1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"Those Waiting for a 2012" Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2012 | 12:29 PM
ussocom1001
1st Gear
Originally Posted by bruceink
I am tentatively scheduled to pick my JCW Coupe up tomorrow afternoon. She says it shows having been dropped off at 4:40 today, which in dealer land means it might come tonight.....anyway, ramping up the anticipation,.....a little. Ready for all this waiting to be over.
Congrats! Please share pictures with us~

Old 03-15-2012 | 01:02 PM
cricketine
3rd Gear
Reason given for a two week delay of delivery of Mini Z... The trucks carry many cars and may make deliveries to other dealers. Also there could be poor driving conditions on the roads.
Dunno. Looks like I'll be picking up my car in Portland near the second week of April.
Mind you...It arrived at the VDC on March 8th.

Old 03-15-2012 | 01:37 PM
hearthand
2nd Gear
Looks like my car will be ready Saturday....

Old 03-15-2012 | 02:04 PM
ljmattox
5th Gear
Originally Posted by cricketine
Reason given for a two week delay of delivery of Mini Z... The trucks carry many cars and may make deliveries to other dealers. Also there could be poor driving conditions on the roads.
Dunno. Looks like I'll be picking up my car in Portland near the second week of April.
Geez. How frustrating. And I was bummed this morning seeing MV Tirranna was docking in Baltimore two days later than originally posted (now Saturday 3/17). I'd always planned on lickety-split passing through the VDC then a two-day truck ride to STL. Guess I'd better hang loose.

One of my auto forums today posted that US mfrs are lamenting a shortage of OTR auto carriers, and fear it may affect new car sales.

MINI has their own fleet (shared with BMW?), IIRC?

Old 03-15-2012 | 02:04 PM
NotPortlyNJ
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by rosvick
After several months of patiently awaiting its arrival, I'm finally picking up my new Coupe S tomorrow morning. It'll be my first MINI, but I'm predicting it won't be my last....
No, probably not your last. My second one arrived at port in Jersey City yesterday -- my ship came in!

Old 03-15-2012 | 02:10 PM
ljmattox
5th Gear
Originally Posted by Saleen326
Camped on the webcam, but I was following it on Marinetraffic so I kinda knew when it would be there.
OIC. And great shot!

I'm waiting for Tirranna to get back into AIS range near Baltimore and follow it in...I kept an eye on it leaving Southampton, and followed it out to the Atlantic past Land's End.

Again: wow. The whole friggen' world's connected!

Old 03-15-2012 | 04:21 PM
MY4thMINI
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Julzie
Just ordered my new Countryman S on Monday night and as of this morning he's already scheduled for production!

Built with the following specs:
Metallic Absolute Black
Black Lounge Leather (Rear Sport Seats)
Cold Weather Package
Premium Package
Technology Package (w/out Nav)
Dual Pane Sunroof
Xenon Headlights w/ Black Headlight Housing
White Turn Signals
Chrome Driving/Rally Lights
Chrome Line Exterior
Anthracite Headliner
Front and Rear Armrests
Anthracite Tunnel Spokes

I'm trading in my 2010 Pepper White Justa AKA "Watson". Very happy with the deals I got on both the ordered Mini and my trade, though I think my haggling has eliminated the possibility of them throwing in anything extra, like rubber mats.

And now I wait...sigh.
------------------------------
I just placed my order on Monday as well.
Nothin yet on production for me.
Let's see who comes in first.

Old 03-15-2012 | 04:22 PM
Julzie
2nd Gear
Bwahaha, it'll be his first race!

Old 03-15-2012 | 04:24 PM
Julzie
2nd Gear
Your Roadster looks like it's going to be killer by the way!

Old 03-15-2012 | 05:01 PM
wry_martini
1st Gear
Still waiting for my production number to update in the Owner's Lounge - it's been almost a week but it still shows as someone else's Mini from 2008.

I wish it would hurry up so I can have something to fixate on while I wait for 10-12 weeks!

Old 03-15-2012 | 05:11 PM
Hyland33
2nd Gear
Should be picking mine up tomorrow if the dealer gets the paperwork it needs. If not it'll probably be saturday. It's been a long 6 weeks haha

Old 03-15-2012 | 07:11 PM
bruceink
2nd Gear
OK. Decompressing after picking up JCW Coupe at Alexander MINI south of Downtown LA.....what a joy to finally get it! Small bummer, they made the dash and door rings black, and I ordered red, but I had the exact combo on my '07 and loved it then, so I accepted the car. Nightmarish traffic drive home with unfamiliar car, and shifting again, but no problem....way happy.
Pictures at some point.....

Bruce in Santa Monica

PS two incidents on the way home. Attractive woman in red MINI rolls down her window and asks me if I like it as her lease is up and she's just wondering....
Parked outside the garage for a photo and someone walking by asks, "is that a FIAT?

Old 03-15-2012 | 08:07 PM
bruceink
2nd Gear
"Those Waiting for a 2012" Support Group-img_0222.jpg

"Those Waiting for a 2012" Support Group-img_0221.jpg

Home at last

Old 03-15-2012 | 09:20 PM
Keysersozeh
4th Gear
OK. Decompressing after picking up JCW Coupe at Alexander MINI south of Downtown LA.....what a joy to finally get it! Small bummer, they made the dash and door rings black, and I ordered red, but I had the exact combo on my '07 and loved it then, so I accepted the car. Nightmarish traffic drive home with unfamiliar car, and shifting again, but no problem....way happy.

