.

Old 08-29-2011, 12:59 PM
minimidd77
2nd Gear
Anybody else riding on the Elektra with RallyCat and me? Elektra has officially left the port of Southampton and is head for the USA.

Congrats, Wilde Maus--yours will be on its way tomorrow! I love the image of all our Minis, bobbing across the ocean, headed for their new, happy homes.

Old 08-29-2011, 01:14 PM
withflyingcolors
2nd Gear
My clubman is at processing and I should be able to take delivery by 9/6. Woohoo!

Old 08-29-2011, 01:19 PM
Janus
2nd Gear
Minimidd77 - I'm pretty sure that my car is on the Elektra, confirmed a few days ago that it was loaded onto the ship for todays departure.

Old 08-29-2011, 01:26 PM
mrluckypa
5th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
and the virgo leader was probably delayed because of Irene. it'll get there safely!!!

Old 08-29-2011, 01:43 PM
micron
1st Gear
I'm on the Independence II! Should be docking in Baltimore on the 2nd

Old 08-29-2011, 01:43 PM
Wilde Maus
2nd Gear
Found this link on another post, but thought it would be helpful to post it here too. If you know the name of your ship, you can enter it on the left where it says (GO TO VESSEL) (Choose Cargo if it gives you an option) and see where it's at. Just zoom in and out on the map if needed. This way you can track your baby wherever it is. My ship the Toscana is heading towards Southampton right now to pick up my Mini.

http://marinetraffic.com/ais/

Last edited by Wilde Maus; 08-29-2011 at 01:53 PM.
Old 08-29-2011, 01:48 PM
CausticOne
1st Gear
Mine's awaiting transport at the moment. Who's awaiting with me?

Old 08-29-2011, 01:48 PM
Wilde Maus
2nd Gear
Congrats, Wilde Maus--yours will be on its way tomorrow! I love the image of all our Minis, bobbing across the ocean, headed for their new, happy homes.[/QUOTE]

Thank you. @minimidd77. The link I just posted has pictures of the ship. What gigantuous ships they are. Damn.

Old 08-29-2011, 01:51 PM
Wilde Maus
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by CausticOne
Mine's awaiting transport at the moment. Who's awaiting with me?
Hi CausticOne. Do you know if you are scheduled on the Toscana for Port Hueneme? If yes, then ours are gonna be on the same ship together.

Old 08-29-2011, 01:55 PM
CausticOne
1st Gear
Originally Posted by Wilde Maus
Hi CausticOne. Do you know if you are scheduled on the Toscana for Port Hueneme? If yes, then ours are gonna be on the same ship together.
Wilde Maus - I just called MINI, says Oliver is at the port, but no shipping information is available. :(

Last edited by CausticOne; 08-29-2011 at 02:18 PM.
Old 08-29-2011, 03:03 PM
Wilde Maus
2nd Gear
Wilde Maus - I just called MINI, says Oliver is at the port, but no shipping information is available. :(
Hi again, if you are lucky, he'll make it on to the ship that's leaving tomorrow.
If you have your VIN number, enter it here in the last field that says CARGO ID, then hit the TRACK button:

https://att.2wglobal.com/gstattweb/o...uickSearchPage

That's where I found out what ship I was on.

Old 08-29-2011, 03:17 PM
SpankyandAndy
1st Gear
Originally Posted by LaurenMini
Spanky, what ship did yours come in on? My Countryman is on the way to the docks or at the docks already. I'm still waiting for it to get on a ship. I assume it is on a WW ship, but maybe I'm wrong?
It is on the Tiger which arrived in Baltimore on Friday, left again on Saturday to ride out Irene in the Bay rather than moored in port...came back into port early Monday morning and is still at the dock. I checked on WW website several times today to see if it has been offloaded but there hasn't been any movement. Gettin' a little uptight because I think I'm going to need to reschedule the clear bra installation scheduled for Friday which also means I won't be motoring this weekend!

Old 08-29-2011, 03:32 PM
CausticOne
1st Gear
Hi again, if you are lucky, he'll make it on to the ship that's leaving tomorrow.
If you have your VIN number, enter it here in the last field that says CARGO ID, then hit the TRACK button:

https://att.2wglobal.com/gstattweb/o...uickSearchPage

That's where I found out what ship I was on.
I found it! It's booked on Toscana like yours. Now how long does it take to get to the dealer so I can drive it?

Old 08-29-2011, 03:33 PM
nddst
2nd Gear
My car just left port today (Elektra). It makes a pit stop in Canada before heading south the NY/NJ.

Cannot wait!

Old 08-29-2011, 03:49 PM
Wilde Maus
2nd Gear
I found it! It's booked on Toscana like yours. Now how long does it take to get to the dealer so I can drive it?
Oh yay. They can be friends. It said est. arrival on Sept. 21 in Port H. Hopefully it won't be staying there too long. If you have extra accessories that need to be installed, that could mean staying longer at the dist. center. I am hoping I can pick mine up from the dealership on the 24/25 of Sept. but don't know how often the truck comes to pick them up.
My dealership is in San Diego. Where is yours?

Old 08-29-2011, 04:01 PM
CausticOne
1st Gear
Oh yay. They can be friends. It said est. arrival on Sept. 21 in Port H. Hopefully it won't be staying there too long. If you have extra accessories that need to be installed, that could mean staying longer at the dist. center. I am hoping I can pick mine up from the dealership on the 24/25 of Sept. but don't know how often the truck comes to pick them up.
My dealership is in San Diego. Where is yours?
Santa Ana. Maybe they'll time it just right so I can take the day off and drop my Audi off at the dealership, then walk next door to drive Oliver home. Now that would be efficient!

Old 08-29-2011, 04:06 PM
bakesonaplane
2nd Gear
All of this talk of people getting ready to pick up their MINI's is making me jealous...

Is anyone else on here still at least 3-4 weeks away from picking theirs up like I am?...geeze

Old 08-29-2011, 04:07 PM
Wilde Maus
2nd Gear
Santa Ana. Maybe they'll time it just right so I can take the day off and drop my Audi off at the dealership, then walk next door to drive Oliver home. Now that would be efficient!
Now that would be good timing, wouldn't it?

Old 08-29-2011, 04:10 PM
Wilde Maus
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by bakesonaplane
All of this talk of people getting ready to pick up their MINI's is making me jealous...

Is anyone else on here still at least 3-4 weeks away from picking theirs up like I am?...geeze
Sorry bakesonaplane. Me and CausticOne are still 3-4 weeks away from picking ours up too. We were just day dreaming of the time when we do pick them up.

Old 08-29-2011, 04:28 PM
PatM
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by bakesonaplane

I don't feel sorry for any of you. I have at least 7 weeks I'm thinking. I still don't have a production date so I can only surmise it's going to be awhile. And with West Coast delivery that adds even more time. Yikes I hate this part of the buying process. This is worse than the negotiation. (I know what negotiation.)

Old 08-29-2011, 04:52 PM
Wilde Maus
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by PatM
I don't feel sorry for any of you. I have at least 7 weeks I'm thinking. I still don't have a production date so I can only surmise it's going to be awhile. And with West Coast delivery that adds even more time. Yikes I hate this part of the buying process. This is worse than the negotiation. (I know what negotiation.)
Sorry Pat. The worst time is when nothing is happening. Hope you get a production date soon.

"Patience is bitter, but its fruit is sweet"

Old 08-29-2011, 05:09 PM
bakesonaplane
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by PatM
But you already have 2 MINI's! You can go out and motor anytime you want. That's gotta make it at least a little easier

Quick Reply: "Those Waiting for a 2012" Support Group