Bruce in Santa Monica

PS two incidents on the way home. Attractive woman in red MINI rolls down her window and asks me if I like it as her lease is up and she's just wondering....
Parked outside the garage for a photo and someone walking by asks, "is that a FIAT?
It's fun catching people's faces in traffic. Does your fan kick on for about 30 seconds after you turn yours off?

Old 03-15-2012 | 10:52 PM
noreen99
4th Gear
having a hard time being patient this is my very first new car,ordered r59 (reef blue) on 2/29, o/l and ask mini still show as ordered no production date, @ what point do i start bugging the ***?

Old 03-16-2012 | 04:58 AM
bruceink
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Keysersozeh
It's fun catching people's faces in traffic. Does your fan kick on for about 30 seconds after you turn yours off?
I was in such a fog of automotive bliss when I got it home to the garage that I don't remember if the fan went on, but for sure my '07 did that. i look forward to being a little more normal when driving, so I can see the reactions. I think it's going to be noticed......

Old 03-16-2012 | 10:36 AM
Chulander
1st Gear
I was in such a fog of automotive bliss when I got it home to the garage that I don't remember if the fan went on, but for sure my '07 did that. i look forward to being a little more normal when driving, so I can see the reactions. I think it's going to be noticed......
Congrats on your new JCW! Mine is on a ship and steadily making its way to port, but I have a question about the ground clearance of your aero kit.

I know you just got it, but based on your first impression, do you forsee scraping on a daily basis of the front lip? When I was at the dealer last, I noticed a variance of clearance heights from the cars with Aero Kits, and none of them had the JCW suspension. (A variance of about .5"–1").

Just curious to hear your thoughts. Thanks.

Old 03-16-2012 | 10:43 AM
Keysersozeh
4th Gear
Originally Posted by Chulander
Congrats on your new JCW! Mine is on a ship and steadily making its way to port, but I have a question about the ground clearance of your aero kit.

I know you just got it, but based on your first impression, do you forsee scraping on a daily basis of the front lip? When I was at the dealer last, I noticed a variance of clearance heights from the cars with Aero Kits, and none of them had the JCW suspension. (A variance of about .5"–1").

Just curious to hear your thoughts. Thanks.
My JCW does not have the SS or the JCW suspension, but I can tell you I have not scraped the air dam as of yet. I know all the places I would have if I was driving my 06 with the HR springs and so far none of them have created an issue.

Now, if I did change my suspension.. I think I might have some issues. I'll go home and measure tonight and see what my clearance is.

Old 03-16-2012 | 10:49 AM
Keysersozeh
4th Gear
My neighborhood has a pretty large number of Fisker Karmas and every time I pass one you can see them checking it out. When I have parked, I've had a few people ask me is that a special Mini because they have never seen it before. All the reactions have been really positive and with a lot of interest. I think as more of these get on to the roads, I think sales will grow.

"Does that top come off?" Is the 2nd most common question I get asked.

Old 03-16-2012 | 11:00 AM
ljmattox
5th Gear
Just on a whim, I thought to check marinetraffic today for the Tirranna...is due in Baltimore tomorrow, 3/17.

*Found it*!

It apparently made some headway; the schedule is now updated to be in BALPOA *today*, 3pm, although that looks a little ambitious given that they're just making the turn (as of now) about 20kms off Virginia Beach to start heading up Chesapeake Bay.

Still...my MINI should be ashore soon...VDC...then onto STL.

Old 03-16-2012 | 11:08 AM
ljmattox
5th Gear

Bruce in Santa Monica

a. Geez, it hadn't dawned on me that it'd be possible to *not* build-to-order on these. I have a zillion individual options specified on mine. I'll hope someone had their eyes open as it came down the line. Was it the case that your Vehicle Inquiry Report had it right, they just didn't execute? Or was it missed on the order sheet?

b. "Is that a FIAT?". OMG. Too funny!

Is *very* nice looking! I'll admit I didn't "get" these at first, but after seeing a few more, esp. JCW, they have their own "cool" factor.

Old 03-16-2012 | 12:32 PM
dneilg
1st Gear
Originally Posted by cricketine
Ouch! So sorry this happened. My Countryman is on it's way to Portland also. (still waiting for a boat). Hopefully it won't be the looooong 3 month wait that they put you through!

Old 03-16-2012 | 12:52 PM
Keysersozeh
4th Gear
Originally Posted by dneilg
Ouch! So sorry this happened. My Countryman is on it's way to Portland also. (still waiting for a boat). Hopefully it won't be the looooong 3 month wait that they put you through!
It could also be the case of giving the larger number to set the expectation and then come in 'early'. My MA was doing that with me until I explained how much of the timeline I knew. Thanks NAM

Old 03-16-2012 | 01:13 PM
irieman
5th Gear
This morning a little bird told me that cars that arrived at the VDC on the 7th via the FEDORA, are being loaded up onto trucks this afternoon onto their final destinations. Bay area MINIs should be arriving to their dealers Sunday and Monday.*

At least, that's what I've heard.

*Of course, depending on what work may be getting done to your MINI at the VDC, your timeline may vary.

Hope that helps!

Old 03-16-2012 | 03:20 PM
davidziegler
Neutral
New member - waiting since Monday for my Production Number which I finally got this afternoon. Signed up for the OL but it's showing a 2008 Cooper S so obviously that's not updated yet. Luckily the ASK-MINI automated line (and rep) both said their system shows the car as "On Order" but no other details. Guess I have at least a week or two of No-New-Info still to go...

Quick Reply: "Those Waiting for a 2012" Support Group